GT5 delayed. Release date now TBA

• Thread starter matthsv05
  • 555 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sureboss, rubbish competition, the competition have something to compare. Comparing a game with which you know very little about is a bit absurd. Sorry if you think my opinion is wrong but if a game is anounced in a certain month and it is available to all via no region lock then sure boss people get there hopes dashed.

Famine

You are playing with words.

You're avoiding answering straightforward questions.

Insults diminish the validity of your statements further.

Find an insult and I'll happily give myself an Infraction for it.

What Sony and PD have stated in countless interviews remains. The point you must be making however, is that neither Sony nor PD can be taken at their word at any level.

Find these statements. Show to me "their word" which says you will have GT5 on any given date.

We come to these forums to exchange ideas, our excitement and to vent our frustration. My points were based on their statements and the evidence to date. Your points are based on their own play of words and vagueness.

You have no evidence. They have made no statements. You are claiming you have been misled, lied to and manipulated by Sony & PD with no sound basis. They have never stated a release date. If you believed in a release date it is not their fault you did so.

I am happy for you if what they have said versus what they have yet to deliver satisfies you. It does not do for some of us.

They have said nothing and they have delivered nothing - a 100% success rate. If this dissatisfies you, this is entirely your problem.

Playing GT5 is what this is about. Playing GT5 we are not, and will not for who knows how long.

No-one knows how long. And that's the point. The release date for GT5 is the same today as it was in November - "TBA".

For reference, the staff here at GTP were given access to solid information originating from an SCE company which had a release date in December last year. When we found out it wasn't true, we were quite disappointed. Whose fault is the disappointment? I'll give you a clue - it's not Sony, because they never announced any release dates.

Last edited:
(...)
Oh really:

http://gizmodo.com/5447250/the-faulty-imac-saga-chapter-1

For the record I am a Mac user, but a "former" fanboy. Don't get me started on Apple.

Didn't read it all, but looks like different things. Costumer support, one product quality etc. while I was just referring to their marketing strategies in general.

And I'm a "fanboy" for nothing but Honda these days. See you guys later... going home... tired...

Famine

What, because you have stupidly unrealistic expectations that they have never fuelled? Sounds like your problem to me.

As far as insults. But I think you already knew. You just seem to like playing with words. Like I said, I'm happy for you since you are content with the status quo.

Cheers

Sorry to but in. Famine you come into a 26 page thread entitled GT 5 delayed and try to say that it is not. You sir as the mexicans would say " have ze big gonads " I take my hat of to you sir.

On any other company, the project lead/manager would have been fired by now.

How many times can you say ...

"it's coming soon"
"Were almost done, we can release it any time"
"we are 90% complete"

arrgghhhh!

Famine

What, because you have stupidly unrealistic expectations that they have never fuelled? Sounds like your problem to me.

As far as insults. But I think you already knew.

That's not an insult. Your expectations - as detailed thus far - are stupidly unrealistic, since they have been arrived at without any input from the people from which you are expecting things (though you say they've been fuelling it with misleading interviews and manipulative statements, you've not been able to provide any evidence of this). And since they are your expectations, they are your problem - just as the December release date which was our expectation was ours.

You just seem to like playing with words.

You still haven't answered the question though - how has "TBA" misled you to think the game has a release date?

Of course the reason you are deliberately avoiding the answer is because the answer is "It hasn't.". And that'd lead directly on to you making completely untrue allegations - Sony are misleading you - in full knowledge that they were untrue. And then you'd have some slightly more difficult questions to avoid.

Like I said, I'm happy for you since you are content with the status quo.

Nothing has been delivered on no promise of delivery. As I said, 100% successful.

Spagetti69
Sorry to but in. Famine you come into a 26 page thread entitled GT 5 delayed and try to say that it is not. You sir as the mexicans would say " have ze big gonads " I take my hat of to you sir.

Has the release date of GT5 as given by Sony ever changed from "TBA"? No, so where's the delay?

On any other company, the project lead/manager would have been fired by now.

How many times can you say ...

"it's coming soon"
"Were almost done, we can release it any time"
"we are 90% complete"

arrgghhhh!

Only Kaz has said these quotes. And I guarantee you he is the only person in PD than can't be fired without his permission. :)

I'm not sure if Sony went to another developer if they could even use the name gran turismo. So Sony have to use pd for the brand. Unfortunatly the brand is everything nowadays. People pay a pretty penny to have a tick on their trainers etc.

I feel as if some are defending PD and Sony, but lets face it; they kinda dropped the ball on this one.

Sure, there was no set release date, agreed, but when KY says the game could be released at any time you'd -- perhaps stupidly -- think it wouldn't be half a year or more towards release, right?

The fact that a lot of fans are disappointed is because it's been almost 6 years since the latest full game and three years into the life-cycle of the ps3. Don't you think it is logical for some fans to feel kinda disappointed?

And Famine, I can see your point entirely, but you also have to acknowledge that waiting for GT5 is becoming slightly absurd to say the least.

