GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
Dang.. so most people here loved IV's driving? I disliked it.. very much.

I hate it. It was awful. Driving any car over a curb or broken telephone was like a monster truck driving over cars or dirt ramps.

It was Realistic at a point. The Body roll was a perfect example as no ABS :sly:

But on some cars like the Comet, it had a hell of a lot of body roll for a sports car. And as you saw today when we were playing together, I was having a hard time trying to run away from you because the physics made it so hard to navigate on bumpy terrain.

CallmeDan
I hate it. It was awful. Driving any car over a curb or broken telephone was like a monster truck driving over cars or dirt ramps.

But on some cars like the Comet, it had a hell of a lot of body roll for a sports car. And as you saw today when we were playing together, I was having a hard time trying to run away from you because the physics made it so hard to navigate on bumpy terrain.

Damnit.. I'm off this weekend.. I wanna play with someone before Monday/Tuesday.

I liked the body roll on the slower cars, like taxis. It was very hard to drift properly though, unless you blow out the rears. We might be expecting a bit much though, as we are on a site that focuses on racing games/sims

I liked the body roll on the slower cars, like taxis. It was very hard to drift properly though, unless you blow out the rears. We might be expecting a bit much though, as we are on a site that focuses on racing games/sims

But cars won't even go into high RPMs in a slide that's the one thing I hated in IV as well as MCLA.

Just cleaned my PS3 entirely. Barely any dust from cleaning it last September. Now it's time to delete GTA IV. I need more space so GTA V can run very smoothly without heating up too much.

Huge spoiler, not the ending but...
here's some gameplay showing what appears to be aliens... I hope they can justify them in a realistic way, I don't want SR4.

http://tinyurl.com/p69nued

I won't watch anything else now, too much is starting to come out.

Last edited:
That'll only come as a shock to anyone who never played GTASA - and since GTA5 is set in the same location by name (albeit in the HD Universe rather than the 3D Universe), it's majestically unsurprising.

That'll only come as a shock to anyone who never played GTASA - and since GTA5 is set in the same location by name (albeit in the HD Universe rather than the 3D Universe), it's majestically unsurprising.

I already played GTA SA, 5 times.

I already played GTA SA, 5 times.
Then it shouldn't come as a shock to you.

Without giving too much away as to what's in those spoiler tags, that aspect was heavily hinted at - almost overtly with two missions - and a significant location in GTASA dealt with it.

Guess what's just arrived! Thank you for quick delivery Amazon!
P1010070_zps002f49e6.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy, apparently a lot of Amazon customers have had their orders come early. ShopTo are taking the p*ss, at the earliest it will be Monday for me and that's when I think it will come but who knows because they keep coming out with conflicting information.

Speaking to a friend from Glasgow, Scotland who says a game shop called G Force is selling GTA5 today (Saturday) for £50 if anyone is near there and interested. If I hadn't pre ordered mine yesterday I may have made the 300 + mile drive.

For future reference this is not a one off for GTA5 they do all/most big titles a few days early at a higher price.

Guess what's just arrived! Thank you for quick delivery Amazon!
P1010070_zps002f49e6.jpg

Lucky for some. Let us know how the ps3 version runs.

Speaking to a friend from Glasgow, Scotland who says a game shop called G Force is selling GTA5 today (Saturday) for £50 if anyone is near there and interested.
For future reference this is not a one off for GTA5 they do all/most big titles a few days early at a higher price.

Yeah. They're well known for it. Surprised they're selling GTA:V this early though. They've gotten into trouble in the past for selling big titles early. I preordered GTA:IV with them and despite several trips there in the days leading up to release, they wouldn't sell it early.

Since some lucky few are getting their copy of GTA V today from Amazon, I hope I hit with one of these 8 lotto tickets I got. Only seems fair..

I'm praying.. :)

Back