Hardest car to master?

• Thread starter elbanjo
  • 92 comments
Yeah, most of the mid-engine cars are beasts, especially, if you don't have a steering-wheel. So I have the Tuned Corvette as my favorite

Yeah, most of the mid-engine cars are beasts, especially, if you don't have a steering-wheel. So I have the Tuned Corvette as my favorite

But it wasn't that hard to manage them on Standard, as it is hard to drive them on Pro like you said :yuck: Although I hardly played without TCS. :scared:

And I think the F2007 is really hard to control. Especially with a pad like I did when I often played GT5P, about a year and a half ago :(

GTLM is quite a handful for sure, but it does have a lot of grip.
F40 is also a beast, it's near 20 year old suspension is apparent.

I agree F1 should not be included in GT game, not every one could drive that racer machine. But game should allow to drive every car. Also WRC cars should not be in GT game. It's also hard to master drive those cars,

Why should cars be excluded purely because they might be hard to master?
Someone else might be able to master them or at least they will offer a challenge to learn how to master them.
If GT is indeed a sim ( I know, this is debatable ) the cars included should handle like their real-life counterparts ( some cars are indeed hard to master ).
If GT should be a game everyone can master immediately, I suggest keep playing in Arcade-mode, but suggesting cars should be excluded because you are not able or willing to learn driving them and therefor everyone else should not be is absurd.

Overpowered Mid-Engine Cars ... those are the hardest... especially the forementioned FORD GT LEMANS tuned ... i would love to drive that thing.. but it's so intense, i try to stay away from it... :scared:

The GT-R from Nissan, it oversteers like ****!

Actually, the main problem of the GT-R is it's excessive weight, it's controlled and composed, but if you lose control it's very easy to overcorrect it and end up in out of the track. If you always take an slow in fast out approach, the GTR becomes one of the easier cars to drive in the game, in my opinion.

Overpowered Mid-Engine Cars ... those are the hardest... especially the forementioned FORD GT LEMANS tuned ... i would love to drive that thing.. but it's so intense, i try to stay away from it... :scared:
Is there a GT LEMANS tuned in the game? :embarrassed:

Found it strange not to find the Art Morrison Corvette (C1) here till now.

Might not be the hardest, but you have to break ages before other car's breaking points, start the throttle oh so softly or drift and then you notice you are almost as fast as other cars. A real challenge to drive this C1 consistently against it's limit.

the hardest car is as mentioned before, the GT LM Concept car in my opinion.. It's just so hard keeping it at the edge of grip for those fast corners without initiating a drift ;P I've lost so many times to other players due to the excessive oversteer..

The lotus on the other hand is a dream to drive as far as I think.. It is like it's supposed to be: A go-cart.

Haha read through this page again and I find it funny that my two favorite cars are considered among the hardest.
I love how evil the GTLM is and I love to drift with the F40.
Drifting with the GTLM can be tricky but once you know how to throttle it it's soooo satisfying.

the hardest car is as mentioned before, the GT LM Concept car in my opinion.. It's just so hard keeping it at the edge of grip for those fast corners without initiating a drift ;P I've lost so many times to other players due to the excessive oversteer..

The lotus on the other hand is a dream to drive as far as I think.. It is like it's supposed to be: A go-cart.

I agree, it seems that regardless of what settings you do to the Ford GTLM Race Car, it still ends up having a degree of overstter if one is to drive without LFB.
On the otherhand like you said the Lotus is a dream if you can handle it.:D
The Lotus is very fast through corners and one has to know how to extract all its cornering potential to make up for the lack of straight line power. It's good fun to push the 111R to the edge. With a good tune is is a pleasurable drive.;)👍
OnlineGT

Any of the rear wheel drive cars can bite, but most only give you a nip and then only reluctantly after you've stood on their tails and pulled their ears. But that would be 'most'.

The TVRs are different. They look fierce, have a tremendous bark and that's just a prelude to their vicious bite, wolf's clothing with a tiger inside and an angry stripy kitty at that. If the other RWDs only retaliate under pressure the TVRs take no provocation to deliver punishment for no apparent reason -- it's like they are fuelled with PMT rather than petrol. Still, at least the TVRs are predictable, in the same way you just know a pitbull terrier will rip you a new rectum if you don't treat it just right.

The F40 is an interesting animal too. The driver initially accelerates up to terryifing speeds which is all well and good for a supercar, but astute pilots will note that Ferrari's finest of the '80s is in fact only in reaching the top end of second gear when most supercars are well into third. This should be a clue that the F40 differs a little from the average mega-vehicle and that will become sort of apparent the brake pedal is depressed, and blindingly obvious when the steering wheel is turned. Both operations will affect the direction of the F40 about as much as a gentle nudge of the stirrups to a stallion enraged by a branding iron applied to its backside. In short, the ability of the F40 to turn and corner is simply nowhere near its ability to accelerate and that combined with something called lift-off oversteer (or, blind panic) makes it a challenging drive even if you only need change gear twice a lap.

