GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
Just to be clear, I made this photo on the same track at the same conditions (just that its day so no flashlights) and I made it a little bit blurry just like the picture taken from trailer. I also wanted to take a closer look but due to the GT5 limit I couldnt. Honestly, I dont see a big diference between GT5 standard 2000GT and GT6 2000GT... We have to wait until we see some proper pictures from GT6

GT5:
884444_764545266895694_607979559_o.jpg

GT6:
s0om.jpg

^The difference is very obvious. You can clearly see the interior, separately modeled body panels, round rear view mirrors, every curved surface is smooth and has a lot more polys etc... Also in the comparison emula posted you can see the most obvious hint, as the headlights on the standard one are just a texture but they are modeled on the new one. It has definitely been remodeled to premium quality.

^The difference is very obvious. You can clearly see the interior, separately modeled body panels, round rear view mirrors, every curved surface is smooth and has a lot more polys etc... Also in the comparison emula posted you can see the most obvious hint, as the headlights on the standard one are just a texture but they are modeled on the new one. It has definitely been remodeled to premium quality.

alright but why are you so sure its "premium" now? it could be still just little bit improved "standard" from GT5, with adaptive tesselation :)

I'm not sure that adaptive tesselation will improve the standard car quality that much. Once again, if they look that close to premium car quality though (all of them), I'll eat my socks.

GT5 had a ghost car, maybe first generation KITT, no driver there. GT6 has lights and a driver. :)

Oh, and the license plate is more aerodynamic now.

alright but why are you so sure its "premium" now? it could be still just little bit improved "standard" from GT5, with adaptive tesselation :)

Because from what I know adaptive tessellation only adds more polys to certain areas, but on the car we see individually modeled body panels which don't have anything to do with tessellation. Also, as I said you can see textures replaced with actual modelling and finally the interior. For that amount of work it was surely easier just to remodel the car instead of tessellating the standard car and on top of that adding the same things they would to a premium.

So we know the 123 "new" cars are all premium. But then again, some "new" cars were upgraded ( a la Cizeta, Bentley Speed 8). So can they really be "new"? For argument's sake, let's say yes.

I got a feeling all the rest will be standards that simply look improved over their GT5 counterparts.

Because from what I know adaptive tessellation only adds more polys to certain areas, but on the car we see individually modeled body panels which don't have anything to do with tessellation. Also, as I said you can see textures replaced with actual modelling and finally the interior. For that amount of work it was surely easier just to remodel the car instead of tessellating the standard car and on top of that adding the same things they would to a premium.

The closer the point of an object is to you, the more polygons are displayed, usually in AT. But yes, I agree it seems areas that were once simply a texture now form part of the model.

Will the adaptive tessallation do anything for the standards? Or will that apply to the premiums only?
I doubt the engine could differentiate between types of car when rendering a scene.

I think what will happen is that the 'standards' (as they were once referred to) contain a much lower poly count than the 'premiums' so that the engine will be pretty much drawing them with the full poly count at most view positions.

It's really an optimisation method of have a nice looking, high poly count, model close up, without having the expense of drawing all the model as it gets further away from the camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're right and you convinced me that Toyota 2000GT is a premium;)

I see evidence pointing towards both sides. I'd say premium, because yes, it looks a lot more beefed up in the poly department and the door panel and that square thing (what is that actually?) in front of it looks to be individually moddeled. I'd say it could be a standard, first because you can do a lot with lightning and bump mapping to make 2D surfaces look 3D (and let's face it, PD are technical wizards, no doubt about that), and the fact that the interiors, as has been stated before, already had their surfaces modelled to a certain degree, which was obviously visible in the blacked out interiors. That and the fact they stated there will be simplified interiors, which could be taken as being the same blacked out interiors (in which case it's definitely premium), or rather what it actually said, simplified.

The point stating that PD only uses their highest quality models is moot, though. One can obviously see that the trailers are pre-baked renderings, and even though it's propably running on the GT6 engine, it's still miles away from how the game looks (for as far as I know, PD has always done this) in reality. The resolution has been beefed up, there's no aliasing to be seen (waiting for Samus to throw in a screenshot proving me wrong :lol: I dare you mate!), it's riddled with colour, HDR and blur filters and whatnot that are absolutely not possible in such an amount on the PS3. Therefore none of the cars, being premium or standard, are representative of their final looks.

