How would you want a livery editor to play out?

I'm gonna say it ...... I want it to be like the one in NFS 2015, Its not exactly the most easy to use livery creator but that only adds to the charm and keeps the morons away from it, I have yet to see any penis related liveries on there ever since the ability to share so there is hope that if a livery creator isnt too easy to use people will be put off from making useless and offensive crap.

Also its quite surprising just what can be done with the livery creator in NFS.

There has to be some way to input different shapes, letters, numbers and symbols in GTS/7.
I can do this in F6:
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_GetPhoto(59).jpg

I'm a novice painter but, I get to practice as much as I want. I should be able to make a replica of any car, real race car or even my own car in a game. It is a feature today's high definition games should have.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_GetPhoto(59).jpg
Description Porsche 911 GT3 Cup Type 991 of Steven Richards.JPG

There has to be some way to input different shapes, letters, numbers and symbols in GTS/7.
I can do this in F6:
View attachment 522249

I'm a novice painter but, I get to practice as much as I want. I should be able to make a replica of any car, real race car or even my own car in a game. It is a feature today's high definition games should have.

View attachment 522249 View attachment 522253
You misspelt plumbing.

But I agree we should be able to do this at a minimum

Wasn't there a picture of a livered mini on the run up to GT5's pre launch hype period? That may give a clue about what might be coming the gen.

Wasn't there a picture of a livered mini on the run up to GT5's pre launch hype period? That may give a clue about what might be coming the gen.

I think the consensus was that was a scrapped MINI Cooper S Racing Modification. Who knows, though, remember that photo of the presentation where Kazunori talked about the features he wanted to implement in GT over the coming games (and one of which was a livery editor)?

Plus, I have a theory about the customisation options introduced in GT6. Remember how we got the option for custom dials? They offered the option to select a dial colour from an RGB slider set up, effectively allowing any colour you wished. Car paints, meanwhile, remained based around a refined version of the "paint can" system, by collecting paints from purchased cars.

Is there any reason why, in GT Sport, the RGB colour sliders from the custom dials cannot be applied to car paint colours? Maybe we'll see a combination of the two, allowing us to create our own colours, whilst being able to exactly replicate factory colours with the paint can system.

From what we have now, with the secret miata stripes and premium-only car number decals, I think the actual livery editor will progress into something like Grid...Some stripes here and there, and numbers with fancy fonts in a square box. Would love to be proven wrong though :)

well I wrote two weeks ago to GT's official facebook page and I asked if there are plans of including an in-depth livery editor capable of creating liveries similar to the real ones (I've just realized I should've been more precise damn), adding that doing so, PD employees could focus more on the game than trying to get all the licences from the various racing teams all over the world (as we would take care of it, or at least talented users -> not me). Anyway, they answered me saying that "if everything go according to plans, you won't be disappointed".

That said, I'm very cautious as with PD you're never never sure that all the plans will be realized. But I think we could be a bit more optimistic for the future

well I wrote two weeks ago to GT's official facebook page and I asked if there are plans of including an in-depth livery editor capable of creating liveries similar to the real ones (I've just realized I should've been more precise damn), adding that doing so, PD employees could focus more on the game than trying to get all the licences from the various racing teams all over the world (as we would take care of it, or at least talented users -> not me). Anyway, they answered me saying that "if everything go according to plans, you won't be disappointed".

That said, I'm very cautious as with PD you're never never sure that all the plans will be realized. But I think we could be a bit more optimistic for the future

1. I seriously hope that this was a genuine response from Polyphony.

2. I seriously hope their plans come to pass.

I do wonder if they were perhaps planning this earlier than we knew of - it always seemed a bit odd having "Base Model" versions of many racing cars, and only being able to change their colours. Maybe they were designed for a planned livery editor...?

I liked the Livery editor from NASCAR The Game: Inside Line on Playstation 3.
I managed a very good looking replica of this car that I happened to have a a Die-cast of lying around.
s-l225.jpg

"If Everything Go According to Plans..." haha I love how they always make sure to leave it open for the possibility of it NOT happening.

Anyways, if what they said is true in response to your question is true, then I have some hope. After all it has been SEVERAL years since Kaz spoke about the livery editor at first. I'm curious to see just how far they will take the livery editor. I think the general consensus is that most us want something Forza-esque from the editor, but that is probably taking the most optimistic approach.

Is there any reason why, in GT Sport, the RGB colour sliders from the custom dials cannot be applied to car paint colours? Maybe we'll see a combination of the two, allowing us to create our own colours, whilst being able to exactly replicate factory colours with the paint can system.

There was no real reason why that couldn't be done in GT5/6. Paint chips is purely a design choice.

After all it has been SEVERAL years since Kaz spoke about the livery editor at first.

Ten years.

gt5_online_details.jpg

TGS 2006. There will be people playing GTS that were born after Kaz started talking about a livery editor.

