GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Roflwaffle, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Famine

Famine Administrator

Only people who read the announcement.

2. GT_Boss302

GT_Boss302

I have had a similar problem in GT6. I was doing a 500 pp race, but the first AI was pulling away from me. After I lost to him, I went to the replay and saw he was driving a McLaren MP412C!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  3. Thomas__633

Thomas__633 (Banned)

I made a race once with the Mazda 6 in Arcade and the field included a WRX STi, NSX and '03 Prius...

4. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

1. Theres a light on top of VIZIV tire to indicate the active suspension. You can see it lights more on dirtsnow tracks.

2. Gear indicator below the D on Mazda 2 '10 dashboard is wrong even when you install the non CVT 5 speed transmission. For some reason it will add numbers randomly regardless of gear.

3. GTR LM leader lights is obscured and not working. Exhaust is also didnt pop fire.

Rotorist likes this.
  5. jagenigma

jagenigma

The AMUSE Carbon R, it doesn't have headlights, yet again the AI was driving it in nightmasters Nurburgring 24HR like it did.

Rotorist, GTboyz, Neddo and 3 others like this.
  6. Think that's torque vectoring, not suspension.

This bugs me no end.

Rotorist likes this.
  7. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Not really an easter egg. Even the trailer pretty much describes these are there to show the active torque vectoring, not the suspension.

8. Its Vanilla

Its Vanilla

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but the VIN number for the 1970 AAR 'Cuda is BS23J0B280530. On the mymopar.com VIN decoder, that translates to the following.

Make: B - Plymouth Barracuda
    Price Class: S - Special, AAR 'Cuda
    Body Type: 23 - 2 Door Hardtop
    Drive Train: J - 340 290HP 2-2BBL 8 Cyl
    Model Year: 0 - 1970
    Assembly Plant: B - Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
    Sequence Number: 280530

There is no VIN on the 1970 Dodge Challenger.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  9. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

What does this have to do with GT6? :odd:

10. Its Vanilla

Its Vanilla

That's the VIN of the 1970 AAR 'Cuda that's in GT6. The VIN plate is at the bottom of the driver's side of the windshield.

11. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Ah OK. I see now :cheers:

12. TheLuigi755

TheLuigi755

Who knew these cars were THAT detailed?

KinLM, Rotorist, GTP_TLE152 and 14 others like this.
  13. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

I believe the same (though not in the same place) was done with the Lamborghini Aventador. Someone even found the picture of the actual car that was used.

14. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

Also, wasn't the Enzo used is owned by the Pope?

15. Whodoyouthink

Whodoyouthink

On the topic of that:
    "After the completion of the 399th Enzo, Ferrari built one more, to bring production to an even 400. This car, which would definitively be “the last,” was built not for any of the factory’s customers but as a gift for His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

One might expect a car built for a Pope to have unique features, and this Enzo does. It is finished in Rosso Scuderia, a color seldom seen on Enzos and one that was more commonly used for the Scuderia’s Formula One cars, making it instantly discernable as something special to the most passionate of tifosi from a distance. Furthermore, its rear spoiler was crafted of bare carbon fiber, which is a one-off feature that presents a wonderful contrast of color. The cockpit features an upper dashboard and steering wheel in Nero leather, as well as seats and lower dashboard in Cuoio leather. The seats have matched Cuoio-colored “Daytona” inserts, which is an option seen on only a handful of Enzos.

The car was intended to be gifted to Pope John Paul II by Montezemolo and other Ferrari executives at the Vatican in January 2005. While His Holiness thanked his visitors for such a generous gift, in typical humility, he suggested that they sell it on his behalf and donate the proceeds to the victims of a tsunami that had ravaged Southeast Asia just weeks before. Accordingly, the car was returned to Ferrari’s Maranello facility until the auction that was held there in June 2005. There it was sold, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to charity. Sadly, Pope John Paul II had passed away in April, but Ferrari honored their promise to him and returned to the Vatican to present his successor, Pope Benedict XVI, with a check of the sale funds for charity.

