How Gran Turismo Saved Igor Fraga

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jul 1, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

KiroKai, bduddy, dimassa19 and 23 others like this.
  2. Skinny McLean

Skinny McLean

What a great story. I didn't know he and his family had made so many sacrifices to pursue a career in racing, almost living like hobos at times. That's impressive commitment. Good luck to Igor.

dimassa19, SestoScudo, Qyn and 5 others like this.
  3. GlamFM

GlamFM

Great read, thank you.

Very happy for Igor.

dimassa19, Qyn and SZRT Ice like this.
  4. mikedriver94

mikedriver94

Good Driver Igor Fraga!!

dimassa19 and Qyn like this.
  5. jimihemmy

jimihemmy Premium

That’s a great story! It just goes to show how time, talent, and determination can get you where you want to go.

I’m sure his real life racing experience has helped tremendously in Gran Turismo!

Spa incident aside (yeah, I said it), this just makes me cheer for him more. It’s like one of us (Gran Turismo racers) has made the big time!

Good luck Igor!

Qyn, Andre_PSVR, Cocomoto and 2 others like this.
  6. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I've only seen him in yt vids but he strikes me as someone who's is humble... he's seen the worst, stuff that many of us havent experienced and he seems talented enough to see the best. People like this deserve to be winners. They know failure is temporary and in reality, so is success.

When he was driving that Taycan I felt myself when I'm driving cars that arent mine, expensive cars that I couldnt afford and yet I'm driving thru circumstance and wondering what I did to deserve this good fortune (there's nothing more fun that driving someone elses sports car by yourself knowing you aint paying for the car, the gasoline or insurance or....)

Also its an example of people who suffered in 2008 and it looks like we're down the same path again.

Qyn, Cocomoto and CTznOfTime like this.
  7. stpatty

stpatty

Damn. What a story.

Qyn and CTznOfTime like this.
  8. davidt33

davidt33

What an amazing story. Good read. You never know what some people have to go through eh.

Qyn and SZRT Ice like this.
  9. Ramosis

Ramosis

Go Igor! We'll be supporting you!!!

Qyn likes this.
  10. GTP_Versatile

GTP_Versatile

Way to go!

Qyn likes this.
  11. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Great article for a great person and amazing competitor.

12. RustyCitroen

RustyCitroen

At first I disliked Fraga for beating Lawson (one of my favourite drivers) to the TRS title. Now I realise that it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. Hopefully he does well in F3.

dimassa19, Qyn, Cocomoto and 4 others like this.
  13. NosOsH

NosOsH

So awesome to watch your story unfold!
    Cheering for you whichever racing series you end up in!
    Cant wait to watch you in F3 and I hope to see you and Lightning face off properly again this year or the next!

Qyn and dlshearon like this.
  14. CTznOfTime

CTznOfTime

Whatever good comes out of this, Igor and his family totally deserve the fruits of their labor for their redemption.

Qyn, SZRT Ice and MIE1992 like this.
  15. Crazydoc

Crazydoc

Amazing story. Igor will fight for that F3 championship and hopefully a F1 seat at some point.

Qyn likes this.
  16. mef

mef

Very happy for Igor Fraga but also mixed feelings about racing itself as a career. If it requires this much sacrifice, is it worth it?

It's worth remembering for every winner there are 20 losers on the grid, and they may be sleeping outside tonight, unless they're from a rich family.

Qyn and Stoop Solo like this.
  17. Stoop Solo

Stoop Solo

Humility is the mark of a true master.

SestoScudo and Qyn like this.
  18. Glaucio Souza

Glaucio Souza

Very nice person and great history, all GT Sport community is with you Igor!

GTR365, dimassa19 and Qyn like this.
  19. ravaline

ravaline

I don't think all drivers can sacrifice that much. Those who sacrifice and work hard like fraga always end up at the top. Most drivers have money so they don't suffer as much. I guess if they find themselves in a similar situation most of them will give up . Some drivers had a rough path as well like hamilton, ocon.... others like norris, russel or the almighty stroll had life on easy mode (the financial side of course).

Qyn and mef like this.
  20. Glaucio Souza

Glaucio Souza

If you have a chance to ask him or his family about this sacrifice, they will say: it's worth it! Be a race driver without money or tradicional family in sport in brazil is very difficult, maybe impossible and he made it.

Qyn likes this.
  21. Lee x sensai

Lee x sensai

Good luck to Igor we all cheering for you and wish you the best for the reason of the season. I found some video and his picture from the web, I want to share.
    [​IMG]

22. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

I wanted Fraga to make it to Formula 1... Now I really want him to make it.

Qyn and mef like this.
  23. Abyss1

Abyss1

A lot of people on F1 news complain how boring it is...I only watched it because Lewis is the current game Maestro.

Is formula 2/3 a better watch?

I myself personally prefer watching the GT class races on FIAWEC. Wish Igor was doing more of those ...including Nurburgring 24h

Qyn likes this.
  24. SestoScudo

SestoScudo

Interesting how he has Japanese heritage until you look into it that Brazil has 2 million Japanese people living there.

25. NosOsH

NosOsH

Just got F1 tv pro so I can watch these f3 races! I may even watch some f1 and f2 while im at it lol. Thanks for giving us all a reason to care Igor!

26. Sticky83

Sticky83

Always remember where you came from.