GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
Yes it is lol. Earlier I did a race and I was passing this skyline on a straight and when I was right next to him he rammed me on the side and we both crashed. The turn wasn't even close yet so it was clear that was on purpose.
Yes, I experienced that too in one race. I't a shame :indiff:

Although I must admit that in a race on suzuka I was right behind an Evo and when he braked for the corner the distance between us stayed the same cause I breaked with the same amount. But then all of a sudden I saw him bouncing of the track. I never saw my car hit his, but no one else could have done it. I felt really bad because I never intended to bounce him :guilty:

I haven't read if anyone else posted, but it looks like the tracks (at least Daytona has) have been updated to prevent online cheaters - and this has pretty much removed any hope of realism in the single player mode - as far as the visible and barrier changes at Daytona infield.

The track co-ordinate data also seems to have changed, as replys saved from Daytona Infield no longer follow the track after turn 4.

What a pity that the singlepalyer offline stuff is being affected by the online stuff :(

I do not like what they did with Daytona Rolex, but it had to be done nonetheless.

However, I do not see any coordinates changed, since the whole configuration of the track remained the same - except for the middle-barriers and looks of the turn#1 barriers.

I do not like what they did with Daytona Rolex, but it had to be done nonetheless.

However, I do not see any coordinates changed, since the whole configuration of the track remained the same - except for the middle-barriers and looks of the turn#1 barriers.

If youhave any saved replays from before the patch to use at Daytona see if they reply correctly - none of mine do, they allturn at the incorrect point and remain that way aimlessly crashing in barriers as the replay the throttle steering braking actions - but in the incorrect place hehe :)

It almost seems as if the the Daytona infield road course has been scaled down as well - weird, but in certain cars I am running out of road way early compared toprevious hotlaps - and my times dropped like 4 seconds a lap instantly.

Either way, GT5 is fun, and 50% of the online races I have done I have been rammed in the turns, on the straights and every wher else - the other 50% have been half decent races.

I had no idea that this many asian players would be this violently combative in online racing hehe.

Sadly I noticed a pattern - obvious asian/japanese appearing names were more likely to resort to "crash and burn" tactics than the european appearing names were.

I think this may be because most of the non-asian players are slightly more adult and sought out a way to buy and import the game at additional expense to play properly versus the casual over the counter buyer in Japan - which means more serious players online from the non-Japanese locations.... for now.

I bet once the rest of the regional localized releases take place we will see a huge upsurge in casual online crashers and wreckers again.

I think another factor is the availability of downloads.

It seems to me that a more serious racer wants to have that package, the case, manual and stickers, while some of those who just want to get on NOW are just dweebs who made it through previous GTs by playing bumber car. My brother is a sad example in that regard, evidently from raising himself on NFS. He plays EVERY game like it's Burnout, and the first thing he does is ram a competitor. I told him that Prologue would just turn him into a ghost if he did that, and he's not that interested in it anymore. Gah, some people. :P

Oh yes, and in that regard, I hope that's not something Kaz and the lads leave in GT5 offline mode. The crashes in the Toca series are rather spectacular, and I was disappointed to see myself ghosted in the single player Prologue. I'd rather they take that out of GT5 for single player offline racing.

I remember in previous GTs when I was a lot younger and I used to ram quite a bit and so... ahh good thing i stopped that crap and i'm all about clean proper racing now :D

I just finished a the A6 or something daytona race and i was first and then got rammed in by the AI, now that was annoying :P Thank god i was able to get back on track and finish first :D

Well Ive not been on the PS3 till later this afternoon and I can say that I got booted at least 10 times, so I gave it up as a bad job, will try later.

Can someone confirm that they are using there normal login and not the JPN account for online racing.

Well Ive not been on the PS3 till later this afternoon and I can say that I got booted at least 10 times, so I gave it up as a bad job, will try later.

Can someone confirm that they are using there normal login and not the JPN account for online racing.

It took me several times also, but yes I used my US account to download the update & that's the account I go online with.

i'm using my normal US login name, having alot of problems with connecting to games though, it seems like maybe only 40% of the time i'll actually get into a game, the rest will of the time it just stops,and then times out at the end of the loading bar, have had some good races though, the Lotus Elise race with 16 people is amazing, going into the first turn it's an absolute mess trying to make it out alive haha but the cars don't seem over or underpowered which seems to lead to cleaner racing from my experience, and what's up with the first hairpin into the back section of Fuji after the straightaway, i ALWAYS get bumped there, people never take the racing line on that turn for some reason, it is alot of fun though, wonder why we can't race on eiger or london though?! hopefully the Jan10th or whenever update will feature every track

I am using a US account to play.

