GT6 Demo in July!

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 1,286 comments
On 720p the framerate is smooth.

I'm playing in 1080p and its still smooth for me and I only notice lack anti aliasing in distant objects (I havent looked at any replays yet so the lack of anti aliasing might be more noticeable). I see frame rate drops and screen tearing in gt5 in certain situations so I know how frame rate drops look, and I played games on pc with anti aliasing disabled and I dont see anything in gt6 like that.I have the feeling people are either over exaggerating or there might be some other issues like slow internet speed ( I notice frame rate drops/ screen tearing in seasonals when my internet is going slow and disconnecting), what ever it is PD should fix it so everyone have the same experience.

I don't understand how some of you guys can like the cockpit's soft flickering shadows over the more impressive looking hard but slightly jagged cockpit shadows of GT5. The flickering is much more annoying, and the cockpit shadow rendering in general just doesn't look as complex as they did in GT5.

GT6 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3lqL94OE4

GT5 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leL54U4Z4Qk&t=0m26s
Didnt even notice that,I will have to see if I can see it next time I play it.

Last edited:
Well, here's what I think overall with the game demo:

Graphics - Could be better, but I think they look slightly better than in GT5. The Cars look a lot better in-game though as I can see more detail shown on the cars as I drive them.

Gameplay - Not bad at all, the menu navigation is superior to GT5 and I love the new physics engine so far. I even had fun driving the Leaf.

Everything else - Well, I don't seem to have an issue with the FPS; the race seemed very smooth to me. I don't see anything wrong with the car sounds. I won't talk much more about that though since the sounds here are just placeholders and the final game will have the cars sounding different.

Verdict, it's turning out well so far. I just wish there were more cars than just Nissans to choose from. PD should really focus on different manufactures for future GT Academy events.

Verdict, it's turning out well so far. I just wish there were more cars than just Nissans to choose from. PD should really focus on different manufactures for future GT Academy events.

So, a Nissan sponsored competition should have non-Nissans in it?

Finished dowloading and played it for some minutes, some things that I noticed

-Tracks
Can't deny that, Silverstone looks simply beautiful, but at the same time Suzuka/Grand Valley looks nearly the same thing as they were on GT5, while I was racing the first Clubman Cup event I actually felt like I was playing GT5, Autumn Ring looks awesome anyway, loved the leaves flying when you go out of the track, the sunset style of it makes it all better. But however I didn't got the feel of a new game while driving the older tracks.

-Cars
Well also can't deny the car model is way better looking, the bodyroll still is great, no complaints in here, can't wait for the game with new cars

-Physics
Barely any difference for me, I do like GT5 physics a lot, but the way they made it sound, it would be like the game would have a complete change in physics, when it doesn't, is nearly the same thing with some bodyroll.

-Menus/UI
They really improved from GT5 specially the whole dealerships, event selection, the racing interface somehow looks great, but at the same time, i don't like the new map style, the car dots are simply awful, and all that yellow touch on the position marks simply don't do for me. Either way I like the improvements in this area

-AI
Can't let this go, I'm really disappointed again, they simply follow the same line, drive like dummies... I'm not a pro at driving, but really they don't drive like real racers, they simply cruise the track.

-FPS
Awful, I'm not even a PC elitist but you can see how the game is laggy when you drive in Silverstone using the cockpit camera. I really hope they fix this for the final game.

Overall, I felt like playing GT5 with slightly better graphics and new menus. The game feels the same and have the same flaws.
They better look at this FPS and AI issues before the full game.

Nordschleife anyone? What with a time like that...
A time like what? that 7:35 or whatever it said on that screen shot was the time of day it was posted. I did not see a lap time there.

Of course I would be very happy if that last event was on Nordschleife. That would have me playing the demo for quite a while.

I've never been that fond of Silverstone

Edit: on the web site it shows a time of 2:09.393 so likely to be Silverstone

GT Academy is Nissan's idea, not PD's or Sony's. Nissan had to convince them to do it not the other way around.

Darren Cox, Head if Nissan Motor sport worldwide came up with the idea.

Interviewed on Radio Le Mans here.

http://audio.rpix.org.uk/lm24/2013/2013_nrtlm_darren.mp3

Oh, alright then. I did not know that. :banghead:

----------------

I would still like to see more variety at least. I don't get why they just choose the leaf, 370z, and GT-R.

Last edited:
No sign of any of the promised eye candies such as blowing leaves, etc. (hopefully because it’s a demo; hopefully).

I can confirm that there a moving leaves, but you have to drive through them, on Autumn Ring: Just grind your car on the guard rail looking backward and you'll periodically find small patch of leaves on the ground which your car fluffs up into the air very briefly.

I do agree that the grapics are pretty much the same to the untrained eye, but I didn't really expect a major improvement (it's still a PS3)

But on the note of UI, I really like the new garage and dealership, at the dealership the white background is very forza-esque, an improvement if you ask me, and the cars actuall look like they're parked in a garage (revolutionary, I know)
Also, for the first time ever, I had fun in a Nissan. Even the Leaf was entertaining.

.. on the note of UI, I really like the new garage and dealership, at the dealership the white background is very forza-esque, an improvement if you ask me, and the cars actuall look like they're parked in a garage (revolutionary, I know)
Also, for the first time ever, I had fun in a Nissan. Even the Leaf was entertaining.

New UI is less cluttered. But frankly, that's the only complement I can give.

I'm pretty sure we've established that everyone hated going back and forth between menus just so that they can go to the next race. The thread about it back when GT5 was released was one of the longest threads in this forum. PD agreed, and updated the interface with "next race" button. And now they've gone back to the same illogical frustrating old navigation model. It just makes no sense.

