GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
Cars with H-pattern manual gearboxes seem to have shorter (faster) gear change times. It doesn't seem like it takes forever to up-shift. Did anybody else notice this too or it's just me since i haven't played with the TH8A for a long time.

And why is it that the new nostalgic premium race doesn't allow us to race with some of the pre '79 cars that are actually allowed as opponents? GT 40 Mk 1, Ford Mustang Mach 1 are some of them.

I believe it's best that the argument should be taken to a PM because it's derailing the thread a wee bit.

On topic...

The Mini with RSS is hilarious to drive, two wheeling all over the place.

Back in the day, three-wheeling was normal, inside front smoking, inside rear hovering above inches of air

The best atm is Bluemoon bay, 375k per 12 minutes or 1.875 mil per hour. (N300 handicap + clean race bonus)
Or the nostalgic race cup (needs a 15 or 20 mil car), 240k per 8 minutes or 1.8 mil per hour (clean race bonus)
Porsche endurance you can lower the N class one step is 756k for a clean win. (20% handicap + clean race bonus) That's a bit over an hour.
Sport mode: 159K for a clean win at the daily C is max 318k per hour.

So it's 'only' an 11 hour grind for a 20 mil car at Bluemoon or nostalgic race cup.
Sport mode at least 63 hours if you are always winning with clean race bonus, more realistically 200+ hours.

I sold a load of GrX cars earlier today to get me up to 14 million so I'm not too far off now. They were all thanks to the pit lane glitch, all zero miles and all likely to remain that way. Damned OCD making me buy them.:lol:

Shouldn't be too long scraping the last million up with sport and lobby racing. The Daytona will be mine.

The amount of detail on these cars are unreal, a lot of people don't realise the amount of time, effort & dedication that goes into these it's absolutely insane and as much as we give PD crap about things you have to admit the end result is nothing short of amazing i'd happily pay more for these or buy DLC packs if the money went into either bringing down development time for future DLC content for GTS or helping to make the next GT game come that little bit faster

Personally, I'd rather have cars that have 100% accurate sound rather than 100% accurate visuals. Because I'm driving and racing these cars 99% of the time, not taking photos, and proper sound offers such great immersion. But on sound, PD have a long way to go still.

The best atm is Bluemoon bay, 375k per 12 minutes or 1.875 mil per hour. (N300 handicap + clean race bonus)
Or the nostalgic race cup (needs a 15 or 20 mil car), 240k per 8 minutes or 1.8 mil per hour (clean race bonus)
Porsche endurance you can lower the N class one step is 756k for a clean win. (20% handicap + clean race bonus) That's a bit over an hour.
Sport mode: 159K for a clean win at the daily C is max 318k per hour.

So it's 'only' an 11 hour grind for a 20 mil car at Bluemoon or nostalgic race cup.
Sport mode at least 63 hours if you are always winning with clean race bonus, more realistically 200+ hours.

This is what I find most anoying. Why cant they not just make a system where we can earn credits without doing boring races vs. slow AI cars

I actually like if there is a progresion system where some of the cars are rare, and you start slowly increasing your garage. I much prefer that compared to a system where all the cars are free.

All they need to do is to even out the payout across all modes. So maybe it takes like 30 hours to earn 20 millions Credits no matter what mode someone playes.

Lobby, sport, League, Time trial, it should all be about the same rate for earning credits. So everyone can play their prefered mode and enjoy the game, and progress at a resonable pace filling up the garage.

Also another thing. Get rid of the Daily lottery, and give out some of there more rare cars for progressing the game.

For example.

Gold all time trials ( They should increase the difficulty ) : Price pick a +15 million car.
Win your first sport mode race: Price Pick a 1 Million car.
Win 10 Sport mode races: Price Pick a car maximum worth 3 Million.
Win 25 sport mode races: Price pick a +15 million car.
Reach level 40: Price pick a car maximum worth 15 Million.
Reach Level 50: Price pick a 20 car worth 20 million.

Stuff like that would be so much better rather than depending on playing utterly boring races VS Dumb slow AI. Or being extremely lucky in the lottery.

