GT6 Tune Directory (Index of Every Tune!!)

• Thread starter XS
  • 881 comments
XS
Hey guys, I have a few important announcements.
First off, now that GTP's very own Tuning Database is up and running smooth, @Jordan would like to see everyone submit and maintain their tunes there. In a PM he suggested that after the Database is up and running smoothly, that I could reach out to you guys and ask you to please start submitting and maintaining tunes there. Obviously, I think it's a great idea and I see it being a powerful feature in the future. Jordan also pointed out that only one person maintaining a database is a heck of a workload for them, which leads me into my next announcement.
I have been blessed with a job offer in Downtown Denver and of course I accepted it. That means for the next couple weeks I have to work 2 jobs. Thus I will not be updating my tune directory during that time and will most likely only be on GTP for a couple minutes here and there to chat and get my daily lol of the Funny Pictures thread. Lastly I guess I should mention that it is my intention to keep my directory active and updated for a while into the future. I still think you should submit your tunes to the GTP Tuning Database, but I will still be updating as well, not only to help users keep up on current tunes during the switch over, but also to have a place for tunes to live which were posted outside of GTP's Tuning Database.
I'd also like to thank each and every one of you for making my stay at GTPlanet a fun and memorable one, especially for just a newbie junior member as myself. You guys have made GT5 and GT6 a much better, more fun game for literally tens of thousands of players, world wide!
@praiano63, @DigitalBaka, @Motor City Hami, @Jump_Ace, @DolHaus, @CyKosis1973, @ich122, @shmogt, @Dagger311, @feydrautha, @Thorin Cain, @Dirty_Duck, @TurnLeft, @xande1959, @DriftinAssassin, @shaunm80, @Gino Caberlin, @Jakedog23, @oppositelock,
I am really happy for you my friend, do try to get a little sleep once in a while, and take some vitamins too, and most of all enjoy the challenge and rewards it brings you. I will post to you the new sheets soon (just bought the 2010 edition), well as soon as I learn the new stuff you can do. Take care, live wild, have fun, and enjoy the ride.:cheers:

Hi @XS. Hope you are well and enjoying the new job!

Just wondering, what were our last tunes in your directory? We've added a few more recently(ish) I'll send the links to the new ones later if you could let me know.

Cheers.

I have no idea what the last ones I updated were. When I go to update I will click into your thread and go to first unread post. I don't wanna do that until I'm ready to update so that way I won't lose track of my progress from two weeks ago. So don't worry about it this time, but thanks for the consideration!

Welcome back XS. Hope the new job is going well and your feeling healthy. I imagine working two jobs is quite exhausting! I apologise in advance as Ive been busy later creating lots of tunes for FITT, Seasonals and my own garage ones.

Hey XS, not sure if you are still at it, do appreciate all the hard work you have put in. If you are still sifting thru and adding to the directory, would you mind added my tunes. They can be found here. Thanks. Hope the new job is treating you good.

XS
Thanks man! I'm actually starting a new mixed schedule (I never know when I'm going to work) which kinda sucks, but should give me more time to catch the directory up. I plan on doing a lot of updating this weekend too, so hopefully by next week I'll be completely caught up.
Eww on demand scheduleing as I call it, almost as bad as on call.
Good to hear your new employment is going well.

XS
Thanks man! I'm actually starting a new mixed schedule (I never know when I'm going to work) which kinda sucks, but should give me more time to catch the directory up. I plan on doing a lot of updating this weekend too, so hopefully by next week I'll be completely caught up.
I've just finished a job like that. On call casual. Don't ring me, I'll ring you. It would be great if you could be in your uniform if I do ring & don't plan anything in case I do ring......:yuck:

Just an FYI, I don't know what to do with the directory now that camber affects the driving physics. I want to wait a while and see how tuners react and how camber affects the game before I throw away 2000+ tunes.

