Has GT6 been abandoned by PD?

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 935 comments

Do you think GT6 has been Abandoned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just cant belive GTP Staff/admin cant or wont get their hands on any news or truth about whats happening or when the features will come along
GTP members deserve to know this stuff , this is the fanbase , vocal majority , we are all customers & we have the right to know when the promissed features & content will be available to us

i just cant belive GTP Staff/admin cant or wont get their hands on any news or truth about whats happening or when the features will come along
GTP members deserve to know this stuff , this is the fanbase , vocal majority , we are all customers & we have the right to know when the promissed features & content will be available to us
GTP's not the only one Gran Turismo fan forum.

vocal majority
Now you reminded me of that so called ''protest'' earlier this year where some of GTP users decided not to play GT6 online to show kuzka's mother to PD and Kaz. The GT userbase is too large to be only in GTP.

So to avoid such 'false marketing' they would have to send me a physical copy of the GT Apex II book that was promised with the Anniversary Edition pre-order? Like I can see that happening! Even though a 'physical' edition of the book was not specifically written I still haven't received a digital version or access to such. They have already falsely advertised this product and my first pre-order in years, hoping that this would be an improvement over GT5, has now become the last time I will ever pre-order again.

I also pre-ordered the Anniversary edition, but can't remember that GT Apex II was a part of the deal. Maybe it's a local offer from some retailers, don't know.

One of the reasons I pre-ordered was the 1M credits so that I could buy some cool Ferrari from the start. I remember that didn't turn out smooth. Had to wait 2-3 days till the PS store code worked. Then the 'hack' came out short after so 1M credits wasn't special at all..

Also, 1 week after I pre-ordered the steelcase Anniversary I read that for the first time they will be releasing a GT game on Playstation Store. No way that I wanted to play the disc-based version when I could have it installed on my HD this time so I bought that one as well. Why couldn't they provide this information earlier so I wouldn't have to double dip?!

Then I also saw that the price was reduced not long after release. Was it a smart move for me to pre-order.. out of experience, no. Likely won't take such an offer next time.

I wonder what experience the retailers have of GT6 - has many costumers complained and maybe returned the game. If that's the case then maybe they also will have second thoughts on future GT game releases. Because they have a powerful outcome on how well something will sell. I think this is a reason why I can't find a local retailer that sells the 🤬 Rambo game that I wan't to buy ;)

GT6 so far isn't the game I was hoping for. GT2 was better than GT1, GT4 better than GT3 (imo). GT6 is potentially better than GT5, but as it's missing a lot of content/features, I don't know. I hope that it will become the ultimate GT one day, but don't know when that day will come (if ever).

On a side note 'Enjoy the silence' is a great Depeche Mode song. Many times silence can be enjoyable but not in this case ;)

How big do you guy's think the next update will be ? ... And will it be a mutli-part update ?

GT6 should be a massive step up in content, but it is just a cut down version of GT5.
With better physics and graphics, more modding options, a better paint shop, no annoying XP system...

They might, but anything Jordan knows, he has to have permission to share. And as others have said, PD always gets burned when a "promised" release date passes. And face it, too many people turn suggested times into definite dated promises.

The major monthly updates slipping is one thing, but the Ayrton Senna stuff in May has to at least be addressed by Kaz or someone in SONY CE if it should slip. If not... well, it's gonna be a good idea to spend time somewhere else on the intranets for a while. ;)

With better physics and graphics, more modding options, a better paint shop, no annoying XP system...

Are you sure?

Physics: There is the amazing pit stop bug annoying everyone on online racing.

Graphics: Shadows popping up, visual inconsistences in Bathurst, FPS dropping a lot all the time, etc, etc, etc.

XP System: Yeah. The stars collecting nonsense isn't a XP system at all...

Paint Shop: Indeed. Here they improve something.

You're right, but what makes you think we're (yes, even Jordan) are in any situation different than the rest of you?

If we knew anything it would have been reported on already, not that it would have any significant advantages provided what occurred the last time...

Last edited:
no annoying XP system...
Yeah, GT6 may be far more linear and forced along than GT5 ever was even at launch (which itself was already needlessly changed from the freeform system every previous game in the series featured, even after all of the Band-Aids PD put on top of it), but at least PD can claim the small victory in the experience system technically being gone.

Just like they can (and did, with the "No functional differences" bit) say the Standards are technically gone because they no longer call them that.

I would at least like some sort of time frame as to when expect these features we were promised before release, nearly 5 months ago!

I predicted GT6 was gona be the last game i bought for my PS3 and it would keep me entertained well into 2014 with all this content/DLC that hasn't arrived, instead i play it very very occasionally and get bored very quickly so waiting for my copy of Final Fantasy X hd remaster to keep my PS3 in use!

Well 6 days from today for those on the other side of the Int. Date Line...
A week for those in NA, SA, EU, etc...

I felt morally obliged to post this example here:

http://news.xbox.com/2014/03/games-dan-greenawalt-letter-to-community

Just to show GT fans how a developer that receives criticism from his fanbase has to communicate, and what he needs to do in order to address it.

And here people are wondering if PD have abandoned their game. Sad really.

It hurts my GT heart when I get to this part:

We’ve built some great history together, all of us. Today’s fundamental changes to Forza Motorsport 5 have been made possible in large part because of the unwavering passion and dedication of you, the Forza Motorsport community. We are a fan-driven series, and the steadfast dedication you have all shown the Forza Motorsport series over the years continues to be a source of inspiration to me, and to everyone here at Turn 10.

Savvy marketing, no doubts here about T10's well-tuned antennae having BIG ears to the ground.
He has a full right to do so; since it got released they fixed issues fans were asking for, added a free track and tons of DLC. Things PD promised also which led people into buying their game, but they haven't delivered zero in 4 months, nor gave any communication at all to their fans as for the reasons.

^ LOL, my comment was complimentary...:lol:
T10's marketing appears to have its act together.

-------------------------------

I think someone else's funding (lack of) may be the issue.
Finances are not well in Japan, and for Sony, I could be wrong, time will tell...
....we're about 6 days away from 4 months since release of guess what?

Last edited:

Just to show GT fans how a developer that receives criticism from his fanbase has to communicate, and what he needs to do in order to address it.

This makes me want to stick with Forza so badly now (despite me not being against it). THIS, is the care I want from developers, PD is nothing like this and it's sad. Yeah, I don't think GT7 will be getting my purchase for sure now (even though I wasn't planning to buy it).

Kaz only cares about himself, his "vision" and money.

BWX
Yeah PD could learn a LOT from T10.
(I've never owned an X-Box or played Forza)

Well, any studio really. I know they make a similar game so it's an easy direct comparison but so many game studios these days talk to their fans, even if some of it is PR bull poop, at least they communicate. I remember when before the re-design PD had a 'Blog' section on the official website and all they used it for was reporting on Kaz at the Nurburgring. Never once did they use to talk about the game.

The only communication we ever get from them are the hastily written, always missing a ton of detail changelog notes.

Wow, that's enough to make one consider an X-Bone when upgrading to the next gen system, are you listening PD...yeah, I didn't think so :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back