GTP_Registry Discussion Thread (GT5)

• Thread starter EDK
  • 2,672 comments
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I only participated in the last 15 or so of the prologue events with the wrs and on each one you could adjust suspension/gearing on the selected vehicle. The power and weight were set in stone, as were the tyres choice, but free reign on the driveability adjustments.

If I don't want to be beaten by you, as a faster driver, I better learn to drive better.

Welcome to the WRS 👍

If you don't want to be beaten by me, as a more experienced tuner, you better learn to tune better. ;)

I would participate in the tuning garages championships.

This is why REAL race drivers and REAL time attack drivers have engineers, pit crews, mechanics, etc. Setting up a car for the driver according to his style is a major part of racing, period. Anyone who doesn't agree is misinformed.

I don't disagree and I'm certainly not misinformed. This is not REAL racing, it is a driver based championship based on friendly competition and improvement of competitors DRIVING skills.

With that being said, I'm not implying that ALL the events should allow suspension/transmission/drivetrain/aero tuning, but they most certainly shouldn't all DISALLOW it, and I would think the majority of the time, it would be an integral part of the competition.

You asked what events entailed, I tell you and now you tell me I am misinformed and the WRS is being run wrongly. That is how it is, there are some weeks where you can tune and many more where you can't. The admins are always open to new suggestions through the suggestion box as Sjaak has mentioned, although you may want to work on your tact if you wish your opinion to be heard. I you have any more suggestions, please use the appropriate thread, if you wish to continue this discussion, pleas do so via PM so this thread can be kept clear for discussing the qualifier.

Here's how I read your post:

Excellent opening! Agreeing with the rules is always a plus and reading through the thread to determine how to advance your new account shows promise. 👍

I always do my best to read through threads before interjecting with my thoughts. "Anything less would be uncivilized."

Disagreement is what makes this country great as long as you have a good reason.

I agree, ironically. ;)

Not really necessary to let us know that you are about to tell us why but who am I to judge something so trivial.

Expository Writing 101?

If you look back at the GT5:P Registry, tons of people moved around after that - it won't be your job to do it so why bother stating how much work its going to be?

I'm not at all complaining that people will move, just using reasons to back up my opinion. After all, it's the basis of logical argument.

I read this as you don't want to really participate.

On the contrary, I DO want to participate if it's what I think it is: Time Trials in varied cars with varied power levels and varied restrictions.

Again, your last statement shown in bold above leads me to believe you don't want to participate. And I see you have said it a few more times since your first post.

^ See above.

You might want to re-read your post - that statement is contrary to everything you said above it. "The honest answer is no" and "count me out" means you want to participate? And just about all of this is clearly questioning the choice for the qualifier.

Again, I do want to participate, it's just that the qualifier differs from the actual series format, or differs from what I'm incorrectly assuming is the actual series format. I love time attack. I hate repeating the same event ad nauseam. It's not the repetition of the laps, it's the fracture of my groove and focus by having to incessantly restart that I'm against.

Again, a good statement and I'm sure others have responded as such.

Refreshingly, they have. :)

My recommendation is for you to put as much time into the qualifier as you want, run the WRS IF you feel like it, and wait for some of the forum sponsored race events that usually involve head-to-head racing of tuned cars because that seems to be what matters most to you.

Good luck and I hope you actually do choose to participate.

Cheers!

I never tried to imply that it matters most, just that I see it as an integral part of the game that should not be ignored or banned. I hope to join and compete, and good luck to you also, sir!

You asked what events entailed, I tell you and now you tell me I am misinformed and the WRS is being run wrongly. That is how it is, there are some weeks where you can tune and many more where you can't. The admins are always open to new suggestions through the suggestion box as Sjaak has mentioned, although you may want to work on your tact if you wish your opinion to be heard. I you have any more suggestions, please use the appropriate thread, if you wish to continue this discussion, pleas do so via PM so this thread can be kept clear for discussing the qualifier.