Personally, I'd rather have cars that have 100% accurate sound rather than 100% accurate visuals. Because I'm driving and racing these cars 99% of the time, not taking photos, and proper sound offers such great immersion. But on sound, PD have a long way to go still.
I 100% agree on sound. I don't care if there's jagged edges on trees, blobs for spectators, I want my car to sound good above all else. I'm fairly happy with it, although it could be a bit better. And I do appreciate the visuals, the game looks good.

the nostalgic race cup (needs a 15 or 20 mil car), 240k per 8 minutes or 1.8 mil per hour (clean race bonus)

could be done under 7 minutes with a properly tuned Xj13 or 330 P4 ;-)

first try with the Xj13 , finish first in 7'05" easily and in a not so perfect driving

full stock , the 330P4 is 10 sec faster than the XJ13

for me , this race is now the best time/money ratio ;-) ............. and a far less boring race than Blue Moon Bay !!!!

I sold a load of GrX cars earlier today to get me up to 14 million so I'm not too far off now. They were all thanks to the pit lane glitch, all zero miles and all likely to remain that way. Damned OCD making me buy them.:lol:

Shouldn't be too long scraping the last million up with sport and lobby racing. The Daytona will be mine.

I missed a pit lane money making trick?

I did the LeMans race, definitely more fun than the oval grind. But it's only thanks to the wheel of miss fortune i have that.

My total earned credits are 27.000.000 after playing the game for 9 days and 6 hours....

Yes but I can't remember how much credits it was for. We were raking in prize money every 90 seconds or so by hand braking into the pit lane in a custom race and in a low powered car against Gr1's, getting reset back to the track and tripping the game up with lap count. It automatically put us on the last lap just before the finish line. It soon got patched after people realised it worked in sport mode too...:rolleyes:

Only today after more than 24hrs the update went live, I had the chance to boot the game and check what the fuzz is all about.

I completed some races from GT league at the Red Bull Ring, and man... that track looks good and drives good. The thing that caught my eyes was that the uphill straight after the 1st turn feels steeper than the F1 game counterpart.

About the cars... just couldn't buy any yet. I just bought the 250 GTO and I'm still in bankrupcty status. But the Daytona in special looks super dope!

The CE at St. Croix made me change my opinion about the track. I used to think the track was "meh" but it has a nice flow when driving a fast grippy car. Especially the version B of it.

I did the LeMans race, definitely more fun than the oval grind. But it's only thanks to the wheel of miss fortune i have that.

My total earned credits are 27.000.000 after playing the game for 9 days and 6 hours....

Pit lane glitch, man that was ancient history. They fixed that in like November. It was a decent money glitch, but the best money tricks IMO have always been AFK rubber banded endurance races. They've worked since launch and I got a 20 hour one going right now and when I get off work I'll be 6 million richer.

Only today after more than 24hrs the update went live, I had the chance to boot the game and check what the fuzz is all about.

I completed some races from GT league at the Red Bull Ring, and man... that track looks good and drives good. The thing that caught my eyes was that the uphill straight after the 1st turn feels steeper than the F1 game counterpart.

About the cars... just couldn't buy any yet. I just bought the 250 GTO and I'm still in bankrupcty status. But the Daytona in special looks super dope!

The CE at St. Croix made me change my opinion about the track. I used to think the track was "meh" but it has a nice flow when driving a fast grippy car. Especially the version B of it.
I think PD likes to exaggerate some elevation changes. The hills on Conrod Straight at Bathurst seem way too steep compared to the nearly 100s of hours of racing I’ve watched there. Even some of the elevation changes on the Nordschlief feel exaggerated compared to previous games, other games, and real life onboard laps.

This is what I find most anoying. Why cant they not just make a system where we can earn credits without doing boring races vs. slow AI cars

I actually like if there is a progresion system where some of the cars are rare, and you start slowly increasing your garage. I much prefer that compared to a system where all the cars are free.

All they need to do is to even out the payout across all modes. So maybe it takes like 30 hours to earn 20 millions Credits no matter what mode someone playes.

Lobby, sport, League, Time trial, it should all be about the same rate for earning credits. So everyone can play their prefered mode and enjoy the game, and progress at a resonable pace filling up the garage.

Also another thing. Get rid of the Daily lottery, and give out some of there more rare cars for progressing the game.

For example.

