GT Sport Update 1.15 Coming March 29 - BMW E30 M3, Tsukuba, and More

• Thread starter Nico_Ble99
  • 871 comments
here is my lap around the nordschleife in the Lexus super GT. Wasn't the cleanest or best I could of done but I haven't done a nord hot lap in a while. I managed to run a 5:56 no tuning or anything drove the car completely stock and with a controller.

It seems like you are using Racing Super Softs, right?

Most cars will lap Nordschleife alot faster than with the Racing Hards, that typically is used on these cars, and used for hotlapping.

Try again with Racing Hard and compare your times. ;)

The only thing I do not like about this update is the audio of the GT40, really synthetic and ugly to feel .... I hope the fixino in the next updates.

Anyway, even though M3 wasn't that good as some people expected I think we should celebrate the debut of the little Bimmer in GT series so here some 80's promo video featuring E30 3 Series model lineup (M3 included) and other BMW vehicles. Spoiler : full of A E S T H E T I C :lol:

That is ******* ART! :D :D :D

I find it way too easy to drive. Are you using a controller maybe ? The RX7 is much harder to controle. Compared to that car or the MR2 the E30 M3 is really easy to drive. Brilliant car.

Of course it is not a good car by modern standards. That was not the point of the many requests for this car. It is about nostalgia.

Oh okay. Thanks for your impressions. To be honest I'm still saving money to get PS4 though so currently I can't try it out. Just my concern that seems most people said M3 wasn't as they expected and that sounds worrying to me since the car was regarded as one of best drivers car. Maybe, I'm worried too much because it is such great addition to GT series and most wanted car to have in people wishlist by the way.

Part of me is actually hoping Polyphony hold off adding tracks such as Silverstone/Spa/La Sarthe just because I'm enjoying all the generic moaning posts from new accounts

Is that even moaning? it is just suggesting.. :rolleyes: funnily enough, I'm not new in here or to GT in general, check the date I joined. So yeah I'm new just cuz I have less posts than someone joined in Feb :lol:

I don't know why people expect to get a car and be able to thrash it around a track straight away without losing control. Every car needs mastering to get the most out of it, sometimes you need to change driving style. Too many complaints about E30 handling and I don't get it. I found it sweet but it will bite if you overdo it. Keep at it and tame the beast! Oh and the new track, awesome that Tsukuba is finally here..now dreaming of Twin Ring Motegi and some more super GT cars please....

Exactly, sometimes we use comfort tires in lobbies because sport hard is too much for some cars. They dumbed down a bit the physics back in november, please don't ask for making it easier. Also the reason why people use racing soft tires for a 200 cv car is beyond me. Where's the fun then? Wipeout handling?

Already send some tweet to Kaz. I'm aware that my tweet might not get a reply but I think Kaz and PD will noticed nonetheless :

View attachment 725938

Hope they sorted it out because an M3 being uneasy and difficult to drive does sound weird to me. Should have been like something fun to drive. Or is it such characteristic of E30 M3 had though?

Sorry this seemed very strange to me. You haven't tested the car or the game itself, and you asked to Kazunori Yamauchi to change the physics? The car is tail happy and light. I don't know if it behaves like the real one but some comparison with other games that include the car should be enough.

Last edited:
Even with the driving not being your best, you still smashed the Nord record of 6.11.13. That just shows how fast these are.
The Nordschleife lap times would be a lot more realistic if the game wouldn't allow you to use any inside curb anywhere on any track. They are insanely high there and of the 73 corners, you can use 4 inside curbs. And in the endurance races, a lot of drivers will use none of those 4 as they still offset the car quite a bit.

I think the racing tire physics of GTS aren't even that bad, but the fact that you can use every inside curb while on the other hand one rear tire on the grass will in many cases be a big instant crash, bugs me most.

Here's what happens when a very experienced FIA platinum driver is forced to use one of those curbs in a GT3 car:

Is that even moaning? it is just suggesting.. :rolleyes: funnily enough, I'm not new in here or to GT in general, check the date I joined. So yeah I'm new just cuz I have less posts than someone joined in Feb :lol:
I am basing it off a history of posts from a group of people. I find the particular posts just lame, when someone lists like 20 tracks as if you think Polyphony has never heard of them

I am basing it off a history of posts from a group of people. I find the particular posts just lame, when someone lists like 20 tracks as if you think Polyphony has never heard of them

Then you can just ignore it simple.. It is just I'm not fan of Tsukuba and I would prefer some other tracks, It is not like I care that much even if they never add, this is a forum and posted my opinions. That's it, no need to be imbecile.

Then you can just ignore it simple.. It is just I'm not fan of Tsukuba and I would prefer some other tracks, It is not like I care that much even if they never add, this is a forum and posted my opinions. That's it, no need to be imbecile.

