GT SPORT AUGUST UPDATE1.25

• Thread starter Sven4057
  • 698 comments
The vintage cup race at La Sarthe is going to be a popular grinding race...less than 8 minutes, 160,000 credits, easy to win, easy clean race bonus (+80,000), and a lot more fun than Blue Moon Bay. Two clean races in 16 minutes pay more the 1hr GR. 3 endurance series

Thank you very much for recommending this. I tried the La Sarthe race several times using the XJ-13 with varying power levels. I was able to win the race at 90% power, some suspension tuning and RH tires. It was so enjoyable I did it 3 more times. Under 8 minutes per race. Made some good money. I had so much fun that I did the St. Croix B race as well. It's a few minutes longer but not much. That was also very enjoyable. The track seems tobe suited for the cars of that era. Have not tried Monza but I am looking forward to it.

A great way to break up the monotony of BMB grinding. If you're a driver who loves the classics and are fortunate enough to have one of the necessary cars then I highly recommend it.

Thanks again @hznbrq

Last edited:
I don't think that's the case at all. As TonyJZX says, they're going out of their way to sell the "Britishness" of the car - look at those wanky tail lights! They're also made in Cowley in Oxford, which is pretty English as far as I can tell. It's never been pushed as part of the BMW brand because that, for a long time, was sold on its 'Ultimate Driving Machine', rear-wheel drive nature, and Minis have always been front-wheel-drive.

Minis are certainly marketed as being just as British as Bentley and Rolls Royce are, and as much as SEAT is Spanish, Skoda is Czech and as Lamborghini is Italian, regardless of whether we know they're all essentially German now.

ETA: They're even putting a light-up Union flag on the dashboard! Not very Germanic...

View attachment 762790
The recent play on being British is a fairly recent thing. Aside from a few Union Jacks on the roof, they've hardly played on the british aspect before.

I didn't say it was being pushed as part of BMW, I said it was being pushed as a sub-brand (Think Sprite to Coca-Cola) The fact that MINI dealerships are always annexed off BMW dealerships is testament to that (you rarely see all the VAG dealers on the same plot) plus few people even know that Seats, VW's, Skodas are all related, yet more people seem to know that MINI is part of BMW.

Not sure why 60's Mini is German.

Wonder what rules PD use for consistancy since Infiniti is owned Nissan but listed under USA.
Infiniti is a brand that was introduced to the US market before it went on sale anywhere else. If Acura were in the game, it'd be US as well.

Still doesn't answer, or correlate why Mini is German though.

Manufacturer nationality perception is an interesting one.

I can see justification either way in the case of the Mini to be honest. BMC became part of British Leyland which effectively has become BMW (UK) Holdings Limited - which also effectively owns BLMC Limited. BMW (UK) Holdings is a 100% owned subsidiary of BMW Holding BV, which is a 100% owned subsidiary of BMW AG. BMW clearly own the rights to Mini's history, but I wonder if somewhere along the line the rights to the BMC name / logo rights went elsewhere... (I'm no expert on such things), but the BMC logo rights appear to be owned by British Motor Heritage (previously, BL Heritage Limited, previously Leyland Historic Vehicles limited).... so perhaps there's a conflict of licensing interests?

Granted, that wouldn't stop PD listing it as a British car.... but if it's got to be associated with a manufacturer, it's going to MINI, which is understandably a classed as German company.

Just watched a demo of a Challenger at Le Mans. It was among a variety of MR & FR cars. Even had the Amuse S2K in the "race".

Tried replicate that in Custom Race and Single Race. The races included awd cars. Just wondering if PD will have future events with RWD cars only. At the moment, there are only separate FR, AWD, MR races. The Clubman Cup didn't give the desired grid either. Might be something else coming in a future update.

I just tried to do the circuit experience at St Croix, and the lighting is completely messed up. It’s insanely bright, to the point that almost everything is just white. Anyone else had this happen? For reference, I checked circuit experience at other circuits, and all of them were fine. At St Croix, everything is too bright to see anything, regardless of which cardinal direction you are facing.

I just tried to do the circuit experience at St Croix, and the lighting is completely messed up. It’s insanely bright, to the point that almost everything is just white. Anyone else had this happen? For reference, I checked circuit experience at other circuits, and all of them were fine. At St Croix, everything is too bright to see anything, regardless of which cardinal direction you are facing.
No better way to get good at a track than to learn to drive it in completely blinding holy light, after that you'll never make a mistake

Yeah in cockpit cam could barely see a thing

I did it earlier today using bumper cam and had no lighting issues at all.

The recent play on being British is a fairly recent thing. Aside from a few Union Jacks on the roof, they've hardly played on the british aspect before.

I didn't say it was being pushed as part of BMW, I said it was being pushed as a sub-brand (Think Sprite to Coca-Cola) The fact that MINI dealerships are always annexed off BMW dealerships is testament to that (you rarely see all the VAG dealers on the same plot) plus few people even know that Seats, VW's, Skodas are all related, yet more people seem to know that MINI is part of BMW.

As someone who bought a MINI Cooper S in 2004, I can say this is not true. The early marketing for the BMW MINI (at least in the USA) was very much about using British-isms like "bonnet" and "motoring", terms largely unfamiliar to Americans. They played the original Italian Job in dealerships. And they had the Union Jack roof decal available from day 1. Most people I interacted with in those early years had no idea that BMW made the MINI.

