GT6: Two years old.

What was your favorite part about GT6?

• Total voters
Canada
???
SonicCharmeleon
Well, it's been a rollercoaster so far, with many new additions, such as course maker/track path editor, as well as new tracks, sierra, mid field. but out of those two years, what is/was your favorite part about the game. :gtpflag:

When PoDi dropped the new Red Bull X Prototypes, I was stoked for weeks. Hot-lapped every course in the game with each of them (even the Junior is amazing amounts of fun), even as new courses rolled out; with the Track Path Editor, I've got an endless supply of high-speed courses for hot-lapping, albeit a little bland...

The Senna Tribute was wonderful, too. Everyone gawked about the cars and the courses but the presentation really shined to me. Was nicely done.

Other than those two things, I enjoy the new Vision Gran Turismo cars that get released. You never know how they're going to drive, especially those radical SRT Tomahawks. Otherwise, car collecting was killed when I caught wind of the AMG VGT resell glitch; grinding in the early days of the game was destitution, but nowadays it's too easy to rack up on Credits...

All in all, hot-lapping is what I (still) enjoy most in GT6. Have never really played online and perhaps never will be active on the online scene, shoddy connections, mixed bag of players, all that stuff. GT6 is still lacking some features GT5 had, like Arcade Mode tire and fuel consumption; here's hoping they drop in the features before the game loses support.

I have two favorite parts about GT6
  1. GT6 version 1.01 money glitch
Funny, that's the thing that made the game bearable to me too. Without the money glitch I probably would have given up on the game pretty early. Not having to play mindless Seasonals and Career Mode just to get to the online racing and tuning was a monumental time saver.

GT6 is far from the perfect game, but online leagues, dirty racing and seasonal events still keep me entertained. While GT5 to me was better, I have advanced more as a player in GT6 which has been a fun and worthwhile experience.

The decently executed online mode is the only thing that brings me back to the game. I would've moved on long ago if it wasn't as good as it is now.

On an unrelated note, I hope our disappointment with the single player part of GT5 and 6 will be brought up whenever there may be a chance to interview Kaz. It'd be best to hear it from GTPlanet since we're pretty representative of how every GT player feels about the series' direction.

Apart the obvious things, I would add the Vision GT program to the list. Even if some of the cars are ridiculous and doesn't have an interior, they are marking and teasing the future of motorsport, with a big GT stamp on it, that's what joys my heart everytime I play it ♥

Not been on GT6 in like 2 months, but Online Lobbies did it for me. If there was no Stockyard:banghead::banghead: I would probably still be fully active on GT6 right now collecting cars and the Career would of been my favourite to grind money. VGT Programme is good, but the time of the VGT release dates I truly hate. I have low patience, but I loved the "Unique" ideas that the creators came up with. Different to a lot of different racing games out there. :cheers:

I played GT5 until the servers shut down because of fun things like shuffle racing and the hours of tuning and such that went into getting cars right. Not to mention endurance racing and the fun that brought.

Gt6 on the other hand I played from release to the mid part of last year. It just disappointed over and over with the missing or late features and broken handling such as ride height and cambet not working in any way that you'd expect.

Two years into GT5 it was a completely different feel than two years into GT6. Gt5 was bringing life while gt6 is decaying slowly

GT6 is an amazing game, but very very focussed on the online mode, as the offline career mode is extremely short, PD should have done better on this part. However when you can race online with other good players, there's no AI that can match that, its not even close. Clubs/Community and online lobbies have unlimited fun. Also the track creator has been a bit of a let down but still providing great entertainment. Shame that you cant change the track in a lobby if its custom.
But overall a great great game, lots and lots of fun, and I'll be very sad the day they shut down the servers

I bought GT6 for the online lobbies. I only played the game enough to get online.

I would have voted for the Track Path Editor too, but not being able to change tracks in online lobbies makes it nearly useless.

Free driving for all favourite cars is one big think for Gran Turismo series. I really like long races, 24 hour of lemans, 1000km suzuka, offline all works fine for long races, but need only better AI.
Maybe i little hate this new style for GT - all is and come to online. Is offline races too "oldschool"? Maybe better AI and this is great game!

Back