GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
Can't check the 15 million cr cars, but all of the other ones also got a super premium upgrade on the same level as the R32 and Supra. The modeling detail is so good.

z7vMpkF.png

bIP6Shc.png

tcZ2Lgj.png

vGcpFoO.png

niEgjXy.png

ueNLfuo.png

zyQAmjJ.png

XA1MjtM.png

jxQsjHv.png

rqqZIlM.png

Last edited:
If this is the only GT for this console, it's a shame we can't transfer credits and cars like in PS2 & PS3 games.
I'm sure a code can be written to allow such transfers from accounts.

Really weird(not) for PD to "sell" $2million Cr and then gift a bunch of cars in Campaign Mode.

I wish. I've got at least a billion credits worth of cars just sat idle but I might devalue the Miura'a price when I flood the market with them.:D

I can sort of understand the <2 million credit cars being available for a small amount of cash though. Lots of impulse buyers swelling the coffers.

The carousel was great at the beginning as we were bombarded by expensive or Gr cars but now it's a tease with the increased car roster. Three good cars and a Clio? You know which one you're going to get. I've seen better odds on a one armed bandit.:lol:

A little disappointed with the lack of VTEC crossover and wail on the S2000.
My AP1 is pretty much stock with a intake and exhaust and sounds meaner than this...

The BOV sound on the Lancia though :drool:

The amount of detail on these cars are unreal, a lot of people don't realise the amount of time, effort & dedication that goes into these it's absolutely insane and as much as we give PD crap about things you have to admit the end result is nothing short of amazing i'd happily pay more for these or buy DLC packs if the money went into either bringing down development time for future DLC content for GTS or helping to make the next GT game come that little bit faster

My only complaint about the Amuse S2000 is that I can't upgrade the power.
Why would you want to? It is such a pain to drive stock:lol:

When the game launched the oldest car was from 2009 (With the exception of the '87 Audi Quattro). I'm sure newer cars are coming, but classic cars are more of a priority IMO.
Yes they are a priority! They are many classic cars which are for more intriguing than modern supercars.

It's a bit disappointing the new track is Red Bull Ring rather than something more universally enjoyable like Spa or Silverstone, but this does give me hope that both those tracks are almost certainly being worked on. I honestly didn't even remember the Red Bull Ring being in GT6, that's how forgettable it is imo, but it is another track to add to the roster to keep online interesting, and now surely we'll probably have both Spa and Silverstone by year's end.
I don't get the hate for the Red Bull Ring. It's not disappointing and to say it isn't universally enjoyed is a bit of a stretch. Spa is good and yes we need it, but you can't complain about the Red Bull Ring; it's an official F1 venue, what more could you want?

i'd actually like to see a PC2 manual pit stop added to the game in a future update i think that would be pretty cool and add a little more to the game especially in FIA races, but then again i could see it being a bit of a mess too

This has been a very nice update so far. Red Bull Ring has some deceptively tricky corners to keep you on your toes.

The Mazda 787B finally has the idle brap-brap-brap sound, which is great, but it needs to be significantly louder. It sounds good but it's far too low.
I've enjoyed driving the Mini, Abarth 500 and Volkswagen so far. They are slow but you can really press on and trash them without too much worry.
Unfortunately unless I win them, I will never get to try the Ford Mark IV and Shelby Daytona Coupe as I don't have the time to grind that much. They were my most anticipated cars so it is a pity.

Also, there is a new Gr.1 endurance race which is always gid news. I'd like to see a multiclass one in the future though.

Good job with v1.25.
👍

Most important question for v1.25 - which Mr Bean livery did you download yesterday...?

're the question about the 975cc vs 1250cc I agree with the responder that they probably added the rarer one for its rarity value. However you can spec it up to 225% power so you effectively get the 1250cc and more if you do that.

It is surprisingly competitive in the FF events when fully powered up, I am losing only to the Civic rabbits.

I've uploaded some "Mr Bean's Holiday" videos on the YT channel from the FF events... :D

It's a real shame there is a lack of imagination on the pricing (as per usual) I'm not grinding 1/4 billion credits or more when I can grab them for free on the carousel of mediocrity at some point
I hope the daily marathon carousel won't come back in the next GT. I want to win a legendary Ferrari or Ford GT thanks to a endurance race, time trials or long championship. Not a random reward after 42 km.

I think in both GT5 and 6 the most you could get was about 900,000 credits in the B-Spec races with the 5 day 2x login bonus.

650pp race around the 'ring. So every 7'30"?

With the log in bonus, there were quite a few quick matches with about 1.1 million credits for 1st place and you'd get 6-7 races done per hour. Regular QM's were about 500k every 4-5 minutes so a measly 5 million credits per hour...:crazy:

So many of the regular quick matchers were stuck on the credit cap, we'd stop before the finish line to give the wins and credits away. We were sick of the sight of them.:lol:

It seems to be the rarer model and won some significant races. But it also depends what car PD got their hands on. I doubt there are many original cars left in standard spec.

https://www.racecar.com/News/86144/...n-special-to-star-at-Silverstone-Classic-Sale

Most important question for v1.25 - which Mr Bean livery did you download yesterday...?

're the question about the 975cc vs 1250cc I agree with the responder that they probably added the rarer one for its rarity value. However you can spec it up to 225% power so you effectively get the 1250cc and more if you do that.

It is surprisingly competitive in the FF events when fully powered up, I am losing only to the Civic rabbits.

