GT3 World Tier Championship Series Season 1 For PS4 ( (antisocial lounge))

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx

So i would like to now if it is possible to have an idea on WHERE is the host of each tier.

My internet has a ping to google and facebook of respectivly 50 and 75ms. So i think a 100 to 200ms latency would be around the results i will get.

But the more "european" the better for me. I know it is F-ing selfish to ask this but i think a USA to Europe connection is WAY WAY faster so if possible having european hosts would be cool.

thx

So i would like to now if it is possible to have an idea on WHERE is the host of each tier.

My internet has a ping to google and facebook of respectivly 50 and 75ms. So i think a 100 to 200ms latency would be around the results i will get.

But the more "european" the better for me. I know it is F-ing selfish to ask this but i think a USA to Europe connection is WAY WAY faster so if possible having european hosts would be cool.

i would like to agree with this, but then again it all varies for each person. either way the Hosts should have the best connection speed each Sunday. Dont know how we would be able to determine this other than everyone checking there up/down speeds.

i think up / down for videogames are irrelevant. It is latency that can create some 🤬

Also this is why hardwired to routers is very recommended

Last edited by a moderator:
i think up / down for videogames are irrelevant. It is latency that can create some 🤬

oh ok i see what you're saying. very true. hopefully we will be fine tho and have good hosts.

and yes, hardwired is the ONLY way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ping is the key for players joining host it determines how long information is sent from your PS4 to host and back again. But host has to have good internet speed up and down.

My pings to UK 20 to 30. Europe around 60ms. But to U.S it can range from 80ms to 160. When you have pings up at 300+ there will be noticeable lag.

I may be mistaken, but doesn't the session get hosted by PSN, rather than the host themselves? For example, if someone set up a room, they would obviously be the host/room owner, but all information is held on the PSN servers. If the owner was to leave or lose their connection, another person in the room would take over ownership, like in Gran Turismo? I didn't think the room owner/host was a hub for data transfer, so it didn't/doesn't really matter?

They way I thought these online servers worked was all being hosted on the sony servers?

I know when I used to host stuff many years ago, my machine was the server and internet connection of the host machine was important. I was under the impression all gaming networks like PSN and XBOX have servers, taking away the potential minefield of hosting speeds. All traffic just goes to the servers, which present the room and data, then we all connect to them.

So in summary, the room host is just another person connected to the PSN servers, who for the time they are connected is the room owner. If they specify fixed ownership and their connection dies, then the room is closed when they leave and everyone is kicked out. Whereas if they specify non fixed ownership, the room and ownership is merely passed to the next person on the list. :)

Last edited:
It's a game to game system AND it can even be multiple systems in one game. Like destiny.

But as a rule of thumb you connect to psn as a gateway to go the editor/dev of your game then the game use those servers if there are any or uses your own bandwidth to host the players who connect to you.

I am pretty sure SMS did not buy dedicated servers and uses a host/client or a peer to peer system ( even worse )

Hi Zeydius,

Unfortunately, a message you posted contains words which are not considered appropriate for GTPlanet:

i think up / down for videogames are irrelevant. It is latency that can create some bad****.

Is that for real ? I really should shut it

Is this GT Series run on all assists off or has it to be decided yet. Maybe I'm blind and have missed it.

It's a game to game system AND it can even be multiple systems in one game. Like destiny.

But as a rule of thumb you connect to psn as a gateway to go the editor/dev of your game then the game use those servers if there are any or uses your own bandwidth to host the players who connect to you.

I am pretty sure SMS did not buy dedicated servers and uses a host/client or a peer to peer system ( even worse )

In which case I am mistaken. I'm not holding out much hope for an online race if there is any sort of connection woes for the host. I have a bad feeling, but only 40 minutes until I can download it (according to my email)

BTZJzr86KG2Oz1VRSgW_KNDnB0DW0GyjfGDQd2CT6Ug4P8sHnc6_-9kv1ejtosYojcefdrVYP0lmL7V4TnLIvsWsJVBHWTXcTzQdqAYTk00_hV0Ftwkr6UbIchJ5r1pH_f-FePo0FeE4LyClnPnB6g=s0-d-e1-ft

BTZJzr86KG2Oz1VRSgW_KNDnB0DW0GyjfGDQd2CT6Ug4P8sHnc6_-9kv1ejtosYojcefdrVYP0lmL7V4TnLIvsWsJVBHWTXcTzQdqAYTk00_hV0Ftwkr6UbIchJ5r1pH_f-FePo0FeE4LyClnPnB6g=s0-d-e1-ft

My email from PSN
Project CARS - Pre Order Edition (Game Pack)
Please make sure to top up your wallet before the pre-order expected release date: 06/05/2015 @ 11:00 PM

Fingers crossed I will find out imminently......eek!

I had an email saying 11pm as well but when I select the game from the dashboard it says 1H 35min. I still have a look though just in case :0)

@Zeydius I think it may have been the swear. Could be considered petty giving the context but its a blank ban I guess

I had an email saying 11pm as well but when I select the game from the dashboard it says 1H 35min. I still have a look though just in case :0)

It must be GMT, not BST so will be 12 midnight then.

I hope the servers will allow quick download. It took ages to download the 9GB for driveclub. My connection was barely doing anything comparitively. At full blast it would only take a minute or two. I may be going to work late tomorrow :lol

Sam
It must be GMT, not BST so will be 12 midnight then.

I hope the servers will allow quick download. It took ages to download the 9GB for driveclub. My connection was barely doing anything comparitively. At full blast it would only take a minute or two. I may be going to work late tomorrow :lol

Yeah its looking like I maybe going in an hour late too. Dam those 6am starts.

I'm thing I'm just going to jump straight in the karts. No messing with setup and I drive karts so it will be fun to see how they feel on the game. I watched so streams and the look tricky but pretty cool

i just wanna browse all the menus and options before anything else.

gonna be frustrating come Tuning time for qualifiers. exciting as **** tho!!!

Did u tune anything? Are you having trouble braking or turning?

And are you using a wheel?

Yeah I'm using the T300. I didn't do any setup changes. I didn't have any trouble with braking or steering at all and managed to win the first season in the karts with AI on 80. The karts have so much cornering speed though as they have such a low centre of gravity. I'm looking forward to getting home from work tomorrow and having a proper go.

Not sure what you mean by having a hard time turning, but braking without ABS takes, let's say fines.

Zey - how are you liking the look of the spreadsheet now?

GT to psn name is very well made.

We should have a color per tier and per team if we put colors in. Otherwise this is great and I think ready to use.

On quali day the admin puts the best time of each driver to determine the tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back