I Need A Ae86! Finders Fee If Located!

• Thread starter MADBOOST
  • 1,078 comments
Me Vs. FC for all you Initial D fans. This was an exhibition battle. I ended up winning but not by much.

Attachments

• ae86 vs. fc.jpg
    ae86 vs. fc.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 189
:eek: And I just figured out how to change a spark plug :lol:

It seems like I have to learn more about cars :) How long did it take you to learn about cars? I'm starting to get into it right now. I just changed my dad's spark plugs on his Tercel.

tercel... a bad move by toyota in my opinion, the best move, the supra, the worst move, dicontinuing it, a good move, bringing it back in '06.

It's a good learning car. Have you seen the engine bay? Everything is so visible, my dad's letting me fix it to learn more about cars. Next stop, the one in the garage :D

SC MR2s are pretty darn rare here, and so the only donor car that popped up locally within a few months' time had a ton of miles on it. I figure I'll have to rebuild the engine and change a lot of the accessories next year. I did a new water pump, timing belt, bunch of seals, etc when I had the engine installed. Compression is down a bit, but still within spec and even accross the board.

We can't figure out the problem with the throttle body (TB). The idle speed screw is cranked all the way down -- the car shouldn't even be able to idle at all with it like that. And it still idles at 1100 RPM. I've also removed half the throttle return springs (there are 4 I think) and the gas pedal is still on the stiff side.

I may see if I can get away with using the 4AGE intake manifold and TB on my car. My friend has done it on his highly modified JDM 4AGZE. It's much more efficient.

My dad's AE86 has the red/brown/maroon interior too. :) But it's all stock.

Judging by the way that Silver R34 was drifting, it sure looked like the 4WD system was disabled. It was far different from the EVO that was drifting there.

You're right about the camber on my MR2. I need more negative camber (top of the wheel closer to the strut). Just before that drift event I had TRD springs and SpecProd camber bolts installed. About midday my camber started slipping, and when I spun out going for the gusto (last pic) the camber slipped so bad that I couldn't drift at all anymore and had to drive home with the steering wheel sideways to keep the car going straight. So my car currently has Active Camber suspension up front. ;) It was supposed to be at -2 degrees. Looks like I'm going to have to shell out the big bucks and have pillowball mount camber plates installed. Do you know if anyone makes adjustable camber plates for the rear of an AW11? It seems that the HKS kit is only adjustable up front. I think Cusco might but I can't find an English web site for them.

It didn't take me that long to learn how to modify anything on the AE86 or any Toyota. Because I work on them everyday. My job is all about Toyota's. The cars I hate working on are Soarers ('01+) well, basically any car that is sold as a Lexus in the States I dislike. Computer's are too involved in how they run. Soarer has 5 onboard computers just for engine, transmission and drivetrain control. The first car I worked on was my dad's AE86 when we lived in the States. I think I was 13 or 14 at the time. The Tercel is a perfect car to start off working on because it's a very simple engine. Everything is visable and if your dad knows a lot of about engines, he can teach you easily what the basic mechanisms are and how they work. That's pretty much how I started was by working on a stock 4A-GE with very low milage. But, my dad's AE86 is out of control now. He was in one magazine out here for his 3S-GTE powered AE86.

The Tercel isn't a bad car, it's just a car for someone that concerns with gas consumption and price. Funny how you mention Supra's. The dealership that I work at sold the last Supra made. 340ps Supra with TRD 3-Spoke wheels. I miss that car...

AW11's over here mostly have either a 4A-GZE, 3S-GE/GTE, or they will go out of control and put 1JZ-GTE off an MA70. If you get that engine in your Supra's, you have a good MA70, if you don't, you're missing on a nice 2.5L twin turbo inline-6. It still pushes 280ps but the torque is low. From what I'm seeing, it definately looks like you're taking care of your car. It's cool that your dad has an AE86, tell him to cherish it forever because it's going to be considered a classic in a few years. About the camber plates, the reason why you can't find them, is because usually people don't modify the rear camber plates, and if they do, it's not a huge help for drifting. I left mine stock and I can drift fine as you can see in the pictures. From what it looks like on your site, it looks like you're doing autocross. The reason why I stopped doing Autocrosses is because my car needs a high entry speed to drift now, so I don't bother with it because I can't go very fast doing it. I'll keep an eye out for rear camber plates when I go back to work. One of the mechanic's has an AW11 that drifts so I'll find out about it.