Mate it wasn't that deep bro

Most cars will lap Nordschleife alot faster than with the Racing Hards, that typically is used on these cars, and used for hotlapping.

Stock everything should be racing hard, afaik the car comes with those?

I don't know why people expect to get a car and be able to thrash it around a track straight away without losing control. Every car needs mastering to get the most out of it, sometimes you need to change driving style. Too many complaints about E30 handling and I don't get it. I found it sweet but it will bite if you overdo it. Keep at it and tame the beast! Oh and the new track, awesome that Tsukuba is finally here..now dreaming of Twin Ring Motegi and some more super GT cars please....

Its an old school race car tuned engine and monster turbo....if you overcook it (like other finesse macines R32 GTR Supra 3.0 Turbo etc) the results aren't exactly surprising its a softly softly approach until you recognise its quirks you can't accelerate hard through corners or fast bends for example you'll just lose all speed its about holding the throttle but I'm probably preaching to the chonverted ha ha :lol: No need for any more super GT's after the au Tom's its a class killer

Stock everything should be racing hard, afaik the car comes with those?

Racing softs usually will not last a full lap of the Nordschlieffe and same goes for mediums if you want speed it has to be racing hard

Last edited by a moderator:
How about an N400 Shelby Cobra, or an N400 KTM X-Bow?

I don't believe there is any intention to balance the road car classes.

The X-Bow is N-300 and the Cobra is N-500 but you already know that. I don't bump cars into different classes and keep them in their original N-class. I do no tuning what so ever and keep everything stock except a bump in tire compound from sport hard to sport soft and no assist but ABS. This GT is not centered around tuning so I just don't bother with it like in past games.

Most cars seem to be competitive with one another except for a few in each class. Sadly your right and the balancing of the N-Class Will probably never happen. So it will take one make race's or HP & Weight restrictions in lobbies to keep them competitive for me at least.

The X-Bow is N-300 and the Cobra is N-500 but you already know that.
But both can be tuned to N400.
I don't bump cars into different classes and keep them in their original N-class.
That's your prerogative, but that doesn't prevent other people from doing it.
Sadly your right and the balancing of the N-Class Will probably never happen. So it will take one make race's or HP & Weight restrictions in lobbies to keep them competitive for me at least.
The focus for GT Sport's FIA events seems to be Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars. These are being constantly rebalanced in the updates, but no other category is.

I'm not sure that there's any intention to balance any other category, as there's no real purpose for them in the main esports events. Where they are used, it's as a one-make, so there's no need to balance anything.

Am I alone in finding the M3 far more wayward than I feel it ought to be?

I spun it constantly at the 'Ring, though I soon realized that was partially due to the sound glitch killing any sound from the tires. But even after a reset and the sounds returning, it feels very uneasy.
I did a back to back with the M3 E30 Sport Evo in GTS and AC and the difference is very very clear.

In AC you get understeer on the limit that transitions to a very progressive oversteer that can be balanced and caught. In GTS its just nothing, nothing, nothing, OVERSTEER.

It doesn't help that the FFB is almost totally devoid of detail with it as well.

pgS81k5.gif

DbqjYAj.gif

I am indeed. I feel like I corner better with RSS than I do on the RH tires. I'll give it ago though. RSS have pluses and downsides same with yards. I'll do one with yards and put the videos side by side and do a comparison when I get around to it.

I am indeed. I feel like I corner better with RSS than I do on the RH tires. I'll give it ago though. RSS have pluses and downsides same with yards. I'll do one with yards and put the videos side by side and do a comparison when I get around to it.
Of course it corners better.

You have HUGE more amounts of grip and with no tire wear it will shred racing hards. But racing hards are the tires that most people use for hotlapping and comparing times, specially around longer circuits.

It's night and day.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using RSS if you plan on doing races restricted to RH/RM. You'd be taking on a big challenge when being used to RSS.

Of course it corners better.

You have HUGE more amounts of grip and with no tire wear it will shred racing hards. But racing hards are the tires that most people use for hotlapping and comparing times, specially around longer circuits.

It's night and day.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using RSS if you plan on doing races restricted to RH/RM. You'd be taking on a big challenge when being used to RSS.
I know. If i was running tire wear I would be using RH the RSS tires lose rubber fast on nurb. I'm fine with using RM/RH I just like using the RSS tires because it makes for better spectacle on the replays because your taking the corners much faster.

But both can be tuned to N400.

That's your prerogative, but that doesn't prevent other people from doing it.

The focus for GT Sport's FIA events seems to be Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars. These are being constantly rebalanced in the updates, but no other category is.

I'm not sure that there's any intention to balance any other category, as there's no real purpose for them in the main esports events. Where they are used, it's as a one-make, so there's no need to balance anything.