Actually, this car did come with an Automatic transmission. In fact, 1,614 of the 2734 were sold with Automatic Transmissions.

I still think it's a surprise that they included an automatic version when clearly manual ones exist. I guess they just couldn't get their hands on one, but the implications will be very strange in GT6 since all normal cars are manual (other than a bunch that are locked automatics), regardless of choosing AT/MT. So what happens when you shift gears? Does the driver do nothing or does he pretend to shift the stick like it's a manual? Or more importantly will this car be in "D" gear the entire time? That'd make it a pretty terrible car to drive, frankly.

Just to be clear, I made this photo on the same track at the same conditions (just that its day so no flashlights) and I made it a little bit blurry just like the picture taken from trailer. I also wanted to take a closer look but due to the GT5 limit I couldnt. Honestly, I dont see a big diference between GT5 standard 2000GT and GT6 2000GT... We have to wait until we see some proper pictures from GT6

GT5:

GT6:
s0om.jpg

I also want to note that, while I see a difference in quality, it's not that shocking. My point: I care more about interiors than the exterior of the cars because I mostly drive, and preferably from the cockpit (I get the importance for photomode and replay people though). Apart from a few exceptions here and there (the old Aston Martin V8 Vantage comes to mind), I didn't mind the quality of standards one bit. Not that I'm not dissapointed with standards returning unpremiumized, but that's what we'll get for now. Guess I'll just have to...deal with it!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Sorry, that joke was lame...

I see evidence pointing towards both sides. I'd say premium, because yes, it looks a lot more beefed up in the poly department and the door panel and that square thing (what is that actually?) in front of it looks to be individually moddeled. I'd say it could be a standard, first because you can do a lot with lightning and bump mapping to make 2D surfaces look 3D (and let's face it, PD are technical wizards, no doubt about that), and the fact that the interiors, as has been stated before, already had their surfaces modelled to a certain degree, which was obviously visible in the blacked out interiors. That and the fact they stated there will be simplified interiors, which could be taken as being the same blacked out interiors (in which case it's definitely premium), or rather what it actually said, simplified.

Well, I honestly can't see it as anything other than a premium. I really don't think it's just bump mapping. We'll see though :).

I still think it's a surprise that they included an automatic version when clearly manual ones exist. I guess they just couldn't get their hands on one, but the implications will be very strange in GT6 since all normal cars are manual (other than a bunch that are locked automatics), regardless of choosing AT/MT. So what happens when you shift gears? Does the driver do nothing or does he pretend to shift the stick like it's a manual? Or more importantly will this car be in "D" gear the entire time? That'd make it a pretty terrible car to drive, frankly.

This already happened in GT5, Mustang GT premium is an auto, there's no driver gear changing animation when driven in manual mode. I did fixed that through hybriding, but the animation still limited to just touching the gear shifter :lol: I hope they fixed the premium mustang in GT6 and won't repeat the same mistake.

The Nissan Exa in the background of this picture is proof that standards will be virtually the same in GT6 as they were in GT5.

The 2000GT is very obviously a premium. I can't even believe there is a debate about whether it is or not. Surely you'd all be able to spot the difference after three years? :-/

The Nissan Exa in the background of this picture is proof that standards will be virtually the same in GT6 as they were in GT5.

The 2000GT is very obviously a premium. I can't even believe there is a debate about whether it is or not. Surely you'd all be able to spot the difference after three years? :-/
How is that proof? You can hardly see the car, it's impossible to see details on it.

Hey, is it just me or the GT Arena is a "15" took as a reference of GT 15th anniversary?

http://gyazo.com/2ce2eca909c6e9680289fbe92289f747
It's shaped like the letters GT (look at the track logo on the screen)

How is that proof? You can hardly see the car, it's impossible to see details on it.
The windows are completely blacked-out, like current standards. Apart from that, they just wouldn't have the time in three years to update the bodywork to near-premium quality.

GT5:

GT6:
s0om.jpg

They converted it to premium and the standard model is not too shabby as well. If they did this upgrade to say 100 more then I will be pleasantly surprised

Back