(GTOR) | [FGT] Formula GT Championship - IMMORTALPILOT and Ferrari Win the Inaugral Season!Finished 

Should the safety car rule stay?

• Total voters
Inches away from disaster lolol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 10
whoever that driver is he's completely incapable :lol:

Sorry mate, I was so scared :P

Got a bit of a feeling Indy won't be that fun with the tyre wear. But I know how to replace the round for the next season ;)

Haha best thing you should have done was just slam on the brakes and not roll onto the racingline, but the past is the past and no harm done :)

Indianapolis is fun, especially T1:tup:

Haha best thing you should have done was just slam on the brakes and not roll onto the racingline, but the past is the past and no harm done :)

Indianapolis is fun, especially T1:tup:
I went into a slide and with you behind I thought i'd just let it go off instead of recovering the car, but the tyres suddenly gripped and I had no idea what was going on.

It wasn't as bad as @Weider and my incident :lol:

*Cough-Indy 500-Cough*

I went into a slide and with you behind I thought i'd just let it go off instead of recovering the car, but the tyres suddenly gripped and I had no idea what was going on.

It wasn't as bad as @Weider and my incident :lol:

*Cough-Indy 500-Cough*

The oval one ?!
You had me going there for a bit lol just double checked :lol:

Formula GT Championship
Round 11 // Japanese Grand Prix
1280px-Logo_Suzuka_Circuit.svg.png

Penultimate round of the first season on the legendary but technical Suzuka circuit. Despite the race for the title being over, EVO didn't say his last word to his TRL teammate, starting from pole.

The quickest strategy was probably option / prime / option although we saw at least 3 different strategies this time. Tyre wear being an important factor on this track, it is harder to pick the quickest, depending on how long you could make the softer compound last.

Suzuka Circuit 2014.jpg

Suzuka Circuit 2014_1.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_3.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_5.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_2.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_8.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_4.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_7.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_9.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_10.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_12.jpg
Suzuka Circuit 2014_11.jpg

On the last stint, EVO pushed hard to stay ahead of IP despite running on harder tyres.
Suzuka Circuit 2014_14.jpg

Doesn't it look like a mirrored Eau Rouge from this perspective ?
Suzuka Circuit 2014_15.jpg

EVOLUTION wins the Japanese GP, his 3rd win this season; 2nd since IP joined.
Suzuka Circuit 2014_16.jpg

GT /AUS /SPA /MON /AUT /GBR /GER /FRA /BEL /ITA /JPN /USA
Tous avec Jules NB.png

Last edited:
I'm somehow glad that IP won the title in Italy, so he and Evo weren't tempted to do a Prost fishtail / Senna dive bomb following the Suzuka traditions. :D

@STOCKY8A1 are you racing for the last round mate ? I remember you lapped everyone at Indy in pre-season test race. :cheers:

I'm somehow glad that IP won the title in Italy, so he and Evo weren't tempted to do a Prost fishtail / Senna dive bomb following the Suzuka traditions. :D

@STOCKY8A1 are you racing for the last round mate ? I remember you lapped everyone at Indy in pre-season test race. :cheers:
I thought that too :P

STOCKY is getting his money while the tables are hot so he's busy. I'll send him a text tonight and see if he's able too, but yeah I remember how well he did there.

@Weider championship decider between us 2 ;)

I'm pretty sure I saw RH on the last stint but I think the replay file provided by @True-blue-8 is full of bugs, for instance IP was ranked 4th or 5th in the last stint despite following you closely :odd:

Anyway I'll leave it as it is for the drama :lol:

Edit: And if I can still rely on the replay telemetry I saw, you had more fuel than IP in the end which may explain the speed difference as well.

I'm pretty sure I saw RH on the last stint but I think the replay file provided by @True-blue-8 is full of bugs, for instance IP was ranked 4th or 5th in the last stint despite following you closely :odd:

Anyway I'll leave it as it is for the drama :lol:

Edit: And if I can still rely on the replay telemetry I saw, you had more fuel than IP in the end which may explain the speed difference as well.
oh yeah when I was watching the race it showed IP in 4/5th. It's probably due to me dropping out of the race. Stupid bugs :/

IP seemed to really close the gap in on EVO and thought he's got him, then EVO would pull back out a gap and I thought 'not this time'. Was great to watch :)

Has anyone tried Indy at night yet? I'll be on this evening to take a look and do some work for next seasons. I've really enjoyed the last few races, great fun and if we can sort out the FGT's weaknesses it will be a great second season.

