GT6 Demo in July!

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 1,286 comments
I hope the garage isn't finalized, especially the dealership. I'm missing the rotation movement. I don't like how it's just static and, also, pretty far away and small now.

daus26
I hope the garage isn't finalized, especially the dealership. I'm missing the rotation movement. I don't like how it's just static and, also, pretty far away and small now.

Was kind of nice seeing the while car...but probably was to keep the load times down.

New UI is less cluttered. But frankly, that's the only complement I can give.

I'm pretty sure we've established that everyone hated going back and forth between menus just so that they can go to the next race. The thread about it back when GT5 was released was one of the longest threads in this forum. PD agreed, and updated the interface with "next race" button. And now they've gone back to the same illogical frustrating old navigation model. It just makes no sense.

RE eye candy, I saw the sparks, which were a nice touch. But I will have to give it another go for leaves.

Oh believe me, I miss the GT3/GT4 days when that next race button was still around, I wasn't even disputing that. Hopefull this "Powered By Gran Turismo 6"
is still in a very demo stage, much like the Uncharted demo, most people disliked the demo, but loved the game.

The A.I and sounds are placeholders

I've seen this comment a few places now; is there any source for this? did PD put out a statement? The E3 demo's sounds were identical to GT5 (even down to the old-drum-machine-hi-hat blow-off valve on the kbow), and from what I'm hearing in GTA2013 is also equal to GT5's sound (playing the 370z back to back) so it's valid to say that so far it sounds like GT5, but I haven't seen an official suggestion that this audio content is placeholder.

Was kind of nice seeing the while car...but probably was to keep the load times down.

What do you mean by the whole car?

I can only see the front end, at an angle. :(

I've seen this comment a few places now; is there any source for this? did PD put out a statement? The E3 demo's sounds were identical to GT5 (even down to the old-drum-machine-hi-hat blow-off valve on the kbow), and from what I'm hearing in GTA2013 is also equal to GT5's sound (playing the 370z back to back) so it's valid to say that so far it sounds like GT5, but I haven't seen an official suggestion that this audio content is placeholder.

It's in the Gtplanet news page, and came from an interview of Kaz.

GTP: Are the engine sounds that we hear in the demo representative of what we will hear in the final game?

KY: “No, those are just in there as sound effects.”

GTP: So we will see some changes in that area?

KY: “Actually, we are doing research right now to generate the sounds in a completely different way. I’m not sure if it is actually going to make it into GT6 in time yet, but we’ll have to see.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-engine-sounds/

Thanks for your help! I don't get it, they couldn't have made an simple option?! mph or kmh...very simple.

Yeah, indeed, I'm having the same issue. Why do we have to bother changing language etc. (Thanks for the solution though Ridox 👍) when they could make it a really simple option? Meh...just PD being PD there...

:( Sorry, I didn't know that.

I initially downloaded from UK store but was stuck with MPH, then I tried downloading it from US store and had the same result :lol:. Oh...imperials...when will you discover the brilliance of the metric system? :lol:

I really can't see why PD would leave out an option like this. It's obvious it's gonna be in GT6 but still it's something annoying for the demo.

I can't wait until the full game releases and I get to drive most of the cars (being honest as I will never drive all 1200 cars).

I didn't go into GTA 2013 expecting the full GT6 experience but as a sample of what has been done with GT6's physics engine. I am impressed with it needless to say!

I can't wait until the full game releases and I get to drive most of the cars (being honest as I will never drive all 1200 cars).

I didn't go into GTA 2013 expecting the full GT6 experience but as a sample of what has been done with GT6's physics engine. I am impressed with it needless to say!

Like someone has mentioned before, the Nissan Leaf with stock suspension settings was really fun to drive for me. I don't think I can get that kind of enjoyment in driving slow cars with any other game. I really felt the skinny road tires versus, the wider sports tires on the 370z. I don't know if that's my imagination but that's what I'm experiencing in the demo.

So yeah, I can't wait to feel many more cars! and with the return of the standard cars, there will be much more to drive, so I'm glad.

Any advice on the ACTUAL timed events? I can barely get through the first time trial race without getting ridiculous penalties or times worse than Silver.

I am on a DS3 and I need to know which assists you guys are using and not using. I play on manual.

Like someone has mentioned before, the Nissan Leaf with stock suspension settings was really fun to drive for me. I don't think I can get that kind of enjoyment in driving slow cars with any other game. I really felt the skinny road tires versus, the wider sports tires on the 370z. I don't know if that's my imagination but that's what I'm experiencing in the demo.

