GT Sport have over 5 million players

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 658 comments
If there is anyone similar to a church member, it's you and the other 2 known GT diehards who put on blinders when proven wrong.

And aren't you a known Forza7 diehard.

you seemed to be dwelling over here in GTS thread pretty hard on what is supposed be a 'non-popular game' hmm... it must be popular after all. so why don't you take your blinders off and stop proving yourself wrong, okay. I hope you have been having fun with the arcade-like forza 7. I have been having fun with Forza 6 and horizon 3 and the rest before that but those times have passed. so now Im hanging with the new big 'kings' in town, GTS & Pcars2. Ya see, Im a big time wheel user now no more controller for me, and pcars2 and GTS is where that action is at. although many players still use controllers in GTS it's still a blast to play using a wheel; but seriously dude you are still with forza physics? You are better off debating & complaining with the folks over at the Need for Speed threads. Now that forza is no longer exclusive its pc and xbox see if it can surpass millions of copies too. I wish you the best:lol:

Last edited:
Never say never, practice makes perfect after all. GT6 you mean?

Yep, GT6. Appreciate the reply, but I really don’t have the time to practice enough and get to a decent competitive level. I sort of play on my own time and pace and other games are more appealing right now. Plus, the FIA championships are held on days and times when I have no chance of participating. Oh well. :)

Wishful thinking, I have absolutely no chance of getting a win. Ever.

You've only done eight races... You really expect to immediately win after 8 races?

I have won 33 sport mode races. That sounds really nice until you realize that is in 607 attempts. 33/607 is only a 5.43% winning percentage. Unless you're an alien, you're not going to win every race. Racing is all about improving your position; if you want to just "win every race" then arcade mode is your best option...

Yep, GT6. Appreciate the reply, but I really don’t have the time to practice enough and get to a decent competitive level. I sort of play on my own time and pace and other games are more appealing right now. Plus, the FIA championships are held on days and times when I have no chance of participating. Oh well. :)
I feel ya. Yeah I squeeze in GT time when I can also. Just away to buy a Thrustmaster T150 to enjoy the game more with. But getting time to play can be hard for sure with life etc.

Good luck and enjoy your racing friend :cheers:

Will look like the game already going pass 3.5 million after month of with there plan support. Look like will going out sell GT6 in one year. While it take GT6 take 3 year. It like bounce back after 6. How going down hill ? :embarrassed:
GT6's opening week debuted 204,784.
GT Sport debuted at 150,286.

Tell me where it's bouncing back....

you seemed to be dwelling over here in GTS thread pretty hard on what is supposed be a 'non-popular game' hmm... it must be popular after all.
I never said it wasn't popular.
so why don't you take your blinders off and stop proving yourself wrong, okay.
I've been correct in everything I said.
I hope you have been having fun with the arcade-like forza 7. I have been having fun with Forza 6 and horizon 3 and the rest before that but those times have passed. so now Im hanging with the new big 'kings' in town, GTS & Pcars2. Ya see, Im a big time wheel user now no more controller for me, and pcars2 and GTS is where that action is at. although many players still use controllers in GTS it's still a blast to play using a wheel; but seriously dude you are still with forza physics? You are better off debating & complaining with the folks over at the Need for Speed threads. Now that forza is no longer exclusive its pc and xbox see if it can surpass millions of copies too. I wish you the best:lol:
This is the cringiest thing I've ever seen in this forum.

You should consider running away for another 7 months again like the last time you got into argument about comparing games & got exposed.

You should consider running away for another 7 months again like the last time you got into argument about comparing games & got exposed.

so, why don't you go back to Forza? At the beginning all I remember is you talking about how much better Forza is than GT Sport in the VS thread... I don't hear you talking about that now; whats up with that? here you are now switching gears comparing GTS to NFS, lol; now this is your exposure.

