GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
And his explanation of the "money" in the story really makes little to no sense.
I still reckon the casting call gives more details about the story. Although I suspect that the "money" aspect will be there. The economy could form a substantial part of the plot - with the global recession, unemployment and crime in the city start to rise. The risk is that the game gets a bit too preachy about the relationship between crime and socio-economic status.

One of the big plot points that this user is claiming is that the story will begin when the protagonist strays into Varrios Los Aztecas turf, and the gang wars were a bit part of SAN ANDREAS. I don't think that Rockstar would use the same plot driver twice (though I do find it interesting that Varrios Los Aztecas is the gang named - they were Cesar Vialpando's crew, and allies of CJ in SAN ANDREAS - and they are supposedly the villains this time around).

With the heated political climate, the GTA "V" logo, which refereces the lincoln memorial in DC, FBI agents as major roles..these factors scream DC to me:)👍

the GTA "V" logo, which refereces the lincoln memorial in DC
Huh? How does that work?

You suggest DC as a location because of the FBI agents, but how do you account for the celebrities behaving badly? That suggests LA, and there's an FBI field office in LA.

GUYS!! Only less then 24 hours left, oh boy oh boy!

I feel like a little little boy on Christmas day :D

Ability to do everything like in GTA:SA again, like stealing bicycles and robbing stores.

Bear in mind that it's just a teaser trailer. There aren't going to be massive revelations about the game.

As long as I can gather the location and what the graphics are like from the teaser I'l be happy. The GTA IV teaser was pretty damn complete so I'm hoping this will be similar.

Ability to do everything like in GTA:SA again, like stealing bicycles and robbing stores.

You could rob stores in GTA IV too, it just wasn't as dynamic. But yeah, around 60% of the features from San Andreas were not in GTA IV, not really what I expected with a new console generation.

This thread is the 1st time GTA V I heard it was announced, and it's pretty awesome. I enjoyed the GTA series and hopefully GTA V will live up to the awesomeness that GTA once had before the 4th one came around. The teaser will introduce a huge amount of speculation until more details is released.

Also, the logo looks very different than the ones they designed on their last GTA titles. Still looks nice, but R* could have done a bit better job with it though.

I am very excited about this announcement. Would love to see them make a return to Vice City or San Andreas. But....

As I have stated many times, please take all the FUN ideas from San Andreas, Vice City, and Saints Row 2/3, and put them all into GTA5 and you will have one of the best sandbox games in history. GTA4 was a huge disappointment for me. In fact I would say its one of the biggest disappointments for the 360. Cant buy houses, cant buy bikes, cant buy cars, cant customize cars, no parachute until TBOGT, no monster trucks, no planes, stuck with Nikko because no character customization, and the list goes on. The 16 player multiplayer free roam was a lot of fun. Best part of the game. But the GTA roots we grew up with were not in GTA4 at all. This is their opportunity to redeem themselves after the huge disappointment of GTA4.

My 4 guesses for GTA5 location.
1. Las Vegas

2. Vice City

3. San Andreas

4. The ability to fly to Vice City and San Andreas!!

Wishlist for GTA5
1. Play the entire campaign as co-op!! (full drop in drop out co-op campaign)

2. Buy cars

3. Customize the way the main character looks (his or her actual physical appearance)

4. Customize cars

5. Customize your homies appearance and vehicles

6. Buy houses especially houses with helicopters on them

7. Drive monster trucks

8. Use a parachute and parachute from anything at any time

9. Fly airplanes and jets along with helicopters

10. Drive quads

11. Buy bikes

12. Buy boats

13. Play demolition derby

14. Money off the properties you buy

15. Fight in a fight club

16. All the fun from Vice City / San Andreas and Saints Row 2/3

1 hour to go :) I will be pretty surprised if any of the major predictions for where the game will take place end up being true but even though it hasn't been that long I would certainly be ok with San andreas again.

1 hour to go :) I will be pretty surprised if any of the major predictions for where the game will take place end up being true but even though it hasn't been that long I would certainly be ok with San andreas again.
Hopefully it actually works. Usually the site is slammed and no one actually gets to see the video until much later. I will check at lunch time but I dont expect it to work.
there were no dlc for gta 4 or have I miss something :confused:
There was quiet a bit of DLC for GTA4. Yes you missed a lot.

-The lost and the damned (didnt care much for this)
-The ballad of Gay Tony (best DLC imo. even had parachutes finally!)
-These added a lot to the multiplayer too.
-ALso a fight club

there were no dlc for gta 4 or have I miss something :confused:

There were "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony"

Edit:
"Episodes from Liberty City" being the two previously mentioned dlc's combined into one package..

Aha. You guys mean "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony". I mean more Game Pack, like Weapons pack or Car pack. I don't want count these two games as dlc.

Aha. You guys mean "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony". I mean more Game Pack, like Weapons pack or Car pack. I don't want count these two games as dlc.
Oh ok no those were the only ones. You can rent or buy the game with those on there. TBOGT was really good. Parachutes and much more.

In that case, then no dlc has been made available..

Oh ok no those were the only ones. You can rent or buy the game with those on there. TBOGT was really good. Parachutes and much more.

I have all three games. And TBOGT is very good and think it is better then original.

Back