GT6 Replays: Post Them Here!

• Thread starter GTP_Denza
  • 473 comments
A couple of stock Dodge Rams vs a Spoon Civic with a 60% power limiter and a time disadvantage...

This is my first visit to this thread. How do you share your replays? I've heard that you must have a capture device, but is there an alternative? I have a lot of saved replays and I'd like to share a few. I thought this could be done through the Community option but could never find a real explanation of how except via the required capture device. I tried to set up my smart phone to record my replay but could not get a good position or stand/holder for my phone. I've looked at capture devices and there are quite expensive. If I had the money I'd use it to replace my wheel before I would use said funds for a capture device. Capture devices even on Ebay are still expensive. So is there any other way to share replays?

This is my first visit to this thread. How do you share your replays? I've heard that you must have a capture device, but is there an alternative? I have a lot of saved replays and I'd like to share a few. I thought this could be done through the Community option but could never find a real explanation of how except via the required capture device. I tried to set up my smart phone to record my replay but could not get a good position or stand/holder for my phone. I've looked at capture devices and there are quite expensive. If I had the money I'd use it to replace my wheel before I would use said funds for a capture device. Capture devices even on Ebay are still expensive. So is there any other way to share replays?
A capture device like I have is the best way to do a replay video of the race in full HD, and then I send it to YouTube.
Without a capture device people use a video camera or a phone.

@fordslaser, thanks for the reply.👍 I knew a capture device was needed. I tried with my phone, just haven't been able to make something to hold the phone far enough from my TV to get a good image. I have a Samsung Galaxy and the case has a kickstand but it makes a very strange angle and the video is not very good. I even tried sitting in my chair and holding the phone. I get maybe to clear laps and then it gets blurred. Do you know if you can save a replay to a PC and convert it to a MP4 type video? I have not tried that but I think the PS3 video has a different format.

@fordslaser, thanks for the reply.👍 I knew a capture device was needed. I tried with my phone, just haven't been able to make something to hold the phone far enough from my TV to get a good image. I have a Samsung Galaxy and the case has a kickstand but it makes a very strange angle and the video is not very good. I even tried sitting in my chair and holding the phone. I get maybe to clear laps and then it gets blurred. Do you know if you can save a replay to a PC and convert it to a MP4 type video? I have not tried that but I think the PS3 video has a different format.
As you said, the PS3 video has a different format so I think it can not be done that way .

Here is a race from my view. 425pp street cars, with racing soft tires. Fast and crazy. I run this room every night. See my signature.

Capture devices, while costly, have the advantage that they'll capture any HDMI content. Not just GT6, but any game, not just PS3, but any console or device which outputs HDMI.

So it's a long-term investment with a lot of applications

Hey everyone!

Here's a replay of a VW bus race - Sambabus Typ 2 (T1) '62 - I orchestrated online. Another one will come once I make a good edit. Hope you guys enjoy!

Last edited:
Back