Still, the F40 is not the most challenging car. If the TVRs take no provocation for turning around and applying their fangs to whichever part of your body happens to be in range, then at least you needed to be within range. There is one car that will not just bite without provocation but will go out of its way to look up your address, come round, suggest you've been looking at it sideways across the pub parking lot before removing your teeth with a camshaft. It is even quicker than the F40 in a straight line, but it turns in much more quickly because it cannot wait to deliver you to the hell you so richly deserve for even daring to slip into its cockpit. I would call it lift-off oversteer but that implies some sort of resemblance to normal handling characteristics -- I believe a better term is "instant death". Most other cars only handle the same way when a wheel falls off as you enter a corner, or if they have some mechanism to shift the engine momentarily about two metres behind the rear wheel to really get the thing rotating around its axis. It is a car with a suicide mission on every turn and it wants your company in purgatory. It is the most challenging vehicle in GT5P, the fastest way to your first crash and it is the Ford GTLM.

I find your assessment of the TVRs most interesting. I tried a Tuscan at Suzuka, admittedly with standard physics but otherwise all aids off (no adjustments via quicktune either) and using a wheel not a sixaxis, and honestly I expected what you said - vicious oversteer. I was instead frustrated with what I would consider as epic understeer. Even excessively-audacious Scandinavian flicks, and jumping on and off the brakes on turn in did nothing to invoke oversteer. I just could not get the car to turn it at all. Perhaps I should try professional physics (and maybe the Tamora too) before forming a belief that something is amiss with the TVRs handling.

I find your assessment of the TVRs most interesting. I tried a Tuscan at Suzuka, admittedly with standard physics but otherwise all aids off (no adjustments via quicktune either) and using a wheel not a sixaxis, and honestly I expected what you said - vicious oversteer. I was instead frustrated with what I would consider as epic understeer. Even excessively-audacious Scandinavian flicks, and jumping on and off the brakes on turn in did nothing to invoke oversteer. I just could not get the car to turn it at all. Perhaps I should try professional physics (and maybe the Tamora too) before forming a belief that something is amiss with the TVRs handling.

Ah.

Standard physics is to real physics as left-handed surfing is to following Tiger's example. Or the results children get at school vs the results in the harsh reality of the business world. Chalk, cheese...you get my drift and you'll drift too on the real deal, Professional.

The F2007 followed by cars like the NSX-R, F430 and Cappuccino/Tuned.

Ah.

Standard physics is to real physics as left-handed surfing is to following Tiger's example. Or the results children get at school vs the results in the harsh reality of the business world. Chalk, cheese...you get my drift and you'll drift too on the real deal, Professional.

Yes, I agree. I tend to use professional physics when driving alone, standard when racing online or in the tougher events. I've only had the game a month or so, long way to go yet in terms of ability (but happily progressing - time trials I have managed top 500 most times, even got top 100 for one track/car combo :sly: )

EDIT: Have finally driven the TVR on pro. And yes, there is oversteer - and not too unmanageable when kept within a sensible range. The understeer wasn't as bad by virtue of being a lot smoother and more cautious, which is ultimately quicker than getting the beast [a little] sideways, but somewhat less enthralling. Also provoking the tail out helps to counter understeer a little, but I still found the nose pushing wide on turn in; eventually the back comes round when overloading the rears with the throttle. I'd agree that it's more tame than the GT LM...

Last edited:
I am new here and this is my first post, hopefully not the last.

Although I have completed all the classes and races, I am still learning the GT5P. I expected a lot more from the GT-R but I find it to lose the back end easily. On the other hand, I like the Vipers.

Why is everyone complaining about the FORD GT LM It's a breeze to drive! I mean really, I think the Lotus/Tuned (the expensive one) is HARD to drive...

But seriously, is the F2007 is that hard? It's not, it's very easy to drive and go fast in, or is it just me?

Ford GT LM, easily. I think the F1 car is easy to drive since it has so much grip but each to their own...

I am new here and this is my first post, hopefully not the last.

Although I have completed all the classes and races, I am still learning the GT5P. I expected a lot more from the GT-R but I find it to lose the back end easily. On the other hand, I like the Vipers.

Welcome to gtp. :)

I bought the the gtr and found it amazing at the time however recently I have gone back to it and now I hate the handling I find the opposite to you and find it has to much understeer.
I have been doing a couple of runs with the gtlm and have realised just how hard it is to master, you have to have throtle control of a god to drive it fast.

But seriously, is the F2007 is that hard? It's not, it's very easy to drive and go fast in, or is it just me?

The F2007 may be easy to drive with a steering controller(Wheel), in contrast, it could be really hard to do it with a pad, though I've never done it yet...

Last edited:
For the F40, all I get is a crapload of understeer, so I rarely drive it.

The GT40-LM is the fastest of the tuned cars, but has a lot of lift-off understeer. From what I understand, to master it, you never get off the gas. Even when you brake, keep a tiny bit on the gas. Basically the video game version of left-foot braking. I've tried this a couple of times, but its a bit of a challenge with the sixaxis controller.

No, it's not really that hard to drive the F2007 fast. For an experienced player relatively easy to go faster than a large majority of the people out there, but to reach the limits Holl01, Mad92d and the like do is seemingly impossible.

The thread is about the hardest car to master, not drive and go fast. The F2007 is pretty easy to drive and go fast, but difficult to master.

Back