Yes, I would go back in time and punch my brother right in the face as he started creating my account without my knowledge.
By the time I found out about it that day I had 20 friends, six messages, and five chat requests. At that point it was out of control for my brother and he sent me the login info. What he forgot was that by listing my place of employment (over 300 employees) and school history everyone who may have a link to me was sent a message. He had just intended to sign up a few joint friends and family members and didn't expect a swarm of stuff from people he had never even heard of before.
I logged in, posted that it was a joke from my brother and changed all the login info. I haven't touched it since, but I still occasionally get email notices of random friend requests from people I hadn't seen since high school. Hey, we haven't talked in at least 12 years. We clearly don't run in the same circles or even visit the same places on a regular basis. Let's keep it that way. Judging by the reunion committee's ability to contact me I am still easily found without the aid of Facebook. If you, or I, really cared we would still be talking today. I know this because I do still talk to the people I really cared about.
I do need to turn off those email notifications, but I don't want to waste the time logging back in.
I like Facebook. I've reconnected with a bunch of old friends I never would have talked to again.
Not to claim that you or anyone are insincere, as life can be busy: Maybe I listen to my grandmother too much, but I question the sincerity of anyone who hasn't talked to me in over a decade and acts like we are friends when someone makes it as easy as a click of a button to reconnect. I also question the guy that made that application for free, and more and more it seems we should.
For fun:
10 Reasons to Delete your Facebook Account.