Gold all time trials ( They should increase the difficulty ) : Price pick a +15 million car.
Win your first sport mode race: Price Pick a 1 Million car.
Win 10 Sport mode races: Price Pick a car maximum worth 3 Million.
Win 25 sport mode races: Price pick a +15 million car.
Reach level 40: Price pick a car maximum worth 15 Million.
Reach Level 50: Price pick a 20 car worth 20 million.

Stuff like that would be so much better rather than depending on playing utterly boring races VS Dumb slow AI. Or being extremely lucky in the lottery.
Why not just reduce the cost of these cars, and make the available to purchase with Milage Points?

I think the milage point system is great, as no matter what kind of driving you’re doing, you’re earning something for it. What pisses me off about the grinding is you have literally sacrifice the main reasons you bought the game (driving online), just to be able on grind credits for cars to use online. Talk about a chore...real life has enough chores, we don’t need more in a video game.

If someone sinks 100 hours into grinding blue moon and has all the credits in the world to buy every car in the game, good for them. But what about the person who puts 300 hours into online lobbies, doing things like cruising, drifting, car shows, etc? They get nothing for their time in the game (ok they get the MP, but there ain’t much to buy with MP at the moment). What about the person who only has time for 1 or 2 sport mode races 3 nights a week, is an A+/S driver, but doesn’t have time to grind millions of credits....are they not worthy of gaining access to these “rare” “trophy cars”, because they havent put enough of the right kind of “hard work” into the game?

Not saying you feel one way or another about my questions here, I’m just sort of asking them to the entire thread here.

Last edited:
alp
Cars with H-pattern manual gearboxes seem to have shorter (faster) gear change times. It doesn't seem like it takes forever to up-shift. Did anybody else notice this too or it's just me since i haven't played with the TH8A for a long time.

And why is it that the new nostalgic premium race doesn't allow us to race with some of the pre '79 cars that are actually allowed as opponents? GT 40 Mk 1, Ford Mustang Mach 1 are some of them.
I know the Mini shifts quick enough for me. Haven't tried the Beat or any other car since the update. Too much fun in the Cooper S. :)

This is what I find most anoying. Why cant they not just make a system where we can earn credits without doing boring races vs. slow AI cars...

Every Car worth over 2,000,000 credits should have an Event that you Need to GOLD to win the car..
Make every car obtainable by winning an Event. Then there would be Incentive to do all the events.

If you really want progression,
the Car you Win In Event one, is the Only one you can Use in Event two, and So on...
So you have to Progress through the events, one by one, to get all the cars..

I don't like the Idea, I'd rather just have Open Events, where you can choose a qualified car, and when you Win Gold, you get the Prize Car.

plus I still like the Idea, if you want to BUY credits on-line, sell them for a Reasonably Cost.
I had Suggested $19.99 for 20,000,000

I miss that aspect of GT and with the carousel, you could have the excitement of GT5's tiered gift car tickets. I loved those. Praying for a level 21 ticket to produce the 2J.:lol:

I miss that aspect of GT and with the carousel, you could have the excitement of GT5's tiered gift car tickets. I loved those. Praying for a level 21 ticket to produce the 2J.:lol:
I find it more like GT3 when you had a chance to win the FGT, the one thing i don't get is why you don't win a car after completing an event in GT league? if you did it may give people more incentive to actually play it rather than use only certain events to grind money to get cars

I can understand that point of view aswell, but since i make videos based more on the visual side of things i'll probably always be biased more towards looks than sounds but at least we don't have the vacuum cleaner jokes being thrown at us now so i guess that's a plus :cheers:

Last edited:
“Hardly Unattainable” is extremely relative.

Each person has different priorities in the game, and different schedules.

How many Blue Moon races in a KTM does it take to earn 20mil? If a person has limited play time in a week, they have to make a choice - do I want to do sport mode, or online lobbies, or work on a livery, or work on a tune....or do I want to grind Blue Moon for credits? Keep in mind, majority of players who play GT know that those 20mil cars are useless outside of showing off in cruise lobbies. No one races them, if they’re in sport mode we’ll be given them for free....so what’s the incentive to actually get one, other than to say you have it?

Furthermore, once you get any of these 20mil cars, the default tune on them is complete junk, comes with the typical 60/90 damper setup (how generic can PD get???), so it’s not even anywhere close to a representation of what driving the real thing would be like. So you grind for X amount of hours to get nothing more than a 20mil skin that you can show off in a lobby (look how gud at teh game I are!!).

