If PD decided to hire a new celebrity voice to guide you through GT6..

• Thread starter GTOne2Three
  • 1,195 comments
Here is another question. What makes you think we are not thinking about this in a sense that once PD has everything the game needs, put the icing on top, AKA, the small things that polish up the game into masterpiece featuring a famous voice like Forza did with Clarkson.

Because there will always be things for them to better spend their money on that will add more to the game than someone talking

captaincrunch24
Jerry Seinfeld. "Why do they call it the Cape Ring? Am I supposed to wear a cape when I drive on it?" Horrible attempt @ humour but whatever. :)

You made me laugh more than Seinfeld ever does:P

Tiff Needel, Vicki Butler-Henderson, Jason Plato, Jonny Smith and Ben Collins.
Ben Collins can wear a white overall and helmet ;)

This could be interesting, if taken a step or two further. Maybe there could be driving lessons from Tiff, Jason, Vicki and Ben. Maybe even a 'challenge' where you have to keep up with a car that's 'driven' by one of them.

Picture a short video clip of Tiff talking about driving on a certain course, and walking to a car. He sits down and finishes with '...and your job here, is to keep up with the likes of me' and closes the door. Transition to the race start, and you're chasing a car that is supposedly driven by Tiff. Two short clips of Tiff's reaction are filmed for the aftermath, one for if you lose and one for if you win. Done.

GT6 should not have a voice-over "game guide", like in NFS Shift. It's just not something that belongs in a GT game.

That said, I could see uses for a celebrity voice in parts of the game, which is what they already do: use real racers for different parts of the game. If I were casting the pre-existing GT5 voice-overs, I would have ideally chosen these:

License Test demonstrations - Martin Brundle or Tiff Needell
AMG Driving Academy demos - Michael Schumacher

Roger from American Dad.

Or Morgan Freeman...

Ok seriously... Jeremy Clarkson on POWAAAAA!!! chalenges (Euro Supercars), James May on historical cars, while Richard Hammond with muscle cars. The end.

I need to admit that I miss some voices in GT5. When I did the licenses I got happy when I could hear the guy saying stuff about completing the licenses and all... but thats it. I wanted moar.

David Hayter. (Snake)

"Racing, racing has changed. Is not about manufacters and drivers, now is now just a chain of proxy racing raced by computers rated by a net of hinden politicians. The computers have endurance control, speed control, grip control, race control, world control."

"I'd hide in that econo-box"

For the laughs XD

Two reasons I feel it could be Jezza, both based on suspicion.
1) I believe he prefers GT over the other. Whenever they've done the show where he challenges a game, it's GT. I suspect he's a fan.
2) Even if MS has him contractually obligated, it couldn't be for more than a couple of years. Maybe he'll do some cover work on upcoming DLC. I have no idea when GT6 will release, surely by then "said contract would have expired". But, at the end of the day it's all about the money. Regardless, I vote Jeremy Clarkson.

Nobody from Top Gear, please. Seeing that GT is Japanese, those guys from Best Motoring are hilarious. But someone like Johnny Herbert would be great if he's used to explain the intricacies of racing. For car collection, I would say Jay Leno simply because his love for cars is infectious.

David Hayter. (Snake)

"Racing, racing has changed. Is not about manufacters and drivers, now is now just a chain of proxy racing raced by computers rated by a net of hinden politicians. The computers have endurance control, speed control, grip control, race control, world control."

"I'd hide in that econo-box"

For the laughs XD

hahahahahahahahahahaha:tup:đź‘Ť

maybe could be, dont remember his name, but the guy who did the vader`s voice.

just imagine:

ohh no you are getting out of the track, use the force!!... of oversteer!!.

Back