GTP_WRS'ers and their ride...

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 658 comments
Its no racecar or sports car but it goes in the woods.

20210121_153742.jpg

P car is home.

@ItsAllAboutWins you can come my anytime and add a picture to your collection. My wife can blow by you so it can be an actin shot.
View attachment 998768

Not hard to blow by me when I’m governed at 64 lol Plus I’ve already got the typical Porsche picture
799F30A8-51A4-4DC7-8B0B-FD1A515C30DB.jpeg

Being towed. Lolol

Although, I do appreciate your affinity for motorcycles.

here’s my old gixxer
8824A27F-B4AA-479A-BDC8-AA397E274A49.jpeg

Last edited:
Although, I do appreciate your affinity for motorcycles.

here’s my old gixxer
View attachment 998808

Affinity? I raced them for 27 of 29 years (2 years karts). Street riding for 42 years. They are waaaayyyyy better than cars.

Started street riding in 1980, where were you ?

Want to ride to the Arctic Ocean in a couple years. Want to join me?

The Boxster does handle very well, a step or two beyond my 128i.

Affinity? I raced them for 27 of 29 years (2 years karts). Street riding for 42 years. They are waaaayyyyy better than cars.

Started street riding in 1980, where were you ?

Want to ride to the Arctic Ocean in a couple years. Want to join me?

The Boxster does handle very well, a step or two beyond my 128i.

In 1980 I was just a twinkle in my mommas eyes lol wasn’t born until 83..

When I was growing up, I used to watch those cheesy super sport bike movies like Biker Boyz, Torque, and once there was a stunt teams video on direct tv called Adrenaline Crew (same guys who did the stunts for Biker Boyz) and that got me hooked.

Unfortunately my balance is to bad to ride now. I’m guessing something wrong with my inner ear, or just a natural preservation since I’ve never been good at riding bikes, but ATV’s are a different story. Plus my wife says she wants to keep me alive because I’m extremely wreckless. I tried to get a 2020 ZX6R before I got my Jeep. That was a no go from the boss.

I don’t know why I don’t like Porsche, honestly. Just things that have built up over the years. I’ve rode in a few and drove one once. Never really liked them at all to see the hype or price tag worth it.

Just been scrolling through the thread, I must say great cars guys. so I thought lets make an addition myself. It's not as great as any of yours but well I'll post it anyway. Unfortunately I had to get rid of her because i went to study and it was too expensive to maintain and i really didn't need because I have a bike for the short distances and students in the Netherlands have free public transport. Also it had some major repairs upcoming brake pads & discs, tires, major engine maintenance etc. I decided it was cheaper to buy a new one after my study then keeping it.

Any way here she is the Opel Corsa B Sport 1.4 16v ecotec. I mauled her quite a bit as I was 18 and loved cars & loud music 😛
View attachment 239489
This is how she looked when I bought her

Then I thought it would be a good idea to "tune" her in all the wrong ways.
I added lexuslook backlights, angel eyes, m3 cup mirrors, radio, subwoofer, 6 speakers, 2 amplifiers, neonlights, aftermarket pedals made my own subwoofer housing in the back. I resprayed a large portion of the dash and doorpods in mettalic black. well you get the idea.

View attachment 239494 View attachment 239495 View attachment 239496 View attachment 239497 View attachment 239498 View attachment 239499 View attachment 239500 View attachment 239501 View attachment 239502 View attachment 239503 View attachment 239504 View attachment 239505
In hindsight If i'd saved the money it would have been better to buy a better car. but still had a great time with it i have vivid memories of entering a MC drive backward(they do no appreciate that.), doing backward round abouts. Also yanking the e-brake and yelling POWAHH alot.

View attachment 239507 View attachment 239508 View attachment 239510 View attachment 239515 View attachment 239516
This is how she went away. Right after these pictures i had one last drive which involved a lot of smoke and a e-brake cable snapping. She went out with a bang!

This how she should be looking right now
http://www.happenstand.com/images/upload/0/3042/1264220084.jpg

It was a great car to learn driving but as of now I'm hoping to improve both car and taste. Mumbles something how could I've been this stupid and tasteless when I was young.

So if I get to drive it's mostly my dads new C3 or a new model Ford Ka from the mother in law. Looking forward to buy a BMW e46 as soon as i'm done with my study and leave it original 😛

:cheers:
Cheers,

Kevin
I've just been scrolling through this thread time well spend seeing which cars everyone had/has.

There's a little update on myside aswell. As seen in the quoted post i wanted to get an e46 after my study however things panned out differently. we endend up with a fiesta @PASM, @Gravitron and @GTP_Patrick1 might remember (forgot his handle)

Anyhow this yeat we had an relatively expensive m.o.t. after that the waterpump broke and last week the exhaust was broken so we decided we needed to do some car shopping. long story short we didn't end up with an e46 not even e92 we went with an f31 320i (184hp). I'll get some decent shots in the oncomming weeks. Anyway i'm over the moon with it. only having owned an opel corsa and semi owned a fiesta it feels unreal to own this car.

_MG_6957.png
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-03 at 18.45.34.jpeg

Last edited:
I've just been scrolling through this thread time well spend seeing which cars everyone had/has.

There's a little update on myside aswell. As seen in the quoted post i wanted to get an e46 after my study however things panned out differently. we endend up with a fiesta @PASM, @Gravitron and @GTP_Patrick1 might remember (forgot his handle)

Anyhow this yeat we had an relatively expensive m.o.t. after that the waterpump broke and last week the exhaust was broken so we decided we needed to do some car shopping. long story short we didn't end up with an e46 not even e92 we went with an f31 320i (184hp). I'll get some decent shots in the oncomming weeks. Anyway i'm over the moon with it. only having owned an opel corsa and semi owned a fiesta it feels unreal to own this car.

View attachment 1065102View attachment 1065104

Very nice dutchy very nice

Got the kid a new car. She picked a (relatively) cheap college, so used some of what we saved. Needs a car to come home on the weekends. We’re going to wait until summer, but with supplies what they are we bought now.
1FA8D65B-A477-4449-8DB1-9407E338EAB1.jpeg

Actually turned out to be a good idea. A week later a kid backed into her other car (everyone needs 2 cars) and totaled it.
0C07C0BD-9514-4F63-8B72-2A2C953463C8.jpeg

That was enough to total a 20 yo car.

Last edited:
Got the kid a new car. She picked a (relatively) cheap college, so used some of what we saved. Needs a car to come home on the weekends. We’re going to wait until summer, but with supplies what they are we bought now.View attachment 1100658
Actually turned out to be a good idea. A week later a kid backed into her other car (everyone needs 2 cars) and totaled it.
View attachment 1100659
That was enough to total a 20 yo car.
Adopting a 48 year old argentinian isn't a option right?

I finally started, I have more pics of the progress taken with the same phone, but it won't allow me to add them...
Gotta love straight 6's. Nice progress there.

In other news, I have a new daily (new to me) for a little over a year now:
20210606_202452.jpg

A 2008 BMW E90 330i with the ZF6 auto.

And here on its winter boots:
20211204_230352.jpg

Don't worry, the Clio is still with me ;)
20211016_174514.jpg

I collected my new car this morning.
It feels like a massive upgrade from the Discovery Sport I traded in for it

Unfortunately I’ve had to go to work this afternoon so I haven’t had a chance to give it a good blast yet
Nice. I had the F-Type for a while; probably same engine?

As this photo shows though, yours might be a bit more practical. We misjudged the size of this item and I had to leave my wife at the shops while taking it home. I did go back to pick her up though...

IMG-20170430-WA0001.jpg

Back