GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
Hey guys, been a while. I've been debating whether gts is with buying or not, primary reason would be so I can run wrs events. I'm sure there are lots of threads discussing +'s and-'s but I really only care what wrs'ers think. So, is it solid online, and are most guys planning on running in the new tt's when they start?

Hey guys, been a while. I've been debating whether gts is with buying or not, primary reason would be so I can run wrs events. I'm sure there are lots of threads discussing +'s and-'s but I really only care what wrs'ers think. So, is it solid online, and are most guys planning on running in the new tt's when they start?

imo, GTS is a very solid game worth buying. The sport mode has been very enjoyable for me so far, and once the WRS starts we'll be able to do TTs as well :)

Very solid online experience so far. Few cars, few tracks, but the new circuits make up for that somehow. I'll stay in WRS in whatever shape it takes really.

Hey there guys, was a long time away from GTP, WRS and, well, from PS and GT. But i'm back, looking forward to participate in the series again.

Hope i get some wheel soon, as my thumbs so hurt from the controller. :D

I would like to ask if this is a glitch or something else.
Working through the licences. Not rewarded silver while fast enough.
Familiar?
20171201_210947.jpg

Now, where are you? ;)

I just love GTS, it's very predictable and solid. The graphics are so clean and sharp, and I couldn't be happier given that I have been away for so long trying to get my life reshaped.
I had to basically had to abandon a profession that I poured my sole into for the past 30 yrs and go full time w/ plan B and it has paid off well enough that I have been able to rebuild a portion of my home and almost have my first re-roof done. I almost have my life back in order and I hope to have my Miata Race Car on the track in 2018.
This place has always been like a band of brothers and I hope to live stream my track time when I get out there. I got tired of pretending to be on the track and had to do what ever I could to do it for real and this next year will be a test for what I just love. TCOB

I just love GTS, it's very predictable and solid. The graphics are so clean and sharp, and I couldn't be happier given that I have been away for so long trying to get my life reshaped.
I had to basically had to abandon a profession that I poured my sole into for the past 30 yrs and go full time w/ plan B and it has paid off well enough that I have been able to rebuild a portion of my home and almost have my first re-roof done. I almost have my life back in order and I hope to have my Miata Race Car on the track in 2018.
This place has always been like a band of brothers and I hope to live stream my track time when I get out there. I got tired of pretending to be on the track and had to do what ever I could to do it for real and this next year will be a test for what I just love. TCOB
Welcome back @LeftyWright69 :gtpflag: I remember you were working on that Miata back in GT5. :)

@Pupik this post had me rolling! :lol: :bowdown:

Had to share it over here for the WRS'ers.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-topics-in-1986.370691/page-2#post-12095319
WRS Week 12: Prepare to Qualify

Game: Pole Position II
Track: Seaside
Car: (the only one)
Site: Local Pizza Parlor

Important Notices:

Best times around the track count
Bring your own quarters
No refunds
Wait your turn
No explosions

Sharing Your Replay:

Must bring buddy (no relatives) to vouch for times
Bring receipt showing purchase of one large pizza or calzone.

Does the change from Auto to Manual gear make big difference for DS4 users?

Yes absolutely, you'll get a whole new level of control over the car. Have to say that auto change in GTS seems pretty good but you'll find many times when you might want to short shift or hold a gear slightly longer, use the gears to slow down rather than hit the brakes and you can only do this with manual.

Switching will typically give you faster lap times and it's definitely worth making the move to manual, you won't regret it.

Any tip for the adaptation? tried once and found it very hard.
Wheel driver here, but had a few wheel issues recently and drove controller on GTS with the motion control.

I find it easiest to hold it on a flat plane, as if it was sitting on a table, and point it where I want the car to go.

But I have to drive with auto trans and countersteer assist, at least before the update I did.

Normally a couple seconds slower than my wheel time, but it's manageable and I could even run some Sport races.

EDK
Wheel driver here, but had a few wheel issues recently and drove controller on GTS with the motion control.

I find it easiest to hold it on a flat plane, as if it was sitting on a table, and point it where I want the car to go.

But I have to drive with auto trans and countersteer assist, at least before the update I did.

Normally a couple seconds slower than my wheel time, but it's manageable and I could even run some Sport races.

Not using motion control, tried twice and didn't liked... I think I have a good control over the stick (using a control freak little extension), my problem with the imputs are breaking and throtle... (besides not using manual gear)

Any tip for the adaptation? tried once and found it very hard.

Ex hard core DS user here....My main mapping that I used up until GT Sport was

Brake & Accelerator L2 & R2
Shift up = Square
Shift Down = X
Steering = Left stick

The rest you can configure as you want but don't be tempted to use the triggers for gear shifting unless you have a Pro controller like a Nacon where you can shorten the trigger throw.

Motion control is fun to use for a while but you'll soon find you can't get the precision you need. By all mean have a go it's definitely fun.

Edit:
Meant to say also ......

Adaption for me was about finding a mapping that suited me...after I landed on the above setting I never really looked back. It was hard for a while though but so worth the retraining.

Also if you have a few minutes watch this vid....It about Wheel vs Controller but the main point is that you can be competitive with a controller (his shift up/down on the wrong buttons was triggering my OCD :lol: )

Last edited:
Not using motion control, tried twice and didn't liked... I think I have a good control over the stick (using a control freak little extension), my problem with the imputs are breaking and throtle... (besides not using manual gear)
Sorry, I totally mis-read what you were trying to learn. :dunce:

Like learning anything new, isolating the new action in a controlled environment and repeating it will be the best way to adapt and learn.

I suggest taking the easiest to drive car, probably an FF, on the simplest layout that still requires shifting, probably the Kyoto Miyabi track.

I don't think starting straight away on this week's TT would necessarily be the way to go, but then again, it really only requires a couple shifts per lap. It's just that you are trying to manage that in some pretty difficult car control circumstances, which adds another variable layer to a learning situation.

Is there anyway I can change the origin of sound I hear while? Like there was an option in GT6.If I was driving with exterior view I could set it to hear sound from inside the car. Any setting like that?

Is there anyway I can change the origin of sound I hear while? Like there was an option in GT6.If I was driving with exterior view I could set it to hear sound from inside the car. Any setting like that?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but in the general games options/sounds you can adjust things like engine noise, transmission noise and engine noise from opponents

As I was saying (ahem , in the wrong thread) hope PD have this in the works for a future update.

Aston_Martin-Vantage_GTE_Racecar-2018-1600-02.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage_GTE_Racecar-2018-1600-04.jpg
Aston_Martin-Vantage_GTE_Racecar-2018-1600-06.jpg

Back