GT Sport have over 5 million players

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 658 comments
If no one wants to believe Kudosprime, then here’s another source with more precise stats:

https://www.jasonguernsey.net/gts/drivers-by/race-count

Over 80% of players have not done a single Sport mode race and numbers just speak for themselves from there.

These stats lean toward players going for the ‘100 Sport Races Completed’ achievement. The numbers drop dramatically over 100.

Personally, I cannot fathom doing any more than 100 Sport races. I have 7 and maybe I’ll do a handful more before this goes offline.?

I say prove it. A tweet saying 5 million players is no proof at all and goes to show you people will believe just about anything someone says with no proof of that statement. Taking someone's word for it just doesn't cut it.
You call us haters and I'd say your as gullible as they come.

Others are posting actual numbers to back up there facts and not believing those numbers based on someone's dumb tweet with no substance to it.

Look it it this way if GTS sales numbers are 3.3 million and if the game was just a dollar a copy that's only 3.3 million players. So please Enlighten us on how you get 5 million players when every number posted about GTS says it's no where close that.

Really show us some proof.

Bruh, chill.

How exactly would they prove it anyway?

I say prove it. A tweet saying 5 million players is no proof at all and goes to show you people will believe just about anything someone says with no proof of that statement. Taking someone's word for it just doesn't cut it.

Others are posting actual numbers to back up there facts and not believing those numbers based on someone's dumb tweet with no substance to it.

Look it it this way if GTS sales numbers are 3.3 million and if the game was just a dollar a copy that's only 3.3 million players. So please Enlighten us on how you get 5 million players when every number posted about GTS says it's no where close that.

Well it’s an official account so it’s more legitimate than anyone here speculating. I’d say people here have more to prove.

Bruh, chill.

How exactly would they prove it anyway?

I don't know but if someone claims those numbers are true then they must have some kind of proof to back it up.

If not then we can only go by what numbers we do have and those suggest it's nowhere near 5 million.

Look I'm not a hater and I've played GTS for 198 days straight now but it's so irritating when people start acting like they were right about something and calling people haters when they have nothing to back up their claim other than a tweet just saying that's what it is.

You do realize that a 5 person family can create 5 GTS profiles off of only 1 copy of the game, right?

Is this where 1.7 million player profiles are coming from? Maybe not. But lots of people are creating different profiles for different regions as well.

The numbers are sound in my opinion.

They deleted the tweet
adfz.png

You do realize that a 5 person family can create 5 GTS profiles off of only 1 copy of the game, right?

Is this where 1.7 million player profiles are coming from? Maybe not. But lots of people are creating different profiles for different regions as well.

The numbers are sound in my opinion.

I also know the FIA events says that's multiple accounts are against the rules.

it's so irritating when people start acting like they were right about something and calling people haters when they have nothing to back up their claim other than a tweet just saying that's what it is.

I know you're not a hater, but it's from the official GT account. You're responding as if a random person has made this claim.

Why kind of proof would you like? The names of all PSN accounts that have booted up GTS?

I'm sorry, but I don't know how you would like PD to prove this claim.

These stats lean toward players going for the ‘100 Sport Races Completed’ achievement. The numbers drop dramatically over 100.

Personally, I cannot fathom doing any more than 100 Sport races. I have 7 and maybe I’ll do a handful more before this goes offline.?

Once you get your first win in Sport mode it becomes quite addictive. I punched the air when I won my first :lol:

"A lot" is a relative term. None of us can really comment on how well GTS is actually doing since we have no clue how big of a budget it had nor do we know what Sony set as a sales target. Not to mention the only sales stats we seem to have are for the UK and even then we don't get solid numbers.

However what we can do is roughly compare GTS to other Sony first party titles using estimated sales numbers and in that aspect it's not looking so good. As of May GTS is estimated to have sold 3.3 million copies which may seem great, until you look at the other titles. God of War is a certified monster and has passed GTS in less than a month, Horizon Zero Dawn reached 7.6 million around it's anniversary and the last Uncharted was at 8.7 million at the start of 2017.

Considering how long GTS took and the likely timeframe of the next one being similar, I'm not so sure 3.3 million is as big of a sales number for a well-established first party title.

I'm sure lots of people also have secondary accounts they use on occasion for various purposes. If they ever fired up GTS on that account it's considered a completely different person. Those probably boost the numbers quite a bit as well.
Sales really mean nothing. It’s all about ARPU.

I know you're not a hater, but it's from the official GT account. You're responding as if a random person has made this claim.

Why kind of proof would you like? The names of all PSN accounts that have booted up GTS?

I'm sorry, but I don't know how you would like PD to prove this claim.

Most should know the sudden spike in new users signed up for the FIA events is mostly made up of people creating multiple accounts. While there will be some actual new users the majority of this over 1 million or so new people are currently users making more than one account.

Unless your in that 1% who are actually good enough to get into the prize then the chance of them doing anything to you for breaking the rules is slim to none. That's even more apparent now that the official account is bragging about all users signed up for the FIA knowing full well there are many multiple accounts.

It really doesn't matter how or what they would do to prove those numbers because they never had any plans on giving out that Information to begin with.

Posting 5 million users signed up for the FIA looks good on them from a business standpoint. Posting that well over a million or so of those users break the user agreement does not.

Most should know the sudden spike in new users signed up for the FIA events is mostly made up of people creating multiple accounts. While there will be some actual new users the majority of this over 1 million or so new people are currently users making more than one account.

Unless your in that 1% who are actually good enough to get into the prize then the chance of them doing anything to you for breaking the rules is slim to none. That's even more apparent now that the official account is bragging about all users signed up for the FIA knowing full well there are many multiple accounts.

