GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Just wanted to say congrats to the TT-R boys representing Australia at the top.
Four Australians in Division 1 gold is a massive effort.
Go you good thing!

Well I surpassed my expectations by some margin. Whilst I had some misgivings about leaving a bit of time out on the track I was happy with my lap (but my experience of lapping without other's feedback is that you are never as fast as you think you are).

Pretty pleased with that result. My effort certainly paid off.

Crap missed the deadline thinking it was midnight pacific or more, to give time in the evening to do some more runs... what happens now?

I'm in the same boat as you, except that I thought it was Eastern Time...we both guessed the wrong coast? Actually the wrong continent, but whatever...

Knew I would drop out of Div2 Bronze from GT5P. Just didn't know it would be a small drop down to Div3 Gold. I guess it's not bad considering I had just got my wheel before GT5 released.

Good job getting the Divisions up nice and swiftly 👍
So Vaxen, will I just Paypal you that bribe we talked about... :sly:

I'm so pleased to have moved up a whole division from D3 bronze to D2 bronze, this has really made my day!! Congratulations to all those who achieved unbelievably fast times or improved on their previous divisions and a HUGE thanks to all the race admin who have organised this and provided results in such timely fashion :cheers:

:crazy: never expected to be ONLY 0.7 seconds off the nr1 position :crazy:

Great job everyone 👍

I do see some surprises here and there.. :odd:

Roll on WRS 1

spy.

Wow, qualified last in d5-b. That only means that there is much potential in improving. But, at least im the best norwegian. :dopey:

:crazy: never expected to be ONLY 0.7 seconds off the nr1 position :crazy:

Great job everyone 👍

I do see some surprises here and there.. :odd:

Roll on WRS 1

spy.
Your .7 off Vaxen's handicap off the Top time.. With some basic understanding of his formula and a little guess work Id say you were around 2 seconds off the top time.

Your .7 off Vaxen's handicap off the Top time.. With some basic understanding of his formula and a little guess work Id say you were around 2 seconds off the top time.

Ah,ok...didn't read how the handicap works properly... :guilty:

Anyways,i am relieved to make it into Div1... :)

spy.

Ah,ok...didn't read how the handicap works properly... :guilty:

Anyways,i am relieved to make it into Div1... :)

spy.

Once you get your wheel fixed I'm sure you will have no trouble rectifying the colour :lol: 👍

Yes, we will send instructions to everyone that needs to send a replay.

0.000 is intended to be a theoretical minimum possible time.

The handicap is calculated as follows:
step 1: take the fastest 50% of the submissions
step 2: find the mean and standard deviation of this subset
step 3: two standard deviations faster than this mean is the "zero par"
step 4: zero par is assigned a handicap value of 1.000
step 5: various multiples of the standard deviation are added to this zero par time to find 0.000, 2.000, 3.000, etc.

Do I understand correctly then that I, with a handicap of 1.847, am 0.939 (0.847+0.092) of a standard deviation for the fastest 50% of the submitted times slower than aussienicko?

Anghammarad
Do I understand correctly then that I, with a handicap of 1.847, am 0.939 (0.847+0.092) of a standard deviation for the fastest 50% of the submitted times slower than aussienicko?

:odd:

Ok, you guys are speaking ancient babylonian now ... :D

PS - Where's a mod when we need one? This forum's official language is ENGLISH !!!! :D :D

Thanks to the Mods and Admins for all this work. 👍
And the handicap system looks nice too, good job. :)

So, waiting for the first WRS race 2011. Good luck everybody. 👍

Thank you to all the admins for all the hard work so far.

Chuffed with my provisional placement. Gone from Div 4 Silver to Div 3 Bronze :D

Good afternoon.

Waiting to race with you guys. I was not expecting results this quick.
Thanks for all the hard work GTP Race Admin's.

On the other hand only 5 Portuguese racers?!?!

cheers

Awesome work getting the preliminary results out so quickly, I am pleasantly surprised with my first ranking in WRS! Looking forward to the series proper starting :)

i Have been placed in d3 bronze and this is my first real competition so im quite happy with that il look forward to racing you all very soon, oh when do we find out the the dates for the first races and do we have to use our gtp id when we race

Good job to all who submitted. And thanks to the race admin too.. I was shocked but pleased to qualify in D1 gold. :D

:cheers:

Well personally Im gobsmacked to find myself at the top of Divison 2 Silver and only 1/100th away from Divison 2 Gold :scared: That's a 2 divison jump for me from Division 3 Gold in GT5:P - surely theres got to be somesort of mistake here :)

Looking forward to the first of the new WRS GT5 challenges over the coming weeks !!

D1 Bronze, same as in Prologue, pretty pleased with that.
Still don't understand the handicap system though :odd:

And thanks to admins for the fast & hard work 👍

Would love to know who are pad users and who are wheel users out of the division lists.

Might have been nice to have people put that in their submissions.

Didn't expect to see the preliminary divisions so early, great work.

Good work all who submitted.. will be interesting to see the 1st combo! I will be running those first ones on the side to see the pace and get used to driving once more, and hopefully when the gates are open again I can submit and start race for real. :)

Special mention to Nicko for being the fastest 👍 Congratulations!

Back