I see difference of opinion is automatically interpreted as hostile by some.

Hopefully this isn't a shared view. As I said, I'm not saying it's being run improperly, I'm just trying to get a handle on whether or not it's for me, and I'm already getting contradicting replies.

I don't just want to tune cars. If I didn't want to drive, or wasn't any good at driving, I wouldn't be here. I do, however, want to be able to set a car up (within restrictions) to my preferences, at least most of the time. I still have yet to get a concrete response on whether or not that will be the case, but what I do know for sure is that it IS NOT the case with the qualifier. This is what led me to post my concern in the first place, not a malicious attempt to derail the thread or downtalk the organizers, which seem to be doing a fabulous job with the series from what I've read in the archives.

I don't feel that I've been any less than tactful and respectful, but if I have, feel free to PM me about specifics and I'll clarify what was my intent.

Last edited:
Again, I do want to participate, it's just that the qualifier differs from the actual series format, or differs from what I'm incorrectly assuming is the actual series format. I love time attack. I hate repeating the same event ad nauseam. It's not the repetition of the laps, it's the fracture of my groove and focus by having to incessantly restart that I'm against.

We welcome ideas, comments, and feedback on the format of the WRS. We strive to make the event a positive one for all participants, but recognize that it will never be all things to all people.

Almost all WRS events will involve a fair amount of repetition. There are a few exceptional talents that can achieve their limit within a half hour or so of hot lapping, but most of us mortals require more time than that. This is one of the reasons that the qualifier is running for such a long time: to allow each participant the time to find their own limit prior to submission.

Also, our selection of these specific events for the qualifier was done after much deliberation. I can't get into the details, but rest assured that the primary driving factor behind the selection was to ensure a level playing field for all participants, a key factor in keeping the experience a positive one.

Ran some more today.. improved in both sectors by quite a bit. :D

Put a good few hours into that Quali.. and am at the point where it is gonna be VERY hard to improve. Thanks to the GTP Admin for putting all this together.. :cheers:

If I don't want to be beaten by you, as a faster driver, I better learn to drive better. If you don't want to be beaten by me, as a more experienced tuner, you better learn to tune better. ;)

This is why REAL race drivers and REAL time attack drivers have engineers, pit crews, mechanics, etc. Setting up a car for the driver according to his style is a major part of racing, period. Anyone who doesn't agree is misinformed.

With that being said, I'm not implying that ALL the events should allow suspension/transmission/drivetrain/aero tuning, but they most certainly shouldn't all DISALLOW it, and I would think the majority of the time, it would be an integral part of the competition.

Dude, Welcome to the WRS.
Personally speaking from my experience of REAL racing (karting, racing hovercrafts, track days time attack and drifting) only the top based teams with alot of cash can employ people in seperate jobs/trades. For example with regards to F1 teams, the guy who changes the wheels during a pitstop just changes the wheels during the pitstop, the engine engineers purely work with the engine etc whereas in other forms such as when i was racing hovercrafts, i was the driver, the refueler, making adjustments to engine, fan blade angles etc etc as i dont have the money to employ others. As for other forms of motorspot, Major drifting events...the drivers often carry out the adjustments themselves as the dont have the crew as i did, as with time attack, karting etc etc. Only the major motorsport events (usually televised) have actuall crews because they have the money to do this. Basically im trying to drill it into your head that your wrong. Im pretty sure that if jenson button andlewis hamilton didnt have the crew then they would be making the adjustments themselves.

As to the first part of your fantastic post, you can hype and hype and hype yourself up as a good driver and how you can beat ANYONE but untill the first few events and times are in words mean nuthing dont post that kind of things on the forums, as people will instantly take a dislike if you cant live up to the hype you create.

If people are allowed to change setups yes this will be good, but it makes it an unfair playing field to other racers. Having fixed rules makes it a level playing field so therefore times are represntitive of skill not money.