I've uploaded some "Mr Bean's Holiday" videos on the YT channel from the FF events... :D

Both of these engines were "homologation specials", just for different classes. I may be wrong, but Monte Carlo Rally winner cars of that period had 1,275 cc engines. So from that point of view bigger engine has more racing/historical significance. It seems strange to me to include smaller engine only because it's more rare (btw, I fully understand that in some cases - like Aston Martin Vantage V8/V12 or Audi R8 V8/V10 - both variants are welcome and important because of a huge difference in driving characteristics and car behavior, but that's a very different story).
But yeah, probably the real reason is just they got their hands on that specific model in great condition and standard spec and decided to go with it.

Last edited:
With the log in bonus, there were quite a few quick matches with about 1.1 million credits for 1st place and you'd get 6-7 races done per hour. Regular QM's were about 500k every 4-5 minutes so a measly 5 million credits per hour...:crazy:

So many of the regular quick matchers were stuck on the credit cap, we'd stop before the finish line to give the wins and credits away. We were sick of the sight of them.:lol:

The best atm is Bluemoon bay, 375k per 12 minutes or 1.875 mil per hour. (N300 handicap + clean race bonus)
Or the nostalgic race cup (needs a 15 or 20 mil car), 240k per 8 minutes or 1.8 mil per hour (clean race bonus)
Porsche endurance you can lower the N class one step is 756k for a clean win. (20% handicap + clean race bonus) That's a bit over an hour.
Sport mode: 159K for a clean win at the daily C is max 318k per hour.

So it's 'only' an 11 hour grind for a 20 mil car at Bluemoon or nostalgic race cup.
Sport mode at least 63 hours if you are always winning with clean race bonus, more realistically 200+ hours.

Red bull Ring is fine. Two of the eight cars are worthy. But the other 6 are just PD padding the car list. I guess it's a blessing it takes so long to model a car or we would have 40 miata 55 Skylines and still no P1, 918, F12, 812, Agera, etc not to mention actual racing cars. At this pace, I expect we'll see bikes before those cars

I found it VERY interesting that they added specifically an amuse R1 Titan S2000. I remember driving it in the previous gran turismo.

In my opinion this is the best update yet. S2000 required some tuning but drove quite nicely around the Nurburgring !

Attachments

• 543B3BD5-BC66-4A06-B57F-BD96AA1D0637.png
    543B3BD5-BC66-4A06-B57F-BD96AA1D0637.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 24
We’re meh because they’re slowly releasing content that we’ve already had in previous games.

It’s like playing a fifa game, and EA announcing in the next update they will be adding Messi and Old Trafford to the game....like sweet, thanks for adding them, but don’t think we don’t see past your marketing strategy here.

If they were adding cars and tracks that were new to the franchise (and not fanstasy garbage like St Croix or VGTs), then Id agree, we’d have nothing to complain about. Otherwise, people have every right to be “meh” about seeing rehashed content (and in the case of the cars, mostly gimmick cars that no one will drive “seriously”) added to the game.

St Croix and the amazing VGT cars are my favorite part of GT Sport and I skipped over GT6.

I've been saving (not a grinder) for the Miura since it came out as I love that car so much. Now the Shelby's out, the Miura has been bumped down the list as I love the Shelby even more... 1st world problems huh?

Here's an idea. I've got about sixty Miura's gathering pixelated dust in my GT6 stockyard so can I part exchange them? Sixty GT6 Miura's for one PS4 Miura? I've got a few 250 GTO's, XJ13's and P330's I'd be happy to swap for one single solitary Daytona too. I'll even throw in my current 9-10 million credits as a sweetener.👍👍

Where's the quick match credits when you need them.:banghead:
Great point. That’s what makes the grinding really frustrating, many of us have ground for these same cars many times before. Some sort of legacy or exchange system with our profiles from previous GTs would be really welcomed.

Edit: @rono_thomas
View attachment 762555

I was curious at my rate of GTS play how long it will take me to earn 100 million in credits, needless to say, I very much doubt I will ever get there :lol:

9 years :lol:
See you’ll get there eventually. If you would “work harder” you could get there sooner. Maybe consider phoning in sick for a week, really put in some work, you’ll have access to all the cars in no time :P

Last edited:
Agreed. However, still having to grind, it doesn't have to be the same boring Blue Moon track. 18 minutes and under, take your E30 with 244hp and RSS tyres to Maggiore and score 425,000 Cr. It may be 6 minutes longer, but breaks up the boring part of grinding.

The Cooper S. It's such a joy. Doing One Make Custom Races at RBR early. Morning and late night, is too much fun. Just lowering the suspension, stiffer the springs and wind up the manti-roll bars a bit, leaving power and weight stock. Start from the back in a 20 car Grid Start, don't dive bomb the AI and you'll be rewarded with some cool pack racing.

Yes thats what im kinda already doing, as I find the blue moon race very boring.

So im mostly doing the other Premium races, even they take a bit longer, but they are also a bit more fun and challinging to try and get a clean race.

BTW do you have a tune for the E30 you use on Maggiore ?

Project cars 2 over 200 cars (mainly race cars), over 60 tracks (real tracks), over 150 layouts:tup:
And you can't stay connected On-line long enough to complete a 30 minute race..
Oh, and the Replay only records about 15 minutes..

Still too many bugs to make it worth Jumping through all the hoops to try to enjoy it...

1 Hour of time to have some on-line fun.

GTS - 6 Great On-line races - no fuss, no Muss. It just works...
PC2 - 15 minutes to Navigate the menus and get it set up - then 2 failed races from disconnections - shut it down in frustration..

And that is what on-line is really about..
Good, Clean, Evenly matched, racing - with out jumping through a bunch of hoops and hurdles.

Back