I have no rush concerning GT5 and I'll wait, but I can definitely see why some are reacting the way they are, and most of their sentiments are justified.

i don't want to add to an already amount of unhealthy speculation, but i know sony are increasing the size of their blu-ray discs from 25b per-layer, to the mid 30;s. im not sure when these are available, we all know that gt5 will have an obscene amount of data to store.

but still i think it mainly down to the fy and marketing.

Sureboss, rubbish competition, the competition have something to compare. Comparing a game with which you know very little about is a bit absurd. Sorry if you think my opinion is wrong but if a game is anounced in a certain month and it is available to all via no region lock then sure boss people get there hopes dashed.

Well, there can be no region lock on PS3 games, they are all region-free.

I wasn't comparing the game to the other competition. I was saying if the competition was better, then people wouldn't be so desperate for a decent racing game.

Famine smell the coffee mate the whole thing has been a delay. March was an announcement they said due to production issues march is no longer possible. I'm sorry but that is a delay in my book.

GT
I feel as if some are defending PD and Sony, but lets face it; they kinda dropped the ball on this one.

Sure, there was no set release date, agreed, but when KY says the game could be released at any time you'd -- perhaps stupidly -- think it wouldn't be half a year or more towards release, right?

The fact that a lot of fans are disappointed is because it's been almost 6 years since the latest full game and three years into the life-cycle of the ps3. Don't you think it is logical for some fans to feel kinda disappointed?

And Famine, I can see your point entirely, but you also have to acknowledge that waiting for GT5 is becoming slightly absurd to say the least.

I have no rush concerning GT5 and I'll wait, but I can definitely see why some are reacting the way they are, and most of their sentiments are justified.

I don't think anyone is saying that the wait hasn't been difficult or that its stupid people can't wait (though it is annoying people keep complaining about the wait, I mean you can also understand it gets old pretty quick)...the problem is people complaining about "multiple delays", "false promises" and "lies" - all of which are nonsense.

That people are arguing on these forums about who said what, delays and everything else, just goes to show what a PR disaster PD/Sony are. You can sense that the gaming press in general are getting very frustrated as well.

agreed, I don't think there is a conspiracy going on or that PD or Sony are lying deliberately; I guess it's about circumstances being difficult and problems we're not aware of. But still, I think it's pretty thick saying there haven't been any delays...come on, GT5 was supposed to have been released by now, just because PD or Sony have said: we're delaying (until now) doesn't mean that the indications were that it would see a christmas release and a EU/US release shortly after the March JP release; sure nothing was confirmed but we ARE able to extrapolate some things on our own I'd like to think.

Famine I stand corrected I just read their statement it's not delayed it's only postponed.

GT

I think, by evidence of my GT collection alone, I can safely say that I'd be one of the more eager to have a copy of GT5 in my hands by now. But if it ain't done, it ain't done - and if no-one's said it's out on this date, there's no reason to expect it.

Famine smell the coffee mate the whole thing has been a delay. March was an announcement they said due to production issues march is no longer possible. I'm sorry but that is a delay in my book.

I wasn't aware that all definitions had to be run through your book to be valid.

No date has ever been given for a release of GT5 in North America or Europe. This was true two days ago, when the Japanese version was slated for a 31st March date, just as much as it is today, when the Japanese version once again has a TBA date. For you and I - and your book - there has never been a delay to the release of GT5. To say otherwise is an error. To say otherwise a second time in that knowledge is a lie. To insist it repeatedly is delusional.

Also, I prefer semi-skimmed to coffeemate.

GT
agreed, I don't think there is a conspiracy going on or that PD or Sony are lying deliberately; I guess it's about circumstances being difficult and problems we're not aware of. But still, I thick it's pretty think saying there haven't been any delays...come on, GT5 was supposed to have been released by now, just because PD or Sony have said: we're delaying (until now) doesn't mean that the indications were that it would see a christmas release and a EU/US release shortly after the March JP release; sure nothing was confirmed but we ARE able to extrapolate some things on our own I'd like to think.

But you're assuming a delay there, how can you know without being an employee?
I mean, everyone assumed they were working on just GT5 after Prologue, but it later turned out they were working on GT PSP.

So its not really fair to blame Sony or PD for that nor is it justification for getting annoyed about it. If you want to start taking assumptions as fact, its not anyone else's fault - sure its understandable people are upset, but really thats a problem of mindset not anything anyone else has done. If you hadn't decided to believe assumptions, then you would not see it this way.

That people are arguing on these forums about who said what, delays and everything else, just goes to show what a PR disaster PD/Sony are. You can sense that the gaming press in general are getting very frustrated as well.

It's hard to announce a delay without the bad PR. It really is a no win situation when a delay comes into play. If you don't delay it you get bad PR for putting a bad game out and if you delay it you get bad PR from that. Really the only one that won't hurt sales as much is the one that makes it come out later.

KY has made comments to lead people to believe the game was imminent. This is the sort of thing that p*sses people off.

That sounds more like Ze Germans, Mexicans would say, the "grandes huevos".:sly:

You're avoiding answering straightforward questions.

Find an insult and I'll happily give myself an Infraction for it.

Find these statements. Show to me "their word" which says you will have GT5 on any given date.