So yeah, I can't wait to feel many more cars! and with the return of the standard cars, there will be much more to drive, so I'm glad.

It's definitely your imagination, I can think of a lot of racing games that provide much more fun that GT, in fact, GT sometimes makes me feel sleepy.

It's definitely your imagination, I can think of a lot of racing games that provide much more fun that GT, in fact, GT sometimes makes me feel sleepy.
Fun?
Others can have fun with something you don't, so your post is invalid.
Also if you get sleepy stop playing.
Life is simple isn't it?

Any advice on the ACTUAL timed events? I can barely get through the first time trial race without getting ridiculous penalties or times worse than Silver.

I am on a DS3 and I need to know which assists you guys are using and not using. I play on manual.

All assists off except ABS1, sensitivity 7. Turn on the driving line if you struggle.

All assists off except ABS1, sensitivity 7. Turn on the driving line if you struggle.

That is literally everything I had. Well, at least I got gold by going into chase camera. I almost always drive on hood view.

No. It's roof cam.

That is literally everything I had. Well, at least I got gold by going into chase camera. I almost always drive on hood view.

Download some ghost times from the top ten runners and follow them. It's surprising how much time you can pick up.

I'm 14 and race clean and respect other drivers. I think your talking about all of the 8 year olds that got hold of daddy's game and went online right?

It really sucks for us real racers because then they're going to be running around lobbies screaming and driving the wrong way around the track.... As usual.

Agreed.

Same age group here. 👍

Well just played the Academy '13 demo. Really enjoyed the physics and new suspension and tyre modelling. I didn't like the lighting model, everything is flat and lifeless. I did enjoy the new track side additions like birds flying in the sky etc. wonder if they are going to animate trial mountain monkey.

...Can't deny that, Silverstone looks simply beautiful, but at the same time Suzuka/Grand Valley looks nearly the same thing as they were on GT5, while I was racing the first Clubman Cup event I actually felt like I was playing GT5, Autumn Ring looks awesome anyway, loved the leaves flying when you go out of the track, the sunset style of it makes it all better. But however I didn't got the feel of a new game while driving the older tracks...
I am quite surprised that you saw almost no difference in Suzuka and Grand Valley. The lighting alone for me has made a difference and I think there has been a hint that Suzuka will also have time change. The whole definitely felt like a different game and more than just an upgrade.

Physics
Barely any difference for me, I do like GT5 physics a lot, but the way they made it sound, it would be like the game would have a complete change in physics, when it doesn't, is nearly the same thing with some bodyroll...
Again, I'm surprised. Each of the cars it was easy to feel the difference in how they handled, moreso than in GT5 I felt. I also had far more sense of connection with the road, when and how much acceleration I could hold through the corners. It was just so much more alive.

Doesn't UK use mph?
I know this has been answered but we do have both. Officially everything has meant to be metric for quite some time but Imperial still holds sway, even amongst the young ones. As I've been out of the country for a long time, I have lost touch with what's what there though.

Then you are a very boring person.
Astounding comeback...

Damn this final challenge is hard. I am like 1 second behind. The third turn (the one right before the VERY SLOW 1st gear turn number 4) is a real pain. I try to go as far into the red braking zone as possible without brakes, and slow down near the inside. I can do some fairly consistent laps, but I HATE when I get a black flag. I go a couple feet off the track, but as I get back on the track, I get a flag saying the NEXT lap is invalid. So I have to ruin my good rhythm and restart.

Damn this final challenge is hard. I am like 1 second behind. The third turn (the one right before the VERY SLOW 1st gear turn number 4) is a real pain. I try to go as far into the red braking zone as possible without brakes, and slow down near the inside. I can do some fairly consistent laps, but I HATE when I get a black flag. I go a couple feet off the track, but as I get back on the track, I get a flag saying the NEXT lap is invalid. So I have to ruin my good rhythm and restart.

Why restart? Just keep lapping even if you lose the next one. Also if you're running too wide you're probably going in too hot. Start by taking it easy and building up speed over a few laps.

Yeah you get black flagged for using the curb its ridiculous!! You can't even use the green bits at the end of some turns that real race drivers use!!

Yeah you get black flagged for using the curb its ridiculous!! You can't even use the green bits at the end of some turns that real race drivers use!!

I've not had a problem personally. However it's the same for everyone I suppose so its fair across the board.

Back