Oh and as to being misinformed...13 years of sim racing, 3 years of karting 6 years of hovercraft racing 2 years of studying perfomance car technology at university and a year as being a Citroen technician. As well as this Prep of race cars and then racing the prep'd cars on tracks such as zanvoort, spa the nordschleife plus many other tracks in the u.k.
Alex.

Dude, Welcome to the WRS.

Thanks!

Personally speaking from my experience of REAL racing (karting, racing hovercrafts, track days time attack and drifting) only the top based teams with alot of cash can employ people in seperate jobs/trades. For example with regards to F1 teams, the guy who changes the wheels during a pitstop just changes the wheels during the pitstop, the engine engineers purely work with the engine etc whereas in other forms such as when i was racing hovercrafts, i was the driver, the refueler, making adjustments to engine, fan blade angles etc etc as i dont have the money to employ others. As for other forms of motorspot, Major drifting events...the drivers often carry out the adjustments themselves as the dont have the crew as i did, as with time attack, karting etc etc. Only the major motorsport events (usually televised) have actuall crews because they have the money to do this. Basically im trying to drill it into your head that your wrong. Im pretty sure that if jenson button andlewis hamilton didnt have the crew then they would be making the adjustments themselves.

My stance is simply that tuning is an integral part of racing, and your last sentence backs up my point. There are no pit crews or mechanics in the game, you have to learn to do it yourself if you want to get everything out of the car.

As to the first part of your fantastic post, you can hype and hype and hype yourself up as a good driver and how you can beat ANYONE but untill the first few events and times are in words mean nuthing dont post that kind of things on the forums, as people will instantly take a dislike if you cant live up to the hype you create.

I never said I could beat anyone. All I said was that if I wasn't any good, I wouldn't be here. I think it would be a safe bet to assume that even the slowest person in the lowest division here is still a FAR better driver than 90% of those that you would run into in a random online room. Am I right?

If people are allowed to change setups yes this will be good, but it makes it an unfair playing field to other racers. Having fixed rules makes it a level playing field so therefore times are represntitive of skill not money.

Is using a 95lb jockey in the Kentucky Derby unfair? Is lowering the tire pressure in the slicks on a drag car unfair? Is changing the downforce on the back of a stock car unfair? These variables are part of the sport, just as tuning is part of Gran Turismo, and always has been. It would be different if some people hacked the game to allow tuning, but it was unavailable to others. But it's been included in the game as part of the realism. How is using a part of the game that's accessible to everyone unfair?

Oh and as to being misinformed...13 years of sim racing, 3 years of karting 6 years of hovercraft racing 2 years of studying perfomance car technology at university and a year as being a Citroen technician. As well as this Prep of race cars and then racing the prep'd cars on tracks such as zanvoort, spa the nordschleife plus many other tracks in the u.k.

Alex.

Congrats on all that; do you want a cookie?

Thanks!

My stance is simply that tuning is an integral part of racing, and your last sentence backs up my point. There are no pit crews or mechanics in the game, you have to learn to do it yourself if you want to get everything out of the car.

fair played agreed here, except where race series dont allow tuning such as ours.

I never said I could beat anyone. All I said was that if I wasn't any good, I wouldn't be here. I think it would be a safe bet to assume that even the slowest person in the lowest division here is still a FAR better driver than 90% of those that you would run into in a random online room. Am I right?

Is using a 95lb jockey in the Kentucky Derby unfair? Is lowering the tire pressure in the slicks on a drag car unfair? Is changing the downforce on the back of a stock car unfair? These variables are part of the sport, just as tuning is part of Gran Turismo, and always has been. It would be different if some people hacked the game to allow tuning, but it was unavailable to others. But it's been included in the game as part of the realism. How is using a part of the game that's accessible to everyone unfair?

its unfair if the rules stipulate that the weight of a jockey is X amout of KG's, if the tyres mush be a certain PSI to compete. So when the rules of the WRS stipulate for example racing hard tyres then it s expected that everybody uses them, i would feel pretty angry if people were running on racing softs and getting a better laptime, im all for allowing the suspension changes on some events but not every single event. I do agree that half the win is in the tuning of the car yet wouldnt it feel more rewarding if you won with the same car as everybody else? i personally think that if everybody was running the same car, same tyres, same setup and i won (one day please god) then i would be over the moon.

