GT6 FGTC CANCELLEDOpen 

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 384 comments
Yeah the start caught me off guard, I almost didn't get in Q in time. Anyways, good race guys. Immortal kicks my butt so brutally I've forgotten what its like to be on pace, I'm used to checking my mirrors at about half way usually to get lapped. :(

Did anybody else notice there was some lag in the room when the "replay" stopped recording, it caused me to spin out I think as I was mid corner when the screen stopped for about .5 sec! That's something V1.03 should iron out hopefully.

Flood- I will have to change the Op, the new system of quali changes things a little. Sorry u missed out but next week u can be on it.

Mustard- congrats. I saw a little lag at that time, the display went weird.

SM - well done team mate on a good finish. Let me know when the updated graphics are ready. Mustard is Ferrari with ferg.

I saw that Josh :lol:

I will continue the old ways with a race report! :D

Quali was alright, I opted for mediums as I was aiming for a 3 stopper and I couldn't get softs to last long enough. I was surprised just how fast Josh and Mustard were, the gap between me and pole was 1 second!

The start was very clean, I held my position till the end of the first lap when Josh spun out and took second. I managed to stay with Mustard for a lap but he put his foot down and disappeared. The next time I saw another car was when I was lapping people. I didn't have a hope in hell of catching Mustard, I'm pretty sure he was coasting for the whole race which is worrying. Plus if Josh was a tad more consistent he would have whooped my arse as well.

A good start to the season though :D

I can't believe I had a 1.03 with Mediums while I had my right rear on 6 and my left rear on 7. I could barely get 1.05 with all 8's/9's toward the beginning of the race. I also can't believe I went 20(decent) laps without a pit. I usually go in every 8-10(i'm horrible with worn tires).

I also have a question about changing tires. I couldn't change my tires when I entered the pit.

Yeah tires are always change-able, although the pit entry at Apricot was very fast and gave you very little time to make selection before you hit the stall.

I had to push quite hard during the first half of the race actually to be ahead of Pagey, later I found that going easier was probably faster as a whole because my front tires were melting when I drove fast. :lol: I'm hoping other tracks aren't as bad on the ol' rubber.

I noticed the finish was soon enough that I can double up for immortal's series, but barely. I really need that early finish, right where we finished today.

Times should be as they were tonight from now on now I know how efficient qualifying is.

OP updated with results and standings.

Sorry lads, something came up, I will be there next week I promise, I know how much you all missed me, but you will have to wait, all in good time.

Hope everyone had a good race though!

Sorry lads, something came up, I will be there next week I promise, I know how much you all missed me, but you will have to wait, all in good time.

Hope everyone had a good race though!
Hide and seek with cars though?

Race report time

Quali was an interesting new experience. I like the simplicity of it and how it shows everyones times just before the race. Adds to the excitement. My car was bogged down because it was literally brand new and I had not changed the oil on it. Rookie mistake being 50 bhp down. I feel I could have done better with that power. Start was very quiet with little incident apart from a little poke in Bretts behind (pun intended) I duelled with him for a while but I could last 3 laps longer than he could which was a deciding factor I think. I couldn't see people which was an issue (Pagey Sandman) which was odd. But all in all a tame race.

Not looking forward to Deep Forest. I hate that track nearly as much as GVS. Euurgh.

Well, monthly car meet at ASDA and then we went to play hide and seek in cars as it started raining.

My god ^

Ellis- I would appreciate it if you would steer clear of my behind!
I would kick him out for that bad an excuse. At least Flood's was excusable despite how much of a buffoon he was.

MAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM I NEED £8 FOR AN FGTTTTTTT

That's unheard of samurai. What did you try?

I have no clue. But my rears were on 6/7 and my fronts were 7/8 when I ran 1.03. The run was between 13-20 laps without a pit, which is fine with me, I hate pitting, but i have to when i'm bad with worn tires. The run was weird. after I stopped getting lapped every other lap, I started to get into a grove. I had 5 laps with all 1.03s and 1.04s(on tires that were 6,7,8)But after another 3 laps or so I started to spin, started to get lapped again, so I went to pit.

I have no clue. But my rears were on 6/7 and my fronts were 7/8 when I ran 1.03. The run was between 13-20 laps without a pit, which is fine with me, I hate pitting, but i have to when i'm bad with worn tires. The run was weird. after I stopped getting lapped every other lap, I started to get into a grove. I had 5 laps with all 1.03s and 1.04s(on tires that were 6,7,8)But after another 3 laps or so I started to spin, started to get lapped again, so I went to pit.

Don't worry about the tyre change this time.
I need to point something out about being lapped. You don't need to dive off the track when a +1 lap car is behind. Keep racing and allow them to pass in a safe place without causing yourself to crash. Your race is still your race!

Don't worry about the tyre change this time.
I need to point something out about being lapped. You don't need to dive off the track when a +1 lap car is behind. Keep racing and allow them to pass in a safe place without causing yourself to crash. Your race is still your race!
Yeah I second this, I felt bad for you having to dive out of the way like you were being shot at. Just move over to the other side of the track is all it takes! :)

I will have an hours practice tomorrow night if you want to join in.
Do we have to do deep forest though. I wonna do a proper race track with longer laps and such!

Plus Flood don't be going backwards on this track this time ;)

Well i guess that time is to late for me tonght but i suppose we can do a practice with brett tommorow and then another on friday, will probs be anytime after 2pm est on friday.

Brett what time you planning a practice for tomoz, that wednesday meetup time thing?

Well i guess that time is to late for me tonght but i suppose we can do a practice with brett tommorow and then another on friday, will probs be anytime after 2pm est on friday.

Brett what time you planning a practice for tomoz, that wednesday meetup time thing?

Practice about 7?

Latest Posts

Back