-ArC

Just incase you're wondering why I'm not working (or sleeping), is because the dealership is completely remodeling and they gave all the employees a month's pay/vacation. That's why I'm not sleeping because I have nothing to do. I'll proabably hit the passes in an hour which will make it 4:15AM.

Man, I wish my company would remodel and send us all home for a month with pay! :)

So some people in Japan have actually managed to fit a 1JZ in an AW11!? That has been talked about here but everyone says the engine is so long, you'll never find a transaxle short enough to fit. Fortunately we did get the 1JZ and 2JZ engines, twin turbos and all.

I can drift fine without rear camber plates... but I race on tracks too (Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, Infineon... they're all within 4 hours of where I live). And for that and autocross, I need more rear grip since I won't be drifting.

My roommates just went to the passes (not what we call them here but same stuff :)) last night. One of them came home with a bent rear quarter panel and crunched rear bumper. Ack.

You are very lucky to be able to race on Laguna Seca. I know people that take their cars just to race that track. A 1JZ in an AW11 is one of the sickest AW11 engine conversions to this day. I know it's possible, but you're talking about a whole new car. The car's balance isn't very great though. I'll find out about rear camber plates when I go back to work. I don't use grip techniques, even on circuits. I drive faster drifting than gripping. Do your roommates do Autocross or anything like that? My roommates are my dad, and my best friend... It's funny seeing our garage with 3 AE86's, all panda 86's....

-ArC

Yeah, Laguna Seca is very close by for me, just a 2 hour drive. :) I've never actually driven it myself yet, but I've been there many times and ridden with other people. It's more expensive than most other tracks. I don't know what circuits you race on (I'm pretty much only familiar with Tsukuba) but I'm never faster drifting, it scrubs off speed.

At our place we have two AW11s and an AE86. :) And possibly soon another AE86 and an FC TurboII.

Tsukuba is one of the circuits. I always watch Tsuchiya Keiichi in his Group A AE86 beat everyone on that circuit. You couldn't pay me to race him, his skills are godly and that's all to say about him. I haven't raced on a circuit in a long time, Tsukuba was the last one I went to. I've been doing a lot of mountain passes. Basically everywhere in Initial D I've been on or raced on. I tried uphill racing... not happening. I didn't count my girlfriend's car or my best friend's girlfriend's car (they come over a lot). It would make it 2 AE86 Truenos (panda), AE86 Levin (panda), DC2 Integra (purple...), and an EK9 Type-R Civic (black, ugly, hate FF, hate the shifter location). I saw a few websites that show when idiots modify a car. For instance, excessive bodywork, excessive decals, etc. Honda's are pretty much cars driven by women over here. And it's funny how some people in the U.S. modify their cars by doing appearence first. My friend in Florida always tells me stories of these "rice-boys."

-ArC

lol, i wish sumday i could b in japan, though i hear everythings expensive and all, but my cousin whos in teh army right nows in Seoul, Korea, and one of teh ppl he knows has a R34 in tokyo waitin 2 b picked up, its insane, heh and about Hondas bein womens cars, thats too good, Honda/Acura is like the center of the whole import scence basically in the US, or @least Cali, everywhere i go, sigh...yes in my white 91' Civic DX 4 forr (moms old car), i c civics and tegs, even ghetto civics with 100 spoke rims and ive even seen one fitted with hydraualics, man....oh yes and my cousin also drives a teg, 99' Acura Integra GS-R with Bomex full kit and sum engiine mods, basically jsut a AEM intake, DC header, and a Tanabe Racing Medallion Exhaust, rice this, rice that, its all over the place

Judging by your user name, I was hoping you had an AE86. But, if the Civic is your first car, I wouldn't complain. My first car was.... I don't want to say it, but I will. I had an AE85, the infamous "Hachi-Go" for 2 months. I had it just to learn the basics of shifting, the heel-toe. That car actually helped out a lot. My friends say that I make Schumacher look bad with my shift techniques. So, Honda and Acura (is this Honda's luxury company?) is the center of the import scene. Those cars were built for one thing... gas mileage. :) What about American cars? Does anyone throw an aerokit on Chevrolets and Fords? We recently had a car show here and there was this Corvette. It was lowered and had a carbon-fibre kit on it. The car was painted black so the naked CF didn't look that bad. But the car had twin turbos and that shocked the heck out of me. In the U.S. GS-R, is it the B18? I worked on a B18c5 for a friend of mine and I didn't enjoy one second of it. The VTEC system is all ran by computers and I don't like that at all. They are good cars... to go shopping in. ;)

