GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
What we are seeing is essentially the "final game", the track list is unlikely to change at this stage. Why would it change? It might, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about seeing a different set of real world circuits on December 6th.

Call it speculation if you like, but I'm calling it like I see it, identifying the good and the bad at this late stage.
The game is most likely finished, the only thing that needs to be done is get all the copies ready for launch.

If they are updating tracks, I'd hope they could at least update the road course layout of Indianapolis. Shoot, they'd have to do it twice since the new Indycar layout was finished this week. (off to the wish list thread!) :lol:
I'm pretty sure I saw the Indy circuit on that German video and it looked like it was the new layout, without the 2 slow hairpins of gt5 I mean. I could be wrong, but maybe someone who is better at doing these things than me can get a still of it from the video and we can see! :D

I read that the game had to be ready TODAY..the 20th Nov to be sent to manufacturing so as to make the Dec 6 Release date.

It was in a thread here a week or so ago...someone that works at a gamestore said a rep of some type told them.
Not sure how creditable this is though.

I'm pretty sure I saw the Indy circuit on that German video and it looked like it was the new layout, without the 2 slow hairpins of gt5 I mean. I could be wrong, but maybe someone who is better at doing these things than me can get a still of it from the video and we can see! :D

I looked at the video, and it's hard to tell. I'm leaning toward it being the same as GT5 though.

It's the GT5 version:

0kOmL6U.jpg

Given how late the announcement of the new Indycar configuration was (and its completion), I doubt they had enough time to put that in. They still could've done something with the old layout though as that chicane is history.

I can't help but question PD's priorities with this one. The 2009 and 2013 La Sarthe courses are exactly the same in terms of layout, the differences will only be trackside and cosmetic. It's a duplicate, plain and simple. I don't understand why PD would remodel/update a course they already had in high quality instead of, say, updating a PS2 era model of a course like Laguna Seca or modeling something new like the already half-modeled Bugatti Circuit. As it looks now, PD give us two Le Mans courses with weather/time change (that are exactly the same) but no weather/time change on chicane-less versions of La Sarthe and no Bugatti Circuit. It's maddeningly incomprehensible.
Totally agree with the Laguna Seca being very outdated. They really need to put in the red raised "sausage strips" at the apexes and fix the area between 7 and 10... There is no pit at the bottom of the corkscrew and it's all downhill till 11... And the extra 20 feet of paved run off in turn 2.

That being said, they do have major details right like the off camber exit of 10 and the rise from 6-7 with its undulation, and that its generally a slippery track compaired to most.

I race that track quite frequently so I'm especially sensitive to it...

The majority of the circuit was repaved (their public roads). Arnage corner is much different in terms of run off area. The gravel is gone and theres an access /run off road on the short straight between said corner out of Indianapolis. Not to mention the new Michelin pit board race position sign.
Nice catch :D what changed from '09 to '13? Arnages gravel pit got paved, anything else?

You're quick, @J-KiLLA24. :) Here's the replay as well:

Thanks, just happened to refresh my subscriptions page and saw the that the video uploaded 57 seconds ago :P

Always appreciate the vids J 👍

Hopefully those flickering shadows will cease to exist when the game launches. Other than that I'm liking those replay angles, especially the one @ around 1:18

Last edited:
Back