If PD decided to hire a new celebrity voice to guide you through GT6..

• Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 1,195 comments
Sorry if it's been said already, but easy. Martin Brundle, who is the main commentator on British F1 coverage. Knows what he's talking about, is serious, insightful, explains complex things in an easy to understand down to Earth manner and isn't afraid to be funny with it so it's not super boring.

Murray Walker. Watch his review of the McLaren F1 on YouTube. Lol the man is s legend.
A GT Academy winner would be nice and it would seem a lot more probable to happen.

Gok Wan? :lol:

Schwarzenegger? Wait are you waiting for?! Do it Nowwww!

As soon as I saw this I thought, Morgan Freeman, open topic... oh! haha

Sorry if it's been said already, but easy. Martin Brundle, who is the main commentator on British F1 coverage. Knows what he's talking about, is serious, insightful, explains complex things in an easy to understand down to Earth manner and isn't afraid to be funny with it so it's not super boring.
A lot of this would hinge on the actual script. When Brundle commentates the Grands Prix, it's all spontaneous - but in the case of a game, it would have a script for him to follow. And sometimes people who are very good with the spontaneous stuff are not that great at reading a script. Especially if it's not their own work, or if they can't actually see that they're describing. Daniel Craig is a perfect example of this; he's a very good actor, but his voice work (two James Bond games and TINTIN) has, to date, been sub-par (for him). Jeremy Clarkson is good because his work on Top Gear is his work - he's the one who writes it.

I think the key is to find someone who is genuinely interested in cars and motorsports, and has experience with script reading. Therefore, I'd say Rowan Atkinson would be a great choice. He's also got a terrific voice.

208SpeedGeek
TK would be great!

I'd love to hear Lewis Hamilton, Jensen Button or Allan McNish on there. Patrick Long from the Flying Lizard ALMS team would be great too.

Patrick Long doesn't approve of simulators, so he wouldn't. Or at least I dont think he would.
Jensen Button would be cool, but Kaz is a Vettle fan. ;)

Morgan Freeman.

Or Bill Cosby, lol.

You better not hit the CURBS with the bumpin' and the slidin' and the screechin', on the NURBURGRING.

I think David Hobbs would do pretty well also.
Even San Posey who I believe narrates the intros to all the F1 races on Speed.

He just passed the Ferrari...
Yeeeeeeeeuwwwwww! (peanut)

He just passed that Ferrari!
What a bastard...
I killll youu!
:lol: And when you get to level 40, Peanut says, "That's good that's good that's gooood."

I just had a radical thought for a new in-game voice:
CHUCK NORRIS.

Did anyone else think of Bruno (borat) when they saw the intro video for the Seb Vettel challenge in the special events?

He sounded exactly like him to me :lol:

Sorry for off topic but the thread title reminded me...

If this is a serious question its pretty dumb. Why on earth would we possibly need this? It would just be a waste of money for PD to hire someone for this

If this is a serious question its pretty dumb. Why on earth would we possibly need this? It would just be a waste of money for PD to hire someone for this

Here is another question. What makes you think we are not thinking about this in a sense that once PD has everything the game needs, put the icing on top, AKA, the small things that polish up the game into masterpiece featuring a famous voice like Forza did with Clarkson.

Vicky Butler-Henderson.
She has the best female Nürburgring Nordschleife time on the world.

Yeah Vicky yeah!!!

Tiff Needel would do great too...

Or Stephen Fry... good memories from the nice Little Big Planet speeches.

Back