you seemed to be dwelling over here in GTS thread pretty hard on what is supposed be a 'non-popular game' hmm... it must be popular after all. so why don't you take your blinders off and stop proving yourself wrong, okay. I hope you have been having fun with the arcade-like forza 7. I have been having fun with Forza 6 and horizon 3 and the rest before that but those times have passed. so now Im hanging with the new big 'kings' in town, GTS & Pcars2. Ya see, Im a big time wheel user now no more controller for me, and pcars2 and GTS is where that action is at. although many players still use controllers in GTS it's still a blast to play using a wheel; but seriously dude you are still with forza physics? You are better off debating & complaining with the folks over at the Need for Speed threads. Now that forza is no longer exclusive its pc and xbox see if it can surpass millions of copies too. I wish you the best:lol:
GT is a shell of its former self, but I can see why McLarean transferred, even though they are both lacking. I played FM7/FH3/GT: Sport I cannot have much fun with them than previous entries, and the sells show that. Physical playtime is also a factor and updates usually won’t help add players in my opinion, depending on updates to make the game better is kind of insulting when you buy a game for $60.

Why do you think Sim Mode from previous entries is back? I’d say they are backpedaling just to get extra sells for the classic GT people? Just saying.

so, why don't you go back to Forza? At the beginning all I remember is you talking about how much better Forza is than GT Sport in the VS thread... I don't hear you talking about that now; whats up with that? here you are now switching gears comparing GTS sales to NFS, lol; now this is your exposure.
Because we're not talking about Forza; it has no relation to this thread.

What I have been discussing is that even though GT continues to best it & your beloved PCars in sales, as a franchise, it's been in a free fall since GT5. Another member brought up GT outselling NFS' franchise as a whole, and I brought up that it won't; EA achieved double what Polyphony did in the same 20 years. I also advised that GT was heading down NFS' path of poor sales. It won't be able to rely on its name forever if Polyphony don't make some changes.

You keep trying to act big, and keep making a fool of yourself.

So you compare opening week but not going compare to overall of the year sale ? :lol:
You need to clarify what you're after. GT Sport hasn't been out a full year so I can't compare those numbers.

GT Sport launched Oct. 17th 2017 where as GT6 debuted Dec. 5th, 2013, so I can't compare those overall year sales either unless you're purposely trying to skew the figures.

You keep trying to act big, and keep making a fool of yourself.

Me not acting big at all. and Im certainly not making a fool of myself as you claim. and the statement about you saying that you are always correct, you are 100% false on that.

This thread is about GTS reaching a certain milestone of achievement. people are here to celebrate and you are here to dampen their spirits with rhetoric therefore you keep making a fool of yourself.

Me not acting big at all. and Im certainly not making a fool of myself as you claim. and the statement about you saying that you are always correct, you are 100% false on that.
Then point it out.

All you're attempting to do otherwise is, "I'm just gonna repeat everything he said".

You've only done eight races... You really expect to immediately win after 8 races?

I have won 33 sport mode races. That sounds really nice until you realize that is in 607 attempts. 33/607 is only a 5.43% winning percentage. Unless you're an alien, you're not going to win every race. Racing is all about improving your position; if you want to just "win every race" then arcade mode is your best option...

You think I quit because I didn’t win in 8 races? I don’t bother because it’s an exercise in frustration. The penalty system, the rating system and the matchmaking system are akin to shooting a moving target in the dark.

Last edited:
You think I quit because I didn’t win in 8 races? I don’t bother because it’s an exercise in frustration. The penalty system, the rating system and the matchmaking system are akin to shooting a moving target dark.

You will find better quality racers as you advance up the Sr ranks.

Then point it out.

All you're attempting to do otherwise is, "I'm just gonna repeat everything he said".
You are always arguing a debate about GTS...
I don’t own a PS4, so why would I care? I’m not even discussing GT:S beyond the fact being online only doesn’t magically save it from bugs/cheaters.

But you also later jump away from the argument as if you had nothing to do with it; but this is not my most concerning point. Im not saying that I'm always right but you also have not always been correct.

McLaren, I wonder do you actually find happiness in racing games? which one?
Do you ever like to go to your favorite racing thread to contribute your support?

This news from polyphony digital should be cherished by all sim racing fans whether this is your favorite racing game or not. We should all pull together now and unite in this small racing sim community, appreciate forza GT PC AC and others for what/who they serve. the only way all of these games will improve is with our support.

I make a vow right now to not ever bash Forza or any other racing game's success again and be more constructive with criticism; McLaren, only if you are with me on this. What do you say pal?