Ten years.

gt5_online_details.jpg

TGS 2006. There will be people playing GTS that were born after Kaz started talking about a livery editor.

Crazy! They really shouldn't present material that may not be included. This is a perfect example of a promise never kept running on 10 years. A livery editor of some sort is definitely overdue, and should definitely be something they've had in the works for a while.

There was no real reason why that couldn't be done in GT5/6. Paint chips is purely a design choice.

Ten years.

gt5_online_details.jpg

That was back in 2006? Holy moly...

Crazy! They really shouldn't present material that may not be included. This is a perfect example of a promise never kept running on 10 years. A livery editor of some sort is definitely overdue, and should definitely be something they've had in the works for a while.

To be fair, what was presented at TGS 2006 was Gran Turismo HD, which was later scrapped. A lot of it later became GT5 but with a different monetisation scheme, but livery editors weren't part of it.

I don't think of it as a promise never kept because the game it was slated for never happened. But it goes to show how long ago they were talking about a livery editor. As far as I know there's never been a solid commitment to bring one to a GT game that actually ended up happening. But to think that the Base Colour racing models are about the best they've managed to do in ten years is a little disappointing.

simple enough to be fun, hard just to discourage kids from drawing phallical figures on their Veneno. I kind of did a thread in the suggestion forums making it more "social" and user friendly but i get that a separated app might upset people

Personally I would like a simple editor in the game which I would use - it would feature a stripes editor - width, number of stripes, colour and position e.g. centre, left or right. The simple editor would also have a bonnet (hood), boot (trunk) and roof paint colour option. Those simple features plus a number plate editor would enable me to replicate some famous iconic schemes on classic cars such as the ALan Mann Racing team or Smokey Yunicks scheme.

A complex editor would presumably need to be on a PC or tablet - some people have the talent and time to use that sort of feature and provided liveries could be shared I would be happy with copies made by other people just as I am currently happy with tracks made by others.

A complex editor would presumably need to be on a PC or tablet - some people have the talent and time to use that sort of feature and provided liveries could be shared I would be happy with copies made by other people just as I am currently happy with tracks made by others.
I don't see why it would need to be restricted to a tablet/app. I think it could be a good option to have that available, and would probably make it easier if it can import design/images like that, but Forza's method is testament that complex work can be done through a pad/console combo.

For me, anything less than a Forza-grade livery editor is unacceptable. Forza has had a complex livery editor for years, so there is absolutely no excuse for PD to not include one in future GTs on a more powerful console.

For me, anything less than a Forza-grade livery editor is unacceptable. Forza has had a complex livery editor for years, so there is absolutely no excuse for PD to not include one in future GTs on a more powerful console.

I agree. I started playing Forza with Forza 2 and Stopped at 4... The livery editor was top-notch then and I'm sure it's only gotten better. If GT can't put out something at least that level then I will be quite disappointed at this point after so many years.

The original Forza Motorsport had more than a basic decal/livery editor on the original Xbox in 2005. 11 years ago.

hqdefault.jpg

latest

Delivering something lesser in 2016 or later would be shameful.

Wow! Thanks for sharing these pics. I have never seen the original Forza Livery Editor before... You're right, if we can't have at least that, it would be shameful :(

A complex editor would presumably need to be on a PC or tablet

Not at all.

For starters, a PS4 can use mouse and keyboard as input just as well as any computer. And the difference between touch controls and a pad are swings and roundabouts, both have some areas where they're better and some where they're worse.

But fundamentally, I can't get behind any feature that could be on the base system but isn't. Having the course creator as tablet only was a retarded decision. Having a tablet or a PC as an additional way to create liveries would be brilliant (like say...a web page), but it has to be on PS4 first.

I think a livery editor in GTS is as likely as it was for GT6, meaning highly unlikely.
I'm not a big livery editor myself, so easy to use is good for me.
The MOST important feature of a livery editor for me, would be the ability to download and use other people's liveries. That will or would be critical for many people trying to make custom race leagues.

The editor being on an app would be even more offensive than needing a tablet and app to use my promised track editor in GT6, on which I am still waiting. (the box doesn't say "in 2 years, but only on a tablet")

The original Forza Motorsport had more than a basic decal/livery editor on the original Xbox in 2005. 11 years ago.

hqdefault.jpg

latest

Delivering something lesser in 2016 or later would be shameful.
Delivering lesser was shameful in 2013 also, imo.

I posted this in another sub-forum, but I'll post it here as well just for the record. I know the questions I asked were vague, but I didn't really expect them to write back lol... I guess this is moving in the right direction :)

0311161005.jpg

We need a livery editor to make races "real". A car without livery or a field of same cars with the same livery is so dull.

Absolutely. Especially when playing online and seeing the same car over and over again. Probably the top thing I commend Forza on is it's ability to create unique cars between it's livery editor and aftermarket visuals... Plus it's always fun seeing what people can come up with

Back