IMSA | Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge | Revival? See post #622Open 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 654 comments

Please vote on all the selections below.

• Room Open: 10AM PDT / 1PM EDT / 5PM UTC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the 2nd & 3rd off, so I will have a testing room open on both days to spec all of the cars. Anyone that wants to join and help out is welcome to. :)

Triple post. :lol: A few things:

1) I've been wanting to do a Bathurst endurance race. I posted about it in the single races forum but might integrate it into this championship. I figure we'll do 6 races again, but one of them will be the Bathurst endurance race and be worth double points. đź‘Ť

2) Obviously with the Bathurst thing above, we'll be using mostly international circuits this time around, but since it's a USA based series, we will still use cars only available in the USA.

3) Here's what I have written down as a potential car list: (italic cars are new)

GS Class
  • Ford Mustang Boss 302
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • RUF RGT
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage
  • Subaru Impreza WRX STi
  • Nissan 370Z
  • Mitsubishi Evolution X
  • Audi TTS
  • Nissan Skyline 370GT (aka G37 Coupe)
  • BMW M4 (replacing M3)
  • Dodge Challenger SRT8
ST Class
  • Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
  • BMW 135i
  • RUF 3400S
  • Mazda MX-5
  • Honda Civic Type R (close enough to Civic Si)
  • Mini Cooper S
  • Ford Focus ST
  • Volvo C30
  • Audi TT
  • Subaru BRZ
  • Scion FRS
  • Volkswagen Golf R
There might be 1 or 2 more ST cars but I don't have the list in front of me at work, trying to go off memory. :P

Thoughts?

Last edited:
All look like welcome additions to me! I'll personally probably pick the Subaru or Audi in GS class as I'm keen on a 4WD drivetrain. I don't mind helping to spec the 4WD cars, just need a lap time to aim for or something and can work on it.

All look like welcome additions to me! I'll personally probably pick the Subaru or Audi in GS class as I'm keen on a 4WD drivetrain. I don't mind helping to spec the 4WD cars, just need a lap time to aim for or something and can work on it.
I ran a bunch of laps (about an hours worth) the other night at Monza 80's in the final spec 370Z and Civic Type R. I can post those times up when I get home tonight.

Looks like a 1:53.8xx is about where you need to be in GS. đź‘Ť

Are you using the previous specs for the 370 and Civic as your baseline?

What about allowing the cars with terrible weight distribution some freedom with ballast?

Last edited:
Are you using the previous specs for the 370 and Civic as your baseline?

What about allowing the cars with terrible weight distribution some freedom with ballast?
All of the cars will be slightly faster than last season. This time around I am trying to avoid adding mandatory ballast at all possible, but for some cars already I have had to add some to slow them down in the corners. (RUF RGT for example) If drivers want to add weight to their car to help with weight distribution, that's fine with me. As long as you are minimum weight or above, no harm done.

Also, I moved the Hyundai Genesis to the GS class since it fits better there with the V6. Wish we had the 2.0T version...

All GS class cars have their initial BOP set, with the exception of the AWD cars which I think @Andil said he would do. At Monza 80's, I have them all between 1:53.7xx and 1:53.9xx. All laps were done on "fast" tire wear & fuel consumption (forgot to mention this Andil, sorry :P), and tanks above 3/4 fuel level.

Starting on the ST class now.

All of the cars will be slightly faster than last season. This time around I am trying to avoid adding mandatory ballast at all possible, but for some cars already I have had to add some to slow them down in the corners. (RUF RGT for example) If drivers want to add weight to their car to help with weight distribution, that's fine with me. As long as you are minimum weight or above, no harm done.

Also, I moved the Hyundai Genesis to the GS class since it fits better there with the V6. Wish we had the 2.0T version...
I was thinking more along the lines of removing weight and replacing it with ballast to get some of the cars closer to 50-50. I know there were a few FR cars that were very nose heavy.

I was thinking more along the lines of removing weight and replacing it with ballast to get some of the cars closer to 50-50. I know there were a few FR cars that were very nose heavy.
That makes me wonder how much faster it would make any single car. So many weight variations to test going that route, but if it doesn't provide a significant advantage then it might be ok. I've already spent over 8 hours testing just the GS cars.

That makes me wonder how much faster it would make any single car. So many weight variations to test going that route, but if it doesn't provide a significant advantage then it might be ok. I've already spent over 8 hours testing just the GS cars.
In a test it might be only a few tenths but in a race with fast tire wear I would want the car that is closest to 50-50.

If you want to pm me a link to your testing sheet and I will do some testing.

All GS class cars have their initial BOP set, with the exception of the AWD cars which I think @Andil said he would do. At Monza 80's, I have them all between 1:53.7xx and 1:53.9xx. All laps were done on "fast" tire wear & fuel consumption (forgot to mention this Andil, sorry :P), and tanks above 3/4 fuel level.

Starting on the ST class now.
I will do some testing for the AWD cars with those settings no problem, won't be able to until Tuesday onwards though.

Probably going to put this on hold for now. I have an idea for this and want to put some extra time into working on it.

For now, I'm thinking about doing a V8 Supercars series based on their recently released Gen2 rules that opens the series to Coupe body styles and non-V8 powered cars. I will post a thread explaining everything sometime this week and I'd like to start at the end of the month.

Back