You need to clarify what you're after. GT Sport hasn't been out a full year so I can't compare those numbers.

GT Sport launched Oct. 17th 2017 where as GT6 debuted Dec. 5th, 2013, so I can't compare those overall year sales either unless you're purposely trying to skew the figures.
I'm not skewing anything, I already say the game look like about outsold GT6 less than 3 year. Heck even the article mention it in the post. :)

I'm not skewing anything, I already say the game look like about outsold GT6 less than 3 year. Heck even the article mention it in the post. :)
How did it out sell GT6 less than 3 years? That's talking about individual accounts that's already been addressed. Sales are nowhere to close to numbers PD touted.

It took GT6 two years (Dec. 2013-Dec. 2015) to finally hit 4.71 million years where as GT:S is still at 3.3-3.5 million after 9 months. Can GT:S move another 1.2 million copies in 15 months? Quite possibly, but right now, it hasn't and there's no guarantee it will. Even when/if it does surpass GT6, hopefully the goal is to at least end somewhere over 6 million copies before the next iteration is on the horizon.
But you also later jump away from the argument as if you had nothing to do with it; but this is not my most concerning point. Im not saying that I'm always right but you also have not always been correct.
You quoted a post from another thread. I'm referring to this thread.
McLaren, I wonder do you actually find happiness in racing games? which one?
Do you ever like to go to your favorite racing thread to contribute your support?
Yes, I post in the Forza section, I post in multiple sections. I also lurk this forum to see the pictures of GT:Sport or read what people are saying about the game.

So you can save the armchair therapist questions.
This news from polyphony digital should be cherished by all sim racing fans whether this is your favorite racing game or not. We should all pull together now and unite in this small racing sim community, appreciate forza GT PC AC and others for what/who they serve. the only way all of these games will improve is with our support.

I make a vow right now to not ever bash Forza or any other racing game's success again and be more constructive with criticism; McLaren, only if you are with me on this. What do you say pal?
Forgive me to take someone serious who around 2 hours ago was posting this, or basing the number of likes a game has as some sort of defining conclusion.
I hope you have been having fun with the arcade-like forza 7. I have been having fun with Forza 6 and horizon 3 and the rest before that but those times have passed. so now Im hanging with the new big 'kings' in town, GTS & Pcars2. Ya see, Im a big time wheel user now no more controller for me, and pcars2 and GTS is where that action is at. although many players still use controllers in GTS it's still a blast to play using a wheel; but seriously dude you are still with forza physics? You are better off debating & complaining with the folks over at the Need for Speed threads. Now that forza is no longer exclusive its pc and xbox see if it can surpass millions of copies too. I wish you the best:lol:

How did it out sell GT6 less than 3 years? That's talking about individual accounts that's already been addressed. Sales are nowhere to close to numbers PD touted.

It took GT6 two years (Dec. 2013-Dec. 2015) to finally hit 4.71 million years where as GT:S is still at 3.3-3.5 million after 9 months. Can GT:S move another 1.2 million copies in 15 months? Quite possibly, but right now, it hasn't and there's no guarantee it will. Even when/if it does surpass GT6, hopefully the goal is to at least end somewhere over 6 million copies before the next iteration is on the horizon.

You quoted a post from another thread. I'm referring to this thread.

Yes, I post in the Forza section, I post in multiple s
How been address ? People just assume the accounts are mostly fake. I would argue they are not fake since the game charting pretty well every month.

Forgive me to take someone serious who around 2 hours ago was posting this, or basing the number of likes a game has as some sort of defining conclusion.

Im not your punching bag dude, do you expect to throw sneaky comment jabs at someone with none returning? That post was about arcade-like forza vs NFS was in response to your insulting comments. It must have gotten to you really hard for you to repost it twice; and it didn't even had to personally jab or insult you back... I just feel that forza 7 has evolved closer to the NFS spectrum and I'm just not into those type of racers, but I don't hate them

The number of likes this game have on ps4 does have a defining conclusion; why do you think it doesn't?
It takes in account the pool of players who purchased the game and enjoyed it.

If someone thinks everyone wasted money buying the game; the number of likes GTS has may disprove that argument.