It really doesn't matter how or what they would do to prove those numbers because they never had any plans on giving out that Information to begin with.

Posting 5 million users signed up for the FIA looks good on them from a business standpoint. Posting that well over a million or so of those users break the user agreement does not.

Once again, to make assumptions based on the direction ones belief. Now where's the 'proof' of a million or so that broke the user agreement?

People discussing sales and bashing GT Sport, yet it trounced Forza and Project Cars in sales combined.

On a game-by-game basis perhaps. But on a yearly basis it's pretty damned close, especially with the success of FH3.

Once again, to make assumptions based on the direction ones belief. Now where's the 'proof' of a million or so that broke the user agreement?

That's correct one million or so is just an assumption but gets the point across.
The direction of ones belief? I suggested if you have time to read through the threads here on GTP and the many post of people openly admitting to creating multiple accounts for tha FIA and that's just on this site.

In the end you a free to believe whatever you want.

even if you believe a bunch of fallacies...

right you know... from the great words of my good friend SCAFF, thats when 'Deluded Fantasists' are created.

Last edited:

You're calling on PD to give off proof of 5 million accounts, yet you're suggesting that 20% of the user base is through secondary accounts? Where is your proof on that?

Come on now... You're being ludicrous.

That's because ARPU isn't limited to microtransactions or paid subscribers.

So, no explanation then. About what I expected.

Anyway, you stated that "sales mean nothing." (in terms units sold) And I'm here to tell you, in regards to a product such as GTS which has zero recurring revenue (a fundamental basis of ARPU) that units sold is literally the most important thing.

I never went so far as to say that ARPU and subscriptions are mutually exclusive, but the logic of your original statement was laughable frankly.

So, no explanation then. About what I expected.

Anyway, you stated that "sales mean nothing." (in terms units sold) And I'm here to tell you, in regards to a product such as GTS which has zero recurring revenue (a fundamental basis of ARPU) that units sold is literally the most important thing.

I never went so far as to say that ARPU and subscriptions are mutually exclusive, but the logic of your original statement was laughable frankly.
So zero insight then. About what I expected. And the fact that you think ARPU is also limited to recurring revenue is laughable, frankly.

I mean seriously. It’s right there on page 1 of this forum.

If pd themself claim it, and it's not a proof, so maybe journalist is a better proof for you ?

7! Not more than a 100?

Sat Jul 14 2018 18:07:02 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) -> DR:30270 | SR:99/99 | Races:3387

90% of people don't finish games, it's quite normal to give a game a few tries and move on to the next.

Looking at the trophies:
- 35% has driven less than 100km
- 47% hasn't bought a single car
- 60% hasn't watched the etiquette videos for unlocking online racing
- 87% has driven less than 3000 km
- 91.7% hasn't unlocked the ending movie
- 99.6% has done less than 322 sport races

Going back to GT5 78% hasn't completed the beginner series of events. I race a lot and see the same names every day. The active pool of players isn't that big, about 35k a day estimated by KP. Divided over 3 territories and less than 10% with SR over 90, no wonder I see the same people every day.

Cool story bro!
Except most games, I have only 10-20 % of people even get to the 25% mark. Only 85% of people who bought god of war beat the first boss.. Trophy data is weird. Also kudos prime is inaccurate unless ist a 100% random sample and to this day we have no idea exactly " how" its gathered . Sony and PD would be lying to stockholders and setting themselves up for a lawsuit.

Further, IF GTS was underperforming Sony would have told PD to move on. I talked to a few Evo devs who told me there was content planed up to 2018 before getting shut down, Sony just axed them. In MSA they told them to cut development of the last DLC map and the last three car packs.

Last edited:
That's correct one million or so is just an assumption but gets the point across.
The direction of ones belief? I suggested if you have time to read through the threads here on GTP and the many post of people openly admitting to creating multiple accounts for tha FIA and that's just on this site.

Not sure why you think multiple accounts is common beyond a small hardcore. This site itself is small in the grand scheme of things. Your talking about a niche of a niche.

If you follow sites like Kudosprime you will see the increase in user profiles coincides with major updates and promotions. In June around 500K profiles where added.

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=nb_players_per_week

And the biggest weeks coincided with the Days of Play promotion. GT Sport was the 3rd best selling game in Europe that week (retail & digital).

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....remains-no-1-in-europe-for-third-week-running

You can also see from PSN sales in June GT Sport was #4 in Europe and #10 in the US.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...selling-game-on-playstation-store-last-month/

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/07/11/playstation-store-junes-top-downloads-3/

I love the internet, and how one little tweet can start an argument. The Gran Turismo tweet was wrong, and didn't match the one Kaz wrote or the attached image. It should have said that 5 million people have played GT Sport.

A quick look at KP shows that GT Sport has indeed been accessed by more than 5 million separate PSN accounts. You don't even have to trust the stats on that, you just need to play around with the numbers in the url. To my knowledge, the player accounts start at 1,000,000 and have gone past 6,600,000. As we know, a majority of those accounts are from people who don't play as much as those of us on this site, but they are all people who at least tried the game. Some of them are alternate accounts (I have one myself) but I can't see that being a huge number in itself. I think the earliest numbers are also from those who tried the beta.

5 million is a number that is worth celebrating. Even if most of those people didn't stick around, they all tried out GT on their ps4 and then probably moved on to something else. Those who found it too bare bones and arcade like probably moved onto AC or PC2 (the sales of which Sony get a cut of), while those who thought it was not fun enough probably moved on to more arcade style games (again, Sony get a cut).

As for a large influx of alternate accounts for the FIA .... um, no. It was just on sale at that time.

Back