GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
Don't know if this has been mentioned but custom rear wings actually show the degree of angle depending on your downforce settings, not sure if it work's with stock rear wings.

Wow, that's great. One of my main complaints has always been the lack of visual difference applying downforce settings so good to see that appears to be remedied.

Problem solved :sly:

04.jpg

An interesting find.

Just listen to the start-up sound of the Toyota STARLET Glanza V '97.
Sounds like its starving for fuel for a moment.

Dont know if this was posted before but it surprised me.

Last edited:
Not must of an Easter Egg since probably most of you seen it, When you put Rain and Surface Water on the CM tracks Eifel and Eifel (Flat), they have reflective puddles and fog is visible at 100% weather, too bad PD only put it on this track because it looks actually decent with the reflection of the clouds and sun on the track, probably a hint for GT7 pre early weather effects I guess.

I've made a really peculiar discovery...

After playing around with the course maker for a bit, making jump tracks and such, I noticed the AI never seemed to roll over. I wasn't sure if it was because the AI were being extra cautious or smart when handling odd terrain, or if I just wasn't paying attention, but I started to look into it a bit more, and found that the AI cars seem to be opporating under different rules than the player car. Perhaps the biggest item is that they can't pitch or roll beyond 90 degrees, similar to how your car behaves online. On bigger jumps it also looked like the cars would "correct" themselves in mid air, and sometimes lose inertia and sort of "drop" out of the air in an odd-looking manner.

I wondered of this was exclusive to course maker tracks, perhaps as a last-ditch effort to conserve processor power (I couldn't really think of another reason considering you have access to the "full" engine), so I went to Daytona to cause chaos, slamming them into walls, and hitting them head-on on the banking while going the wrong way. The results were similar.

I'm working on a way to make GIFs of my findings, as I don't really want to put all the footage on my YouTube channel... I recommend trying it yourself on the mean time.

I don't know how far the differences extend, but I find it really odd that a difference exists in the first place. I know it wasn't there in GT5. It's a bit disappointing for me, as I like playing around with the physics and other various tools that game engines provide, but it seems PD's limited certain aspects.

*Edit: Another thought - I don't know if this discrepancy in physics has existed in every version of GT6 since it's launch, but it could be a reason why the hidden alternate routes of Route X were canceled/held back.

This may have been known since GT5, but I didn't spot it until now: The odometer in the cockpit of the Ferrari F430 / 430 Scuderia indicates 430 kilometers.

The smoke is a different colour on Death Valley Course maker tracks, it's a shade of flat grey more than white. Maybe even a different texture altogether I quite like the change.

The smoke is a different colour on Death Valley Course maker tracks, it's a shade of flat grey more than white. Maybe even a different texture altogether I quite like the change.

It might just be different camera exposure. The exposure adapts to the brightness of the scene, in dark scenes the exposure is increased and in bright scenes it's decreased. Death Valley is a very bright scene due to the sand and the lack of shadows.

It might just be different camera exposure. The exposure adapts to the brightness of the scene, in dark scenes the exposure is increased and in bright scenes it's decreased. Death Valley is a very bright scene due to the sand and the lack of shadows.

I think it's an interesting possiblity. However Big Willow and Streets of Willow tracks are almost identical to Death Valley track in terms of texturing, theme and overall colour - the smoke there is white with a hint of blue as usual. I even argue Willow springs to have the brightest lighting in the game, sometimes the sun looks like a Nuke and few updates while back the majority of car headlights looked more like star wars laser neons than anything else LOL

Last edited:
I think it's an interesting possiblity. However Big Willow and Streets of Willow tracks are almost identical to Death Valley track in terms of texturing, theme and overall colour - the smoke there is white with a hint of blue as usual. I even argue Willow springs to have the brightest lighting in the game, sometimes the sun looks like a Nuke and few updates while back the majority of car headlights looked more like star wars laser neons than anything else LOL

Which means that the scene is overexposed, not that the lighting is brighter than at Death Valley.

Back