-ArC

our GS-R uses the B18C1, but we have quite a few type-r's over here with the B18C5. i own a prelude with an H22A4...and its no piece of cake to work on. the vtec changes so many things when it crosses over, pretty hard to tune. i'd rather have a conventional engine with a turbo honestly :irked: (thats why im selling the prelude)

In my opinion, all FF Hondas (or Acuras) are not good at anything racing related. On the track, all you get is understeer, the weight balance is horrible, a spoiler is useless (spoilers are meant to keep rear wheels on the ground for better traction), and they are a pain to work on. H22 is a great engine, but it's also FWD. There are some guys out here with Hondas, but they convert them to RWD. I still don't like them though. There's a Honda NSX club out here and there are a lot of members. Most of them I don't like though. I passed by them while they were having a meet, and 2 of them went and followed me so they could race. Their cars stock can beat my AE86 on the highways, but they have no chance in the corners. :) If you think you can handle it, try out an AE86 instead of a Prelude if you want to drift. Prelude requires the handbrake to drift... I recommend one of these
rotor.gif
. Anything with a rotary engine is good due to it's small and compact engine. 13B = 1.2L and pushed 200hp, cannot beat that.

-ArC

yeah, the RX-8 witht he return of the rotory, and yes Acura is Hondas "luxury" company, they've split all Japanese companies into 2 around here:
Nissan / Infinity
Honda / Acura
Toyota / Lexus

but yeah, isnt a Cavalier part of Toyotas car line-up over there? i remember bomex making a kit for a cavalier and it was under toyotas name, right now, im jsut waitin to save up, sell my car and by myself either a Lancer Evo 8 or a 03' WRX STi, either of which is under $40k, oh well, i guess we'll all have to wait and c how Nissan does b/c they say they r goin to b bringin the R35 to the states

I know about Lexus, a lot of Aristo's and Altezza's here have the Lexus bading on the front (I'm not sure why they some people do it to their cars). About the new Skyline... well, all I can tell you is the new Skyline has already hit the states. Infiniti makes it, and it's called the G35. That is our newest Skyline as well. They don't have a GT-R model, but I hope they don't make one because this car is a completely different Skyline. I haven't heard much on the next GT-R. I hope this G35 is just a luxury Skyline and they come out with the R35. The G35's chassis code is unrelated to the rest of the high performance Skylines.

DR30 - RS was best model
R31 - GTS-R was best model
BNR32 - GT-R VSpecII
BNCR33 - GT-R VSpecII
BNR34 - GT-R VSpecII
V35 - Stupid Spec...

The V35's sports model has foglights, a tiny spoiler, and a lip kit (not sure if you call it that in the States), and all the V35's have the sportstronic shifter. How fun is Up and Down... oh wait, go left for reverse! If Nissan does not make a new GT-R, a lot of fans will be disapointed. Anyone know if they have a new owner or CEO? About the Cavalier, I don't know what they look like, so I couldn't tell you if it's part of our lineup. If it's an American car, I doubt it is.

-ArC

If it's a Chevrolet, then I doubt it's part of our lineup. Anyone have a chassis code? With that I'd be able to tell you. Maybe Bomex was lazy and didn't want to make a whole new section for Chevrolet.

-ArC

it seems that the car to get from japan is the g35 coupe or the nissan z... 2 something hp in na form is great and while a fiarlady will be nice na is mhat i like unless we are talking about rally cars... the 04 STi is a great car... wont say anything about the lancers which i am sure will outsell the STi just cause... the rx8... i fear for its sucess... i want it to suceed and beat the z but i think the pros of using a rotary engine have been compromised by mazdas new head of design.. no longer do we recieve a street race car... we recieve a sports sedan if you will... just one with a suicide door rather than a real one... the rx8 should have been lower accentuating the low center of mass... they should have pushed the engine further behind the front axle... kinda like what they did with the z... they should have believed that a true sport version would not end the rotary engine... some poeple just dont like rotaries... i love them... the renisis is great creating the hp of a tt fd in na form... just fantastic... i hope mazda has not compromised the essence of the rx name... the z on the other hand is already a sucess... havent seen a rx8 yet tho... so sad...

imagine taking that rx8 renisis rotary and putting it in rx7 rs ... changing the gears axles d shaft etc... imagine the car you would get... if mazda didnt compromise...

but i understand there position the rx7 was never as pop as a supra or z... they had to try something new

