GT6: Two years old.

What was your favorite part about GT6?

• Total voters
That sounds like my idea of absolute torture. I mean sure, just driving can be fun, but 23k at Suckuba? :nervous:

Honestly, I didn't know I had that much distance , time sure flies :lol: I spent most of them tuning suspension and LSD often more than 50 laps at a time ( session ) Step by step from spring to ARB to damper to alignment and ride height, LSD in between ( learned it from real life experience )

My total distance is close to 110k, so Tsukuba is close to a quarter of that. I have thousands km at Nordschleife, Bathurst, Spa, Silverstone ( maybe close to 4k ), Red Bull Ring, Willow Springs ( close to 8k maybe ), Ascari, Motegi, Fuji, Suzuka, Nurburgring GP, Midfield ( about 4k ), Apricot Hill, Eiger, SSR5, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. I think I spread them about 1k to 10k distance ( 5k average perhaps ) I do drive other tracks not listed, but not much and of those listed, some of them are secondary tuning/testing tracks ( Bathurst, Willow, Apricot Hill, Midfield, SSR5 )

23k, that is about 11+k laps at Tsukuba :scary:

Of the 200,000+ km I have driven, half of that is thanks to Daytona, with Nurburgring being 2nd.

200k :eek: How did you find time to rack up those distance ?

My daughter just turned 10 and had an interest in driving with Daddy. I set her up with my old DFGT and wheel stand and told her that she has to pass these tests in order for me to race her.

She buckled down and knocked them out. Got a few golds along the way too.

IMHO, GT6 has been the worst of all GT games. But, sitting in my living room with my daughter, who is enjoying the drive, has been hands down the best part of GT6 for me. The torch has been passed.

Cheers,
Boston77

GT6's career mode bored me to tears. The only redeeming thing the game had going for it, to me, was the Senna update. Didn't bother much with the game after that and haven't played it in well over a year now.

I may come off as a bit of an oddball here, but here goes...

I know it's an anathema* to many here, but I really liked Vision Gran Turismo. Seeing what manufacturers could come up with was quite treat. It's a shame we didn't get to see all of them. *Definition

The inclusion of the Goodwood Hill climb track I thought was great too. A short but challenging track, and the special events featuring it were one of my favorite parts of GT6.

The coffee breaks were something I enjoyed too, though I've always had a strange delight in knocking over and/or launching cones. :D

Quick matches. I've learned more about driving in quick matches than any other part of the game.

Only the expert events though. None of that boost rubbish.

Other: Glitching to get all the cars. Sadly that was the highlight for me with this 3 month game.

Jerome

Overall I had a a lot more fun with GT6 than I did with GT5. Here are some of the things I like about GT6.

•User interface is fantastic!
•Standards can be brought to photo travel
•Standards can be purchased at any time in the new car dealerships
•No longer have to wait for a standard car to enter the rotation in the used car dealership like in GT5.
•2 cars can be taken to photo travel at the same time
•3d has been added to GT6
•Improved physics
•Many standard cars have had graphical improvements
•Paint chips have been handled much better in GT6
•Mount Panarama (Bathurst)
•Car rewards are more enjoyable
•Wheel selection and wheel purchase interface
•Weather driving
•Night driving
•Rally driving
•Rear spoiler customization
•Online lobby system that allows you to test and tune your cars while waiting for the race to start
•1,200+ cars to pick from
•Moving aero body parts
•A great variety of tracks to pick from
•GT Vision
•Coffee break
•Opening cinematic trailer

Overall I enjoyed GT6. It was WAY better than GT5 IMO. 👍

All the usual GT stuff that I like doing, plus I voted for:

VGT's - Contentious issue, but to me concept cars are a part of automotive culture that deserves representation.
TPE - Owing to time constraints I really haven't used it as much as I'd hoped though.
Other - for me the MoTeC export was a huge feature.

I'd like the 'career' mode to have more character next time round, and I don't really care about about online.

Seasonals. Thats it.

VGT and that sort of extra content has been too sporadic for me to put my hopes up.

The fact that it was my first GT with wheel, clutch and gear shift, so driving was such good fun. And the Cr.50,000,000 ( or whatever the amount was for the car ) glitch, which was a godsend to people such as myself who cannot bare the thought of grinding, just to buy a car i might just drive the once and hate :) I am absolutely unapologetic in my joy for cheating to collect things that have been made an absolute dire misery to get, just so PD could try and sell us credits via macro-transactions. I am thinking that maybe SONY pushed PD in that direction and Kaz got one of the devs to secretly glitch the game and leak the bug out so everyone could have the chance to get those credits for free :lol: OH!...and Mount Panarama (Bathurst) and the fact they didn't take out Nurb.

Overall I had a a lot more fun with GT6 than I did with GT5. Here are some of the things I like about GT6.

•User interface is fantastic!
•Standards can be brought to photo travel
•Standards can be purchased at any time in the new car dealerships
•No longer have to wait for a standard car to enter the rotation in the used car dealership like in GT5.
•2 cars can be taken to photo travel at the same time
•3d has been added to GT6
•Improved physics
•Many standard cars have had graphical improvements
•Paint chips have been handled much better in GT6
•Mount Panarama (Bathurst)
•Car rewards are more enjoyable
•Wheel selection and wheel purchase interface
•Weather driving
•Night driving
•Rally driving
•Rear spoiler customization
•Online lobby system that allows you to test and tune your cars while waiting for the race to start
•1,200+ cars to pick from
•Moving aero body parts
•A great variety of tracks to pick from
•GT Vision
•Coffee break
•Opening cinematic trailer

Overall I enjoyed GT6. It was WAY better than GT5 IMO. 👍
I'm with you man! :cheers:

Collecting cars, tuning cars, testing cars, timed laps and just loving the scenery and the graphics. I rarely race with opponents in GT6.

