GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments

There seems to be a difference in Audio in all three title's.

One thing I did notice is the way The Doppler Effect worked in them all and I prefer the GT6 one.

Although engine tone is tad more realistic in GT Sport the Fly by or Doppler effect is always sounding as if the car is in an echo chamber or tunnel which takes away the realism a bit imo. This is not the case in GT6 and it also seems to get much louder as the car passes by.

Now with all the talk in 3D Audio I hope that the next generation title will improve on this matter.

If the doppler effect was a combination of GT6 replay and GT Sport engine note it would definately sounds much closer to real life.. again this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

There seems to be a difference in Audio in all three title's.

One thing I did notice is the way The Doppler Effect worked in them all and I prefer the GT6 one.

Although engine tone is tad more realistic in GT Sport the Fly by or Doppler effect is always sounding as if the car is in an echo chamber or tunnel which takes away the realism a bit imo. This is not the case in GT6 and it also seems to get much louder as the car passes by.

Now with all the talk in 3D Audio I hope that the next generation title will improve on this matter.

If the doppler effect was a combination of GT6 replay and GT Sport engine note it would definately sounds much closer to real life.. again this is just my opinion.

I read in an article from WIRED, that ray tracing is effective not only in graphic aspect, but also in sound.
Maybe we'll see how the sound will be changed.

Wouldn't adjusting the engine volume of opposing cars in GTS help fix this issue?

I'll let you believe that. It's not really worth discussing anyway. I already gave up hoping for a GT with proper sounding cars.
Only a very few amount of cars only did, I can say. But the ones I have in mind aren't in GT Sport.

Wouldn't adjusting the engine volume of opposing cars in GTS help fix this issue?
It's not the engine volume of opposing cars or your own car.
It's the way the Doppler effect is recreated, don't get me wrong I like how it sounds but it sounds too consistent (as if it's driving in a long tunnel).
The way GT6 did it is perfect for my ears and the engine volume goes from low to high depending how close the car is to the camera.
If only they had a decent engine sound back then.
GTS, yes it does go from low to high but it's pretty drawn out by the constant reverb of the car therefor making it sound like it's on a consistent pitch neither high or low and increasing sound effects or engine volume does not help this.

Those pics look familiar.... :D

screenshot.1okjdk.png

https://www.youtube.com/post/UgwvzdMpH0vlqbYzDtt4AaABCQ

I'm really mad.

View attachment 886291

This happened on the recent post from GT, Nssan GT-R 33. It's not the best model on the game, but this guy says that it looks the same... wow i'm impressed. By the way, @emula congratulations man! what were your feelings when GT followed you?
You really should not care about youtube comments as most of the time people just like to troll...
It is quite obvious besides lighting that things like better shaders, material textures and much better overall higher texture quality is displayed.

Last edited:
The headlamp lights on the 180sx aren't perfectly rounded like the rest of the car model. Amazing modeling still, but I wonder why some cars are like this, and if that's something PD devs will notice and catch for the model port to GT PS5.

Back