XS
Just an FYI, I don't know what to do with the directory now that camber affects the driving physics. I want to wait a while and see how tuners react and how camber affects the game before I throw away 2000+ tunes.
I dunno how the page you have works fully but could you "archive" them with a pre 1.09 notation? The tunes still work as is with little difficultly so they are still valid.

I dunno how the page you have works fully but could you "archive" them with a pre 1.09 notation? The tunes still work as is with little difficultly so they are still valid.
I haven't actually downloaded the update yet, so I'm glad to hear that. I was thinking along those lines too. I will probably archive them regardless at this point. Fresh pages will help the load times for those on slower connections, and with tuners gaining great experience, most tunes on the new pages will be better than the older tunes anyway. At least that's my experience in testing tunes so far.

XS
I haven't actually downloaded the update yet, so I'm glad to hear that. I was thinking along those lines too. I will probably archive them regardless at this point. Fresh pages will help the load times for those on slower connections, and with tuners gaining great experience, most tunes on the new pages will be better than the older tunes anyway. At least that's my experience in testing tunes so far.
I haven't done the update either so everything still applies to me.
When you say archive, will the tunes still be available through your directory?
Are you going to start another directory for post 1.09 tunes to access seperately?

Are you going to start another directory for post 1.09 tunes to access seperately?
@XS That's an idea right there. copy the base page code into a new directory re title the old one 1.08 and older and go, that way they are all still around easy to get to and the 1.09 ones are easy to locate. Any tuner that set u p cars with camber pre 1.09 could PM you the links to the tunes that needed no modification.

Yeah, something along those lines. Literally, I may just take the pages off the navigation bar on the site, replace them with the new pages, and add the old ones as links on the main page. Everything will still look the same, it's just re-organizing the site map. If I encounter issues with the site as a whole getting too big I'll just make two sites.

XS
Yeah, something along those lines. Literally, I may just take the pages off the navigation bar on the site, replace them with the new pages, and add the old ones as links on the main page. Everything will still look the same, it's just re-organizing the site map. If I encounter issues with the site as a whole getting too big I'll just make two sites.
As someone that's still on 1.07, this has been my 'go to' page for EVERY tune since I got GT6 & your directory became active.

So much appreciation :bowdown:

Hi XS,
I have a new tune that I modified from Mr."P"s Lotus 111R tune. He is OK with me publishing it a long as he gets mentioned. I don't know how to link to other pages but I can direct you to the tune, in the thread in the tuning forum, "1.09 update physics changes" page 13, report #370.
My tunes can be published in "Team Viejo"
I only have one tune already in there, the Shelby Daytona, but I have a new improved tune for that car under 1.09 also. Maybe you could explain how I could do that??
Thank you for all your work,
Cheers, Mustangxr

Hey, just a quick update. So I attempted to build my own site, which didn't rely on Google in any way and after much, much frustration, I just scrapped it today. I saved what I could and I launched a new GT6 Directory which has not been published yet as I am still formatting the tune spreadsheets. This directory, like suggested earlier, will be for game version 1.09 and later. The old directory will be archived but still accessible. I hope to have the new directory up by the end of the week. I know that sounds like a long way off, but that's realistic due to my schedule. Cheers!

XS
Hey, just a quick update. So I attempted to build my own site, which didn't rely on Google in any way and after much, much frustration, I just scrapped it today. I saved what I could and I launched a new GT6 Directory which has not been published yet as I am still formatting the tune spreadsheets. This directory, like suggested earlier, will be for game version 1.09 and later. The old directory will be archived but still accessible. I hope to have the new directory up by the end of the week. I know that sounds like a long way off, but that's realistic due to my schedule. Cheers!
Hey XS,

Sorry it didn't go to plan but I really appreciate the effort you've put into making life easier for your fellow inhabitants of GTPlanet.
I'm really glad the old directory will still be available. It's my 'go to' when looking for tunes.
The new directory for 1.09 & later sounds exciting too. I look forward to it's debut.
Many, many thanks :bowdown: 👍 :)

Hi XS,
This is a remarkable idea you have had, and I've been using it for a while to help tweak my cars.

