GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
You can just copy your current game save data to your new account.

Unfortunatly you can copy it to the new account but the game will re-write the file as it belongs to another player when trying to use said file.

The game save is for each individual PSN name in the event your file has an issue.

You can just copy your current game save data to your new account.

Er, no you can't. Gamesaves are linked to the specific PSN ID that created it so that will not be possible.

However, getting your GTP account sorted takes about 15 mins maximum and the best bit is that time is spent playing!!

Just do the following;

1. Make sure that your GTP account is on the Friends List of your primary account.
2. Send the GT-R V-Spec that you used for seasonal event 1 (it is still live until 6th Jan) as a gift to your GTP account.
3. Sign in to your GTP account and load up the game. Do not worry about doing the instal. I haven't and I am struggling to tell the difference in load times without getting the stopwatch out!
4. Go to GT Life and accept the gift car from your primary account.
5. Go to settings and make any changes you want in terms of button configuration etc.
6. Go to seasonal event race 1 and do the GT-R race. First run through I came 2nd which netted me 700,000 cr and fired me straight up to level 14!

Once this is done you are ready to roll. Your level is now sufficient to enter the AMG Intermediate Challenge.

Away you go.

Good luck all.

Happy new year.

^^ Is what I did 👍, If you mange first it puts you at level 16.

Last edited:
Er, no you can't. Gamesaves are linked to the specific PSN ID that created it so that will not be possible.

However, getting your GTP account sorted takes about 15 mins maximum and the best bit is that time is spent playing!!

Just do the following;

1. Make sure that your GTP account is on the Friends List of your primary account.
2. Send the GT-R V-Spec that you used for seasonal event 1 (it is still live until 6th Jan) as a gift to your GTP account.
3. Sign in to your GTP account and load up the game. Do not worry about doing the instal. I haven't and I am struggling to tell the difference in load times without getting the stopwatch out!
5. Go to settings and make any changes you want in terms of button configuration etc.
6. Go to seasonal event race 1 and do the GT-R race. First run through I came 2nd which netted me 700,000 cr and fired me straight up to level 14!

Once this is done you are ready to roll. Your level is now sufficient to enter the AMG Intermediate Challenge.

Away you go.

Good luck all.

Happy new year.

Ahhh ok. I didn't know that. Thanks for this help.
👍

Im new to this WRS...... how the hell do i register? It seems a bit confusing :s please someone help as i want to get in with the action!

Cheers

yeah im very confused, am i reading it correctly that im going to have to create a NEW PSN ID with GTP in it?? just to enter?

that also means having to regrind up to a high enough level just to do the AMG challenge?

I think you guys got the answers you were looking for?

We only keep it confusing enough to ward off the left side of the bell curve. ;)

Great work getting this together lads, appreciate the effort put in. I was up till 4am last night wondering if anything would get posted here, eventually had to get to bed, hah. I'm looking forward to beating myself to get a good time on this one! I have gold on all the AMG Special events on my non-GTP account, ye can't beat the feeling of pushing yourself to the limit round the ring. :D
...Just do the following;

Once this is done you are ready to roll. Your level is now sufficient to enter the AMG Intermediate Challenge....
Thanks for that tip, this is what I shall be doing tonight!

Good luck to all!
👍

Nice car and track, but with no splits and no ghost it's that bit harder to see where you are gaining and losing time between runs.

Agreed. I am struggling with the lack of splits. I don't mind there being no ghost as I have mine switched off as I feel it gets in the way if you are a fraction behind it.

I do usually use sector times to split the lap up and work on improving my laps 1 sector at a time.

Great combo though. Nice one OLR Team.

I have already improved my sector 2 times by a couple of seconds :)

Agreed. I am struggling with the lack of splits. I don't mind there being no ghost as I have mine switched off as I feel it gets in the way if you are a fraction behind it.

I do usually use sector times to split the lap up and work on improving my laps 1 sector at a time.

Great combo though. Nice one OLR Team.

I have already improved my sector 2 times by a couple of seconds :)

It's useful to use trackside markers to make your own splits. For example, when doing the sector 4 event in the 300SL, I would use the over track sign at the start of the main straight to determine my progress.

Also, it's mentioned in the main thread, but please be careful not to provide any information which might infer your time.

I know we don't know what your starting time was, but comments like that are still borderline.

I know you didn't intend anything by it, just please be safe.

Happy New Year everyone, and welcome to the WRS.

A couple reminders for those making submissions.

1. Please follow the format EXACTLY. Specifically...
- Field names (like "User:" and "Name:") must be included with the submission
- The submission should be all on one line
2. Please double check your math when you add your splits together. Specifically:
- Remember that there are 60 seconds in a minute, not 100

I've written a program to help process the submissions (and it will check your math), but we expect many submissions, and it will make things much easier if everyone follows directions.

Another sample submission (for reference):

User: Vaxen Name: GTP_Vaxen Time: 3'33.333 Split: 1'11.111 Split: 2'22.222

Hey everyone,

I have added a simple excel sheet to EDK's post which will automatically calculate the total time for your two splits. This will hopefully eliminate some mis-calculated submissions to Vaxen (less work for FTW).

Also, let me know if there is an error in my calculation or typos, etc. Thanks!

Jerome

I want to clarify something. Do I do the separate sector 2 and sector 3 and then add them together or am I suppose to the complete track and then just submit the splits.

I thought it was the separate sections until I read that I had to submit split times. That lead me to believe it was the complete track with split times

I want to clarify something. Do I do the separate sector 2 and sector 3 and then add them together or am I suppose to the complete track and then just submit the splits.

I thought it was the separate sections until I read that I had to submit split times. That lead me to believe it was the complete track with split times

Do sector 2 and sector 3 and then add them together.

Go to the AMG driving school in special events. Choose intermediate and do sector 2 and 3 from there 👍

EDIT: Tree'd by Vaxen :(

Thanx Guys. That's what I thought.

Well this will give me a good reason to learn at least half of that track. I've done all the beginner and intermediate events with Silver and I still feel lost. Maybe I'll be able to beat that NASCAR event after

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I guess this will finally help me dial in the 'ring (or at least half of it) 👍

I know my way around it, but I've never dissected it to squeak every last tenth out of it. Mostly I just aim to keep it on the track :)

At least by using a special event for this we have some idea if we totally suck or not by comparing against the gold/silver/bronze times. It is going to be extra challenging by not being able to use a ghost replay, or even view any split times.

What would I do if I no longer have a copy of GT5 and will not until after the deadline?

What would I do if I no longer have a copy of GT5 and will not until after the deadline?

When the registry opens up again you can join. From what I can gather it will close for 2 weeks so Divisions can be arranged, after that process has been done it will be open again for one and all to take part.

GTP account all set and ready! Will try to open up the intermediate AMG Driving Academy ASAP. Are we going to add each other as friends on PSN?

My country is not on the PSN list, so I entered Hong Kong as my region. They don't have the Philippines on there...:(

Back