how good of a gran turismo player are you??

I would put myself at an 8. I try not to hit the walls and race clean. Sometimes I get lazy and just hit the wall on some corners, though. I could race a little better than what I do most of the time, although I have to say the license tests have helped me drive better.

Same as wild card. An 8. If I really sat down and had the time and improve my technique I could probably really fly.

oh god i would would have to say im a 6 or something because i use walls sometimes and i use f1 cars when you can youse regular race cars i get minnium on licence tests i camplets S licence if my life counted on it:banghead: any way thats what i score myself

Somewhere between 9 and 10. Probably more closer to a 9 because if it wasnt for the save game trick, I would have a 100% win ratio. Also Im fast with any car on any track, and if I put effort into it, I can come close to some of the faster GT3 gamers. And I always race as clean as possible... depending on how dumb the AI can be at times.

Anyone want to put-up or shut-up? I know how good/bad/average I am - I race online with the Germans. Getting close to them is an art form - and if there's anyone on this board that can get within a second a lap of bigp and jmr I'll eat my hat. And that's said in the knowledge that Max E. and Mr. P frequent this board.

I'll post a car/track combo for you all to try out - it'll be a hotlap only though. Feel free to discuss any split time/settings.

FAO Moderators - Since this is not a proper OLR, just a quickie in response to a question asked on this board, I think it'd be better served staying in here. Some drivers may take part who wouldn't otherwise visit the OLR forum.

Originally posted by Gran Turismo7058
eh, I race on a line. eh, give me a 10. Made In Holland is over 10, he is 100++++++++++.....

MiH is good - but he's not as good as Arco and he'd be the first to admit it.

Taking Arco/Wiese, big p, jean and Honeycar as 10, MiH and myself would be lucky to get an 8.

Assuming a perfect Gaussian distribution, most people would get a 5, which makes a nonsense of all these 8s, 9s and 10s I've seen claimed.

Originally posted by Famine
Taking Arco/Wiese, big p, jean and Honeycar as 10, MiH and myself would be lucky to get an 8.

Assuming a perfect Gaussian distribution, most people would get a 5, which makes a nonsense of all these 8s, 9s and 10s I've seen claimed.

:D Kool, makes me about a SIX. Post up that challenge Famine, am dyin' to find out!!!...UB57
:D

Okay - here's the races:

Race 1:
Car - Honda S2000 LM Edition
Mods - NO MODS except tyres. Oilchange allowed. Any settings allowed
Track - Arcade Mode/Free Run/SSR5 Wet Reverse

Feel free to discuss any settings, splits or lap times you wish. PM or e-mail results to me - if you don't want me taking part as a result of this, fine. Outrageous laptimes subject to verification.

Leaderboard
1. T13R - 1'15.572
2. Bollocks#999 - 1'15.771
3. Super-supra - 1'15.783
4. Famine - 1'15.956
5. Driftster - 1'17.989
6. cELica - 1'19.037
7. xAkirax2004 - 1'19.612

Race 2:
Car - Renaultsport Clio V6 Race Car OR Road Car
Mods - NO MODS except SIMULATION tyres. Oilchange allowed. Any settings allowed
Track - Arcade Mode/Free Run/Cote d'Azur

Feel free to discuss any settings, splits or lap times you wish. PM or e-mail results to me - if you don't want me taking part as a result of this, fine. Outrageous laptimes subject to verification.

Leaderboard
1. Graveltrap - 1'48.938
2. T13R - 1'49.339
3. Driftster - 1'50.243
4. Famine - 1'50.958
5. Super-supra - 1'51.982
6. xAkirax2004 - 1'52.392
7. cELica - 1'53.078
8. BadBatsuMaru - 1'53.848
9. Talentless - 1'54.321
10. xAkira2004 - 1'56.515 (road car)
11. Graveltrap - 1'56.574 (road car)
12. Driftster - 1'57.385 (road car)
13. Talentless - 1'57.752 (road car)
14. Bollocks#999 - 2'01.033 (road car)

Race 3:
Car - Subaru Impreza 22B
Mods - Any modifications allowed - apart from hybrids. Any settings allowed - apart from hybrid ones.
Track - Arcade Mode/Free Run/Deep Forest

Feel free to discuss any settings, splits or lap times you wish. PM or e-mail results to me - if you don't want me taking part as a result of this, fine. Outrageous laptimes subject to verification

Leaderboard
1. Bollocks#999- 1'11.451

Usual online hotlap rules apply. To whit:
1. Stay on the damn track. More than 2 wheels off is verboten.
2. Absolutely no wall contact of any variety.