Everything you said about the RX-8 is very true. MazdaSpeed made a very limited RX-8 over here. One color, a very sexy aerokit, nice wheels, and about 30 more ps than the regular RX-8. If you think that the battle will be just between Nissan and Mazda... Toyota's next Supra... will demolish them all. From what I've heard, the next Supra will still be an inline-6 with a couple turbines backing it up. And the concept drawings I've seen make the car look out of control. If they want the Z33 to become faster, I think a supercharger would be the best for it. I don't know much about the new RENESIS engine so I cannot comment on it as of this moment. It seems the EVO VIII will beat the new STi in sales due to the fact that it has A/C and a radio. I'm not sure if you have the STi's in the States, but it'll most likely have both the luxuries. I saw on the news when the U.S. first recieved the Lancer. FWD and pushes under 160hp is impressive (a little sarcasm). But now that you have the Evolution, I'm curious to know what it pushes out. Is it more than the 280ps that we have here? I just realized that we are posting about this in a board that says "looking for AE86." I think someone should make a new board thats just for comparing U.S. and Japanese cars... since that's all we're doing.

-ArC

A while ago, I saw concept drawings of a car that looks similar to a Trueno/Levin hatchback. I doubt it'll become a production model...

I'm interested in how the battle between the street-legal WRC cars are doing. Over here, the STi has beaten the EvoVIII in pretty much every magazine. I've driven both of them, and I think the STi is better also. We'll, I drove an EvoVII so, I'm not sure if they did anything major to the EvoVIII besides the facelift.

-ArC

its detuned, not equipped with an electronic center differential, plus it weighs a bit more than your Evo VII. trust me, you got the good evo, we got the good sti :D

Over here they say the Evo 8 and the STI are pretty much equal as far as performance, but the EVO has won every test I've read so far based entirely on the fact that they say the steering is slightly more responsive than the STI. I like the STI better just based on looks and style (and my dad drives an 03 wrx).:D

Well, the detune is bad... is it a large detune or a small one? Does it even have the AYC (active yaw control)? That's what makes an EVO an EVO. I just called a friend (12:00AM in Florida), good thing it's saturday, but he told me the STi has 300hp? That's pretty cool that you got the better STi. But a 300hp STi Vs. a detuned EVO, the EVO still wins? Interesting. Impreza's and Evolution's are great cars. Did your dad modify his Impreza? I agree about the STi looking better. The blue with gold rims is a perfect combonation. There's an EVO club and a Subaru club. Well basically every type of car has it's own club. My garage is my club. ;) One more question about the EVO and STi. Do they have the button that sprays water into the intercooler?

-ArC

yeah I don't know why the Evo is rated better...US Evo doesn't have AYC:(
My dad doesn't modify his WRX because it's a leased car right now (he was going to buy it and let me do some stuff to it, but then we heard the STI was coming...so he's going to trade it in when the lease is up and buy an STI). I may buy the WRX off him when the lease is up so we'd have to WRX's in the family hehe.

You will basically have a similar garage to mine then. My dad has had his AE86 since the 1985. A 1985 Corolla GT-S (we used to live in the States). It was good, but he was planning on moving to Japan so we gave that AE86 to my friend when we left (guy that I sent the 20V to) and my dad bought a Trueno with something like 15,000kms on it. Very, very low milage. Then he got me an AE85 just to learn how to understand the basics of weight transfer, shifting, and well... just the ability to drive fast. Then I got a job at Toyota, and I bought myself a Trueno with about 40,000kms on it. It was red though... So my dad and I took apart the whole car, got EVERYTHING redone. Rebuilt the whole engine, and by the time we were done, I only could afford 2 rims... then my best friend had a tragic thing with his family, so we invited him to live with us. He loves it, but he still doesn't understand Japanese fully. He has an AE86 Levin. It's a track car made for grip driving though, but it works out great. About the EVO, it has no AYC?!? That's just riduculous... I hope you get the WRX. 4WD is very advantigous and it's an absolute beautiful car.

-ArC

yeah the WRX has lost to teh EVO 8 in all the tests, mainly b/c of the smaller turbo and faster spool up the EVO has, but still its a WRX, u cant go wrong with a scooby, and the reason i said i hope they do a good job on the R35 is b/c rumors have risen of the new GT-R to b the 1st true skyline to b brought to the states, hopefully its true, and about the button with the water that sprays into the intercooler, thats a big NO, the G35 is ok in the coupe form, big Brembo brake and rotor combo, sport tuned, but thats about it, against the 350Z its got nuthin, and hey Deity, r u Japanese? or another nationality? oh yeah and heres a pic of the MAZDASPEED RX-8

Attachments

• rx8_2_f.jpeg
    rx8_2_f.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 128

Latest Posts

Back