RE eye candy, I saw the sparks, which were a nice touch. But I will have to give it another go for leaves.

Question: Can anyone tell me how to switch to km/h? I can only find language and my preferred language is English (I'm from DK)
Thanks!

Question: Can anyone tell me how to switch to km/h? I can only find language and my preferred language is English (I'm from DK)
Thanks!

Try to change language settings under XMB options to English ( UK ) then choose in the demo options the language of the XMB, if that fails, change the language in the demo to greek, yeah it's hard to read :lol: but it works - tested + confirmed.

This game gives a more traditional feel of GT2-4. It just feels.....right. The font style of the GUI probably has a lot to do with it.

The best improvement between GT5 and this demo was the UI and decreased load times. As for everything else, I think it's too early to tell how well the finished product will come out - the improved physics is just one aspect of the gaming experience (albeit an important one). It remains to be seen how the gameplay will be like.

To be honest, I think the current GT gameplay format needs a complete overhaul. The existing framework hasn't really changed much since the first games of the series. I don't think we'll see a massive change with GT6, but for GT7, PD needs to start from scratch and re-design the entire thing.

To be honest, I think the current GT gameplay format needs a complete overhaul. The existing framework hasn't really changed much since the first games of the series. I don't think we'll see a massive change with GT6, but for GT7, PD needs to start from scratch and re-design the entire thing.

I agree. I expect PD to take GT to an entirely new level on the PS4.

The best improvement between GT5 and this demo was the UI and decreased load times. As for everything else, I think it's too early to tell how well the finished product will come out - the improved physics is just one aspect of the gaming experience (albeit an important one). It remains to be seen how the gameplay will be like.

Very true. I have noticed a frame rate drop in the cockpit. The frame rate could be sensitive to the output or it could be the game itself. In other words, using a cheap HDMI could be worsening the rates due to the cruddy Refresh Rates or the game itself needs to have more anti-aliasing so the frame rates will be smoother in transitioning.

Regarding the AI it is expected it Will be the same, Kaz mentioned they are still working on it.I'll agree they shouldn't have added races with the AI being the same though

Try to change language settings under XMB options to English ( UK ) then choose in the demo options the language of the XMB, if that fails, change the language in the demo to greek, yeah it's hard to read :lol: but it works - tested + confirmed.

Thanks for your help! I don't get it, they couldn't have made an simple option?! mph or kmh...very simple.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but where are all the cars ( listed below ) ??

To get ready for this year’s GT Academy, Polyphony Digital will be releasing a demo for the game in July to start the weeding out process for the lucky few that will attend PD’s real life professional racing academy.

Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
Acura NSX ’91
*Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
*Alpine A110 1600S ’68
*Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
Ferrari 458 Italia ’09
*Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
Ford GT ’06
*KTM X-BOW R ’12
Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74
*Light Car Company Rocket ’07
McLaren MP4-12C ’10
*Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12
*Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
*Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12
Toyota 86 GT ‘12

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but where are all the cars ( listed below ) ??

To get ready for this year’s GT Academy, Polyphony Digital will be releasing a demo for the game in July to start the weeding out process for the lucky few that will attend PD’s real life professional racing academy.

Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
Acura NSX ’91
*Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
*Alpine A110 1600S ’68
*Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
Ferrari 458 Italia ’09
*Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
Ford GT ’06
*KTM X-BOW R ’12
Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74
*Light Car Company Rocket ’07
McLaren MP4-12C ’10
*Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12
*Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
*Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12
Toyota 86 GT ‘12

Those are cars that were in the GT6 demo at the literal Silverstone where GT6 was first announced.

"GT Academy" = Nissan only.

Finished dowloading and played it for some minutes, some things that I noticed

-Physics
Barely any difference for me, I do like GT5 physics a lot, but the way they made it sound, it would be like the game would have a complete change in physics, when it doesn't, is nearly the same thing with some bodyroll.

You cannot be serious about this one... 💡 I liked GT5 physics too but its really VERY, VERY different... we can do some stuff with FWD cars now that were simply impossible and so wrong in GT5... I did a corner entry @ the first corner of Suzuka with the Nissan Leaf that was incredibly realistic. Playing with the weight transfer, etc (that actually happens more correctly now). We actually have a working suspension now... its really a lot of difference.

My feelings about the demo:

I'm impressed. Was expecting a lot less than what we have. The cars look better specially when looking closer (tesselation?), I like the new look of the game, even if overall it looks a bit, a tiny bit too saturated on colors (I can live with that). The cockpit shadows are day and night from what we had from GT5, even cockpit textures (such as in the 370z gauges) look to have been improved.

The A.I and sounds are placeholders, so no need to comment on that, but everything feels so good that I simply didn't care, if they simply use correct engine samples for each engine type it'll be ok. Not expecting much about sounds for GT6, improve a bit what we have on GT5 and it'll be ok for PS3. I'm expecting huge improvements for PS4.

The UI is magnificent, very smooth, clean, fast as hell... loving the whole quickness of it. Big step ahead. The garage is lovelly! But the dealerships can be better... give a more "dealership look" for it... anyway, liked it a lot.

And finally... the physics. God, they are delicious... having so much fun. Can't wait to try all the 1200 cars in GT6... huge improvement from GT5 imho... now you feel the car more, a lot more information coming from suspension, better feeling overall... It's so good that you can have fun in a Nissan Leaf! And at the same time it's very intuitive and you can use more of your actual knowledge regarding real driving... you can finally use the weight transfer in a decent way.

Loving the demo. And I just can imagine the ammount of fun I will have driving a stock Alpine A110 @ the awesome course maker tracks made in Andalucia... oh god, please let be december already!

Ridox2JZGTE

Doesn't UK use mph?

Back