Hockey 2007 - 08 Thread!

• Thread starter V1P3R
  • 227 comments
Haven't had ANY hockey for 5 days, it was killing me.

lol wtf, Boston tied it up? wow, montreal choking?

Nice win Team Ovechkin

bwahahaha! see what I tell ya the less sucky team won (NY)

Col won? oh, who cares.

Ok Dallas "SARS" you need to win so it goes to 7. Thanks

Boston tied it up?

I don't think the Caps will go very far, though, even if they beat the Flyers in the first round. Even LeBron James supports his teammates, and the central pillar of the team (allegedly Ovechkin) has collapsed.

lol wtf, Boston tied it up? wow, montreal choking?

That game really opened up in the 3rd. It had been a tight game up to that point, smartly played by both sides. The 3rd was like a completely different game... exciting to watch, because it felt like there was a goal going in every 30s in that last 15 mins, but at the same time from a defensive standpoint it was absolutely painful for both teams. It could have gone either way (and probably should have gone to overtime because Boston was off-side on one of their scoring rushes).

Despite the loss I think Price came back well. Made some key saves along the way.

Can't wait to see the Flames and Sharks tonight. Anxious to see Calgary stretch this one out to 7 games. *fingers crossed*

That game really opened up in the 3rd. It had been a tight game up to that point, smartly played by both sides. The 3rd was like a completely different game... exciting to watch, because it felt like there was a goal going in every 30s in that last 15 mins, but at the same time from a defensive standpoint it was absolutely painful for both teams. It could have gone either way (and probably should have gone to overtime because Boston was off-side on one of their scoring rushes).

Despite the loss I think Price came back well. Made some key saves along the way.

I saw most of that period and I have to agree.

Can't wait to see the Flames and Sharks tonight. Anxious to see Calgary stretch this one out to 7 games. *fingers crossed*

I am sorry, vr6gti72, but I also agree with this.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Welp... it's a sad day. No more Team Ovechkin. [censored] Philly...

Anyway, there's another game going on but I ain't gonna hold my breath... :rolleyes:

Kolzig Removes Nameplate

Goaltender Olie Kolzig removed his nameplate from his locker here at Verizon Center after tonight's 3-2 overtime loss to Philly. Kolzig declined to speak to reporters, but that gesture seems to say it all about his future with the organization.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com....html

SHARKS are just attacking that goal!

I was always wondering how he was taking being benched... :lol:

Well, the day doesn't end so bad. God, must be nuts at the Shark Tank.

:( Flames are out. I feel sooo bad for Kipprusof for the one or two soft ones he let in. That was the game right there - I wouldn't blame him for the loss though, he did a good job of keeping them in the game for awhile against a lot of shots, but it's bound to eat at him for awhile. The flames were just well and truly outplayed tonight, they looked very nervous and were making mistakes and mishandling the puck often. It felt like the Sharks had way more jump and possession in the 2nd and 3rd.

One Canadian team left.

At least we wont riot...:indiff:

psshhh, just proof that California doesn't deserve NHL hockey... especially not three teams when places like say, Winnipeg don't have one anymore. ;)

Ya, the scene in Montreal was pretty poor, but theres a history of that occurring there. The news was saying that some big concert let out at about the same time as the game did which added further to the mayhem.

Mob mentality is a funny thing.

Those French-Canadians sure love their hockey... or any sport, for that matter. They did go wild for Gilles Villeneuve's heroics in the late 1970s.

So, the Penguins, the Canadiens, the Flyers, and the Rangers have survived in the playoffs for another series, and in the Western Conference, the Sharks and the Stars have advanced. Are Minnesota and Colorado still playing? And what is that other series?

Avery is a jerk. But you all knew that.

Im hoping we can get an advantage and a good start to the series with wins at home those first 2 games.. The shark tank is LOUD. Best fans on the west coast. We dont leave 2nd period if we are down like the ducks and kings fans.:yuck: Hopefully it can drop the stars morale.

Gunna be nice to get some hockey back on the TV...last two days seemed a bit dull. Id like to see the flyers win tonight.

Im not emotionally invested in either team, but the last flyers series was pretty good. As long as the seris is full of good hockey Ill be happy either way but I gotta pick someone to root for.:) We will see who sets the tone for this round.

Gotta be nice for all those bandwagon Wings fan for this short series.. considering they are playing a inferior team. :rolleyes:

Nice avatar, vr6gti72. Guess we know who's rooting for what now.

Thanks. I turned on the wings game late and saw they were up 4-0 in the second. I laughed and turned it off.

I think nabokov was wearing a turco jersey on friday, he was why the stars won. Sharks were playing well just not hitting the net.

Montreal has all the consistency of a French roadway...

The No.1 teams always seem to give the impression that they choke, though. But sixth-seeded Philadelphia tied the series? (it is too early to tell, but: why?)

Sharks just looked bad last night. All that fancy passing and not enough shooting. Nabby looks tired. I hope they can snap out of it. The stars looked good and Turco was a machine. Blech.

So, Stars are beating Sharks, Pens are beating Rangers, Red Wings have Colorado, and the Habs are losing ground to the Flyers. What?

Evgeni Nabokov can only go on for so long... and Vesa Toskala just wasted a year of his precious life on the Leafs. At least he got ice time.

:odd: Huh? What game were you watching... ? all I saw was a pee wee/mites level game... That and my dad wasted $90 by bringing me. (he insisted) :rolleyes:

There were plenty of times it seemed like the right time for the sharks to get a shot off then they would pass it backwards. Im sure they were trying to setup something but ended up losing the puck. IMO

Back