Congrats on all that; do you want a cookie?

only if you have fox's golden crunch, they are my favourite. Otherwise no deal.

My short take:

The WRS is about fair competition and level playing fields. Sometimes we allow tuning: that's a bonus, especially to people who love tuning their cars. Although you as a person can make it one, the WRS is not a competitive competition. It is a friendly competition for people to enjoy themselves and improve as a driver. If you always want to tune your car, stick to online racing and attend the odd WRS week where tuning is allowed. After all, participating in the WRS week in week out is not compulsory - you can come and go as you please. :)👍

EDIT: Nevermind, already stated :)

Jerome

its unfair if the rules stipulate that the weight of a jockey is X amout of KG's, if the tyres mush be a certain PSI to compete. So when the rules of the WRS stipulate for example racing hard tyres then it s expected that everybody uses them, i would feel pretty angry if people were running on racing softs and getting a better laptime, im all for allowing the suspension changes on some events but not every single event. I do agree that half the win is in the tuning of the car yet wouldnt it feel more rewarding if you won with the same car as everybody else? i personally think that if everybody was running the same car, same tyres, same setup and i won (one day please god) then i would be over the moon.

I get what you're saying, and I certainly don't want do dodge regulations or break rules, but using the wrong tires is VASTLY different than having more front toe-out than someone else because you prefer a sharper turn-in.

I think you're mistakenly assuming that I want to be able to tune the car so I can get an advantage. This is not the case. I use a DS3, so I'm already way behind the power curve when it comes to actually winning. I just want to be able to set the car up the way I like, and not even all the time, just sometimes.

I just want to say thanks to all the staff of GTP and of course the big guy for their efforts in once again providing a professional environment for the hardcore devotees’ as well as the casual enthusiast of the art form known as driving.

I'm so happy that part of the Ring was chosen for the registry. I will be devoting my spare time to the WRS as much as possible over the next year or two knowing that the skills I gain will pay dividends for GT6 and another shot at the Academy if the U.S. is so lucky.

I just want to be able to set the car up the way I like, and not even all the time, just sometimes.

That is honestly how it has been ran in the past. From time to time we will run a 'sim mode' combo where settings are welcome and much needed (Don't quote me, but something like 1 Tuning Event Per 5 WRS Events-ish?). I typically try my best setting and see what I can do, then I ask 'experts' for help. And the more the merrier, yourself included, I hope you do join us at least for those 'tuning' events if not other ones just because you enjoy driving 👍

Jerome

I get what you're saying, and I certainly don't want do dodge regulations or break rules, but using the wrong tires is VASTLY different than having more front toe-out than someone else because you prefer a sharper turn-in.

I think you're mistakenly assuming that I want to be able to tune the car so I can get an advantage. This is not the case. I use a DS3, so I'm already way behind the power curve when it comes to actually winning. I just want to be able to set the car up the way I like, and not even all the time, just sometimes.

Welcome to the WRS forum, I see you've already met the community members 👍 The fact that you have persisted with your point of view and tried to make your stance clear shows that you do genuinely have an interest in participating in what is a very honest, competitive yet friendly officially-organised weekly event on the GTPlanet forums.

We get that you would like to set the car up to suit you before attempting to be competitive on any given combo, and to be able to prove what you can actually do with a given car on a given racetrack. Surely you believe that every competitor here would like for every car to be more suited to their own driving preferences in order to do as well as possible every week. However, there are some things you must understand about the nature of the WRS:

• - Making drivers compete outside of their comfort zone, forcing improvement in areas previously not explored. Since everyone is intent on comparing WRS to real life motorsport (which it most certainly is not), plenty of racing drivers have to learn to drive around certain characteristics of their vehicles that sometimes simply cannot be remedied.