I downloaded the patch using my JPN account but have done all my online races using my US account name: Drew22.

...........I had no idea that this many asian players would be this violently combative in online racing hehe.

Sadly I noticed a pattern - obvious asian/japanese appearing names were more likely to resort to "crash and burn" tactics than the european appearing names were.

I think this may be because most of the non-asian players are slightly more adult and sought out a way to buy and import the game at additional expense to play properly versus the casual over the counter buyer in Japan - which means more serious players online from the non-Japanese locations.... for now.

I bet once the rest of the regional localized releases take place we will see a huge upsurge in casual online crashers and wreckers again.

Thats the most stupid comment in this entire forum.

Thats the most stupid comment in this entire forum.

No its not. You trying to find some racism in there? BTW - how many online GT5: Prologue games have you played so far? What are YOU basing your opposition on?

First off - EVERY player to ram me last night had a non-english name. NONE of the english named players rammed ANYONE.

Those are the FACTS. PERIOD.

Second - GT5: Prologue is an OVER THE COUNTER product in Japan - which means EVERYONE including casual online crashers are buying the game.

This means that many crash and burners are playing.

Third - MOST of the players from OUTSIDE Japane are adults that spent extra to buy the game and are playing properly.

This is not a RACIST commetn against the Japanese you fool - this is a statement of FACT that ate the moment there are probably MORE Japanese KIDS playing than than Non-Japanese ADULTS.

BUT.....

As soon as the REGIONAL versions of GT5: Prologue go onsale all the NON-JAPANESE KIDS from Europe, the US ect will also be buying GT5 and then we will see a new wave of crash and burners.

It is rediculous how people get so bloody politcally correct at the drop of a hat

My statement hold true, is logically deduced and accurate.

It is not a racist slam on the Japanese - it is a conclusion that there are more Japanese KIDS online at the moment - than ADULTS - and that the more KIDS online, the more crash and burners you will be playing against.

And soon we will have more US/UK/German/French/Brazilian/Chilean/Swiss/Canadian etc KIDS online than ADULTS once the localized copies go on sale - more crash and burners online - PERIOD.

Please - stop trying to find a racsist under every rock - unless you feel offened because you are a KID living in your parents basement? ;) (BTW - this is a humourous taunt - a jestful poking of the tiger in the cage (and don't presume I chose the tiger as a symbol of asia to taunt - purely coincidental hehe :P ;))

FLAMES WILL ERUPT IN 5...4...3....

Seriously people, calm down. This doesnt need to turn into a BAWWW match. Other websites exist for that sole purpose. :)

No its not. You trying to find some racism in there? BTW - how many online GT5: Prologue games have you played so far? What are YOU basing your opposition on?

First off - EVERY player to ram me last night had a non-english name. NONE of the english named players rammed ANYONE.

Second - GT5: Prologue is an OVER THE COUNTER product in Japan - which means EVERYONE including casual online crashers are buying the game.

Third - MOST of the players from OUTSIDE Japane are adults that spent extra to buy the game and are playing properly.

This is not a RACIST commetn against the Japanese you fool - this is a statement of FACT that ate the moment there are probably MORE Japanese KIDS playing than than Non-Japanese ADULTS.

BUT.....

As soon as the REGIONAL versions of GT5: Prologue go onsale all the NON-JAPANESE KIDS from Europe, the US ect will also be buying GT5 and then we will see a new wave of crash and burners.

It is rediculous how people get so bloody politcally correct at the drop of a hat

It is not a racist slam on the Japanese - it is a conclusion that there ar emore Japanese KIDS online at the moment - not ADULTS - and that the more KIDS online, the more crash and brners youwill be playing against.

Please - stop trying to find a racsist under every rock.

Well stated, I didn't find anything racist at all in the post, it made perfect sense to me as well as the fact that when the US version hits the stores we'll have a whole new crop of idiots to deal with.

Well stated, I didn't find anything racist at all in the post, it made perfect sense to me as well as the fact that when the US version hits the stores we'll have a whole new crop of idiots to deal with.

