Hardest car to master?

• Thread starter elbanjo
  • 92 comments
I reckon It's the ferrari umn...argh I can't remember its name...it something '92. It oversteers EVERYtime. I always find myself having to downshift to keep control, and therefore always slower laptimes. BTW, I know I shouldn't post this here, (and who knows it might be against the rules but I ain't got time to read 'em D:) but does anyone fancy a race on GT5P right now? (I tried the live chat thing...no-ones online lol)

F40 buddy. That's what you're thinking.
I've seen NSX as tough. HA! Drove it with sports tires, manual, no TCS, on Fuji, and it was a fun drift-happy car.
Toughest car? Drive the Ferrari F430, tune full hp, less weight, no TCS/ABS/ASM/Active STeering, on S2 tires, manual transmission.
On the Eiger Nordwand.
That race will deserve the title "The Drive of your Life"

The hardest car for me is definitely the Ford GT Concept. As soon as you lift off the throttle, you have to go full opposite lock. Man that car is frustrating. In my opinion the car is pointless.

Also, the F430 is my favorite car to drive. If you don't thrash it around it drives really tight, thanks to the car's balance. Drive it smooth and smart, and you'll learn that it's a magnificent beast.

Ford GTLM, you can drift with this car, but i think the hardest car to drive is the f40 or the.... (forgot the name..), the old silver car... ^^

^The silver car is the '60 Morrison's Corvette. For me, it's probably the F40 because of the sluggish steering. Push it too far and it's like driving a bus on ice.

The hardest car for me is definitely the Ford GT Concept. As soon as you lift off the throttle, you have to go full opposite lock. Man that car is frustrating. In my opinion the car is pointless.

The car didn't use to be like that before the update

Preupdate it was a wonderful car to drive, yet still challenging. After driving it post update as you said it has become pointless, or rather useless with other the top oversteer and generally poor handling. This is not accurate to the real car as the real thing has been praised by many media, even Jeremy Clarkson for having wonderful handling

The F2007 is also hard to master because of the rediculous steering lock on the car. You have to turn the wheel well over 200 degrees to get the maximum out of the tires for almost every turn. Watch them in real life, only in hair pins do you see them turning the wheel more then 90 degrees either way

Jay
The thread is about the hardest car to master, not drive and go fast. The F2007 is pretty easy to drive and go fast, but difficult to master.

It maybe easy to go fast because it's already fast but when you are racing in it, it's another story. It's harder to pass since you are going so fast already and easy to lose it if you go to fast with it. Tons of grip but when it breaks loose you better be quick about it. Now if you can find someone your own pace doing a clean pass takes a lot of precision. Don't you think that is why they say only the best drivers can race F1 cars? All the other cars like the F40, Ford GTLM or even the stock GT with the right setup and driving style it would be easier to drive but yes it can be a handful for the inexperienced.

I have driven the Lotus 111R(?is that correct?) around Suzuka, the tuned one to be precise. But even touching the brakes will catapult it sideways as far as I've tried. Just as bad or even worse as I have had with a regular Ford GT, though haven't driven the LM version yet.

I'm talking about stock settings in Arcade. Preferably on Suzuka.
On the other hand I find the F430 to be... almost incredibly easy to handle actually.
Very nice car in my opinion. You just have to drive tidy with it. But I guess it's all a matter of preferences and differences in driving style.

The Elise 111R uned is a very oversteery car, if you steer to much. That car requires barely any steering input to go where you want it to. Go over it's limit and it oversteers suddenly and crazily.

The Ford GT LM is defenitely up there for me. Tried driving it around Suzuka a few times and never touched it again. :ill:

With the GT LM you have to change your driving style. You can no longer brake late in a turn and then mash on the accelerator coming out of the turn. This car is actually an excellent "How to drive fast." teaching tool. The car is a mid engine rear wheel drive car. It has a good center of gravity and a good moment of inertia.

To drive the car, start with one of the Suzuka 750pp spec-3 tunes. They tame the over-steer down to manageable. I use ABS1 and started with TC1, but now turn it off. I'm trying to tame my lead foot by brute force. On an S-10 750pp build with R1 tires I easily manage a low 2:03 lap driving conservatively. Lap times under 2:00 are possible. My lead foot often causes me problems however leading to inconsistent times. But that's why I'm driving the car.

Begin by chanting slow in fast out. Brake hard before the turn. You will not brake during the rest of the turn. Gently turn into the apex and apply a little continuous throttle throughout the turn. This keeps some weight on the back wheels. As you begin to straighten out gently apply more throttle. You will not be all the way on the throttle until the wheels are completely straight.

Done right you should hardly squeal the wheels. If you apply brakes to late, or in the middle of the turn and you'll over-steer, often violently. Don't have a little gas during the turn and you'll over-steer. Get too excited coming out of a turn right behind the 3rd place car in the 5th lap of the S-10 race and you'll spin out and cry in frustration.

It is possible to use the car's quirks to your advantage if you find yourself going to fast into a corner. Brakes applied at the right time can cause the car to over-steer into a barely controllable, but slower drift. Lift-off over-steer can be used in the same manner.

I actually like the F430, but all of the Ford GT's, tuned or otherwise are a nightmare for me to keep under control. Actually now that I am driving it a lot more combined with some tips from here, I am getting better with this car (Ford LM).

Last edited:
I think to master has to be the F2007.

The reaction times necessary to race that thing to the limit are ridiculous. Flying into the first turn at Suzuka at warp speed and letting the downforce work its magic is just crazy. By the time I've figured out what steering input was needed it's already too late. You just have to be lightning quick, I don't see how guys do it.

The reaction times necessary to race that thing to the limit are ridiculous. Flying into the first turn at Suzuka at warp speed and letting the downforce work its magic is just crazy. By the time I've figured out what steering input was needed it's already too late. You just have to be lightning quick, I don't see how guys do it.

That is true, but man is it ever fun to whip it around the track... until I spin out :dopey:

the 599 with the traction control off i alwaysrive with no stability or traction control but the 599 and the ford gt are the hardest for me

To master? Well, I drive all cars without ASM or TCS...
I'd say to master, its the F2007, unlike any other car, you need to be on and off the power like without thinking.

umm... Ford GTLM... crazy to drive, oversteer is mad. But personally I found the 599 the worst, it just wants to make you crash!

+1. hardest to master = F2007. Easiest to put into the wall: The Ford GT LM.

Hardest car to master hmm my modified Evo 9, Its a complete handful and handles like a mongrel but when you can control it, It is unbeatable 9 out of 10 times atleast

Back