• - There are a large number of competitors in the WRS and the Race Admin staff do their best to keep the events varied in order to appeal to all at one stage or another. This includes having weeks where tuning is allowed for those who can eke performance out of the settings available and show their ability in that regard, weeks where tuning is NOT allowed so that everyone is dealing with the same vehicle in the same spec, running cars on possibly unsuitable and less grippy tyres to test throttle, brake and general car control, 3 lap races for those who wish to demonstrate their prowess in running consistently fast laps with AI obstacles as opposed to a lucky or magic lap after a week of non stop hotlapping etc etc. Surely you can appreciate that not everyone's tastes can be met every week. Regular participation is encouraged, compulsory participation is not.

• - The WRS qualifier is intended to place competitors in a division where they are surrounded by others of a similar ability who they can compete with, while at the same time comparing themselves to the very best who are competing alongside them on a weekly basis. By forcing people to run a qualifier to the same specifications as all other potential competitors, on a completely level playing field (apart from a very small minority who the AMG SLS may naturally suit in its current guise) at a technical racetrack, they are more likely to end up in a division where their weekly results will not result in them being out of their depth. It is no coincidence that those who end up at the top of the results sheet week in week out do so whether the combo is FWD, AWD, RWD, whether tuning is allowed or not.

• - On tuning weeks, not every parameter is open for adjustment. The tyre choice or power/weight ratio may well be fixed. It's all about variety and differing degrees of difficulty from one week to the next. I strongly recommend you have a look through the Weekly Race Series Archive forum to see the variety of combos the Race Admin team were able to come up with given the limited canvas of GT5:Prologue. Imagine what is possible with GT5, then try to understand that selecting one variable (tuning) to be allowed every single time is unrealistic.

• - There were reasons for picking this event as a qualifier, and it was discussed extensively between the Race Admin team. The nature of the WRS is that we run to what was previously called "Professional Physics", and in GT5 that equates to turning off Skid Recovery Force. This combo was selected as the qualifier because it guarantees that all drivers are running without SRF and therefore any artificially enhancing performance aid is automatically non-selectable. This helps us to place drivers in an appropriate WRS division, considering the fact that weekly events will also not allow the use of this aid. The fact that our criteria was met by a combo that happened to be one of the Special Events is coincidental and not representative of the WRS as a whole.

I trust and hope that the above information will assist you in deciding whether or not to create a GTP tag and run the WRS qualifier in order to participate in combos that suit your preference 👍

All the best
Maz

Don't need to quote Jerome at all - look back here it looks almost 50/50 for tuned vs untuned events. We used that alot in GT5:P WRS - the tuning shops were heavily involved in alot of those weeks and it was great fun to see the differences in each tuner's tweaks.

I like the mix - because some weeks I just don't want to be troubled with finding a tune that works for me - I just want to jump in the car, drive, and know that everyone else has to do the same thing.

Oh well, back on topic. Anyone have advice for the entry into the carousel for sector 3? I am having a horrible time getting consistency both entering, holding, and exiting that section and I'm sure its killing my time in that sector. Thanks!

Oh well, back on topic. Anyone have advice for the entry into the carousel for sector 3? I am having a horrible time getting consistency both entering, holding, and exiting that section and I'm sure its killing my time in that sector. Thanks!

My generic advice:

I'm no expert but I will try to help :lol:

Brake just around the "apex" of that curvy bit before the karusell (Look on your right and you see the curb curve). As your braking and approaching the corner place the car on the right of the track, then turn and "drop" into the karusell aiming to go "under" it (all done on the brakes still). When done right your speed will carry you up the banking but fall just short of getting flung out. This allows you to brake quite late and keep the apex speed high, the trick is managing to slow the car down enough without continuing over the top.

