GT Sport have over 5 million players

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 658 comments
Well, it's a strong brand on the store shelves. I'd rather read about how many players there have been over the last three months.

On a game-by-game basis perhaps. But on a yearly basis it's pretty damned close, especially with the success of FH3.
Always bending the goal posts . P cars and Forza are multiplat. Forz a Horizon 3 is on PC.. Still can't outsell GT . Yet every one says GT is a flop . Considering Forza is Microsoft's flagship title this gen and GT isn'T .

Also , the multiple account theory is a huge assumption .

Always bending the goal posts . P cars and Forza are multiplat. Forz a Horizon 3 is on PC.. Still can't outsell GT . Yet every one says GT is a flop . Considering Forza is Microsoft's flagship title this gen and GT isn'T .

Not really. Title for title GT stomps the other 2. But you need to look at the big picture. GT6 released in 2013 while GTS didn't come out until 2017. That's 3 years where they didn't release a single thing that made them money. During that same time SMS released 2 titles while T10/PG released 3.

It's pretty much the same way Justice League can be called a flop for barely making any money while a horror movie that makes $10million is a success. Bigger projects with bigger budgets are expected to have a higher return on investment. Considering how Sony's other title's are doing, I'm not so sure GTS can be called a success just yet.

Also , the multiple account theory is a huge assumption .

Again, not really. Or do you think people with roommates, family members, regular visitors etc. buy individual copies for every person that wants their own save?

Not really. Title for title GT stomps the other 2. But you need to look at the big picture. GT6 released in 2013 while GTS didn't come out until 2017. That's 3 years where they didn't release a single thing that made them money. During that same time SMS released 2 titles while T10/PG released 3.

It's pretty much the same way Justice League can be called a flop for barely making any money while a horror movie that makes $10million is a success. Bigger projects with bigger budgets are expected to have a higher return on investment. Considering how Sony's other title's are doing, I'm not so sure GTS can be called a success just yet.

Again, not really. Or do you think people with roommates, family members, regular visitors etc. buy individual copies for every person that wants their own save?
Mate I had to study logic just to pass my LSAT exam . That's a huge assumption that holds little water . Some people do do that 100% , but 1.5+ million doing it is a stretch . I let people play on my ps4 , on my account , we don't swap the accounts , thus I already proved not every one does it . You are making a fallacy by trying to determine a hard number off a theoretical scenario . For All you know only 10 people do what you do( have multiple accounts ) . It COULD be true , but it could also be true they do what I do . Assuming any quantity is an invalid argument. Heck I could eliminate your theory by saying thoes are all second hand copies.

On a game-by-game basis perhaps. But on a yearly basis it's pretty damned close, especially with the success of FH3.
It's not even close dude, Forza has never sniffed GT in sales let alone Project Cars. Reviews and what not can be subjective and we all have opinions but in terms of sales, Gran Turismo demolishes Forza and Project Cars.

It's not even close dude, Forza has never sniffed GT in sales let alone Project Cars. Reviews and what not can be subjective and we all have opinions but in terms of sales, Gran Turismo demolishes Forza and Project Cars.

Over the entire history sure. But in the last 3 year time span it's not so easy, Horizon 3 alone makes it a close battle for 3 year total sales. If you can't understand that after me explaining it 3 bloody times now I'm afraid I can't help you.

Because it's GT. They could release a glorified demo and it'd outsell most games. Oh wait, they already did, and the last 2 GT titles still haven't surpassed it.

The problem with you guys bragging about how GT smashes other titles in sales fail to realize those sales numbers are disappointing for the franchise itself. If Forza or PC releases a title that sets a sales record for that franchise, that's going to be an upside from them. GT however, went from a franchise that consistently moved 10,000,000+ copies for each game until GT6 dropped and the sales literally dropped in half. GT Sport sales are reportedly at 3.3 million, behind the PSP title.

GTS haters are similar to church choir members who tell children that Sunday school is no fun. Who does that? Hate on haters:dunce:
If there is anyone similar to a church member, it's you and the other 2 known GT diehards who put on blinders when proven wrong.

Can I say GT say might out sell the Need for speed whole franchise. :lol:
Not even close.
The Need for Speed franchise has sold more than 150 million copies since it first launched in 1994. The newest entry, Need for Speed Rivals, is already receiving praise from press worldwide, winning 15 awards including Best Racing Game of E3 2013 from the Game Critics Awards. Need for Speed Rivals glorifies the street's ultimate rivalry, allowing gamers to choose their driver's seat between cops and racers. Each side of the law will have its own set of distinct cars, tech, high-stakes challenges and rewards. Set in a stunning world powered by the advanced Frostbite™ 3 engine, Need for Speed Rivals also introduces the revolutionary AllDrive system that destroys the line between single player, co-op and multiplayer, seamlessly connecting gamers to their friend's racing world.
That's 150 million sales in 19 years as this release is from 2013. Polyphony is just over 80 million in 21 years.

The irony in your post is that Gran Turismo is headed down the same road Need For Speed went, a shell of its former self on the sales chart.

Not even close.

That's 150 million sales in 19 years as this release is from 2013. Polyphony is just over 80 million in 21 years.

The irony in your post is that Gran Turismo is headed down the same road Need For Speed went, a shell of its former self on the sales chart.
Shell or not If people still comeback buy this game that mean people still give chance to the game and might like the game. You can't predict what the next game be like. People will have different tastes certain thing. If the franchise most hate and not like. It shouldn't sell that well or get enough over 5 million players to play the game after only release 9 month with bad review. It up to consumer they like the game or not. :sly:

Where on gods green earth did you get that number from? :confused:

And you complain about me moving goal posts! :lol:

Using the latest sales figures 3.5 million .
1.5 + 3.5 = 5 million
Your assuming that people have multiple accounts , so at least 1.5 million must have multiple accounts ..

