HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98 - SPORTS medium - 600pp (V2.1)

* * * on SPORT tyres for use in roadcar lobbys * * *

Stock: aero

Engine - exhaust parts
Weight - stage 3 weight reduction = 1239kgs

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

65 / 65
13.91 / 22.68
1 / 2
3 / 2
6 / 6
0.0 / 0.0
-0.05 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Gear ratio's are not nice at all, highly recommened:

Final gear - move all the way to the right
Top speed - move all way to left
Final gear - move back to around original ratio
Move 5th gear nearly all way to right
Evenly space out 4th, 3rd and 2nd if need be..

Last edited:
What racing did you do in real life??

Haven't posted the C West Razo yet, will be posting that shortly.. It always has been a bit uncompetitive when racing it lb for lb i.e. same PP or power / weight / tyres, it doesn't seem too bad for GT6 but it's a bit down on power as stock. Yes, it sounds like a wet fart amplified by a cherry bomb... not nice at all... !!

Tsukuba is ok, but I found that Brands Hatch Indy is quite a handy place for a very quick test, if your setup can't handle the first turn and last sequence / corners then you might need to look at it. Elevation changes in corners, camber and kerbs seem to be the things that can cause he most issues with setups, especially stock ones, so for the cars which seem very good stock, I try to make these problems area's a bit safer... hopefully!

Hi Pete..

Second setup should be a bit tighter, better feel, less soft / understeer-y.. most of my friends that tried it (compared to the first one) preferred it and went a bit faster with it generally... đź‘Ť

Thanks heaps man. Just did the GT3 championship in it with the first tune. Heaps better than default setup! I'll give the alternate setting a go. It sounds better suited to me & my style of driving. I need to be able to trust the front end more than the rear.

Thanks again & cheers. Pete

Amuse GT1 Turbo - SPORTS medium AND soft- 594pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero, engine

Fully custom gearbox (stock ratios)

Suspension (SOFT):

110 / 110
6.77 / 9.31
2 / 1
2 / 2
7 / 6
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.30

Suspension (HARDER):

110 / 110
8.66 / 12.48
3 / 2
4 / 4
5 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.10 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
Cool, no worries :D

The roll bar tweak is just a bit of a quick fix rather than a magic cure, sometimes swapping toe from + Front / - Rear can help, sometimes it's the diff etc etc ...

Have you given the Civic a spin yet? Curious to see how it went, it felt pretty good... (from someone who's a ma-hoo-siv VDub fan that says alot!!)..

Did change the G37 roll bars to 3 / 5. That definitely helps! Don't want to overdo it either because even though it wants to understeer, I don't want to mess up the balance.

I haven't yet had a go in the Civic, I may get on GT6 again on Monday night.

I have had a go with your aventador though. Fun FUN car, so driveable. đź‘Ť

Nissan C-West RAZO Sylvia '01 - RACING hards - 490pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero, power, gear ratio's

Suspension:

12.39 / 13.90
3 / 5
4 / 6
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
+0.05 / -0.05

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Since the GT300 cars are so low in pp shouldn't sports hard tyres be good for them? i think with racing hard tyres they will handle too good or i'm wrong?

Since the GT300 cars are so low in pp shouldn't sports hard tyres be good for them? i think with racing hard tyres they will handle too good or i'm wrong?

Without meaning to sound harsh or derogatory to any/all those using racing hards on the GT300's - Ricky, I agree with you.....it does feel a little bit too much with them. Some of the GT500's or DTMs almost feel to grippy and planted with racing hards..

It's not about trying to impress, or being elitist etc etc, it's about 'feel' and these low powered racecars just feel too planted and too 'grippy', sometimes lifeless with the racing hards - the GT300 BRZ being an example.

We raced the Megane trophy on sports soft, and will probably race the FT86 racecar on sports mediums - it's not about trying to impress, be elitist or show off, it's just that there is still plenty of grip with the lower tyres and the cars just feel better.

