I Need A Ae86! Finders Fee If Located!

• Thread starter MADBOOST
  • 1,078 comments
Originally posted by Deity of Drift
About the EVO, it has no AYC?!? That's just riduculous... I hope you get the WRX. 4WD is very advantigous and it's an absolute beautiful car.

-ArC

yeah apparently they said with AYC and VCD the base price of the car would've been too high so they ditched them :shakes head: I don't get it..but oh well.
I definitely want the WRX..I've driven my dad's a bunch of times and it's pretty damn fast stock and tons of fun to drive. The only thing I'm not to fond of is the headlights..I like the 04 style WRX headlights better than the round ones, but it doesn't make much difference either way. If I don't buy the WRX I'll probably pick up an S14 with high mileage and swap an sr20det or rb25det into it (depending on what I can afford), but that won't be for a while. Right now I'm driving a Honda Accord (my grocery getter) which isn't a whole lot of fun to drive..but it's comfy and gets good gas mileage (and it looks pretty cool with the neuspeed springs/kyb agx struts and 18" Axis Se7ens I've got it on hehe) so I can't really complain too much.

ooh, mazda speed rx8 is perty..I actually like that and I'm not a huge fan of the new RX8.

I thought the US EVO 8 had the intercooler-water-sprayer button? Damn that sucks if it doesn't.:odd:

mayb, i havent really looked into it, but right now i dun think it does, also here r sum pics of the MAZDASPEED atenza and next post with a RX-7

Attachments

• atenza_f.jpeg
    atenza_f.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 123
The name's Tom, and no, I'm not Japanese. I'm actually... ITALIAN! I was born in the States (Queens, NY) and lived there until I was 11 or 12. Then my parent's split and I moved to Japan with my dad. My dad has been a track racer all his life and some guy gave him a start in racing so he took it, and he took me with him. Well, now that that is covered, the R35 now. That would be cool to have Skyline's in the States. I know a lot of people that would buy them because it's too expensive to import a Skyline nowadays. The I/C spray... another dissapointment. The G35, it's a great looking car, but I doesn't deserve the Skyline name over here. And that picture of the MazdaSpeed RX-8 made me shiver. I thought they only made it in a dark grey (similar to the Spirit R FD3S).

If the AYC and VCD are gone, the WRX should win everything. I like the circular headlights only if you get the STi ones (used in the WRC Impreza). The S14 with the SR20DET is a great combonation. They are completely compatible and will give you better results than the RB25. The RB25 belongs in the Skyline, and I think it would be a more expensive engine to get. LOL on the grocery getter comment. Is that your first car?

-ArC

Originally posted by Deity of Drift

If the AYC and VCD are gone, the WRX should win everything. I like the circular headlights only if you get the STi ones (used in the WRC Impreza). The S14 with the SR20DET is a great combonation. They are completely compatible and will give you better results than the RB25. The RB25 belongs in the Skyline, and I think it would be a more expensive engine to get. LOL on the grocery getter comment. Is that your first car?

-ArC
yeah I'm 19 now and I bought the car from my parents (well..I actually only payed about $4k)when I got my license 3 years ago. It's a 97 Accord LX 4dr and it's slow..but I don't mind..when I want to drive fast I borrow my dad's car. As for the RB25 in a 240sx..it's becoming a pretty common swap here, the engines are slightly more money, but alot of people seem to prefer them over the SR. I'd most likely go with the SR simply because it's cheaper and it wouldn't require any modification to the engine mounts to install it (at least nothing major) and that would leave me some extra money to put into the suspension. But it will be a while before I have the money to actually do any of it..considering I'm jobless right now haha.:D

We'll I'm jobless temporarily (got a full paycheck!). That's why I'm hardly sleeping and talking on a computer all day. But, today is Saturday and it's 2:40PM. Tonight I will be amused by driving the passes. Who knows, maybe even battle somebody. I didn't realize the RB25 is a common swap over there. Well, I've seen a few RB25 powered S14's, but those are people that want superior power over the SR20. All high end S14's have the SR20. The SR20 would be the easiest engine to install on to a S14. Actually a CA18 would be easier but thats 1800cc and not as good as 2000cc.

-ArC

Originally posted by LanEvo
its detuned, not equipped with an electronic center differential, plus it weighs a bit more than your Evo VII. trust me, you got the good evo, we got the good sti :D

exactly

for a while people were saying that the evo was way better than the STi... couldnt figure it out...

i think the evo will beat the STi in the states in sales tho just cause i have seen three or four already and only one STi... and people are under the imp that mitwsu is supplying a good car... when its massively detuned... i think it does have the water sprayer... but so does the STi... the STi has better suspension in the states... more hp... a later litre engine... which is good and bad depending on how you look at it...

anyways that is a sweet rx8... if i had the money i would buy botha z and an rx8... right now i am leaning toward loving the 350z just because of the rx8's sacrifices... but sometimes the sacrifices are good... for instance... the STi doesnt have fold down rear seats like the WRX or RS... i like to snow board and this is y i would get a 4wd car... well i cant fit my baords and luggage int eh car and i dont really wanna put them on top... so the car becomes unpratical because it didnt make a sacrifice as simple as a fold down rear seat... this forces me to look at a wrx which really isnt that much different than a model earlier wrx so might as well get that... but it doesnt have inverted struts or anythign i like abou teh STI... and then that turns me off from even thinking about the WRX as a car for me... well i guess i made my point... back to thinking about used cars... porsche porsche porsche 944

people actually put ca18det's into S14's? I thought they stopped making CA18's in like 1990 after the 180sx switched to the Sr20det, but I could be wrong.
I actually prefer the s13's over the s14's as far as style, but I'm 6'4" tall and I don't think I'd fit in one..I think my head would hit the ceiling hehe. From what I've heard, the s14 has more heardroom that's why I've been looking into those.

