GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I meant to post this discovery back in my GT5 days. I could not find a proper thread for GT5 easter eggs so I apologize for this small inconsistency. Also either notify me to delete this post or delete it entirely if this was an already uncovered secret.

I was and still am a fan of the Wangan Midnight series, both through the manga and the racing games. With that said, I made (with utmost unoriginality) to replicate and tune the Devil Z in Gran Turismo 5 as best as I could using the Nissan 240ZG.

As soon as the car was ready from the works, I decided to take it down Special Stage Route 7 with a one-make race in mind for thematic purposes. What was supposed to be an all-Z event turned out to be a terrifying realization.

From the starting point of the one-make up until the first left-hand turn, I had already made it to second position with relative ease. Though as soon as I reached the first section time, I was down by the pole AI of more than ten seconds. This gap grew further and further as the lap progressed. Before reaching the end of the first lap, the pole car recorded a gap of over one-minute to me. At that moment, I was at disbelief. My Z was tuned for power and specialized gear ratios for this specific purpose. It burned through all of the other Zs but why was it lagging behind?

I decided to back out from the race and look upon the line-up once more to check what car was being driven. (I apologize for the low phone quality.)
This is what I saw at first:
http://puu.sh/hV4PR/0676356ddb.jpg

I was still skeptical of how another Z could pull so far ahead in one lap against a dead-end build of a Devil Z. I clicked on the replay and I discovered the true nature:
http://puu.sh/hV4Q2/e0fea4be1b.jpg
I have had a similar problem in GT6. I was doing a 500 pp race, but the first AI was pulling away from me. After I lost to him, I went to the replay and saw he was driving a McLaren MP412C!

Last edited:
1. Theres a light on top of VIZIV tire to indicate the active suspension. You can see it lights more on dirtsnow tracks.

2. Gear indicator below the D on Mazda 2 '10 dashboard is wrong even when you install the non CVT 5 speed transmission. For some reason it will add numbers randomly regardless of gear.

3. GTR LM leader lights is obscured and not working. Exhaust is also didnt pop fire.

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but the VIN number for the 1970 AAR 'Cuda is BS23J0B280530. On the mymopar.com VIN decoder, that translates to the following.

Make: B - Plymouth Barracuda
Price Class: S - Special, AAR 'Cuda
Body Type: 23 - 2 Door Hardtop
Drive Train: J - 340 290HP 2-2BBL 8 Cyl
Model Year: 0 - 1970
Assembly Plant: B - Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Sequence Number: 280530

There is no VIN on the 1970 Dodge Challenger.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but the VIN number for the 1970 AAR 'Cuda is BS23JOB280530. On the mymopar.com VIN decoder, that translates to the following.

There is no VIN on the 1970 Dodge Challenger.
What does this have to do with GT6? :odd:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but the VIN number for the 1970 AAR 'Cuda is BS23JOB280530. On the mymopar.com VIN decoder, that translates to the following.

The VIN plate is at the bottom of the driver's side of the windshield.
Who knew these cars were THAT detailed?

Also, wasn't the Enzo used is owned by the Pope?
On the topic of that:
"After the completion of the 399th Enzo, Ferrari built one more, to bring production to an even 400. This car, which would definitively be “the last,” was built not for any of the factory’s customers but as a gift for His Holiness Pope John Paul II.

One might expect a car built for a Pope to have unique features, and this Enzo does. It is finished in Rosso Scuderia, a color seldom seen on Enzos and one that was more commonly used for the Scuderia’s Formula One cars, making it instantly discernable as something special to the most passionate of tifosi from a distance. Furthermore, its rear spoiler was crafted of bare carbon fiber, which is a one-off feature that presents a wonderful contrast of color. The cockpit features an upper dashboard and steering wheel in Nero leather, as well as seats and lower dashboard in Cuoio leather. The seats have matched Cuoio-colored “Daytona” inserts, which is an option seen on only a handful of Enzos.

The car was intended to be gifted to Pope John Paul II by Montezemolo and other Ferrari executives at the Vatican in January 2005. While His Holiness thanked his visitors for such a generous gift, in typical humility, he suggested that they sell it on his behalf and donate the proceeds to the victims of a tsunami that had ravaged Southeast Asia just weeks before. Accordingly, the car was returned to Ferrari’s Maranello facility until the auction that was held there in June 2005. There it was sold, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to charity. Sadly, Pope John Paul II had passed away in April, but Ferrari honored their promise to him and returned to the Vatican to present his successor, Pope Benedict XVI, with a check of the sale funds for charity.

Following the auction, the car was destined for the United States, and it has remained here ever since. It has been only sparingly driven and kept in as-new condition, showing, at the time of cataloguing, only 179 kilometers from new and appearing as if it had just left the production line. It has been properly maintained mechanically throughout its life, with an annual service last performed by Ferrari of Central Florida in December 2014. Importantly, it comes with its original tool kit and the original set of manuals."
- Source

Considering the bare carbon spoiler, among other minor details, I kind of doubt they modeled it off of that particular Enzo. It's not entirely unlikely, as changing textures and colors in modeling is far from impossible. But, knowing PD, they try their best to stick to what's in front of them.

A bit off topic, I know.

So, to contribute, I will ask, has anyone used the zoom glitch to view the Mclaren F1's BMW engine? And features around the wheels?

Seems like just about every premium car offers some hidden modeling to be discovered.

Not exactly an Easter egg, but do you know that "Circuit de la Sierra" and "Circuit de la Sierra - Time Rally" is actually a different catalogue (same as Eiger with weather change to Eiger without it).

The latter has a time rally ornament, the former didnt have any.

(One is on the arcade, one is on special and seasonal events)

That's the VIN of the 1970 AAR 'Cuda that's in GT6. The VIN plate is at the bottom of the driver's side of the windshield.

How did you find it? I can't see it at all.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Gonna guess judging by my lack of success with the other premium Muscle cars that they don't have them at all.

The rear wiper on the Clio R.S. '11 actually works. So far it is the only car I've seen with a working rear wiper.

What is this madness!? Why have I not seen this before? Does the rear wiper activate when you press the default wiper button?

That sounds really awesome. Didn't even know.
I beaten you all since a long time ago...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-q-a.290986/page-39#post-9005984

I thought everyone already knew about that!? :eek: I posted that on 30th Nov. 2013...

And yes @Ameer67 both front and rear wipers works when you press the wiper button, no other button needed. ;)

Don't know if this has been mentioned but custom rear wings actually show the degree of angle depending on your downforce settings, not sure if it work's with stock rear wings.
Do they really? :confused: Got any pictures?

Do they really? :confused: Got any pictures?
Go & buy 2 of the same cheap cars, then add a custom rear wing to both, then set 1 with minimal downforce & the other with maximum downforce, you'll see a certain degree of angle on the high DF wing whereas the low DF wing will look almost flat in comparison.

I only noticed it the other day when I'd finished looking at 1 car in the garage then changed to a duplicate that I was going to sell, and because there's a delay on the car picture changing you see the rear wing reset into the new position :)

Here's two Vitz RS 1.5 '07, one with minimal downforce and the other with maximum downforce...:

Minimal:

My Great Capture Screenshot 2015-09-20 22-00-21.png

Maximum:

My Great Capture Screenshot 2015-09-20 22-00-36.png

Last edited:
Back