What racing did you do in real life??

Six years of racing off road style buggies at tracks in several mid-western states in the US. Nothing huge or glorious but still I had a lot of fun and wasted a lot of money during those years. I was sponsored and I also got involved in doing some series promotion towards the end of my run. GT6 is a lot safer and much, much cheaper. LOL.

The reason why I chose Fuji and Tsukuba are because I want to sponsor a series for the GT300 cars later this year when GT6 is better sorted. The tracks would be Fuji-F and Fuji-GT, Motegi, Suzuka, Tsukuba, Mount Panorama and Laguna Seca. I want to allow tuning within PP, weight and HP parameters. I will focus my testing on those tracks for balance purposes and to see if any of the cars are too much of a over or under dog.

By the way, I misspoke about using your tune on the Gariaya. That was another tuner's set-up. Do you have one for that car?

Last edited:
Without meaning to sound harsh or derogatory to any/all those using racing hards on the GT300's - Ricky, I agree with you.....it does feel a little bit too much with them. Some of the GT500's or DTMs almost feel to grippy and planted with racing hards..

It's not about trying to impress, or being elitist etc etc, it's about 'feel' and these low powered racecars just feel too planted and too 'grippy', sometimes lifeless with the racing hards - the GT300 BRZ being an example.

We raced the Megane trophy on sports soft, and will probably race the FT86 racecar on sports mediums - it's not about trying to impress, be elitist or show off, it's just that there is still plenty of grip with the lower tyres and the cars just feel better.

I do not agree nor do I disagree with your position on this but to me it does seem a bit "wrong" to put Sports tires on pure Race cars. I am not sure the GT300 BRZ is the greatest example here because although it is ridiculously easy to drive it also seems to be slow compared to the others. At least that has been my experience in testing all the models with my sons. Time after time the BRZ was the slowest or one of the slowest cars no matter which of us were driving. Again that was adjusting all the cars to 518PP with a maximum HP limit of 364(room HP) and minimum weight of 1050. All cars ran at their stock minimum weight. The BRZ has the highest HP at 361. Fastest to slowest the cars were all within slightly over 1 sec of each other on average with three different drivers testing.

Six years of racing off road style buggies at tracks in several mid-western states in the US. Nothing huge or glorious but still I had a lot of fun and wasted a lot of money during those years. I was sponsored and I also got involved in doing some series promotion towards the end of my run. GT6 is a lot safer and much, much cheaper. LOL.

The reason why I chose Fuji and Tsukuba are because I want to sponsor a series for the GT300 cars later this year when GT6 is better sorted. The tracks would be Fuji-F and Fuji-GT, Motegi, Suzuka, Tsukuba, Mount Panorama and Laguna Seca. I want to allow tuning within PP, weight and HP parameters. I will focus my testing on those tracks for balance purposes and to see if any of the cars are too much of a over or under dog.

By the way, I misspoke about using your tune on the Gariaya. That was another tuner's set-up. Do you have one for that car?

Cool, yeh, I bet that was alot of (sideways!) fun :D

Ah, OK, no probemo, if they are the tracks for the series then that would make sense - good luck with the series đź‘Ť

I did try the Gariaya, but didn't get on with it too well. No worries about the mention about the other tuner, I might have another go at it now we have the new physics.

Bit snowed under with our historic series at the mo, some of these cars are a wee bit loose :nervous:, I'll try and have another go at it but have already lost track of the requests / things to do from this thread :eek: !!!

I do not agree nor do I disagree with your position on this but to me it does seem a bit "wrong" to put Sports tires on pure Race cars. I am not sure the GT300 BRZ is the greatest example here because although it is ridiculously easy to drive it also seems to be slow compared to the others. At least that has been my experience in testing all the models with my sons. Time after time the BRZ was the slowest or one of the slowest cars no matter which of us were driving. Again that was adjusting all the cars to 518PP with a maximum HP limit of 364(room HP) and minimum weight of 1050. All cars ran at their stock minimum weight. The BRZ has the highest HP at 361. Fastest to slowest the cars were all within slightly over 1 sec of each other on average with three different drivers testing.