I found that is a better entry than simply "following the banking smoothly" as It seems to allow faster entry as well as load the tyres for a higher apex speed. I suggest trying that F40 License test and experimenting with a few techniques to improve, as that license test is solely the karusell.

Once in the karusell, transition from brakes to around 50 - 60% throttle in 2nd gear. Keep the car on the banking without dropping to low (means your going to slow) or falling out (obviously too fast). Keep your speed as high as possible, avoid wild pumping at the gas as this will cause your speed too vary to much which will lose time compared to a nice consistent input.

When the exit is sighted floor it and change to 3rd as you pop out. The exit should be relatively smooth and not feel like you were "flung out" over the edge. If you come out too soon you will understeer pretty badly and even find yourself running over the grass on the right. You want to avoid any sense of understeer on exit as that kills your speed and run for the next straight.

Anyway Hopefully that helps :lol:.

If anybody actually found that helpful I would be willing to offer my 2 cents on other sections as well 👍

Last edited:
I haven't driven sector 3 in the SLS yet, but I've noticed before that I do better on the carousel if I ignore the banking and try to hit the apex like a normal turn. It takes a few times to get the entry point right, but when you do it kind of "sticks" you in there.

Post by Maz

Thanks for all the clarification, that helps a lot. I've already started praticing on S2 and I've found that restarting before you actually get to the end of the course makes it a lot better, with a lot less "downtime" between attempts. Just have to get more familiar with not having a ghost and knowing how fast you're running without actually getting a finishing time.

I also feel I should clarify my other point, after reading all the responses. When I refer to "tuning" I'm only talking about suspension, diffs, tranny, and aero. Power, weight, tires and most importantly driver aids should definitely always be the same for everyone. In no way do I want to run with SRF, it ruins the whole point of the game.

At any rate, I intend to give it a shot. Nothing ventured... nothing gained.

Last edited:
I haven't driven sector 3 in the SLS yet, but I've noticed before that I do better on the carousel if I ignore the banking and try to hit the apex like a normal turn. It takes a few times to get the entry point right, but when you do it kind of "sticks" you in there.

Thats what I mean by "dropping" in rather than "following the banking" 👍 :cheers:

Always hard to explain it :lol:.

I have a question regarding ghost replays. Ever since GT5 came out, I've been wishing for the ability to load ghost replays from other accounts. It would be such a fantastic learning experience - especially with these type of time trial events. Unfortunately, besides loading ghost replays from the online leaderboard (i.e. GT Academy), I don't think it's possible to load a replay from a different account. Since the qualifier mentions saving the ghost replay, have you guys figured out how to use them? Thanks!

Peace \/
chisel316

I have a question regarding ghost replays. Ever since GT5 came out, I've been wishing for the ability to load ghost replays from other accounts. It would be such a fantastic learning experience - especially with these type of time trial events. Unfortunately, besides loading ghost replays from the online leaderboard (i.e. GT Academy), I don't think it's possible to load a replay from a different account. Since the qualifier mentions saving the ghost replay, have you guys figured out how to use them? Thanks!

Peace \/
chisel316

The qualifier actually does not have ghost replays available, but it does have normal replays available, which we've requested to have saved.

You can move them from one account to another, but it requires a data transfer to a USB stick, and then turning the folder into a ZIP file that can be posted to the forum here or sent over email. In turn, the other account has to Un-ZIP the folder and move it to a USB stick, then to their PS3.

We'll have a new step by step for everyone to use when that's required.

I don't think that really helps you with your questions, since it still would not provide easily viewable ghost replays across several tracks, like the old Prologue Leaderboards did.

Thanks for all the clarification, that helps a lot. I've already started praticing on S2 and I've found that restarting before you actually get to the end of the course makes it a lot better, with a lot less "downtime" between attempts. Just have to get more familiar with not having a ghost and knowing how fast you're running without actually getting a finishing time.