I was just using the CA18DET as an example. That would be funny to see one in the S14. I don't think that engine could handle the S14's weight. Well, the only way of you fitting in an S13, would to get bucket seats. They are expensive. I only have one in my car and it would've cost me about $700USD for my BRIDE seat. But I have my way around things...

-Tom [I should start saying my name instead of ArC (my nickname after a drift I invented)]

yeah as soon as I find an s13 for sale locally I'll know for sure if I fit in one. It's too bad, cause I love the 180sx and s13's are alot cheaper but oh well.
Nothing wrong with random conversations...it beats starting a new thread. hehe...maybe I should tag my posts with my name too

-Mark

never said there was something wrong with random conversations almost everything i say is pretty random.... just keep on forgetting my this post under find me an AE86 keeps on getting posts lol

anyways that is a sweet rx8... if i had the money i would buy botha z and an rx8... right now i am leaning toward loving the 350z just because of the rx8's sacrifices... but sometimes the sacrifices are good... for instance... the STi doesnt have fold down rear seats like the WRX or RS... i like to snow board and this is y i would get a 4wd car... well i cant fit my baords and luggage int eh car and i dont really wanna put them on top... so the car becomes unpratical because it didnt make a sacrifice as simple as a fold down rear seat... this forces me to look at a wrx which really isnt that much different than a model earlier wrx so might as well get that... but it doesnt have inverted struts or anythign i like abou teh STI... and then that turns me off from even thinking about the WRX as a car for me... well i guess i made my point... back to thinking about used cars... porsche porsche porsche 944

I passed this post up, so I'll comment on it now. The STi is basically a road-legal rally car here in Japan. No A/C, no radio, just 2 STi bucket seats, a backseat, and the necessary gauges. If we have identical STi's, that's the reason for not having fold down rear seats. You could always find a wrecked WRX and just swap the seats. It should be that hard due the the Impreza's having 4 doors. Porsche 944 isn't a bad car. They're rare over here, not sure what the situation on them in the U.S. is...

-Tom

I'm surprised the STI doesn't have folding rear seats..actually I'm surprised the STI has a rear seat at all, hehe, I wonder how hard it would be to remove the rear seat? maybe you could just take it out when you go boarding and put it back in when you need it again..I've never taken the back seats out of a car though so i don't know.

haha, yeah it's definitely a popular thread...even though 90% of the posts have nothing to do with the original topic :D I wonder if the guy who started it still checks to see if anybody found him an AE86...I wonder if he's annoyed that we highjacked his thread

I don't think MADBOOST deserves an AE86. Someone said that it's something you earn and someone else said that they don't think they deserve one. I bet he watched Initial D saying "If I bought one... I could drift just like Takumi does!" He posesses a god-like skill. I'm almost there though!

-Tom

teh STi in japan is 2 litre right... at least the engine is changed for us spec... 2.5... we have four doors... inverted struts...

Wheelbase/Length 100.0/173.8
Width/Height 68.5/56.3
Track: Front/Rear 58.7/58.5
Curb Weight (pounds) (w/Manual Transmission) 3263

the turbo gauge has to be ordered seperately...

i think its basically a reg wrx shell with rs engine with turbo and intercooler with no fold down dam seats... and better suspension engine maintainence and of course the bucket seats...

i gave you the wheelbase and such for eash comp of Japanese to us body...

2.5L would explain the increase of horsepower. The bigger displancement is both good and bad. Good for extra power, bad for extra weight (not that it's a lot). Still, it's a sexy car that has proven itself in WRC.

-Tom

i believe it is but i could be wrong i think the only place that is recieving 2.5s is north america... aus has a 2.0... it hink its cause 2.0 is what is limited by wrc... so hard core rally fans wanna keep within the limits...

the 2.5 is also bad for fuel consumption... but that is not something one should look at when buying an STi

All the STi's are still 2.0L that produce 280ps. I'll find out about the 2004 model. I like the new headlamps, but I don't like them. It's hard to explain... I like them over the stock 2003 style, but not over the STi 2003 style (black).

-Tom

man i saw the STi 2003 style on a black wagon here in us... it was sweet... made me think about saving some moeny initally witht he WRX 03... but 2.5L...

scoobie.... soobie.... maybe from australia... they say stuff like that... but i dunno

There's a guy out here. He has 2 Impreza wagons, and he disabled the AWD system on them, and uses them to drift. It's so funny but he can pull some crazy drifts with it. Scooby... I still want to know where that came from.

-Tom

Back