Yep, I agree with you it seems strange to put sports tyres on racecars, a bit like vica versa (racing tyres on roadcars - one of my pet hates!!!), but since the major physics change on GT5, GT has become almost a bit too 'grippy'.

When we started our 530pp roadcar series on GT5, some of those cars were a bit of an effort the get 'sorted' i.e. balanced and grip from driving wheels. But now, we run 550pp on sports hard and some of them still feel a bit too grippy.

The level of grip / traction seems to have increased alot since the start of GT5, almost like what were 'softs' (tyre compound) are now hards, or at least mediums..

By going down 1 or 2 'tyres', it artificially recreates the 'feel' of what GT5 was first like - if that makes sense??

Yep, makes sense. I find the Race hards to be too grippy offline and have used sports hards on race cars for some career races. Online, I find the tires to be less grippy and prefer the race hard tires so I can "place" the car on the track, take alternate lines for passing and avoid contact during braking and cornering in close proximity to other racers. I find the sports tires to be too skaty in online racing. They may feel great to someone with a lot of GT experience but I played GT sparingly before GT6 and when I compare it to what I remember from racing they just feel disconnected from the track to me. Bear in mine that my racing experience was on rubbered in dirt tracks with rolling jumps. Sometimes those tracks had far more grip than your average asphalt.

I have also convinced myself that I am a better "driver" than I am a "gamer" perhaps delusionally. My sons are much better "gamers" than I am and that is why they thrash me at GT6. Therefore, I need the crutch of tires that feel more "real" to me. That is my story and I am sticking to it! ;)

True, also i think the megane trophy car and brz car are good on ss or sm tyres (not less). I haven't tried the GT300 cars nor GT500 and the other categories... but in GT5 the silvia c-west and the other cars feel very good with sports tires. Have you considered that in the future (not now ;) we run GT300 cars on sports tyres?

Holden Commodore SS '04 - SPORTS medium - 550pp (V2.1)

Engine - max tune BUT stage 2 tuning, supercharger
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1342kgs
Fully custom gearbox(stock ratios)

Suspension:

120 / 120
11.27 / 7.61
4 / 4
5 / 5
3 / 3
0.5 / 0.5
-0.18 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

ALTERNATIVE:

Suspension:

120 / 120
12.45 / 6.19
2 / 4
3 / 6
4 / 2
0.5 / 0.5
-0.20 / +0.02

LSD:

NOTE: for both setups, you might want to try slightly higher rear brake to help car turn in under breaking, adjust to your style / needs

Aston Martin Vanquish '04 - SPORTS medium - 550pp

Engine - exhaust parts
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1376kgs

Suspension (SOFT):

90 / 90
9.12 / 9.49
1 / 3
2 / 3
6 / 5
0.7 / 0.3
-0.15 / +0.02

Suspension (HARD):

90 / 90
17.77 / 11.43
4 / 4
6 /4
3 / 5
0.4 / 0.6
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5 (can go lower at front if light on braking/trial braking, or if heavy braking i.e. 100% brake, use level or lower at rear)

LSD:

Last edited:
Audi RS 6 Avant '08 - SPORTS medium - 550pp (V2.1)

Engine - sports exhaust
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1518kgs

Suspension (SOFT):

145 / 145
14.20 / 9.07
3 / 1
3 / 2
5 / 7
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.02

Suspension (HARD):

145 / 145
19.94 / 13.01
4 / 5
6 / 5
3 / 5
0.6 / 0.4
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

4 / 5 (can go lower at front if light on braking/trial braking, or if heavy braking i.e. 100% brake, use level or lower at rear)

LSD:

8 / 12
25 / 11
10 / 10

Fr / Rr torque distribution:

25/75

NOTE: such a big, heavy car, with long wheelbase - getting the 'braking' right for you will be important, this could mean just adjusting the brakes, or possibly even damper change. With above setup, it's almost on a knife-edge with cold tyres, feels a little bit unstable, but doesn't take long to warm up and settle down, then it turns in fine and feels pretty stable.

