Hello, request for Project CARS reaching gold status to be put on news.

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 45 comments
Australia
Melbourne
Hello, if this was already been planned then please disregard.

I saw yesterday that PCars has gone finally gone gold and I thought it would be a good idea for this to be put on the news section since it could help increase awareness of the game and its release date.

Thanks, Fat Tyre.

Jordan is trying to keep the news page as GT as possible for now. This is when someone inquired about publishing an Assetto Corsa new DLC article:

No, neither fits into the current scope of the news page. I may do another feature on the GTPlanet-liveried RUF CTR3 in pCARS, though. Expanding editorial coverage to more games is something I've considered for years now, and it's interesting to hear thoughts on the idea, but it would be a major, major decision.

Maybe if @Terronium-12 is up to it he can mention pCARS in the Community Spotlight.

Considering that Project Cars is now the Game with most posts per day (besides GT of course) I hope at least for news when the game is released. A review by one of the forum members and/or one of the gtplanet members who are also wmd members and were able to follow the whole development would also be nice

Maybe if @Terronium-12 is up to it he can mention pCARS in the Community Spotlight.
This is done. 👍

And while it would be nice to also have news items for non-GT games, it's obvious why you don't want to integrate the two. If you would integrate, it would no longer be gtplanet (but simplanet, raceplanet, gameplanet? :lol:). The only exception is where there is a connection with GT or gtplanet itself, like with the Project CARS livery.

I probably should have said this earlier, but I'll promote pCARS as much as I possibly can.

I've already annoyed @Jordan with it, I'm sure. :lol:
Good show, ps when everyone and his mother starts playing it will the PCARS section get subforum folders like GT has? PCARS tuning, general questions and the lot.

The news title should read; "THE KING IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING!"

;)

VBR
The news title should read; "THE KING IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE KING!"
;)
Now, now:sly:

If I might make a suggestion, the reviews seem quite positive so far, averaging mid-80's on Metacritic (still early though) and is getting very positive reviews from the gaming press familiar with sim racing. Very surprising IMO, I was sure the game would be in the 70's. Hopefully we can link a few of the reviews in a News item if it comes to that. :)

Developers/investors should not review their own game.
Why not, so long as they are open about their relationship with the development of the game? I think we're all mature enough to realize the difference between a review of an "insider" and an "impartial", third party review, if such a thing really exists.

TB
Said review should be unbiased which is extremely difficult when you're personally invested.
An unbiased review is extremely difficult if you're a human being. We all have likes and dislikes. I'm sure if anything in the review is factually incorrect a few button pushes on a pc will reveal the truth.

While true, I would avoid the whole bias argument completely. There are only negatives attached to having a WMD-member review Project CARS, and I don't see any benefits (compared to a review by someone else). Now if we're talking a developer-commentary or 'look behind the scenes' something like that it's a different story.

An unbiased review is extremely difficult if you're a human being. We all have likes and dislikes. I'm sure if anything in the review is factually incorrect a few button pushes on a pc will reveal the truth.
No review is unbiased. A review is someone's thoughts based on a series of biases. If you are unbiased then you say nothing good or bad about it.

why would gtplanet put pcars on the news but not all the other games represented in gtplanet?

if one other than GT goes on the news, than, all others must go as well.
driveclub as a new update as well. it's disrespectful to the origins, discriminatory to all other games and very, very "subjective".

gtplnanet news should be neutral (posting about all games) or remain exclusive to GT.
i don't like to see this "crowdfunding attitude" and the day gtplanet changes to pcarsplanet i'm out.

pcars is not the new GT.

why would gtplanet put pcars on the news but not all the other games represented in gtplanet?

driveclub as a new update as well. it's disrespectful to the origins, discriminatory to all other games and very, very "subjective".

gtplnanet news should be neutral (posting about all games) or remain exclusive to GT.
i don't like to see this "crowdfunding attitude" and the day gtplanet changes to pcarsplanet i'm out.

pcars is not the new GT.
Because of popularity. PCars hit the gold, gained a following of some sort, and so the sub-forum was created.

Other games were mentioned before in the news as well.

Don't like it, don't go to it.

And who's to say some of these titles haven't already been showcased on the news page in some capacity already?

No. This isn't an all or none dilemma. If it's news-worthy it'll be featured on the news page in some capacity.

I don't think you're quite grasping what it is that qualifies something as being news-worthy. Just because it's a game that has cars in it and happens to have qualified into the racing genre doesn't mean it's automatically news-worthy.

Again, this isn't an all or none dilemma.

Not only is this somewhat contradictory, it doesn't make a lot of sense. What crowdfunding attitude?

pcars is not the new GT.

You're right, pCars is pCars.