Thanks - that is all I was trying to get across, that at the moment the casual crashers of a one certain region are the dominant fools online - soon they will be joined by the rest of the worlds crash and burners ;)

the Lotus Elise race with 16 people is amazing, going into the first turn it's an absolute mess trying to make it out alive haha but the cars don't seem over or underpowered which seems to lead to cleaner racing from my experience

I couldn't agree more :) This has got to be the most refreshing online race at the moment. I only just bought the elise today and took it online to this race. There were 15 of us going down to the first corner and I kept a good speed round the hairpin and then the back end just ripped round and I was facing the other way! :lol:

From my experiences on GT4, I considered myself a competent driver with the 111R but with the new 'professional' physics setting it's amazing how difficult the elise is to handle! It's like skating on ice but makes you a much better drvier for it when you get this small monster under control :sly:

Anyone who hasn't tried this, get yourself hooked up, put them sunglasses on and enjoy the ride :cool:

BUT.....

It is not a racist slam on the Japanese - it is a conclusion that there are more Japanese KIDS online at the moment - than ADULTS - and that the more KIDS online, the more crash and burners you will be playing against.

And soon we will have more US/UK/German/French/Brazilian/Chilean/Swiss/Canadian etc KIDS online than ADULTS once the localized copies go on sale - more crash and burners online - PERIOD.

Please - stop trying to find a racsist under every rock - unless you feel offened because you are a KID living in your parents basement? ;) (BTW - this is a humourous taunt - a jestful poking of the tiger in the cage (and don't presume I chose the tiger as a symbol of asia to taunt - purely coincidental hehe :P ;))

LMAO.

I never said anything about race/racist, I guess people can see whatever they wanted to see? How you feel already manifested in what you have written in the quoted post. YOU alone turn it into a race issue, not me.

It is clear who is the kid here.....

LMAO.

I never said anything about race/racist, I guess people can see whatever they wanted to see? How you feel already manifested in what you have written in the quoted post. YOU alone turn it into a race issue, not me.

It is clear who is the kid here.....

You didnt need to - you implied it. Yo uclearly were 'offened" by something in the fully factual post I made.

So - how many online races have you done with GT5: Prologue, kid? I mean you must be basing your opinion o fmy observations on something - right?

Better yet, what do you drive and how much track time do you have, real life or console?

default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9GhBYLbuWM
default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiofjudMql0
default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEIXwQ_AwLs

I am just letting you know - wait, telling you that if I am going to bother to take the time to make a post, it is not just to post some bogus nonsense or for jollies, but because I have something factual to contribute.

How about you?

You didnt need to - you implied it.....

......ummm....LMAO!?

Honestly, I have nothing to say, you simply took "putting words in people's mouth" to a totally new level. Actually, I was implying that Area 51 and the UFO landing is real, so either way you are wrong.

Now I know you are not a kid, you are just an "adult" who thinks like one. 👍

I see the insight that RC45 is putting on the table and I get his point. It's clear and backed up with supporting points.

I'll take it as an opportunity to relate to this thought...

I tried to reason why Prologue is only available in Japan. My friends ask me this question often. Why?... why did you have to import it?

To add to what RC45 was saying...this is similar to his point..I think that having what he said in perspective could be one more additional reason to the other marketing and limiting testing data collection thoughts as to why Prologue is not released for America.

Those "Adults" or "Kids" that want the game bad enough will import this game and a good chance is these importers of the game really enjoy to play the game not like a Burnout series or NFS.

This is the kind of answer I give to my friends that ask me why the game is only in Japan. It is to control some of the first time experience of the online features that this game will deliver to those that seek to play this game correctly. If it were released in America, it would be easier for anyone that wasn't really a Gran Turismo fan who enjoys games like Burnout and NFS series to pick up this game at the local stores. Maybe this was to allow the game to be played by those that really want the game and would test out the game correctly and provide PD with a more acurrate feedback than from the average racing gamer.

......ummm....LMAO!?

Honestly, I have nothing to say, you simply took "putting words in people's mouth" to a totally new level. Actually, I was implying that Area 51 and the UFO landing is real, so either way you are wrong.

Now I know you are not a kid, you are just an "adult" who thinks like one. 👍

I notice you have again avoided the questions:

1. How many online races with GT5: Prologue have you participated in ? I mean you ar ebasing your opinion o fmy observaiotns on something - right?

2. What do you drive in reallife, and how much real life (or console/PC) track time do you have?

You seem to be a very opinionated and mouthy member of GTPlanets - but I wonder if you can back any of it up?