Following the auction, the car was destined for the United States, and it has remained here ever since. It has been only sparingly driven and kept in as-new condition, showing, at the time of cataloguing, only 179 kilometers from new and appearing as if it had just left the production line. It has been properly maintained mechanically throughout its life, with an annual service last performed by Ferrari of Central Florida in December 2014. Importantly, it comes with its original tool kit and the original set of manuals."
    - Source

Considering the bare carbon spoiler, among other minor details, I kind of doubt they modeled it off of that particular Enzo. It's not entirely unlikely, as changing textures and colors in modeling is far from impossible. But, knowing PD, they try their best to stick to what's in front of them.

A bit off topic, I know.

So, to contribute, I will ask, has anyone used the zoom glitch to view the Mclaren F1's BMW engine? And features around the wheels?

Seems like just about every premium car offers some hidden modeling to be discovered.

Rotorist and CallmeDan like this.
  16. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Nope, it's the Enzo made immediately before that one.

17. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Not exactly an Easter egg, but do you know that "Circuit de la Sierra" and "Circuit de la Sierra - Time Rally" is actually a different catalogue (same as Eiger with weather change to Eiger without it).

The latter has a time rally ornament, the former didnt have any.

(One is on the arcade, one is on special and seasonal events)

Rotorist, J24681357 and ToyGTone like this.
  18. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

How did you find it? I can't see it at all.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Gonna guess judging by my lack of success with the other premium Muscle cars that they don't have them at all.

19. Red_Bull_Pro

Red_Bull_Pro

Found someone with that rare TW flag. Extremely rare

20. jvale

jvale

The rear wiper on the Clio R.S. '11 actually works. So far it is the only car I've seen with a working rear wiper.

KinLM, k12power, Rotorist and 10 others like this.
  21. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

What is this madness!? Why have I not seen this before? Does the rear wiper activate when you press the default wiper button?

22. TheAnimeDude

TheAnimeDude

That sounds really awesome. Didn't even know.

jvale and ToyGTone like this.
  23. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

I beaten you all since a long time ago...
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-q-a.290986/page-39#post-9005984

I thought everyone already knew about that!? :eek: I posted that on 30th Nov. 2013...

And yes @Ameer67 both front and rear wipers works when you press the wiper button, no other button needed. ;)

KinLM, k12power, Rotorist and 8 others like this.
  24. Mini Countryman. Sure there's others

KinLM, k12power, Rotorist and 4 others like this.
  25. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Now that's the one I don't know about...:eek: yet I've started using them since may 2013...!

Grippy likes this.
  26. chzsln485

chzsln485

I've just noticed how similar the 6 in the Gran Turismo 6 logo is to the 6 that appears on the endplates of the Suzuki Escudo's rear wing.

Grippy, ToyGTone and mrnascar242424 like this.
  27. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Don't know if this has been mentioned but custom rear wings actually show the degree of angle depending on your downforce settings, not sure if it work's with stock rear wings.

Grippy, KinLM, k12power and 6 others like this.
  28. Dylan

Dylan Premium

Do they really? :confused: Got any pictures?

ToyGTone likes this.
  29. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Go & buy 2 of the same cheap cars, then add a custom rear wing to both, then set 1 with minimal downforce & the other with maximum downforce, you'll see a certain degree of angle on the high DF wing whereas the low DF wing will look almost flat in comparison.

I only noticed it the other day when I'd finished looking at 1 car in the garage then changed to a duplicate that I was going to sell, and because there's a delay on the car picture changing you see the rear wing reset into the new position :)

30. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Here's two Vitz RS 1.5 '07, one with minimal downforce and the other with maximum downforce...:

Minimal:

My Great Capture Screenshot 2015-09-20 22-00-21.png

Maximum:

My Great Capture Screenshot 2015-09-20 22-00-36.png

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    girabyt3, Noname0529, Grippy and 27 others like this.