Is there anything people would would not like to see for season 2? Just let me know any ideas you have 👍

I would prefer no ballast on the car, even if that means lower bhp, and Racing Softs, Mediums and Hards available (perhaps even RS RH for certain races, RM SS for others to mix it up!)

I would prefer no ballast on the car, even if that means lower bhp, and Racing Softs, Mediums and Hards available (perhaps even RS RH for certain races, RM SS for others to mix it up!)
No ballast? Ok, plan was to add full ballast and low power to make it more comfortable on the tyres so we could have a proper GP distance race. I'll try no ballast first. 👍

Different compounds per weekend. I like that :)

Ok FGT Press conference then to clear it up lol

- Race Distance: If tyres play fair then we can run a full GP distance of around 1.5 - 2 hours
- Qualifying - QP1 / QP2. QP1 is a Club TT held midweek. QP2 will run before race start.
- Race Calendar: Perhaps increase the number of races and hold them every 2 weeks, so 2 races a month if people want practice time. Add some other countries, E.g Swedish GP at Autumn Ring. Any tracks/countries people would like to see or any not see from this season?
- Tyre Choices: Really like this idea. We'll decide each week what would be a good 2 compounds to run
- Being ideas from F1 and IndyCar, i'm thinking of running the American Grand Prix as an Indy 500 event, as it's Very prestigious race and could be really enjoyable
- Safety Car - If we can figure this out it would be great to run this to mix up strategies and races
- Race Recordings - Would love if we could get something together.
- Team Managers - Have drivers / those not good at GT to 'run the team' and sign drivers etc, get some media going.
- Career: Something that would be cool if we had enough interest. Have a Kart then GP2 support race, which acts as a feeder and drivers can start in karts than move their way up

I think that's it for now. Just some ideas kicking around. What do people think?

No ballast? Ok, plan was to add full ballast and low power to make it more comfortable on the tyres so we could have a proper GP distance race. I'll try no ballast first. 👍

Different compounds per weekend. I like that :)

Ok FGT Press conference then to clear it up lol

- Race Distance: If tyres play fair then we can run a full GP distance of around 1.5 - 2 hours
- Qualifying - QP1 / QP2. QP1 is a Club TT held midweek. QP2 will run before race start.
- Race Calendar: Perhaps increase the number of races and hold them every 2 weeks, so 2 races a month if people want practice time. Add some other countries, E.g Swedish GP at Autumn Ring. Any tracks/countries people would like to see or any not see from this season?
- Tyre Choices: Really like this idea. We'll decide each week what would be a good 2 compounds to run
- Being ideas from F1 and IndyCar, i'm thinking of running the American Grand Prix as an Indy 500 event, as it's Very prestigious race and could be really enjoyable
- Safety Car - If we can figure this out it would be great to run this to mix up strategies and races
- Race Recordings - Would love if we could get something together.
- Team Managers - Have drivers / those not good at GT to 'run the team' and sign drivers etc, get some media going.
- Career: Something that would be cool if we had enough interest. Have a Kart then GP2 support race, which acts as a feeder and drivers can start in karts than move their way up

I think that's it for now. Just some ideas kicking around. What do people think?

Great ideas m8, especcially Autumn ring, that really is my track ;)

I think what hurts the tyres most is the car's weight, not the power.
We have different driving styles in the series but nobody can manage its tyres significantly longer than the rest. So I don't think reducing the power will change tyre wear for at least half the field and the other half will still experience heavy wearing, only it will be more spread between front and rear. Unless we hit significantly lower speed, which, IMO, sucks takes away the charm from the car/series. :D

Not a fan of TT midweek but I can deal with it, especially if we hold races only twice a month.

That's a great idea !

The tyre thing may be a good idea if we can fix the tyre wear thing.
I like the Indy 500 idea too, if it's a one off oval race I don't think it will bother people.

What bugs me is in the "real driving simulator" you can't tune the left and right suspensions separately. :lol:
I can understand there's no turbo lag, odd tyre grip, instant gear shifts, etc... but this one costs nothing. Unless it makes the physics engine's work easier ? :confused:

However don't rely too much on my opinions because I'm really not sure I'll sign up for a second season as I'm progressively switching to the PS4 now. Unless pCARS sucks badly I prefer not to get too involved in GT6 series from now on. 👍

Back