GT6: Microtransactions or Playing?

• Thread starter papaigergo
  • 51 comments

If you're want to buy a 20mil credit car, do you...

• PAY

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • PLAY

Votes: 87 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with all the useless poll posts? Are these all coming from the same person making different accounts? Anyways "micro transactions" are optional and haven't been pushed by PD at all. Its just given as an option instead of grinding. And there is a log in bonus as well so that's pretty much taken care of the problem of not getting enough credits early on.

hmm, did I click pay..? Well It was supposed to be play,
i_need_a_mulligan_fore_funny_golf_baby_bib.jpg

What's with all the useless poll posts? Are these all coming from the same person making different accounts? Anyways "micro transactions" are optional and haven't been pushed by PD at all. Its just given as an option instead of grinding. And there is a log in bonus as well so that's pretty much taken care of the problem of not getting enough credits early on.
No, 3 different man wroted

is this thread/poll for real? Microtransactions are only for rich lazy people.
Nothing like painting everyone with the same negative stereotype:tdown:👎

I needed a third option so I didn't vote. I'll never pay for credits, nor will I slog through an awful game just to "earn" fake money to buy fake cars. I did the sensible thing for me and waited for the inevitable money glitch, then stayed up for hours exploiting it and filled my garage with everything I wanted. Haven't touched offline since the first couple of days of the game.

As Johnny mentioned, many people who did the 20 million credit glitch when the game first came out could choose to do neither, as they have lots of 6 million credit cars piggy banked.

:D

Unless it's day one, and you want to try out a whole load of cars, anyone that pays would surely and up feeling like an idiot soon after. Do the Red Bull Standard tournament for a few hours at 200% login bonus or pay £120, not exactly a hard decision.

I used the credit glitch, then my consience got the better of me. I deleted my game and started again.

But I fell in love with some cars and therefore spend about 70€ on ingame credits.

Unless it's day one, and you want to try out a whole load of cars, anyone that pays would surely and up feeling like an idiot soon after. Do the Red Bull Standard tournament for a few hours at 200% login bonus or pay £120, not exactly a hard decision.
As said above, don't make blanket statements about everyone based on your own situation. Plenty of people here that make a lot of money and have very little spare time. That said, I never spent anything on GT credits. But if other people want to, no problem or judging from my side. 👍

As said above, don't make blanket statements about everyone based on your own situation. Plenty of people here that make a lot of money and have very little spare time. That said, I never spent anything on GT credits. But if other people want to, no problem or judging from my side. 👍

True, it's just that, even for microtransactions, they seem like an incredibly poor deal. £120 to buy the most expensive car in the game? Truly mad pricing.

Same. Since The Red Bull tournament came out I've been able to make just over 2 million cr. in about twenty minutes whenever I need it, which has made microtransactions seem quite redundant. That's around £15/19 euros worth.

I refuse to support micro transactions in any game. I earn everything in game. Even if it takes me 5 years. That's probably how long it will take me to get all the concept cars in GT6.

4 words,

Red Bull Standard Grinding.

3 Hours gives you a full 20 Million, that is if you have 200% bonus. So that means its not even reaching a day to get all the concept cars (even with that 20 mil 250 GTO).

Last edited:
No, I'll find his E-mail adress, and I'll send the poll's result.

Good luck finding (one of) his personal e-mail address(es).

In all seriousness though, the chances of this poll being acknowledged by him or anyone from PD are very low, they can easily gain data about GT microtransactions from PSN, which would be far more useful/relevant to them than a few dozen people on a fansite.

I dont know the price but if it takes me 3 hours to grind 20 millions with 200% bonus and it costs 10$ instead i'd choose 10$. Spending 3 hours grinding is to expensive for me.
I voted no because i dont know so a 3d option like maybe would be more correct for me. Im not sure i really want cars in that pricerange anyway and cost need to be ok, like max 10-15$

is this thread/poll for real? Microtransactions are only for rich lazy people.

This is a huge fallacy.

Microtransactions are for people that don't have enough time to grind. Its easy for people to say its for rich lazy folks because those that say it obviously have a lot more free time on their hands. Some people simply want to enjoy game content like others that have hours and hours every day to play games. Those "rich lazy people" may only have an hour per day or less to play and therefore willing to pay to enjoy the content that they don't have time to grind for hours each day. I have no problem with microtransactions because I'm one of those people with limited time these days. I'm not a teenager anymore, I have kids and a family yet I still enjoy games too. Why should I play a game and only be limited to a fraction of its content because I don't have as much time to play as someone else with nothing else to do but play? For those of you that claim microtransactions are for "rich lazy people", there will likely come a day when you feel differently, when you have other things that eat up your time. I'm fortunate I have money that I can spend on things like this when I want to, its not that I'm rich or lazy. I would love to have hours each day to play again like I did when I was a teenager but those days are gone, and life takes priority.

I haven't yet been able to figure out why microtransactions bother people. If you're one of those people that have hours each day to play games and earn whatever content you want, then do it, no one is forcing you to buy anything. The option is simply there for people that don't have that kind of time, nothing more.

Last edited:
Guys, don't fuel Nixxon's comment with attention. You're not gonna make him go "Oh, you're right, my comment was a bit of a silly exaggeration."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back