Last edited:
Im not your punching bag dude, do you expect to throw sneaky comment jabs at someone with none returning? That post was about arcade-like forza vs NFS was in response to your insulting comments. It must have gotten to you really hard for you to repost it twice; and it didn't even had to personally jab or insult you back... I just feel that forza 7 has evolved closer to the NFS spectrum and I'm just not into those type of racers, but I don't hate them
Did you expect to just call everyone that doesn't like the game haters whilst blatantly being the complete opposite?

What I said remains accurate. I could tag a number of people who would back up that you completely ignore facts & make things up such as:
And those with real life experience has no idea how simplistic or complex the model is until they become a simulation developer themselves.

The reality is the only reason you brought up Forza was because I posted a response to someone bringing up GT beating it & PC2 isn't something worth bragging about in relation to how poorly GT itself has done the last couple games. The discussion isn't about Forza, NFS, or PC2, those are games you & others have brought up; I've stuck directly to talking about GT sales which is what the thread relates to b/c it claims more individual accounts have signed in than reported sales.
The number of likes this game have on ps4 does have a defining conclusion; why do you think it doesn't?
It takes in account the pool of players who purchased the game and enjoyed it.
Likes have zero correlation; you have tried this argument twice last year. It only tells how many people like a game and given GT's popularity, I'm not surprised it has so many. It's not going to be an indication of how good/bad the game actually is.
If someone thinks everyone wasted money buying the game; the number of likes GTS has may disprove that argument.
I have yet to make any comment here about people wasting money. All I've said is that GT's sales have been on a large decline from previous titles. Whether those figures are still beating most other games, the fact this franchise went from 11.95 million to 3.5 million after 2 games is a concerning figure. We know GT6 suffered because of Sony's decision to release it on the PS3, and it's likely Sport has suffered because the game took a different approach from car collecting towards more of an E-Sports title.
How been address ? People just assume the accounts are mostly fake. I would argue they are not fake since the game charting pretty well every month.
The game has sold less than 4 million copies, yet PD claims over 5 million unique accounts?

No, people are assuming in addition to second accounts, people are also letting others use their copy or buying a pre-owned that doesn't contribute to overall sales. This is a solid theory to explain the large difference in sales vs. users.
Northstar
Nowhere did I post any numbers, I just said they boost the numbers quite a bit. Which is a fair enough statement since I highly doubt the sales of new copies suddenly picked up to cover 1.5 million accounts, so those accounts had to of either come from second hand copies or alternate accounts.

Last edited:
To my knowledge, there have been no sales figures officially released by PD or Sony. Any arguments surrounding sales figures is pointless.

To my knowledge, there have been no sales figures officially released by PD or Sony. Any arguments surrounding sales figures is pointless.
Take this list Polyphony published.
Screen-Shot-2018-05-11-at-12.15.31-PM-800x612.png

Subtract from the 80.4 million Polyphony claims.

Unless you'd like to question @SlipZtrEm's article.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-has-sold-around-3-3-million-copies-worldwide/

Take this list Polyphony published.
Screen-Shot-2018-05-11-at-12.15.31-PM-800x612.png

Subtract from the 80.4 million Polyphony claims.

Unless you'd like to question @SlipZtrEm's article.
https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-sport-has-sold-around-3-3-million-copies-worldwide/

I read that article before posting. The author was well aware of the inherent dangers of extrapolating numbers from that data. Until PD tell us how many units they've sold, it's all just guesswork. 👍

My 2 cents: PD would like to sell more units, but should feel free to celebrate what they see as important milestones.

5 millions but recently lobbies almost empty?
Becouse this is not true

GT 6 came out in full release of PS4 and with the feeling of being a GT 5 DLC, and GT Sport is affected by being an online spin-off that changes the formula and becomes an atypical game and in a different way.

We can not baed on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
GT6's opening week debuted 204,784.
GT Sport debuted at 150,286.

I've a bad news for you.... one of the worst commercial FLOP of the entire gen is FM7, that game opened whit very bad numbers and immidiatly desappeared from every chart in the world.... is not a case if a few days ago T10 stated that FM8 isn't in development

GTS now has 5,7 millions users... also assuming that 1,7 are doubled accounts we can have at least 4 millions copies sold in only 9 months on a single platform... a number that is simply a mirage for all the competitors

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back