I grind 50+ hours a week, at my day job, so that when I get home, I can enjoy some virtual driving/racing, not so I can spend another X hours grinding for something that I payed money for.

Like I said before, if I want to drive a Mark IV GT40, or a Jag XJ220, or a Ferrari GTO, or a Ferrari 512, or a Porsche 917k, just to go for some hot laps to experience the car, I can do it right now in PCARS, with zero grinding - and it’ll be a more authentic experience on better circuits. Furthermore, I’ve put some effort into my life so that I don’t work for pennies per hour - meaning that the time it takes me to “grind the credits” in real life to buy PCARS along with GTS is a fraction of the time it would take for to grind the credits in GTS to be able to experience PD’s half arsed interpretation of a classic Le Mans car.

There’s no proper career in GTS, but at the same time certain cars are locked behind grind walls. It makes absolutely no sense as a game structure other than being beyond lazy at coming up with a format different from what we’ve seen over the last 15 years.

Even for someone who bought the game for sport mode to have to grind credits to be able to buy all the GT3 and GT4 cars that they’d like to use for online competition, it’s a complete waste of that person’s time.

Also just something else to keep in mind, and this is just my personal account, I just got the game a month ago. So, between getting up to speed in sport mode, completing campaign mode, sinking my teeth into the livery editor, photo mode, building my stable of highway cars with complete tunes, and enjoying online lobbies...when do I have time to grind close to 100 million credits to be able to afford the expensive cars? And what’s my motivation for doing so, other than to say, “look what I got”?

You clearly have not played previous gt games.
Buying cars has Always been a thing. Same goes with forza. That keeps the game more alive. If you would be giving everything then there would be no reason to do career mode and stuff and that would become boring in My opinion. Pcars dosent have upgrades either for road cars like gt sport or fm7

Having been there, I'd say that the GT version is pretty damn near accurate. That hill is deceptively steep, something you can't see on TV cameras very well.

You clearly have not played previous gt games.
Buying cars has Always been a thing. Same goes with forza. That keeps the game more alive. If you would be giving everything then there would be no reason to do career mode and stuff and that would become boring in My opinion. Pcars dosent have upgrades either for road cars like gt sport or fm7
I clearly have not played previous GT games?? Oh. Ok then. Please, tell me more to bring me up to speed on the games I’ve played. Way to start the conversation with a completely rediculous assumption :lol: This should be good :)

Repeatedly doing the same race over and over to earn credits “keeps the game alive” for you? Driving and tuning the cars doesn’t do it? Mastering a circuit? Creating a work of art with the livery editor? Becoming the highest rank you possibly can in sport mode? None of those things keep the game alive for you, it’s the endless grind, the carrot on a stick to earn credits. M’kay then. I’m glad you enjoy that, but there’s a number of people who don’t.

There’s already no reason to do career mode, it’s garbage. It’s not a career mode at all. The only reason to do it is to grind credits and learn bad racing habits against the AI.

I bought my first copy of the original Gran Turismo the day it released. I’ve played every edition of the game since (minus the portable ones). No previous GT game was as grind oriented as GTS is, and regardless whether they were or not, that’s a terrible attempt to justify locking certain cars behind a time-sink/grind wall.

Maybe you’ll have a go at answering my questions. Since you support the idea of certain cars being locked behind a grind wall, would you also support the idea of certain cars being locked behind skill walls and/or pay walls.
- Ferrari GTO only available in the PlayStation store.
- all Gr1 and VGT cars available only to A/S drivers.
- W08 available only to those who place Top 10 in weekly Time Trials.

If you support trophy cars being locked behind grind walls, surely you’d support trophy cars being locked behind skill walls and pay walls (another way to interpret “pay wall” is “showing support to the developer”)

I clearly have not played previous GT games?? Oh. Ok then. Please, tell me more to bring me up to speed on the games I’ve played. Way to start the conversation with a completely rediculous assumption :lol: This should be good :)

Repeatedly doing the same race over and over to earn credits “keeps the game alive” for you? Driving and tuning the cars doesn’t do it? Mastering a circuit? Creating a work of art with the livery editor? Becoming the highest rank you possibly can in sport mode? None of those things keep the game alive for you, it’s the endless grind, the carrot on a stick to earn credits. M’kay then. I’m glad you enjoy that, but there’s a number of people who don’t.