Heh, going on experience, I'm probably a 4. I have yet to do any OLR with GT3, so who knows?

But I've just won a 787B, so I'm going to give the Rotories at Midfield thread a look to see how I stack up.

I'm probably a four or five (I've got 44 golds in the licence tests the rally ones to sort out) 74.4 percent complete (can't be arsed to do the longer race series or the endurance races as its to easy to beat the AI) just starting to do a bit of OLR ans I think I'm somewhere around the midfield for that so yep a 5.

That spot race is tough.....where can i get an S2000lm from ;)

1'18.573 on stock settings, just oil change, kept the medium tires.
I wish I had other times to compare it to before I posted mine to see if it was even worth it.:banghead:

Driftster - that's a STOCK S2000 LM (586hp pre-oil) on SSR5 WET REVERSE...?

If so that's pretty impressive - the outright FR record is 1'11 ish in a 970hp JGTC Supra...

S2000LM can be won from Amateur/Dream Car or Trial Mountain Enduro... I suspect the Dream Car might be easier :D

exhaust_note: I've edited the post so you can see where to go. It's in Arcade Mode/Free Run.

yes II means reverse for all the courses.
Famine, I know I could do better and all, but what gets me is I have NO CLUE how to change settings, I just slide things left and right and don't know what they're doing and see if it turns better or exits quicker. That tis me downfall.

Hey Famine, how much time would we have to complete this? Ive got an OLR to do for tonight, so would you say a week or something of the sort?

Edit: With all that has been said, I will switch that 9 I gave myself earlier for a 7.5 ...until I can prove otherwise or not.

another testing spot race for you guys to prove your points

Car Renault Clio V6 Road car standard with just and oil change
The track Monaco

Tyres (heres the twist) sims

A clean lap time under 2'00 is pretty good.

This race was originally posted by arwin as part of the sim tyre challenge

I'd give myself a 9.

There really has to be some sort of criteria established before you start throwing around arbitrary numbers, though. Ranking a 10 without any specific criteria would just imply that you were in the top 10%. So, among people on this board? I'd say a 9 or 10. Among gamers in general? Definitely a 10. Among the OLR community? Probably a 4.

If you had to establish a ranking system, though, I would say that anybody who can complete Simulation Mode (which obviously implies getting all licenses) deserves at least a 5. Let's say:

1: Needed to re-race for money and over-upgrade to win Beginner
2: Has some trouble with Arcade Mode Hard
3: Finished Arcade Mode, got IA bronze
4: got S License bronze
5: Completed Formula GT, could easily finish Simulation Mode
6: Completed TT10, could easily get 100%
7: Don't need to over-upgrade, can get 100% on day 229
8: Can easily gold many licenses in 2 or 3 tries
9: Gold on all licenses, need an inferior car for Sim Mode to be fun
10: Competitive online

According to BBM's criteria, I am a 9. I have never tried any online leagues, so I dont know if I would be competitive. However, none of my friends can touch me, but they suck at racing games.

Originally posted by graveltrap
another testing spot race for you guys to prove your points

Car Renault Clio V6 Road car standard with just and oil change
The track Monaco

Tyres (heres the twist) sims

A clean lap time under 2'00 is pretty good.

This race was originally posted by arwin as part of the sim tyre challenge

Are u sure, i was doing terrible and bounceing off walls and i got a 1:55.400

T13R - no deadline. Well, an artificial one - when people get bored and stop submitting :D

bouncing off the walls :irked: try and do it with out touching the walls....touching the walls is considered cheating in OLR....muppet!!!

My best clean time 1'56.974

The best clean time...so far 1'56.515 KartNo38

Originally posted by Famine
MiH is good - but he's not as good as Arco and he'd be the first to admit it.

I am as good as Arco............untill i wake up;)

The Germans are on their own level. Two levels down you have people like Max E and Mr. P I count myself to the group close to them:)
Sometimes i can beat them, most of the time i can't.

Back