I'm perplexed at why there's still no BMW-made MINI in the game though, aside from the VGT. Though if they did put one in the game it'd be the boring BMW engine instead of the original. BMW really screwed it up after designer Frank Stephenson left the company.

Speaking of Stephenson, I was expecting the Abarth Fiat 500 to be a bit peppier than it is. Is that performance true-to-life?

I did it earlier today using bumper cam and had no lighting issues at all.
Seems to only be a major issue with cockpit view. I guess I’ll bang it off with bumper view :yuck: talk about ruining the experience of the circuit :lol:

Last edited:
It's interesting that the Circuit Experience for Sainte Croix only uses one of the layouts, there's a lot of track that doesn't get included.

Actually, now looking at the CE list, it's very surprising that there's no Blue Moon Infield course in there - that's a completely different track from it's oval counterpart, especially A.

Agreed. The A/B/C layouts are very different and it would be nice to get tutorials for each (as well as the extra $$$).

Matter of fact, PD could have extended the Circuit Experience section massively by including all variants of every track + forward/reverse. But I guess that would make the grind for the 20 million cars too easy :rolleyes:

I tried the Nostalgic 1979 GT League event from this update...

Maybe I just suck but the 250 GTO isn't really the best option for it even with power sliders set to max (~440hp) and weight reduced as far as possible (~800kg) and Racing Softs equipped.

You might have a bit more luck with the Shelby Cobra (which really should've been 4.5mil) and the Ford Mk4 and Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4 (the top AI at Monza used that car and I struggled to catch up with them).

Let me know if you lot have had any luck (or misfortune) with this event.

I think PD likes to exaggerate some elevation changes. The hills on Conrod Straight at Bathurst seem way too steep compared to the nearly 100s of hours of racing I’ve watched there. Even some of the elevation changes on the Nordschlief feel exaggerated compared to previous games, other games, and real life onboard laps.
In regards to Mt. Panorama, it is often said that TV does not give justice to just the massive elevation changes around the circuit. Having driven around the circuit and been a passenger a few more times, I can attest to the accuracy of the track. You pretty much have to ride the brakes all the way down the hills on Conroe Straight just to stick to the 50kmh speed limit.

As someone who bought a MINI Cooper S in 2004, I can say this is not true. The early marketing for the BMW MINI (at least in the USA) was very much about using British-isms like "bonnet" and "motoring", terms largely unfamiliar to Americans. They played the original Italian Job in dealerships. And they had the Union Jack roof decal available from day 1. Most people I interacted with in those early years had no idea that BMW made the MINI.

I'm perplexed at why there's still no BMW-made MINI in the game though, aside from the VGT. Though if they did put one in the game it'd be the boring BMW engine instead of the original. BMW really screwed it up after designer Frank Stephenson left the company.

Speaking of Stephenson, I was expecting the Abarth Fiat 500 to be a bit peppier than it is. Is that performance true-to-life?
That's the US side of things. I read that the Union Jack tail lights were designed mainly for the US market because buyers over there tend to be Anglophiles (if they sold Renaults over there they'd incorporate Eifle Towers in the lights for the same effect). The main US target market think MINIs are twee, and are the same folk that think us Brits all live in thatched cottages and eat fish and chips whilst going to work on bowler hats.

Thank you very much for recommending this. I tried the La Sarthe race several times using the XJ-13 with varying power levels. I was able to win the race at 90% power, some suspension tuning and RH tires. It was so enjoyable I did it 3 more times. Under 8 minutes per race. Made some good money. I had so much fun that I did the St. Croix B race as well. It's a few minutes longer but not much. That was also very enjoyable. The track seems tobe suited for the cars of that era. Have not tried Monza but I am looking forward to it.

A great way to break up the monotony of BMB grinding. If you're a driver who loves the classics and are fortunate enough to have one of the necessary cars then I highly recommend it.

Thanks again @hznbrq
I will try when i return next week.
I have the Jag and Ferrari sitting there so it should be fun.

I am somewhat glad i don't have to race against a Toyota 70 or Chaparral 2J...yet

Just wanted to add to this that the engines are french and the gearbox in some models are japanese... it's actually a Frankenstein (little parts from other cars), like Vauxhall/Opel/Saab

After some hesitation i've bought the Abarth 1500 biposto with his 1.000.000 credits value.
Those are the best waste of credits till now. The car stock have almost a perfect balance , a bit too safe , but easy to let very agressive with some littles tweaks. It will be for sure a top N200 car , in the pace of the Toyota SFR '15 just this :scared:, great driving pleasure and of course a wonderfull clean open cockpit view. Good investment !!
b32173249f00db3f6608860e36bbe98f.jpg

I will try when i return next week.
I have the Jag and Ferrari sitting there so it should be fun.

I am somewhat glad i don't have to race against a Toyota 70 or Chaparral 2J...yet
Mona is not as enjoyable. It's tighter confines made me a little nervous about the AI. I won the race but it was still a little nerve racking through the lesmos and ascari when I would come up on the AI. The other two races were great. Enjoy.

If it's not the EsseEsse version it's only about 140hp and not the lightest body considering the size.

It was a very common thing on PS3.

Latest Posts

Back