The one thing I'd like to see is an addition of the 'tune of the week' / 'difficult cars section', I find the submissions for these very interesting, not least because of the discussion between tuners that it creates. If you could have a quick reference to the past competitions on your database that would make me a very fulfilled man indeed!

What are your thoughts on this, would it be possible to implement?

Cheers!
RB

Hi XS,
This is a remarkable idea you have had, and I've been using it for a while to help tweak my cars.

The one thing I'd like to see is an addition of the 'tune of the week' / 'difficult cars section', I find the submissions for these very interesting, not least because of the discussion between tuners that it creates. If you could have a quick reference to the past competitions on your database that would make me a very fulfilled man indeed!

What are your thoughts on this, would it be possible to implement?

Cheers!
RB
LOL, why have I not thought of this yet?! Certainly I think it's a good idea to include a link to the difficult cars threads! Thank you for your idea! I'm glad you use the directory and that it's helpful. Oh, in all fairness, the idea originally came from Adrenaline, who had his own directory for GT5. Anyway, I don't think I'll do a 'car of the week' segment due to time constraints. I have thought about it though but I just think I would end up neglecting it. If that's something you would like to do, I would include the links in the directory. Cheers!

Hey, just wanted to throw this out there. If you have been using the GTP Tuning database, I have not been including your tunes in the directory as well. I don't think that's necessary and I think Jordan wanted the GTP database to come first. If you would like me to include your tunes in the directory as well as the GTP Tune Database, no problem, just send me a PM asking me to do so :). Cheers!

vauxhall corsa 1.4 '01

all upgrades except nos
oil change

tyres sport soft, racing hard and racing soft.
ride height 133/133
spring rate 4.63/3.32
dc 6/6
de 7/5
arb 2/4
camber 0.0/0.0
toe -0.11/-0.09
brakes 4/6

transmission
reset to default
final gear to 4.750
top speed to 112
high gear max
final gear to 3.100
1st 3.100
2nd 2.256
3rd 1.701
4th 1.338
5th 1.091
set final gear to 2.700

lsd. 6/18/6

let me know if anyone can make the transmission better. or any other adjustments. i made the car for nurburgring nordschleife..

gt6 ver 1.11

vauxhall corsa 1.4 '01

all upgrades except nos
oil change

tyres sport soft, racing hard and racing soft.
ride height 133/133
spring rate 4.63/3.32
dc 6/6
de 7/5
arb 2/4
camber 0.0/0.0
toe -0.11/-0.09
brakes 4/6

transmission
reset to default
final gear to 4.750
top speed to 112
high gear max
final gear to 3.100
1st 3.100
2nd 2.256
3rd 1.701
4th 1.338
5th 1.091
set final gear to 2.700

lsd. 6/18/6

let me know if anyone can make the transmission better. or any other adjustments. i made the car for nurburgring nordschleife..

gt6 ver 1.11
very nice indeed.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R-Type A (FD) 2002 550pp Nurburgring Tune-Up

All upgrades (except nos)

Suspension:

Ride Height: 90 (Front), 100 (Rear)
Spring Rate: 7.10, 9.15
Dampers (Compression): 2, 3
Dampers (Extension): 3, 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 6, 4
Camber Angle: 1.5, 4.0
Toe Angle: -0.25, 0.20

Transmission:

After-market 6 speed (290 km/h)
Triple Plate Clutch
Customizable LSD: 11, 35, 16

Engine:

All power upgrades with limiter at 58.5% (produces 381 BHP)
No Down-force
All weight upgrades (1039 Kilograms)

This was made for Nurburgring Nordschleife, and with racing hards achieved a 6:58. something with 3 major mistakes while using a DS3 controller. A better driver could easily get a sub-6:55.000 or better.

(I threw this whole thing together with only 3 laps of the track, so don't expect perfection)

Guys, please don't post tunes in this thread. Make a new thread for the tune or add it to GTP's tunes page. Cheers

Back