How would you want a livery editor to play out?

Just got Need For Speed 2015 over the weekend and wow the game is a lot of fun! Very reminiscent of the Underground Series. But one thing in particular I want to point out is how well put together the livery editor is in this game as well... especially considering they made the game in about 2 years time. Surely GT can put together SOMETHING :rolleyes:

Like Forza 6's with all the community options, but with one major difference: to be able to import images. Don't know if this is possible, or the technical aspects of making it work, but that would make the Livery Editor nearly perfect in every sense.
The only thing I can think of is that it was chosen to not have that in, in order to limit the potential for people to upload vulgar or any other type of unsavory photos. However, I too would love this option. I'm horrible with the livery mode, but I can definitely throw something together on Photoshop.

I would like the option to import pics onto the cars, but still be able to mess around with the size all the other options that you would usually use while creating a custom livery

I would like the option to import pics onto the cars, but still be able to mess around with the size all the other options that you would usually use while creating a custom livery
Only way I see ANY game working properly with importing photos is if they are PNG on a transparent background. Would be useless and annoying as @€%! to import a JPEG and get that working.

If my Exxie was in any game with livery editor I know what I would do.. :rolleyes:
GTPlanet.jpg

I don't "like" Gunma's post, but I do agree. HOWEVER... I'm wondering if perhaps there might be templates, with areas that can be colored, and decals, names and racing number/league plaques applied. That at least would be something, enabling us to differentiate our cars from the field.

I must admit though that I'm holding out hope for at least something as basic as the Ferrari Challenge Livery Editor, which was something in-between Forza 1 and 2 in capability. Rather basic, but you could create some nice liveries with it. And it gave you the capability to put your car number on the windshield.

For GT7, go all out like Forza and certain other games do, down to having the capacity to make custom decals and league number plaques. I'd love it if PD could figure out an elegant way to go "sideless," as a system Eutechnyx was working on for the follow up game to Supercar Challenge. This way, you could slide decals and vinyl shapes all over the car's surface and not have to fuss with boundaries cutting them off. That may be a bit too difficult to pull off though.

For those wanting to import images, one solution would be for some PSN admins to approve them. Send them in an attachment, a mod looks it over, and sometime later, it shows up as an additional graphic element in your GT7 decal list. And it would be great if you could share it.

I just want it to have a livery editor. The only game I ever used with one was Supercar Challenge on PS3 and I am desperate to combine my loves of racing games and design.

Careful, it can become a whole game within itself. I've spent hours crafting my slipSTORE liveries in FM6 – ironically, largely Race Mods from the golden era of GT – but it's a whole different level of satisfying driving a car you've designed: it really feels like it's yours.

If PD includes one, I hope they incorporate it into the economy as well. I love logging in and getting credits because people are downloading and using my designs. It's even cooler when you wind up in a lobby and see your work on somebody else's car! :D

For those wanting to import images, one solution would be for some PSN admins to approve them. Send them in an attachment, a mod looks it over, and sometime later, it shows up as an additional graphic element in your GT7 decal list. And it would be great if you could share it.
You think PS is going to hire staff to manually wade through literally millions of images a month? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Protip: dont make an ingame livery editor. We dont need it.

Twist: make it a Windows x86 app. Then let us upload the painted meshes straight into the game.

Making anything separate from the game is silly. It guarantees not every player that owns the game will bother with the feature.

The Track Path Editor is a great example. Even if the community found work-arounds, it's still a completely cumbersome approach.

If I buy a movie on Blu-Ray, and all the bonus features are kept in a separate, proprietary ecosystem, it's far more likely I'll never bother with them.

A livery editor for Sony's flagship racer, available only on Microsoft's PC platform? :lol:

This is going to sound strange but I would guess that Sony, as a company, uses a lot of Windows PCs in their enteprise. In fact at one time, Sony sold PCs with Windows on it, OMG selling their competitors' software.

If you look at everything with an "us or them" attitude, I suppose it barely makes sense.

I'm also putting it out there that many people who own consoles, also own pcs. I know, shocking.

If you look at everything with an "us or them" attitude, I suppose it barely makes sense.

That's an assumption on your part, and you know what they say about those...

I'm also putting it out there that many people who own consoles, also own pcs. I know, shocking.

What percentage of potential GT Sport owners do you suppose would own PC's?
What percentage of potential GT Sport owners do you suppose would own GT Sport?

The one with the higher percentage seems like the smart move, personally.

FWIW, I no longer own a Windows PC. Neither does the guy that owns the site.

Of course, now a livery editor has been revealed for the actual game. Which reminds me...

There is not going to be a livery editor in GTS. So don't get your hopes up. All will be clear after the 20th of May.

Next time, don't pretend to know something that you don't.

saw a brief snippet of it in that trailer. Maybe a lot like the Forza one ?

It's like one aspect of the Forza one: the portion with a select amount of pre-made company logos. Handy, but I'm curious how well they scale up and down.

I saw a few basic shapes, and I'm curious about how those are dealt with. I want to know how easy it will be to group multiple shapes together to make custom logos. That, along with the ability to cut/copy/paste, will bring this to a level comparable to what Forza's been doing for the last decade.

Oh yeah, and it should go without saying: access to a full colour palette is essential. No more paint chips!

It's like one aspect of the Forza one: the portion with a select amount of pre-made company logos. Handy, but I'm curious how well they scale up and down.

I saw a few basic shapes, and I'm curious about how those are dealt with. I want to know how easy it will be to group multiple shapes together to make custom logos. That, along with the ability to cut/copy/paste, will bring this to a level comparable to what Forza's been doing for the last decade.

Oh yeah, and it should go without saying: access to a full colour palette is essential. No more paint chips!

I'm honestly surprised, it seems to allow for a lot of freedom, more than I'd expect from Polyphony. Hopefully it actually works well in practice. I do like that you can choose car specific decals, like driver names and team logos. Not even Forza has that going for it, and they have the best editor in the game.

Back