Last edited:
Audi RS4 '01 (estate) - SPORTS medium - 550pp

Engine - sports exhaust
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1312kgs

Suspension (SOFT):

105 / 105
11.40 / 6.66
3 / 1
3 / 2
5 / 7
0.6 / 0.4
-0.15 / +0.02

Suspension (HARD):

105 / 105
16.29 / 10.35
4 / 5
6 / 5
3 / 5
0.6 / 0.4
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5 (can go lower at front if light on braking/trial braking, or if heavy braking i.e. 100% brake, use level or lower at rear)

LSD:

8 / 12
25 / 11
10 / 10

Fr / Rr torque distribution:

25 / 75

Last edited:
As always thanks for the tunes and help Andy! This week I had a 500pp muscle car race and used your Shelby gt350r '65 tune. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to test it beforehand, I just jumped in at race time. And I did not gel with this one. Couple of quick adjustments between races but never got it to work. I just hung on for dear life and tried to finish. These older cars are just extremely difficult to figure out. We'll get them next week. Will post here when the combo is picked.

As always thanks for the tunes and help Andy! This week I had a 500pp muscle car race and used your Shelby gt350r '65 tune. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to test it beforehand, I just jumped in at race time. And I did not gel with this one. Couple of quick adjustments between races but never got it to work. I just hung on for dear life and tried to finish. These older cars are just extremely difficult to figure out. We'll get them next week. Will post here when the combo is picked.

DOH!

You should've gone for the '69 Vette...!!! It's a bit more responsive and would probably need less adjustment..

The 350 probably needs more tweaking (to individual preferences / settings / styles)...plus it's just not as fast as some of the other cars in / of the same class / era...

Oh well, not to worry, let me know about next race and hopefully we can get you sorted with another Whitey special :D

đź‘Ť

Amuse GT1 Turbo - SPORTS medium - 594pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero, engine

Suspension:

110 / 110
8.72 / 11.85
3 / 3
4 / 4
2 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

A very hard car to tune. Not had much luck with the beast myself. Seems prone to ending up on it's roof lol. Can't wait to give this a go!

Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Haven't had a chance to try it yet but will leave feedback when I do. Cheers =)

Hi Flash đź‘Ť

No worries.. :D seems to be a bit hit and miss i.e. OK for some but understeer for others, if you're finding it understeers too let me know and I can suggest some changes that hopefully might help đź’ˇ

A very hard car to tune. Not had much luck with the beast myself. Seems prone to ending up on it's roof lol. Can't wait to give this a go!

Cool, this is a beast of a car, but might need a different setup for flatter / smoother tracks, not sure. As with alot of my setups, gone with a softer approach to play it safe and help with traction, rather than creating a tyre smoking sideways monster... :D

Thanks for your support and trying the setups :bowdown:

TVR Speed 6 '97 - SPORTS medium - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero, weight

Engine -stage 2 tune & other parts
Fully custom gearbox (stock ratios) - final gear all wy to right, top speed all way to left, return final gear to required top speed

Suspension:

110 / 110
9.49 / 8.13
2 / 4
3 / 6
4 / 4 (could also run 3 / 3)
0.0 / 0.0
-0.10 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

11 (maybe +1 or +2 if you have heavy right foot)

Honda HSV-010 GT Base model '12 - RACING hards (V1.2)

Stock: engine

Adjust aero / gears to suit track

Suspension:

60 / 60
16.61 / 15.46
1 / 2
2 / 6
5 / 3
1.0 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.10

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

What's the pp on this? I need it because a filter I'm setting up on the directory won't accept "0" and won't list the tune if left blank.

Back