Hardest car to master?

• Thread starter elbanjo
  • 92 comments
Ferrari 512BB, Ford GTLM Test Car, Honda NSX. These cars are not just slightly tricky to drive, but to actually get them to their highest potential takes a lot of work 👍

All the best
Maz

I've only been playing a week or so and don't have alot of cars, but so far for me it's the F430. I find this car oversteers so bad when I get off the throttle at all. The 1 lap challenge at Daytona in the A class races actually has me ready to smash my wheel into pieces.

The 1 lap challenge at Daytona in the A class races actually has me ready to smash my wheel into pieces.

You will be enraged by this until you realize that if you want to win, you'll have to cheat. You'll be amazed by the cornering speeds you're capable of when you use the other cars as railings to hold you in to the corners that you're cutting. There's no reason to behave yourself when you're racing against the computer, so don't.

You wanna hardest car to master? Ok, here is the way to get it - take the most powerfull car which is rear wheel driver + chose N1 tyres + switch off all driving aid + manual shifting + tracks either suzuka or fuji = hardest car to drive. Enjoy!!!

So far for me it's the F40 and the TVR Tuscan. I simply can't pull off a good lap in either of them.

For some reason I really enjoy driving the F430. It's nervous but I don't find it as hard as the two above. The lift-off oversteer on the London track (turn 2-3) however is quite terrible on this car.

according the cars i have driven s far i would say the GT Limited...
such a middle-engine high-power car needs to be "kept under gas" (i don't know better to explain)...for example...the GT flies off quiet fast when you take of the gas i a curve...except from straits you always have to have the food a bit on the acceleration pedal...the GT is not made for drifting or so..it is built for fast cornering like on rails...
i guess this car is easier to be driven with wheel than with pad...

What you are talking about, Turbo-Kai, is "lift off oversteer" as pointed out by LIL_KACHING and MSH, and yes, there are several cars one must stay "on throttle" with to keep them under control.

Some drivers adhere to "left foot braking", that is, applying a gentle amount of braking will maintaining full/partial throttle, and this will prevent lift-off oversteer to a degree, but will also not be the fastest way through a corner in most conditions. ;)

You wanna hardest car to master? Ok, here is the way to get it - take the most powerfull car which is rear wheel driver + chose N1 tyres + switch off all driving aid + manual shifting + tracks either suzuka or fuji = hardest car to drive. Enjoy!!!

Wait... are you telling us you drive automatic and think Suzuka is hard?
What are you? A Daytona automatic driver?

Hello, I've been viewing these forums for quite some time now. I've been reading some very interesting threads and decided to post some of my personal opinions on this game, which I like a lot.

On the actual topic of this thread, the car I find the hardest to drive in GT5P is the Blitz Dunlop. With professional physics and assists off, the car only oversteers, even on the smooth bends of the High Speed Ring. I understand it is a drift car, so therefor it has a natural tendency to get sideways, however, being that I'm not so much of a drifter but rather a follow-the correct-racing-line kind of racer, I find it very difficult to keep the car straight. I've even stopped using it in races because I have to way too moderate with my acceleration to prevent oversteer, causing me to lose too much time against the AI which somehow manages to drive it perfectly smooth and much faster as if the issue wasn't even there.

Wait... are you telling us you drive automatic and think Suzuka is hard?
What are you? A Daytona automatic driver?

No man I am telling you how to make you driving experience unbearable in gt5prologue or extreme one i would also say. My driving setup is - playseat + g25 + '37 + dolby digital 5.1 + pro physics + manual + fuji online in GTR.

I thing among all tracks in gt5 suzuka and fuji are hardest to drive on especially with rear wheel drive car that "tend to oversteer like a bus on ice".

I can say that i dont drive daytona at all. Usually i prefer fuji.

To master it would be the f2007. you need the reactions to a fly to handle it at full pelt

To master it would be the f2007. you need the reactions to a fly to handle it at full pelt
I agree. Anyone can drive the F2007, but you have to be someone (not saying that I am "someone") really special to push it to its limits.

Either of the TVR cars. There are certainly faster rides available but I don't find any of them quite so irritating. They're sure pretty, though. Once I put in the time they'll probably come along alright, but I haven't been so annoyed so quickly by a car in a while.

The Ford GT (stock) without driving aids and with DFGT Manual around Fiji Speedway was an absolute catastrophe. It took me a least an hour to put in a half descent lap. Probably just my driving though.

I agree. Anyone can drive the F2007, but you have to be someone (not saying that I am "someone") really special to push it to its limits.

Agreed also.

After seeing D holland and Trick R's lap. I was amazed how they manage to pull those high corner G's out in Daytona Road course and Suzuka. I was trying to catch them, but I either went straight trough the wall, or oversteers a lot. To drive that car to the limit needs proper concentration.

As for the production car? I say both the Ford GT's. Lift off oversteer is a killer!

Yeah the F1 is the hardest to actually master and achieve the best times in my opinion. Next on my list would be the elise 111r tuned on sport or normal tyres - I just can't put in good lap times with it.

It's impossible to master the F1, you have to be talented as an F1 champion to do it. ( If you're a undiscovered F1 talent, forgive me, I would never try to hurt your feelings ;) )

The GTLM and F40 are oversteering demons, special note to the F40, a car under the control of your right foot, the amount of throttle translates into chassis movement and car behaviour, and awesome and difficult beast to handle. I like it. 👍

The tuned elise deserves a mention, it's hard to control all that cornering speed, it can be quite easy or utterly hard to master, it depends on your driving style, IMO.

I agree F1 should not be included in GT game, not every one could drive that racer machine. But game should allow to drive every car. Also WRC cars should not be in GT game. It's also hard to master drive those cars,

Corvette Z06, Ferrari 599.. First one breaks loose on Suzuka at 120mph+, the latter one just has too much power for its own good.

Latest Posts

Back