There’s already no reason to do career mode, it’s garbage. It’s not a career mode at all. The only reason to do it is to grind credits and learn bad racing habits against the AI.

I bought my first copy of the original Gran Turismo the day it released. I’ve played every edition of the game since (minus the portable ones). No previous GT game was as grind oriented as GTS is, and regardless whether they were or not, that’s a terrible attempt to justify locking certain cars behind a time-sink/grind wall.

Maybe you’ll have a go at answering my questions. Since you support the idea of certain cars being locked behind a grind wall, would you also support the idea of certain cars being locked behind skill walls and/or pay walls.
- Ferrari GTO only available in the PlayStation store.
- all Gr1 and VGT cars available only to A/S drivers.
- W08 available only to those who place Top 10 in weekly Time Trials.

If you support trophy cars being locked behind grind walls, surely you’d support trophy cars being locked behind skill walls and pay walls (another way to interpret “pay wall” is “showing support to the developer”)
You can buy Any car inte game if you have the credits. I agree about the career mode not being as good as it use to be. You should be able to win cars there just like before in previous titles. They should do events with the expensive cars like seasonal events like gt6. Grinding for those expensive cars is possible but takes a lot time and its pretty boring grinding blue moon bay. I will just Wait to win them in daily rewards. I don't play in sport mode at all. Most custom races and sometimes in career mode.

I never complained here about Sport mode after the update but seriously ..... WTF!

Im going full speed on a long straight, not changing lanes, the guy next to me keeps hitting me from the side obviously want me to go off track. Every time he hit me while going straight "I" get orange SR! I got it 3 times in just that one strech.

Im going full speed in a corner, im neither breaking to try and get someone to crash into me nor is anyone beside me for me to knock off...im just going full on and I guess the guy behind is faster than me in corners. He hits me from behind, i stay on track but "I" get the orange SR....

I take over a guy in a corner,we dont even touch, I get the orange SR.... all this in a single race (dragontail) .... serious WTF

Pit Lane Glitch Video

It was a good earner, I bought many cars I wanted plus a small stock-pile of Venenos & Vulcans to sell when necessary. :lol:

Is this actually still working? I know after they "fixed" it, it still worked in a way that you had to reverse straight on the outside curb and have a special suspension/tire setup to increase the turning radius, so the car gets back on track rather the pits and then you still got into the final lap. But I stopped after reaching level 50 and sold all Venenos for newly added cars and the 20M Jaguar and Miura. Still got some Vulcans stored, but far too little for two 20M Ferarris, 20M Ford and 15M Shelby.

Is this actually still working?
NO.

I think you can still do the maneuver with the right tuning on the car, but when it turns out of pit lane it does not put you on the final lap as before and just continues the race as if you did nothing.

Since when do we get Cr. for selling our cars?! :eek:

Right there with you mate.Opened up my PRE -OWNED car lot as well . Also been going around in circles to earn credits .I'm possessed in getting that car :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but no. MINI (Note uppercase spelling since BMW ownership and not 'Mini' as part of Austin/Morris/BL/Rover etc) identifies more as a BMW 'sub-brand' rather than a manufacturer in it's own right, similar to how Smart is Mercedes' 'fun' brand and up until recently only really offered a small range of products that didn't compete with the main brand.

RR, Bentley, Lambo... etc, whilst brands under the VAG umbrella, still have bases and majority of manufacture based in their respective original countries and offer a wider range of products that compete with each other.

I don't think that's the case at all. As TonyJZX says, they're going out of their way to sell the "Britishness" of the car - look at those wanky tail lights! They're also made in Cowley in Oxford, which is pretty English as far as I can tell. It's never been pushed as part of the BMW brand because that, for a long time, was sold on its 'Ultimate Driving Machine', rear-wheel drive nature, and Minis have always been front-wheel-drive.

Minis are certainly marketed as being just as British as Bentley and Rolls Royce are, and as much as SEAT is Spanish, Skoda is Czech and as Lamborghini is Italian, regardless of whether we know they're all essentially German now.

ETA: They're even putting a light-up Union flag on the dashboard! Not very Germanic...

p90289504-a.jpg

Back