The YouTubes of me having some real life fun with my car were for your viewing pleasure - (note I said fun, not competing - I know I am no Micheal Schumacher - I am just some dude with a 660bhp Z06 messing aorund on track - I know my limits.. do you kno wyours? ;) ):

Feel free to post up some examples of your activities. :) I really do hate to get into these tiffs, but I really dislike these people with "heavy hitter" online personas that are really just based on mouth and not actions.

YOU TWO JUST CANT HELP YOURSELVES HUH? YOU TWO ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CARE. CREATE YOUR OWN ARGUMENT THREAD AND HAVE AT IT. Or let it drop and move on. In my eyes youre both children.

Yes RC45 you are soooo 733T. If I could give you a cookie I would. LET IT DIE.

YOU TWO JUST CANT HELP YOURSELVES HUH? YOU TWO ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CARE. CREATE YOUR OWN ARGUMENT THREAD AND HAVE AT IT. Or let it drop and move on. In my eyes youre both children.

Yes RC45 you are soooo 733T. If I could give you a cookie I would. LET IT DIE.

Wow - everyone is a critic. Who peed in your cereal? This place is more sensitive than the Soap Opera forums ;)

This is the kind of answer I give to my friends that ask me why the game is only in Japan. It is to control some of the first time experience of the online features that this game will deliver to those that seek to play this game correctly. If it were released in America, it would be easier for anyone that wasn't really a Gran Turismo fan who enjoys games like Burnout and NFS series to pick up this game at the local stores. Maybe this was to allow the game to be played by those that really want the game and would test out the game correctly and provide PD with a more acurrate feedback than from the average racing gamer.

Very good point - I mean the GT Franchise enjoys cult status in Japan, so maybe this is the best way fo rthem to launch test and validat emany of the features which we will later take for granted.

BUT.....

:bowdown: Amen !

RC45 your in america right? Racing other americans wont cause you too much trouble because you have a good connection to them. European names arent going to stand out to you because english is english and lots of europeans use english names online. Plus europe seems to have a good connection to america from what I hear on live. Asian names are going to jump out at you simply because they are asian and also because being only released in Japan most of the players will be asian.

So we have asian names really standing out to you. When we add to this the fact that lag causes drivers to hit others in braking zones even if they dont actually do it on their screen it can really give the impression that they are out to get you and are wose than others. But I doubt its the case.

I have no doubt you have been taken out on purpose many times, but I really doubt percentage wise there are more asians doing it than anyone else.

I have two questions about all the wrecking going on while online. Just so you know I don't have the GT5P game yet.
1) Can you use headset "ingame" ?
2) Is there "lag" as this could be causing a lot of the wrecking i'm reading about since Japan has a lot higher internet speed than we do here in the USA.
No I'm not a "kid" I'm just going thru my fourth childhood.

no headsets. and the crashing is clearly intentional :(

Intentionally bad driving or intentionally "I'm" going to wreck you so I can win/or "I'm" going to wreck you because "I'm" a bad driver.

Note:the ["I'm"] are generic

RC45 your in america right? Racing other americans wont cause you too much trouble because you have a good connection to them. European names arent going to stand out to you because english is english and lots of europeans use english names online. Plus europe seems to have a good connection to america from what I hear on live. Asian names are going to jump out at you simply because they are asian and also because being only released in Japan most of the players will be asian.

So we have asian names really standing out to you. When we add to this the fact that lag causes drivers to hit others in braking zones even if they dont actually do it on their screen it can really give the impression that they are out to get you and are wose than others. But I doubt its the case.

I have no doubt you have been taken out on purpose many times, but I really doubt percentage wise there are more asians doing it than anyone else.

Well I did say I was sure the large number of asians online/wrecking was because they are by far the most players at the moment, plus I was online during Japanese daylight hours - I am sure most of North America and Europe was asleep.

There was one race where lag was causing cars to warp around like stop motion - so, sure during that race collision were accidental - but the rest, they were blatant.

When you are pulling out to pass someone down Fuji main straight and you move well to the right and they still swerve to ram you and stop you passing, its a little obvious ;) hehe

Intentionally bad driving or intentionally "I'm" going to wreck you so I can win/or "I'm" going to wreck you because "I'm" a bad driver.

Note:the ["I'm"] are generic

Some were just bad drivers, but others intentially wrecked so as to prevent the pass, or make sur ethe advantage you carried into a hairpin turn was given up.

Of all the wrecks (and not every race was a dissaster) most appeared very intentional.

I had great fun catching up to groups of "crash n burners" and then waiting fo rthem to become ghosts and make the pass while they took each other out ;)

Back