GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
Is there a way to use my online vehicles inside Director Mode? I've got my online character ready to go, but none of their vehicles are appearing for me.

Dan
Is there a way to use my online vehicles inside Director Mode? I've got my online character ready to go, but none of their vehicles are appearing for me.
You need to get them to one of the SP garages if you can

Dan
Jesus christ. Why does everything have to be so damn complicated in this game? Why even bother putting the online character in Director Mode if you can't have any of their cars, weapons, or other items?
Because R* is too busy adding 2 million dollar bikes on GTA Online and clearly don't have time to fix simple issues the game has had since launch...

3 years ago.

Because R* is too busy adding 2 million dollar bikes on GTA Online and clearly don't have time to fix simple issues the game has had since launch...

3 years ago.

Not to be 'that guy' (who am I kidding I'm absolutely going to be that guy) but Director Mode was only introduced in the PC release of GTA V, which was only just over a year and a half ago

Also, I think we need to look at this from the perspective of R* - they could get a team of people to work on Director Mode so that it has more integration with MP, but when you look at it in terms of employee hours to revenue it makes far more sense to get people working on A. new assets to add to the game, B. Red Dead Redemption 2, or C. the SP DLC (if you believe the rumors, that is). Like it or loathe it, any bugs/issues that aren't game-breaking just aren't worth R*'s time anymore. This isn't an issue with R* as an individual company, it's something that happens during the life cycle of any AAA title, and there's really nothing that can be done about it until we start building robots that can listen and respond to player feedback 3 years (or 1 year and 7 months as the case may be) down the line.

Not to be 'that guy' (who am I kidding I'm absolutely going to be that guy) but Director Mode was only introduced in the PC release of GTA V, which was only just over a year and a half ago

Also, I think we need to look at this from the perspective of R* - they could get a team of people to work on Director Mode so that it has more integration with MP, but when you look at it in terms of employee hours to revenue it makes far more sense to get people working on A. new assets to add to the game, B. Red Dead Redemption 2, or C. the SP DLC (if you believe the rumors, that is). Like it or loathe it, any bugs/issues that aren't game-breaking just aren't worth R*'s time anymore. This isn't an issue with R* as an individual company, it's something that happens during the life cycle of any AAA title, and there's really nothing that can be done about it until we start building robots that can listen and respond to player feedback 3 years (or 1 year and 7 months as the case may be) down the line.

It's just that there's tons of obvious features which should already be in the game, yet they're constantly overlooked.

Dan
It's just that there's tons of obvious features which should already be in the game, yet they're constantly overlooked.

I absolutely agree that there's a lot of stuff that could get fixed, but again, R* has very little reason to actually look at that stuff unless it potentially makes them money - they are a business, after all. Why add MP garage integration to Director Mode when, correct me if I'm wrong, players can add MP cars to their SP garages through mod menus anyway? Sure, it only helps PC players, but the point is that in R*'s eyes it's not a significant enough issue to warrant dedicating any time towards.

I'm not saying not to call R* out on their mistakes, because at the end of the day feedback can still go towards their newer releases even if it doesn't affect their current ones, but IMO R* gets a lot of hate for business practices that happen just about everywhere else in the industry.

Looking forward to play this again on PS4. I finally bought due to a giftcard and a decent price for this game. But damn, the download is huge! 59 GB :ill: It is going to be a while with my simple and slow connection.....

Have there been any changes to snapmatic? Is it now possible to take pictures in mid-action or while moving around?

Looking forward to play this again on PS4. I finally bought due to a giftcard and a decent price for this game. But damn, the download is huge! 59 GB :ill: It is going to be a while with my simple and slow connection.....

Have there been any changes to snapmatic? Is it now possible to take pictures in mid-action or while moving around?
You can record the action and then edit the footage in the editor. Full access to camera movement, effects and even soundtracks. You can capture as much action as you want and save it as photo or video!

Welcome back.

What people usually do is record short video clips then go into the R* editor and take screenshots. You can use a free camera and there is a good range on it.

Edit: Ninja'd :)

@leeislee and @STI9

Thanks for the quick responses 👍 If I may I have one last question. Is there any quality loss when taking pictures from the free camera mode in the Rockstar Editor or does it hold up well?
Nope, the same quality as other screenshots. You can disable the HUD and press the share button to capture. Look up my posts in the snapmatics thread, those are all screenshots.

Played this evening for 2 hours and even if I played it on ps3, on PS4 it is simply amazing. I started the main story and it has much more impact on PS4. The characters are awesome, missions are varied, the storyline very well build and so many funny and controversial sentences. Pretty much falling in love with it all over again.

This game has aged well and the world is so diverse and alive. Call me impressed!

Enjoying this every single minute!

- only minus so far is driving, aiming and shooting at the same time.

Last edited:
Considering tgetting the game for the ps3 while I dont' have a PS4, is the game worth on the past gen? I've already played it on the ps4, and I know that it's pretty fun there. I'm just afraid that the lack of updates on content of the ps3 is too big. is there no new cars for the ps3 after launch?

Considering tgetting the game for the ps3 while I dont' have a PS4, is the game worth on the past gen? I've already played it on the ps4, and I know that it's pretty fun there. I'm just afraid that the lack of updates on content of the ps3 is too big. is there no new cars for the ps3 after launch?

GTAO really isn't worth playing on Last Gen since they haven't had any recent updates and the game is unstable. Now, there's hackers causing chaos since R* can't do much about it.

Alright, thanks for the heads up. maybe then its indeed better to just pick it up later with the ps4. :cheers:
It's the best bet. I play PC but have a copy I bought for the PS3 before I upgraded the desktop. My nephew comes over from time to time thougb and plays the ps3 version and it almost feels like I am playing GTA 4 for the difference in graphics. GTA online, the differences between are even bigger due to content updates.
Turned the PS4 on for the first time in 6 months.

GTAV update... 8.6GB

Yeah, no.
6 months... That's a few major upgrades ago. Substantial additions to the game have been made. Multiplayer game modes added, gameplay mechanics such as creating proper gangs, crooked corporations, drug manufacturing and selling. All of the assets of the aforementioned. There is also the not insignificant addition to vehicles. It's a worth while dl if your not playing it on the PC or xbone.

@Rallywagon no no I know. Just decided to fire it up and see how big it would be.

Also, did they change something with the single player physics? I haven't updated the game yet, but I just noticed something completely different from the PS3.

I tried to have some fun drifting around with the Slidey Cars cheat but it's just undriveable on the PS4. Can't move anywhere. Maybe I lost the skill to operate the car properly or I have other memories. In terms of updates I'm still on the Lowrider's update.

@Rallywagon no no I know. Just decided to fire it up and see how big it would be.

Also, did they change something with the single player physics? I haven't updated the game yet, but I just noticed something completely different from the PS3.

I tried to have some fun drifting around with the Slidey Cars cheat but it's just undriveable on the PS4. Can't move anywhere. Maybe I lost the skill to operate the car properly or I have other memories. In terms of updates I'm still on the Lowrider's update.

Supposedly that cheat is severely broken. I haven't used that in forever, so I have no idea how bad it is.

Back