I voted for:

• VGT
  • Track Path Editor
  • Community Section
  • Seasonal Events
  • Car Collecting
  • Other

I think VGT was a great collaboration. No complaints.

Track Path Editor is a lot of fun and I don't see myself tiring of it for quite some time. Yeah, it has limitations and was delivered way past its due date, but I'm generally pleased.

Community Section was a good addition even if I don't use it as often as I'd like. It's still too difficult to find active like minded players online.

Seasonal Events were pretty good even though they're basically the same formula from week to week. Good way of trying out different cars and earning a lot of credits. There were some great Seasonals but then there are the Drift Seasonals that I've never even attempted.

Car collecting has always been a big part of the GT series for me, and I can finally say that I've collected just about all the cars I want (around 1100 of them). Have I driven them all yet? Not even close.

"Other": Moon, Senna, Sierra, Goodwood, and photomode can be grouped into this category. MoTec was another feature that was a good addition even though I still haven't fully taken advantage of its features.

All in all GT6 was a good entry into the GT series, and I'm sure I'll continue to play it even for a while yet. GTSport and the other PS4 titles still haven't really enticed me. The day will come, but for now I'm happy with my old gen GT6.

The driving experience, still the most authentic out there, other games are only now getting it after 5 years and a whole new generation (GT5 was the breakthrough, GT6 only expanded upon that).

I used to play GT6 fairly regularly up until about 3 months ago. At a certain point, I amassed all of the cars I wanted, got enough credits to buy anything in the game I pleased, golded the licenses and all of the extra challenges... And then I realized that without the time to go online and race regularly, GT6's career mode was a bust and the most fun I had was racing online.

20151211_011311.jpg
Click for larger pitcure!

Yes. 2 years and i got 797 replays! Only 10 percent are downloaded replays. Average of all replays are 5 minutes!

Surprised at the people that enjoyed glitching haha. I was without a ps3 for a while, and now the money seems much easier to come by. Having said that, there was no greater feeling for me personally in GT6 than buying my Jaguar XJ13. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment that a cheater will never experience. And makes you appreciate the car more

The only thing I really do in this game is tune cars and work on my racing line, then try to beat others online with relatively crappy cars that I made run faster. The physics and the fact I can play against others make it fun, but the game itself is really not that good. Singleplayer, tuning options not being available for every car, camber being weird, the online physics being modeled differently than the offline ones etc... it all kind of leaves me wanting more, makes me think the game really wasnt that good.

I played and enjoyed GT6 regularly until my PS3 died and I switched to the PS4 :)

For me the best bit of Gran Turismo remains car collecting, I love taking each new car out on the Nordschleife (CS tyres, stock). Sadly Assetto Corsa's laser scan has lessened the joy of the very-accurate-but-just-slightly-less-awesome GT6 version, and as AC adds more road cars I can enjoy my favourite pastime there instead of Gran Turismo, so I don't miss GT6 much.

I will buy GT Sport at release, of course. Hopefully play beta too.

Surprised at the people that enjoyed glitching haha. I was without a ps3 for a while, and now the money seems much easier to come by. Having said that, there was no greater feeling for me personally in GT6 than buying my Jaguar XJ13. It gives you a feeling of accomplishment that a cheater will never experience. And makes you appreciate the car more

It's fine that you preferred that method. As someone that used the Mercedes VGT glitch, I can say grinding my way to buy any of the more expensive cars in the game wouldn't have me appreciating them more than, you know, actually being able to drive them. I appreciated that I could use them, a lot more than had I not.

View attachment 491804
545 Photos of GT6 worth 211MB
Amateur. :P

My GT5 tally ended up at around 3500, totaling a few gigs! I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Photomode section heavyweights are in the five-digits.

I wonder who enjoyed career mode?
?? Great question. One I sure hope PD think about before releasing a new game....:dunce:

Honestly, could it have been any worse?
How must poor Joe feel, sitting in the middle of Australia with no internet connection?
Who'd want to be him, huh.....
Nah, doesn't matter about those that don't have online access, they'll get by.......

If this is the way of gaming in 2015, I may as well sign off now. How rude!
Call me old fashioned, call me what ever you desire, I just think a game that has at best, a couple of days play in it without "updates", is barely a game at all. It's a down right insult. 👎

Game over. :lol:

I liked GT5's course maker better.... Yea. Mm-hmm.

We had Tokyo Bay which was my drifting and precision driving location. AND WE WERE ABLE TO DRIVE CARS ON KART SPACE. smh I WILL NOT LEAVE THAT ALONE. My two favorite places to drive and drift with Tokyo Bay and second favorite place to drift only with Kart Space. Kart racing racing there isn't exactly a normal track - the FIA would disapprove to put it lightly - for legitimate kart races to be held. That track was meant to be torn the 🤬 up. One-on-one drift trials or solo runs. Would that be so difficult!!!!!!!!! EEEEEK!!!!!! lol I laugh out of despair.

I even had some REALLLY fun tracks at Mt. Aso. :(
A slight jump of a blind right hander with a quick 15-degree or so decline on toward the mile long straight going past the "finish" line; It would keep me going 'round baby right 'round like a record. Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire! !!

:tear-drop:

Back