I agree with you.

Who knows why they didn't carry over the PP system from GT6. Maybe because PD didn't think would be adding so many road cars..I don't know. The PP system worked well though at keeping the cars balanced but now even putting cars into different classes doesn't have the same effect as the cars are still all over the place in performance.
So your absolutely right there is no real purpose for them anymore outside of one makes. So it's now up to the users to find or make ways to keep them relevant.

I know. If i was running tire wear I would be using RH the RSS tires lose rubber fast on nurb. I'm fine with using RM/RH I just like using the RSS tires because it makes for better spectacle on the replays because your taking the corners much faster.

Absolutely no problem with whatever tires etc you are using. Just let it be a part of the description. Completely stock is false if you change the tires.

And FYI anything but stock tires may be spectacular but useless for comparison. Most will use racing hard and bop since that is what they end up racing with.

I wonder why they didnt add the circuit experience for Tsukuba? They didnt add Monzas CE right away either, I wonder if they did it on purpose

Just my concern that seems most people said M3 wasn't as they expected and that sounds worrying to me since the car was regarded as one of best drivers car. Maybe, I'm worried too much because it is such great addition to GT series and most wanted car to have in people wishlist by the way.
Do not worry. It drives very good. The fysics are no way near AC but that is not the point in this thread since it counts for every car.

Just looking at GTS and other cars, then the E30 M3 is just fun to drive. The sound is nice as well, you only tend to hit the rev limiter because it sounds and feels as if it can do more RPM.

Of course the handling is typical of a car developed in 1988. It is a car a lot of us were raised with. So its more about youth and nostalgia. I think a lot of people did not understand the reason of wanting this car in the game. Its all about livery.

Thank you Kaz :bowdown:

Last edited:
Couldn‘t drive flat out of any corner at Tsukuba on RH tires with 130% without spinning :banghead: I also haven‘t found a way to mess with the suspensions that make it better yet :dunce:
I've never driven an E30 irl, neither the Tsukuba be, so I can't really say how this car is supposed to handle
Already send some tweet to Kaz. I'm aware that my tweet might not get a reply but I think Kaz and PD will noticed nonetheless :

View attachment 725938

Hope they sorted it out because an M3 being uneasy and difficult to drive does sound weird to me. Should have been like something fun to drive. Or is it such characteristic of E30 M3 had though?

yrkgd.jpg

I think this fit for sure :)

For me, and that's just my worthless opinion, the E30 handles ****ing great to me with the right combination of tires, gear ratio and power raised to 280 hp. I've never driven Tsukuba, neither an E30, and therefore I can not tell if it's manageable to take those turns at Tsukuba full throttle on a 240hp car. I'm having a great experience with it at Suzuka east, power sliding through the track, and it's just beautiful when the rear end kicks out doing 2nd and 3rd gear full throttle. :dopey:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just raced on GT League, All Japan GT Cars category, I was surprised that there were some Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 cars with new liveries. Then I checked on Brand Central but got nothing. I hope PD will make it available soon.

I've never driven an E30 irl, neither the Tsukuba be, so I can't really say how this car is supposed to handle

yrkgd.jpg

For me, and that's just my worthless opinion, the E30 handles f **king great to me with the right combination of tires, gear ratio and power raised to 280 hp. I've never driven Tsukuba, neither an E30, and therefore I can not tell if it's manageable to take those turns at Tsukuba full throttle on a 240hp car. I'm having a great experience with it at Suzuka east, power sliding through the track, and it's just beautiful when the rear end kicks out doing 2nd and 3rd gear full throttle. :dopey:
I agree with your last opinion. When I took livery photos at Bathurst, I admit, turn 1, I spun out. Thought, "What the heck? Am i playing Project Cars?":lol: I haven't tried the car stock, because i tuned it as the DTM racer(with RH), due to the type of livery i created. I learned over that one lap, to 4 wheel drift, out of corners, like the real ones do, in old videos I've watched. Hopefully, the stock tune is adjusted, due to the complaints.

@Calmlity Got you covered ;)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/super-gt-liveries-we-cant-get.376689/

Edit: Spending more time with the M3. It is the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

yrkgd.jpg

For me, and that's just my worthless opinion, the E30 handles ****ing great to me with the right combination of tires, gear ratio and power raised to 280 hp. I've never driven Tsukuba, neither an E30, and therefore I can not tell if it's manageable to take those turns at Tsukuba full throttle on a 240hp car. I'm having a great experience with it at Suzuka east, power sliding through the track, and it's just beautiful when the rear end kicks out doing 2nd and 3rd gear full throttle. :dopey:

I will accept that meme :lol:. Nice to know you enjoyed the M3 by the way. I guess it is just matter of people's preferences and adaptation towards the car :cheers:

Back