GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
I suppose the Warstock discounts are a way of celebration. It just surprises me with every anniversary, R* doesn't make any major announcements or acknowledges it.

Dan
I suppose the Warstock discounts are a way of celebration. It just surprises me with every anniversary, R* doesn't make any major announcements or acknowledges it.
I've noticed they've been having a lot of "sales" lately for online stuff. Wondering if the online participation numbers are dwindling and they are trying to attract people with cheap stuff.

I wish that they would have several teams working on these games so that we could get a new one every 2-3 years instead of every 4-5.

An RC drone would be neat. Would allow you to scout the area from the sky in deathmatches and in free mode. If you crash it or another player shoots it out of the sky, you have to buy a new one. Maybe it can carry 3 or so little bombs you can drop on other players.
It could be in your inventory as a thrown item. You toss it and it hovers. Then you open an app on your character's phone to control it from the view of the drone. It doesn't show up on the map, but you can see and hear it. Maybe costs about $1000.
Controls like a helicopter, can fly it indoors.

An RC drone would be neat. Would allow you to scout the area from the sky in deathmatches and in free mode. If you crash it or another player shoots it out of the sky, you have to buy a new one. Maybe it can carry 3 or so little bombs you can drop on other players.
It could be in your inventory as a thrown item. You toss it and it hovers. Then you open an app on your character's phone to control it from the view of the drone. It doesn't show up on the map, but you can see and hear it. Maybe costs about $1000.
Controls like a helicopter, can fly it indoors.
As long as you can't launch it at Paleto Bay, and then drop some bombs on a player that's in Sandy Shores, that could be fun

As long as you can't launch it at Paleto Bay, and then drop some bombs on a player that's in Sandy Shores, that could be fun
That's why I suggested a limited amount of bombs. And you have to go to a store to buy another. And make the bugger slow so it's easy to pick off if you're paying attention. And make it 1 bullet to destroy it.
Though a range of about 2-5 blocks would also be fair.

Last edited:
Started playing again. I'm having a good time just driving trailers to different locations. A RON trailer to petrol stations. Chicken runs from the factory to Los Santos. Miscellaneous runs to and from the airports and landing strips.

At the moment, I'm making a few runs to construction sights. I haven't done construction vehicles or delivery trucks. Just sticking to semis for now. Lots to do.

It's hard to try to enjoy the new Biker DLC when I keep getting put in lobbies with DMing kiddos/Russians all day and no one in my crew is currently playing. :grumpy:

Guess I have to wait a around a week for all the kids to get bored and go back to whatever games they usually play.

@STI9 yeah but it's too graphic. In a fit of rage, he strips down to his tighty whities and then stabs the old woman in the ear with the knitting pins.

R* should add a new grenade that's shaped like a smartphone. Has the biggest splash damage of all thrown explosives. Call it the Keifung Universe Z8 or something.
You have to call a certain number in your contact to make it go off, and also make it to whenever you receive a call and it is active in your inventory, it explodes in your pocket. killing you and anything around you.

R* should add a new grenade that's shaped like a smartphone. Has the biggest splash damage of all thrown explosives. Call it the Keifung Universe Z8 or something.
You have to call a certain number in your contact to make it go off, and also make it to whenever you receive a call and it is active in your inventory, it explodes in your pocket. killing you and anything around you.

Something like this lol

So Rockstar just posted this on Twitter:

Everyone's saying it's a teaser for Red Dead 3

Within literally 5 minutes of that picture going up, MrClickbaitFTW had a video up on speculation for "Red Dead Redemption 2."

Checked because I knew he would, and "Redemption 2?" Just stop, you imbecile.

GTA Series Videos had a video up later saying pretty much the same speculation...albeit in two and a half minutes, and called it "Red Dead 3." *applauds*

It's hysterical seeing all the clickbaity Youtube channels trying to be the first to get speculation out. It's a picture for god sakes. Most likely Red Dead related, could be for Halloween, doublefull, but most likely Red Dead. That's all that needs to be said.

R* are actually paying for TV ads to show off RDR2...a year before the games release. Can't be cheap, wonder what the logic is there?

R* are actually paying for TV ads to show off RDR2...a year before the games release. Can't be cheap, wonder what the logic is there?

Build up hype as usual. Also, I don't think this belongs in the GTA section.

Anyone else bothered by the fact there's only 5-6 faired sports/superbikes, but at least 9 streetfighters? Would like to have a Ninja expy or a new NRG500/900, but instead we get a dozen Ducati Monster knockoffs.

Anyone else bothered by the fact there's only 5-6 faired sports/superbikes, but at least 9 streetfighters? Would like to have a Ninja expy or a new NRG500/900, but instead we get a dozen Ducati Monster knockoffs.
I get what you're trying to say, but I don't think you realize what a streetfighter is.

I get what you're trying to say, but I don't think you realize what a streetfighter is.
Technically, a street fighter is a customised sportsbike with the fairing removed. But just like how companies are selling new choppers straight off the factory floor, many companies are selling streetfighters right off the showroom. If you want to be pedantic, 'naked bike'.

Street fighters are typically stripped down versions of sport/super bikes. Most of the bikes you're referring too are just standard motorcycles.

But you're right. This game could use some more superbikes, especially considering that much of the bike selection is pretty underwhelming.

Street fighters are typically stripped down versions of sport/super bikes. Most of the bikes you're referring too are just standard motorcycles.

But you're right. This game could use some more superbikes, especially considering that much of the bike selection is pretty underwhelming.
Which is what I said in my second comment.

Yes, GTA needs more faired superbikes/sports bikes, as well as some classics as well. A Norton/Triumph cafe racer for that crowd, a proper Harley/Indian hardtail bobber rather than the several half-arsed attempts so far. A BMW dual sport. A sport tourer. A sidecar bike with seating for the driver and two passengers.

Cool

giphy.gif

Latest Posts

Back