You have no evidence. They have made no statements. You are claiming you have been misled, lied to and manipulated by Sony & PD with no sound basis. They have never stated a release date. If you believed in a release date it is not their fault you did so.

They have said nothing and they have delivered nothing - a 100% success rate. If this dissatisfies you, this is entirely your problem.

No-one knows how long. And that's the point. The release date for GT5 is the same today as it was in November - "TBA".

For reference, the staff here at GTP were given access to solid information originating from an SCE company which had a release date in December last year. When we found out it wasn't true, we were quite disappointed. Whose fault is the disappointment? I'll give you a clue - it's not Sony, because they never announced any release dates.

Are you a lawyer Famine? Tell me you are a lawyer please, it would explain your position. If you are not, well, you should be. I can hear you now, in the courtroom, lavishly defending your client; "...ladies and gentleman of the jury, you must not forget, never forget the fact that, although despite several eye witnesses and my client's fingerprints and DNA were found all over the crime scene, my client has not confessed to committing the crime! You MUST therefore acquit!!!" Yes, oh yes, you would be good at it.

While I stupidly vent my frustrations, I leave you to stupidly wait...and wait....and wait, justifying Sony and PD at every turn, as a good fanboy should.

I think, by evidence of my GT collection alone, I can safely say that I'd be one of the more eager to have a copy of GT5 in my hands by now. But if it ain't done, it ain't done - and if no-one's said it's out on this date, there's no reason to expect it.

So what you're saying is that you still have no reason to expect a GT5 release? I also fail to see what makes you MORE eager than anyone else, because of the amount of GT items you have? Alright. The reason why I expect GT5 to be out sometime in the near future is because it's been quite a while since the last game, hell, it's been quite a while since GT5p. I expect the GT franchise to appear on the PS3 within a reasonable time-frame, I expect this because when someone says that the game will be released shortly after GTpsp it actually will; when someone says they could release GT5 whenever they want that means that at least the game is in its final stages.

I'm sorry if this is all just MY expectations, but I firmly believe it's the expectation of any person who looks at this situation realistically.

Great thing is we don't have to agree about this though.

While I stupidly vent my frustrations, I leave you to stupidly wait...and wait....and wait, justifying Sony and PD at every turn, as a good fanboy should.

:lol: What are you talking about, man? :lol: You are in the same position as him, waiting. Have you done anything to change that? No, you are merely talking on a forum. Talking is not the same as doing. Just because you are angry at PD doesn't mean you won't wait, you will be waiting like the rest of the members that complain about Sony and PD, with no reason at all, since there wasn't a set date to begin with. Just be And he is not a fanboy at all, you should know that by now.

Are you a lawyer Famine? Tell me you are a lawyer please, it would explain your position. If you are not, well, you should be. I can hear you now, in the courtroom, lavishly defending your client; "...ladies and gentleman of the jury, you must not forget, never forget the fact that, although despite several eye witnesses and my client's fingerprints and DNA were found all over the crime scene, my client has not confessed to committing the crime! You MUST therefore acquit!!!" Yes, oh yes, you would be good at it.

I note, you failed to answer the question once again, instead preferring to attempt some kind of character assassination through fantasy roleplay. Is it really that tough to admit?

Now that is an insult. Repeat it to anyone and you're gone.

Furthermore, I'm not justifying anyone. I'm pointing out how they are not to blame for the expectation people heap upon them when they don't deliver something they've not promised. Like you have done repeatedly in this thread on the basis of no evidence for no reason.

GT
So what you're saying is that you still have no reason to expect a GT5 release?

I don't have a release date from Sony yet... so... no.

GT
I also fail to see what makes you MORE eager than anyone else, because of the amount of GT items you have?

I didn't say "more eager than anyone else". Just "one of the more eager". I've spent enough on various copies of GT games alone to buy two PS3s, without mention of the cost of the consoles. Or the LANs :D

GT
The reason why I expect GT5 to be out sometime in the near future is because it's been quite a while since the last game, hell, it's been quite a while since GT5p. I expect the GT franchise to appear on the PS3 within a reasonable time-frame, I expect this because when someone says that the game will be released shortly after GTpsp it actually will; when someone says they could release GT5 whenever they want that means that at least the game is in its final stages.

I'm sorry if this is all just MY expectations, but I firmly believe it's the expectation of any person who looks at this situation realistically.

Great thing is we don't have to agree about this though.

Indeed. I too have my own speculation about the release of the game - but it's my own speculation and if I'm wrong it'll be my fault because Sony and PD have not yet said when they intend to release it.

Firstly, thank you Voltaic for defending me. I think that PD should have not even told us a specific release date to hype us all up and then tell us that that date is not valid anymore. Come on, PD has now been telling us this game is in the process of being made for years now and now that has made us excited. Then they make us more excited by giving a release date. But then, they suddenly stop and say "oh I'm sorry. We're going to delay it and wreck your excitement without any apology." Now famine, wouldn't YOU be ticked off too? Especially when you are the moderator which I assume makes you a huge GT fan. (I now have a feeling that you are going to make a "smart-alec" comment on the word assume).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back