And who's to say some of these titles haven't already been showcased on the news page in some capacity already?
ok, but whats the difference from the latest updates from driveclub and pcars? why one and not both on the news?
No. This isn't an all or none dilemma. If it's news-worthy it'll be featured on the news page in some capacity.
would be more like "all or just GT".
i don't see any difference from pcars to all the other games updates, DLCs or release news.
isn't gtplanet ,to start, a GT community site? i'm ok to have more than GT in the news but then it as to be all games represented equally or else it is discriminatory.
I don't think you're quite grasping what it is that qualifies something as being news-worthy.
no i dont.
isnt driveclub like forza horizon, forza motorsport, assetto corsa, iracing, f1, raceroom,
grid, need for speed, grand theft auto or pcars represented at gtplanet? whats the difference?
it may even not be intentional but looks discriminatory, what exacly makes an update to driveclub less "news-worthy" than pcars updates?
a gtplanet livery on a ruf? just that? is that easy to buy a place in the news section of the GT community? it's a smart tease from SMS but if driveclub had one car with a gtplanet logo, would its updates be news-worthy as well? you guarantee that pcars being crowdfunded by some gtplanet members (with obvious interest in promoting) doesn't make any difference in this "news-worthy" balance? if so, my apologies.

a gtplanet livery on a ruf? just that? is that easy to buy a place in the news section of the GT community? it's a smart tease from SMS but if driveclub had one car with a gtplanet logo, would its updates be news-worthy as well? you guarantee that pcars being crowdfunded by some gtplanet members (with obvious interest in promoting) doesn't make any difference in this "news-worthy" balance? if so, my apologies.
Well how would you feel if a website you created was featured on a well known racing game?

ok, but whats the difference from the latest updates from driveclub and pcars? why one and not both on the news?

You mean like this, this, or this?

would be more like "all or just GT".
i don't see any difference from pcars to all the other games updates, DLCs or release news.

Hold on, if you don't see any difference then why are you one of the most vocal people in this thread that's basically exclaiming "go full boar or leave the barn"?

isn't gtplanet ,to start, a GT community site? i'm ok to have more than GT in the news but then it as to be all games represented equally or else it is discriminatory.

There you go using the word "discriminatory" again.

GTPlanet is, first and foremost, a community site. Full stop. Its roots are certainly embedded in Gran Turismo and will always put that at the forefront for the foreseeable future, but you cannot honestly expect us and more importantly Jordan to turn a blind eye to everything else that's going on?

And before you say "exactly, so it's either all or just GT!", there's more to a qualification of being news-worthy than being a racing game. This is partly my fault for not exactly explaining anything in actual detail: Forza Motorsport 6 was a news-worthy piece because not only was it featured on the GTP news blog before (and had its own dedicated planet mirror a few years ago), the announcement that it would be the first and so far only game to feature the 2017 Ford GT is news-worthy in and of itself.

no i dont.

Then perhaps, just perhaps, you should try understanding before throwing out the wildest of accusations.

isnt driveclub like forza horizon, forza motorsport, assetto corsa...

I've given you examples of this already, but I have a few more: this (notice how this particular example was used more than once?), this, this, this, this, this, this... I could go on but I'm certain you get the point by now.

iracing, f1, raceroom, grid, need for speed, grand theft auto or pcars represented at gtplanet? whats the difference?

You may have had a solid point with iracing if it weren't for the fact it is a wholly isolated example that's only available for PC's, something that isn't easily as accessible as a console.

F1 2015 was featured as you'll see in one of my examples, Grid doesn't garner enough interest in its own forum here to warrant a dedicated piece, NFS is a solid point and to that I'll simply say taking on racing games en masse is an extraordinary commitment, something I think you're greatly underestimating.

Grand Theft Auto is not a racing game so I have no idea why that would be featured on the news blog and you've seen pCars is in fact featured on the news page. Here's another just for further confirmation.

it may even not be intentional but looks discriminatory, what exacly makes an update to driveclub less "news-worthy" than pcars updates?

There's that word again, discriminatory. Please stop using it because I don't think you truly understand what it means.

a gtplanet livery on a ruf? just that? is that easy to buy a place in the news section of the GT community?

And now you're insinuating we've been bought? :lol:

it's a smart tease from SMS

Let me stop you right there. It was a move by two members from the GTPlanet community for no other reason than it being cool to have an official GTPlanet livery in a racing game.

but if driveclub had one car with a gtplanet logo, would its updates be news-worthy as well?

Here's the thing with that, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SCE asking GTPlanet, a site with ties to Sony, to promote a game with the likeness of GTPlanet? Considering Jordan agreed to it, doesn't that question answer itself?

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with that.

You (and all the people on the other side of the aisle, who have been begging for editorial coverage of more games) are seemingly ignorant of the amount of effort that it takes to maintain the news blog. Do you think we just waive our hands and watch as beautifully-formatted, well-researched, well-written, typo-free, and up-to-the-minute, current articles magically appear on the blog for you to read?

That's not what happens. It takes a lot of work to stay on top of the news, decide what and when to post it, and then actually put together an article worthy for GTPlanet's home page. It's plenty of a burden just to stay on top of Gran Turismo news; providing detailed coverage of even one more game requires a massive, long-term commitment in time, resources, and money. You can't just add more writers, either - finding, training, and organizing all of them is another project on its own, and with ad-blocking software depriving the site of more revenue than ever before, the economics of hiring professionals gets even more daunting.

Sure, I'd love to be able to cover every racing game with the ferocious attention to detail that we do for the GT series, and we may get there some day, but real people spend real time to make GTPlanet happen - it doesn't run on magic.

Back