Shell or not If people still comeback buy this game that mean people still give chance to the game and might like the game. You can't predict what the next game be like. People will have different tastes certain thing. If the franchise most hate and not like. It shouldn't sell that well or get enough over 5 million players to play the game after only release 9 month with bad review. It up to consumer they like the game or not. :sly:
None of which has to do with your previous post theorizing an outcome that will likely never happen, esp. based on the recent GT sales.

It would likely take another 20-30 years for GT to surpass Need For Speed, and that's EA burying NFS right now.

Your assuming that people have multiple accounts , so at least 1.5 million must have multiple accounts ..

You're the one doing the assuming and doing a very good job proving the axiom right.

What my initial post said was...

I'm sure lots of people also have secondary accounts they use on occasion for various purposes. If they ever fired up GTS on that account it's considered a completely different person. Those probably boost the numbers quite a bit as well.

Nowhere did I post any numbers, I just said they boost the numbers quite a bit. Which is a fair enough statement since I highly doubt the sales of new copies suddenly picked up to cover 1.5 million accounts, so those accounts had to of either come from second hand copies or alternate accounts.

If you want to continue this debate, I kindly request that you stick to things I actually said. Otherwise you're simply not worth my time.

Last edited:
Gameplay is amazing but ai is terrible, ı m 5 second faster than all ai per lap :/ this game isnt a single player game it s pure online experience .

None of which has to do with your previous post theorizing an outcome that will likely never happen, esp. based on the recent GT sales.

It would likely take another 20-30 years for GT to surpass Need For Speed, and that's EA burying NFS right now.
I still believe it could, As long PD offers content to attract people buy the game. Plus you call the game shell former self. I answer why doesn't matter it shell or not. The game will sell regardless what they offer. :sly:

Using the latest sales figures 3.5 million .
1.5 + 3.5 = 5 million
Gamers barely play GT, so what s the point to have multi profile if they don't play ? Based on trophy stat
Only guys Who play a lot can assume to have multi profile so it must be not over 500k ( still to high for drivers who play seriously at this game)

Wow! When you look at the stats a lot of people wasted their money.

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=distance_driven

Less than 50% of those that bought the game have driven more than an average of 259km. I would consider myself to be disappointed with the game and not having driven it much but I've still racked up 9000 km. That's astonishing when you think about it. It's almost like they bought it on the name but then quickly moved on. And weekly active players is around 100,000. And a staggering 76% of players have not done a single Sport Mode race. Only 8% have done more than 10 Sport Mode races.
This is a common thing with games,most people don't finish single player games and same goes for multiplayer here's an example:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n32450/exclusive-stats-show-how-rarely-game-campaigns-are-played

"What's maybe more surprising is these numbers spanning many multiplayer-centric games are not so different from games that are single player-only titles. Some series, like Batman Arkham have not surpassed an average of 50% save for the very first game (58.14%). The most recent entry, Batman: Arkham Knight, shows a Call of Duty-like 28.77% SPA. Similarly, the Dead Space series has never eclipsed 42% and across the whole BioShock series, only the original had a SPA of more than 38%. These are mostly linear games with few distractions. More than half the players are starting them and then stopping short of playing them to completion. Across the entire landscape, numbers like these are seen consistently, so much so that it becomes redundant to list them all."

I still believe it could, As long PD offers content to attract people buy the game. Plus you call the game shell former self. I answer why doesn't matter it shell or not. The game will sell regardless what they offer. :sly:
Yeah, I'll bet EA thought the same thing about NFS, "Psh, it'll sell regardless of what we put out. Top 10 All-Time for a game franchise in sales". How's that working out these days?

The point is, it's nothing like what it used to be in the 90's/early 2000's. Gran Turismo is going down the same path; its days of smashing sales records effortlessly are gone and the franchise has gone from 11.95 million to 5.22 million to 3.3-3.5 million in 8 years between just 3 titles.

Well if they stick to updating the cars & tracks they could keep 5 million players, but if they keep playing around with the algorithms the way they do, this roller coaster going to crash, Imagen F1 championship with an update every month, soon no one will bother watching.. take note, PD.. soon no one will be playing.

Yeah, I'll bet EA thought the same thing about NFS, "Psh, it'll sell regardless of what we put out. Top 10 All-Time for a game franchise in sales". How's that working out these days?

The point is, it's nothing like what it used to be in the 90's/early 2000's. Gran Turismo is going down the same path; its days of smashing sales records effortlessly are gone and the franchise has gone from 11.95 million to 5.22 million to 3.3-3.5 million in 8 years between just 3 titles.
Will look like the game already going pass 3.5 million after month of with there plan support. Look like will going out sell GT6 in one year. While it take GT6 take 3 year. It like bounce back after 6. How going down hill ? :embarrassed:

Gameplay is amazing but ai is terrible, ı m 5 second faster than all ai per lap :/ this game isnt a single player game it s pure online experience .
AI in mission races and a custom race is pretty fast. You have to turn on the BOP in custom race, if not you are running an unbalanced field

Once you get your first win in Sport mode it becomes quite addictive. I punched the air when I won my first :lol:

Wishful thinking, I have absolutely no chance of getting a win. Ever.

I’m pleased for Sony/PD for these sales/players figures, but I must really have poor taste since my favorite game was their worst selling and least popular of all time.

Wishful thinking, I have absolutely no chance of getting a win. Ever.

I’m pleased for Sony/PD for these sales/players figures, but I must really have poor taste since my favorite game was their worst selling and least popular of all time.

Never say never, practice makes perfect after all. GT6 you mean?

Back