I also feel I should clarify my other point, after reading all the responses. When I refer to "tuning" I'm only talking about suspension, diffs, tranny, and aero. Power, weight, tires and most importantly driver aids should definitely always be the same for everyone. In no way do I want to run with SRF, it ruins the whole point of the game.

That's great to hear, and I'm very pleased to have been of assistance. This really is a brilliant community, you will undoubtedly enjoy your time here 👍

You will find that I merged your two consecutive posts into a single one. We ask that GTPlanet members use the 'EDIT' button if they wish to add more, whether related to the previous post or not, instead of adding a second consecutive reply (this is called double-posting). This is especially pertinent when nobody has added a reply after your first post 👍

All the best
Maz

Try it out for a couple weeks and if after trying the WRS you find it's not for you you could try having a series of tuning competitions.
I'm sure there are plenty willing to do races that are more involved with tuning.

I like the WRS because most of the time (this goes for others too) I don't have the time to tune a car before I can find it's limit and then to find my limit.
As mentioned, most weeks are set specifications set by the steward and I am more than happy to jump in and find my limit much quicker.
Those weeks that we have the option to tune there are plenty of tuners out there who supply tunes for us to use.
Thanks tuners, you know who you are. ;)

I really like this qualifier. :D

Those weeks that we have the option to tune there are plenty of tuners out there who supply tunes for us to use.
Thanks tuners, you know who you are. ;)

You let other people tune your car? That's like letting someone else shine your jump boots. :odd:

J/K ;)

You let other people tune your car? That's like letting someone else shine your jump boots. :odd:

J/K ;)

👍

I usually know exactly what to change according to who's tune I use.

I prefer a DC tune usually but a lot of the time Paulie has a spot on tune.
For me I look at what they change and try to make sense of it.
Sometimes my brain sees it, sometimes it don't. :sly:

All I know (in Prologue) was to tune the rear toe so I could control the car. :scared:

I never played Prologue, so I don't have any experience with how cars reacted to tuning in the game, also most of the race specs in the archive aren't making sense to me for the same reason.

I'm no expert but I will try to help :lol:

Brake just around the "apex" of that curvy bit before the karusell (Look on your right and you see the curb curve). As your braking and approaching the corner place the car on the right of the track, then turn and "drop" into the karusell aiming to go "under" it (all done on the brakes still). When done right your speed will carry you up the banking but fall just short of getting flung out. This allows you to brake quite late and keep the apex speed high, the trick is managing to slow the car down enough without continuing over the top.

I found that is a better entry than simply "following the banking smoothly" as It seems to allow faster entry as well as load the tyres for a higher apex speed. I suggest trying that F40 License test and experimenting with a few techniques to improve, as that license test is solely the karusell.

Once in the karusell, transition from brakes to around 50 - 60% throttle in 2nd gear. Keep the car on the banking without dropping to low (means your going to slow) or falling out (obviously too fast). Keep your speed as high as possible, avoid wild pumping at the gas as this will cause your speed too vary to much which will lose time compared to a nice consistent input.

When the exit is sighted floor it and change to 3rd as you pop out. The exit should be relatively smooth and not feel like you were "flung out" over the edge. If you come out too soon you will understeer pretty badly and even find yourself running over the grass on the right. You want to avoid any sense of understeer on exit as that kills your speed and run for the next straight.

Anyway Hopefully that helps :lol:.

If anybody actually found that helpful I would be willing to offer my 2 cents on other sections as well 👍

Used this tonight and found myself much more consistent through that area - I had been trying to take the entire thing in 3rd gear and that was killing the entry or sometimes flinging me out too early. I'll be interested to see how the fastest guys take this section though.

At first, I wasn't enjoying this much but with 3 hours under my belt all told for both sectors it is actually quite a bit of fun and I'm learning alot about the ring.

Thanks for help! Oh, and I can actually say that Vaxen's video also helped me a little tonight. :cheers:

Back